(2014) ivf mummies support group

Faith U mention before someone say your supply not much Isit? If latch she drink not enough or she just comfort latching. A lot say latching usually take 30-45mins but my younger also comfort latch usually 5mins stop and sleep. If everytime your girl latch 5mins stop then confirm won't be getting right amount and thus lose weight or doesn't gain. My younger girl can bottle and latch but she latch doesn't exceed 7mins one, I start to get lazy waking up for night feed and pump so I let her latch when she wake at night and less than 1week my mum can see she and elder weigh gain seems far apart. Pumping is not easy. I been pumping and washing and feeding them since the day they born. I can never stop pumping as one doesn't latch and the one who latch doesn't clear lol.

faith-i suddenly think of 1 thing.. could it be coz of block nose?

jus now my baby cry until scream.. then i hear the mucus sound when calm down n drinkin milk... wkend is over! no more cuddlin baby aft we wak up...

Ya joy I'm late today sending my girls to ifc. Just want to laze in bed.

Faith if U really want to try out all options and find out why bb not drinking maybe U want try to give fm see if she drink finish? My gf bb at 3mth all of a sudden refuse bm and she has to give fm in end. Weird thing is bb didn taste fm before as she is on total bm but at 3mth he just refuse so no choice mummy give fm and now he at 8mth is super chubby and over the percentile. Just another option for U to rule out any possibility.

Faithfully, that time my girl at about 2 months+ onwards refuse to drink milk. I keep going to the doctor but still really can't find the answer. Only until when she is sick down with fever and ulcer then realise it is her ulcer that's why she is not drinking. Even after her ulcer recovered, she is also not drinking well then realise is her block nose or sensitive nose that causes her to be like this. So I use nasal spray given by the doctor and after that she drinks.
She has been drinking back already, however my mum told me after the last injection she does not seems to be drinking a lot. So now back to the not a lot drinking again. The thing is my baby is taking small portion of solid food like plain cereal so at least that's keep her full. Most importantly as long baby pee and poo well, she does not look hydrated then should be fine. As you are on bm so I can't really ask you to give water. For my case is fm and cereal so we have to give water so that she can pee and poo.
If you are using nuk narrow teat, hmm.. for bm I understand is size s. I am using size M the original teat when you buy the bottle as I find size s super super slow. My baby drinks milk extremely slow one, I use size M also like 30 mins already some time. She can takes like 1 hour to really finish her milk as she drinks halfway don't want then I got to play with her then let her drink again.
My baby drinking mood is on and off one.

Do you want to try to visit another PD to see what's wrong?

Hi ladies, let's talk about puree. any good recipes to help in constipation?

ya for nuk bottles I think size s can for bm cause bm is not as thick as fm. my younger girl now can finish 140ml milk in 10mins. after her fever two weeks ago her drinking improved tremendously. no more fussing. but elder still same. guess its a pattern. now good maybe sometime next week bad again.
I just ask my ifc they say at 6 mths they will give plain porridge I am thinking porridge suitable mah? I didn talk into detail so maybe they refer as cereal. got to check again when they 6 mths.

my 1st puree I going to try is avocado. this fruit seems to be full of goodness. I know banana help adult in constipation but do the direct opposite for baby. weird hor I also don't know why. may I ask for puree we blend one time we keep chill in fridge or u all suggest blend and give fresh? cause starting they will be on 1 small spoon per day and if blend and feed and wash and throw the remaining like so wasted. if store chill can keep how long. will it be fresh.

Thanks all for the encouragement!

I used to use Nuk size M teat but I noticed the napkin is always soaked so I suspect a lot was drip onto the napkin. Even size M also takes hours to finish.

Guess what? Last night at 9ish, I gave her 100 ml EBM using Nuk size S teat. She drank without fussing much. Took her 30 minutes to finish. Then I topped up another 30 ml. She drank 20 ml. So last night total she drank 120 ml in 45 minutes which was a great improvement! I thought this could be the turning point. But I'm wrong. This morning I gave her 100 ml EBM and she only drank 20 ml and started fussing a lot and refused to drink. After trying for 3 hours, I latched her and now she's napping.

Iwahb, very good for your younger twin!!! :)

Lynn & Joy, I checked her nose. No blocked nose. Actually I've brought her to see Dr Khoo Poh Choo at KKH again. She said can start rice cereals for her or give FM to see if she likes it.

I tried giving her rice cereal mixed with my EBM. I spoon fed her. She likes it but it's very slow to spoon feed her 120 ml EBM with rice cereal because she is still not receptive towards bottle.

Last edited:
Faith maybe try fm using bottle see if she drink? No harm just let her try one bottle see what's her reaction. Like what pd say try cereal or mix with fm. When everything checked is allright then maybe it's the meal itself. Thou latch she ok but that's probably comfort latching right which in 1st place is your concern since she not gaining weight. Hope your ordeal pass soon and all back to normal.

Bbhc so now U stop working to care for your bb full time? U withdraw from ifc? Today send my girls ifc the younger one still not use to it. Cry the min I pass her to the teacher haha.

I am trying fbm on them as well lucky they didn resist. Some were dated dec last year. I may start some fm on them as well cause I scare when they increase their milk intake I might not have enough to feed and worst is wait they too long no taste fm they reject totally. One of my gf bb on total bm since birth and reject fm. So that day she on milk strike till the mummy return home. I hear this I also worry.

The very first rice cereal for my baby is try to mix like 1 teaspoon into the milk bottle and let baby drinks together with the milk (only for 1 meal per day). This method is to introduce at least very liquid solid food to let her stomach get use to it first.
Then after a few days, I put 1.5 teaspoon of rice cereal into a cup mix with hot water to like thick porridge texture, then add a bit my own milk like fm or bm in and mix to like lighter porridge texture. My baby will sit on the bumbo seat and I feed her with a spoon. This is to introduce the try to swallow food method. Baby first day will like push the food out but slowly she will get use to it. Then I increase to 2 meals per day with only 1.5 teaspoon. I think can slowly increase the spoon amount but mine the poo will be 3 days once instead of the usual 2 days. This week I will ask my mum to try give puree also. I got the nestle rice cereal free from my PD just plain rice cereal. Then I bought brown rice cereal with milk also.
Other timing is the usual milk for them without cereal.

By the way, remember to give baby water when introducing solid food.

Bb_hc, then you take leave to take care at the moment?
Ladies yesterday my mum started puree califlower. I will want to try avocado after the 3 days weaning.

faithfullyyours, I came across one of the mommies saying that her baby also didn't want to drink milk.

she applied teething gel and somehow her baby started to drink again. u can try and see if that helps. I guess we just have to keep troubleshooting to find out what is bothering them. hang in there k!

Hi gals, this is my first post. Have been reading your posts since last year though my baby is a Jan baby. Learnt a lot from u all.

This post is for faithfully as I've been reading abt her concerns. Faith, did u join the breastfeeding group in facebook? The people there are very helpful. I think your girl is not drinking bottle because you are the one feeding her. She knows mum is around and would rather take your breasts. Can you get someone else to feed her? If not spoon feed her instead?

Hi Lorraine, thanks for the post! :)

Nope. Didn't join any group.

I know she is rejecting bottle because she associates me with breastfeeding. But I have to be the one to give her bottle because I'm a SAHM. DH has to work so most of the time, it's just me and baby at home. So she has to get used to me between breasts and bottle.

On Sunday night, she drank 120 ml EBM without any struggle. Thought it was a turning point but no! She reverted to her old form on Monday and screamed so loudly the moment we just put the bottle in front of her. The teat didn't even get into her mouth. In the end, I poured that 100 ml EBM and mixed with some rice cereal and spoon fed her.

Circle, okay I'll try using teething gel and if it works.

Last edited:
Yes faith, my gal is 11 weeks plus now and my mum is having a hard time feeding her bottle. I have to go into the room to hide. I can totally understand your worries. At least now your gal takes solid food. U don't have to worry so much if she doesn't finish your EBM. Besides, They don't always drink the same amt even on the breasts. Sometimes they only suck for a few min like snack sometimes they power suck for very long. Babies will know when they are full. Even bottle feeding my gal will refuse to drink exactly after 3 oz most of the time. As long as she is playing and responding well to you I think she's fine. Don't worry too much. I also changed bottle. From tommee tippee to mam, she still fusses initially though she doesn't burst out crying as bad (cross fingers). If your really think she's doesn't drink well can try spoon feeding or cup feeding. Or maybe the milk u expressed out is rich in fats that's why she only takes a little and is full? You can tell from the colour of the milk (fore milk vs hind milk). If you plan to continue bf, do check out the fb group, there's lots of tips there. I learnt a lot from there too.

Btw i gave teething gel when she was 3 months as she refused to drink. It helps for me but sometimes also don't help. Haha my baby is those mood swing type. Well now at least she eats and drinks but also depends. As long as she is taking some food, no dehydration and happy then ok.

Last edited:
ya for nuk bottles I think size s can for bm cause bm is not as thick as fm. my younger girl now can finish 140ml milk in 10mins. after her fever two weeks ago her drinking improved tremendously. no more fussing. but elder still same. guess its a pattern. now good maybe sometime next week bad again.
I just ask my ifc they say at 6 mths they will give plain porridge I am thinking porridge suitable mah? I didn talk into detail so maybe they refer as cereal. got to check again when they 6 mths.

my 1st puree I going to try is avocado. this fruit seems to be full of goodness. I know banana help adult in constipation but do the direct opposite for baby. weird hor I also don't know why. may I ask for puree we blend one time we keep chill in fridge or u all suggest blend and give fresh? cause starting they will be on 1 small spoon per day and if blend and feed and wash and throw the remaining like so wasted. if store chill can keep how long. will it be fresh.

I blend the whole thing n freeze it. U can add a few drops of lemon in it n freeze it. Scoop out abit of purée for ur bb to take then the rest u freeze it. The next time u want to let them eat u can always warm up the purée, my frien teach me to use the old method of warming up the purée but it takes very long time so I decided to heat it up. Faster n easier. Coz my boy cannot wait for u to feed him when he's hungry.
Banana n apple cause constipation. Can try plum.
For cereal can try this brand call healthy times. I was told nestle cereal is sweet.
U can give porridge if u want to. But the porridge muz be very soft type. I use slow cooker to cook the porridge at least 3-4 hours. N some more I still add in the vegetable stock which I cook the last time. Search online for stocks.

Btw i gave teething gel when she was 3 months as she refused to drink. It helps for me but sometimes also don't help. Haha my baby is those mood swing type. Well now at least she eats and drinks but also depends. As long as she is taking some food, no dehydration and happy then ok.
Most likely will quit. What brand of teething gel u getting?

Thanks snow for your advice. Why must put lemon before freeze? If no put can?

I try teething gel before too when my girls refuse to drink back then but also didn help much. Guess not teething yet then and not the gums causing problem.

Try fm for Faithfullyours cause her bb doesn't seems to be drinking. Even if direct latch her bb doesn't drink much cause weight no gain so she is worried. The concern is not bottle or latch is her bb not gaining weight. So must rule out all possibility

Thanks snow for your advice. Why must put lemon before freeze? If no put can?

I try teething gel before too when my girls refuse to drink back then but also didn help much. Guess not teething yet then and not the gums causing problem.

Try fm for Faithfullyours cause her bb doesn't seems to be drinking. Even if direct latch her bb doesn't drink much cause weight no gain so she is worried. The concern is not bottle or latch is her bb not gaining weight. So must rule out all possibility

Hmmm my frien say bcoz those fruits likes apple, pear and banan will cause oxidation so add abit of lemon Will not cause oxidation so fast. If u dun add also ok de. I think it depends individual ba

Hmmm my frien say bcoz those fruits likes apple, pear and banan will cause oxidation so add abit of lemon Will not cause oxidation so fast. If u dun add also ok de. I think it depends individual ba
Buddy, the avent steamer blender recipes also got teach put lemon. You go and read.
The teething gel green packaging one. Think it's De.. something brand one. Hehe.

Yesterday we were out the whole day as we went to JB for my girl's photo shoot. So no chance of giving her bottle. Yesterday was TBF, just like the good old days. She seemed okay yesterday with all the latching.

faith maybe u want to try to latch her again totally and monitor if she weight gain again. if after 1 week no weight gain after all direct latch then u really must consider other options. if she gaining weight well then u can go back to tbf :)

Hmm.. Some companies did organise. However my work schedule is full and night time need to take care of baby so not going.

This is the one

Attachments

• 1427378551972.jpg
    1427378551972.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 141
I passby there before and saw the clinic poster I think. been there for quite long already right the tcm. buddy near yr house u can go try. my younger always got running nose. lately mucous is green and sticky.

Yes yes my boy was treated without any oral medicine when he's 2 mths. Think they massage for immunity system too

Backpack for baby stuffs n a sling bag for my wallet n hp if possible. This week I damn busy w a cranky bb n work to do in ofc. She having cough n running nose.kp wanting to carry for comfort when slp.

My two girls also down with running nose. Very thick greenish mucous. Don't know if it's ifc too cold. Yesterday elder wake up few times at night and drink milk also can't finish. Me currently also bring a diaper bag and a sling bag for my own belongings. Diaper bag usually hook to stroller.

I use backpack for baby's stuff and a small sling bag for my mobile phone and wallet.

Today we brought our girl to The Parliament House to pay our last respects to our founding father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew. We parked our car at Marina Square and walked to Padang to join the priority queue. It took us an hour to walk from Marina Square to Padang to pay our respects and then to exit.

I like the Skip Hop backpack diaper bag. The Kate Spade diaper bag is very heavy after putting all baby's stuff inside.

I use agnes b as diaper bag or this miffy design diaper bag. carry a wristlet with cash, cards and handphone. easy to stuff into diaper bag or carry around

Yeah we paid last respect today too. Today changed to backpack instead of the usual sling bag. It's so much easier.

the latest bag i use is from qoo10, carters, can only sling or shoulder carry.. cute n light n cheap lik sgd30.. but need 2adjust strap if u usually sling n need 2hang on stroller...

Back