(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Ooh.. I'm back from kkh visit @ 33 weeks plus and baby is only 1.7kg.. doc says it's average but on the lighter side. Hmm.. but last month baby is only 1.23kg.. and I thought the increase in weight is quite substancial already. :rolleyes: If baby grows slowly then the massive amt of 0-3mths clothing will be put to good use..

Was approached by someone during the wait to donate the cord blood to a public blood bank. Heard will have to conduct an interview to both parents of child to be eligible for the donation. . Any takes on this?
Yup, there will be a form to fill up for both parents. Not really an interview but more of the basic health questions.

Ooh.. I'm back from kkh visit @ 33 weeks plus and baby is only 1.7kg.. doc says it's average but on the lighter side. Hmm.. but last month baby is only 1.23kg.. and I thought the increase in weight is quite substancial already. :rolleyes: If baby grows slowly then the massive amt of 0-3mths clothing will be put to good use..

Was approached by someone during the wait to donate the cord blood to a public blood bank. Heard will have to conduct an interview to both parents of child to be eligible for the donation. . Any takes on this?

What my gynae told me that KK have cord blood bank and we can bank in for free and gave us a brochure. After my husband read on brochure actually we donate it to blood bank and if anyone need it they can use it. So if next time we need it (hopefully not), we are not sure it will be our own cord blood or others people one.
This's what i heard from my husband , i haven't read on the brochure yet.

hahaha.... me too. Some friends told me the measurement thru ultrasound sometimes may not 100% accurate, depends on the baby's position as well. So I do not really bother, as long as baby is healthy. I also cravings something cold like ice cream, but dun dare eat too much, drink cold water better. lols.

Yah lor, ultrasound measurements jus an estimation. For my #1 gynae says above 3kg, full term come out only 2.6kg haha.

What my gynae told me that KK have cord blood bank and we can bank in for free and gave us a brochure. After my husband read on brochure actually we donate it to blood bank and if anyone need it they can use it. So if next time we need it (hopefully not), we are not sure it will be our own cord blood or others people one.
This's what i heard from my husband , i haven't read on the brochure yet.

Yeah the consultant said so too, once we donate, in future if need to retrieve will hv to pay "retail price" like everyone else, even if attempting to retrieve own donation.

But im planning to donate too.

Last edited:
Yes, snail mail.
Sms oso received.
Email hvnt check yet.

I also received the letter from Mt Alvernia after Dr Adrian's booked for me the hosp on 23rd March.

Attachments

• 1427361351968.jpg
    1427361351968.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 221
Hi All

I have a CN to recommend and she is available in mid-April till end May.
Very pro to BF, non-calculative most importantly very clean & hygiene.
She has good testimonies from her clients whom she had worked for the last 15years.
PM me for her contacts.

Anyone ever tried confinement food from TMC? Is it worth ordering? So costly $1k+ haha. I am just worried i dun like it to eat confinement food daily..... for 1 mth..

I ate only during the stay at hosp, its delicious, but not sure if the monthly taste as great... But its ex!

I heard from my yoga instructor that during labour the nurses will keep asking if you want epidural. She said under duress sometimes we may give in, so just make sure your husband can make the decision on your behalf and not succumb to their pressure.

Yes, nurses will kip asking cos fear by time u wan the epidural the dr is not ard to administer it. But good to infd ur gynae MAY USE instead of 100% declining.

Heard if really can't take it and want the jab Must request before dilation to 5cm, true? meaning >5cm can't get jab even if u beg?

I took mine ard 5-6cm... After duno like 7cm cannot take..must double check...to be sure!

Really??? Can u compare the differences! Ure so lucky!!! I really hope ure right about the nurses being wrong! I really thinkgirls are easier to take care as well! And they have the natural sweetness that makes us mommies and daddies melt...

Yeah they really can melt daddies heart! With their smile....

Btw, went for my check up just now. and my weight shot up 2kg within a week! I wonder where its from!! Arrgghhhh.....
Other than that, iron level in blood has increased, hence no need iron jab. Still have to take iron supplement tho.
Did CTG just now, no sign of contractions just as yet. Baby was uncooperative during the CTG test. Sleeping and relaxing. Had to do the test twice for better reading.

Baby head is really down in position alrdy. Doctor predicted baby to be out earliest by this Friday, or at most by next week.

Done my hospital pre-admission registration. Deposit paid. Forms all collected. Will start to fill up tmr. All are in order. Even husband's colleagues are getting excited for us. Hahhaha...

Dunno what to feel now tho. Its just like having a wedding all over again. Too much feelings going on till dunno what to feel also.

And upon reaching home from clinic at 5, I slept like a log till almost 8. hahhahhaa.... I become a sleepy queen!

@nazriah do u feel any difference when the bb start to head down position? Or onli the scanning then gynae say then u know of it? Coz I wan to be prepared just in case

Cow my gynae doesn't scan every appt... Next week is week 32 got a scan then donno when will scan again liao

@nazriah do u feel any difference when the bb start to head down position? Or onli the scanning then gynae say then u know of it? Coz I wan to be prepared just in case

Cow my gynae doesn't scan every appt... Next week is week 32 got a scan then donno when will scan again liao

For me i can feel the expanding of pelvic bone, and the weight on my bladder esp after sitting or lying down den stand up too fast..
What bout the rest?? @littlepurple , den u pay for consultation only??

I also received the letter from Mt Alvernia after Dr Adrian's booked for me the hosp on 23rd March.
Orr ok think he will book mine nxt appt onli since my last visit I only 31 wks.. The SMS I got is from the one I did myself in jan maybe that's y I don't have..

My baby measured 2.17kg in 31w6d. My gynae derived that by measuring head and stomach circumference. Considered a big baby, told me to watch diet. My bump doesn't look big though. He said baby girls usually come out lighter because they have lighter bones. I hope I don't have to be induced earlier. So much work not handed over yet!

My baby measured 2.17kg in 31w6d. My gynae derived that by measuring head and stomach circumference. Considered a big baby, told me to watch diet. My bump doesn't look big though. He said baby girls usually come out lighter because they have lighter bones. I hope I don't have to be induced earlier. So much work not handed over yet!

Ya true on girls being lighter.. Wen i scanned at 38wk was 3.5kg, wen out only 3.1kg...
But for boi very hard to gauge leh. I feel is much more den estimated...lol

I feel heavier at the bottom of the tummy and the baby movements are slightly different too. Can feel that the baby is pushing downward as well esp during the day hence more toilet trips. Sometimes can go twice in an hour. But so far, its ok at night tho. Maybe baby is resting and sleeping. There are nights that I dont even have to wake up for toilet breaks.

I feel heavier at the bottom of the tummy and the baby movements are slightly different too. Can feel that the baby is pushing downward as well esp during the day hence more toilet trips. Sometimes can go twice in an hour. But so far, its ok at night tho. Maybe baby is resting and sleeping. There are nights that I dont even have to wake up for toilet breaks.

Even if u lie flat at ur back the movement of bb will be at bottom but not left and right, ?

Even if u lie flat at ur back the movement of bb will be at bottom but not left and right, ?

The butt (I think) will move left and right ah. But just minimal nowadays. Sometimes, when I am lying down, can see my tummy really pointed upwards like a sharp hill. Baby stretching the buttocks I suppose. Hehhe... I love seeing that tho. But sometimes it can be a lil painful whenever the baby does that.

yeahh.... i also feel sometimes when lying on sides, can see my tummy so sharp, then lying flat, see one hill on one side. I guess it is my baby buttocks moving left or right, depends on gravitation where I move. Sometimes also playing with my baby when he is active, poke here and there and see if he give some response back. lols.....

When i was 29 weeks, baby measured 1.8kg, which is supposed to be like 31 weeks weight. My gynae also said it's considered big baby and said may have to induce if baby continues to be so big. Plus she has a big head too! I'm so scared must induce or also what if i can't manage to push baby out cos her head too big and then must emergency c-sect :(.... Waiting for my appt next mon to see how is baby doing and check her weight again. will be 33 weeks.

If really too big, normally will assist with vacuum or forceps.. Of cos also depends on ur pushing, cannot give up! :)
My next appt next week @ 35weeks... So fast! Looking forward to 38weeks.....hehe

My colleague commented dat my bump looks like expanded alot within e past 1-2wks. Probably dat explains the sudden constant aching on my back and legs. My weight haven gone up much at all, barely 1kg over the past mth. Strange dat im feeling so much strain.

Next wk is my chkup and scan at 33wks, hopefully bb is of good weight and everything is well!

@Minn07 Yup there is always e option of assisted delivery first (vacuum or forceps) before c-sect. Dun scare yourself too much!

Why do i feel like nowadays gynaes 动不动就 induce ah? Bb size too big induce… bb head too big induce… hmmm

Thanks ladies. Yea i forgot about the option of assisted delivery. Think too fast and too much i guess... This morning suddenly just realised i am 33 weeks liao and havent packed my hospital bag and havent washed baby clothes and panicked! Like only 5 weeks left to 38 weeks so fast! Have you all packed your hospital bags?

Nope i also have yet to start packing. Still waiting for next appt den decide again if wanna induce...den can estimate my bill (may downgrade if high chance c-sec)..
Actually now 33weeks gd to start preparing, all the hospital admission letter, previous bills, NRIC most impt. The rest can take n throw in bag last min. Haha. Bring light, cos when discharge more stuff to carry....

Thanks ladies. Yea i forgot about the option of assisted delivery. Think too fast and too much i guess... This morning suddenly just realised i am 33 weeks liao and havent packed my hospital bag and havent washed baby clothes and panicked! Like only 5 weeks left to 38 weeks so fast! Have you all packed your hospital bags?

Use the weekend to start washing the clothes. If u still think its too early to put in the wardrobe to sort out, put in ziplock bags first. Dont panic! Relax! Breathe in breathe out!

Hospital bag, start with a bag and just dump what u think u might need. And then... slowly review whats really needed and whats not. Think like u are packing for a holiday. So a lil less stress I feel!

@Minn07 Yup there is always e option of assisted delivery first (vacuum or forceps) before c-sect. Dun scare yourself too much!

Why do i feel like nowadays gynaes 动不动就 induce ah? Bb size too big induce… bb head too big induce… hmmm

Cos they dun wan to do 'extra', like more stitching, complicated risk that bb suddenly stuck halfway den need c-sec, or when assisted delivery cannot use more den 2 times the vacuum cos of risk, den forcep may risk cuts on baby... Like so many reasons, but most important is mummies must know the risk if they choose to induce or even risk delivering a bigger baby for FTM. I think if mummy on the smaller scale have more to worry too...

My gynae hasn't talked about inducing yet.. will have to ask him tomorrow. So the risk of inducing is that it might end up in c-sect?

I suspect baby is heads down, most of the tummy movement are felt at the top of the bump. I will miss the boxings and nudges when she's out.

My gynae hasn't talked about inducing yet.. will have to ask him tomorrow. So the risk of inducing is that it might end up in c-sect?

I suspect baby is heads down, most of the tummy movement are felt at the top of the bump. I will miss the boxings and nudges when she's out.
i will also miss the boxing n nudges when my bb is out too..

Hmmmm.. I dun think I will miss the boxing and nudging in my tummy.. dun really feel comfy... I miss more of the non preggy tummy..

Baby comes out will be payback time.. my turn to nudge n poke her cheeks :D:D:D:p

Hope can recover fast from the saggy tummy n hopefully not too much stretch marks...:cool:

Hmmmm.. I dun think I will miss the boxing and nudging in my tummy.. dun really feel comfy... I miss more of the non preggy tummy..

Baby comes out will be payback time.. my turn to nudge n poke her cheeks :D:D:D:p

Hope can recover fast from the saggy tummy n hopefully not too much stretch marks...:cool:

Am thinking the same thing too! Hahhahhaa.... its payback time! Hahhaha

Ladies just saw uniqlo starting their sale for airism from 27/3 - 1/4. Those wanting to buy the tank top bra do check it out

Yeah, if induce not successful and dun dilate, might cause stress on the baby and end up in emergency c-sect.

I dun tink i'll miss much abt this pregnancy haha! Too busy, too tired, too much puking :/

Same here!! Gg on to 33weeks and have not packed yet...i feel that alot of things not yet prepared...

Lately have been feeling very sleepy all the time..

By the way mummies...is it normal to have like little clear watery discharge with a bit of milky white sometimes...n have been having uncomfortable menses like cramps daily but it usually last for only 5-15min maximum..

Was thinking that it is nothing serious and just waiting for my next appmt on the 7th April..

Same here!! Gg on to 33weeks and have not packed yet...i feel that alot of things not yet prepared...

By the way mummies...is it normal to have like little clear watery discharge with a bit of milky white sometimes...n have been having uncomfortable menses like cramps daily but it usually last for only 5-15min maximum..

Was thinking that it is nothing serious and just waiting for my next appmt on the 7th April..

I aso having discharge, is normal as long no pungent smell (sign of uti or infection), no tinge of blood either pink or brown or red. Yellowish n white is normal from what i asked n readup online....
But cramps i not so sure...depends if whole tummy, back only or the lvl of pain, maybe gd to check it out if the pain is unbearable.....

Got to be abit careful if its only clear watery discharge, esp with cramps involved. Cos worse case could be waterbag leaking. If persists, call up ur gynae to ask?

I hv discharge oso, still yellowish de. I suspect my strep b bacteria haven cleared yet, need to take another swap test a few wks time to cfm.

if your discharge is runny like water, it could be urine or amniotic fluid. Like cynn mentioned, could be waterbag leaking. perhaps give your gynae a call. He can do a swab test to determine if it's amniotic fluid. I've done it before when my undies got damp followed by mild cramps.

Got to be abit careful if its only clear watery discharge, esp with cramps involved. Cos worse case could be waterbag leaking. If persists, call up ur gynae to ask?

I hv discharge oso, still yellowish de. I suspect my strep b bacteria haven cleared yet, need to take another swap test a few wks time to cfm.

Swap test is to test for vagina infection?

Swap test procedure is wat at?

Thanks ladies...i did do some research online about it and am worried it might be amniotic fluid..i think better be safe then sorry...guess i will call up my gynae on monday..hopefully its nothing..

Thanks for the heads up! Which type of airism better? I thot of lace bra camisole? :) or is it sleveless better...
I bought the bra camisole to try n like it as it is very comfortable. My only comment is too hot but some mummies here suggested to wash it couple of times and it will be better :)

Back