(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

my gynae say placenta usually will move up as pregnancy progress... Tel me no need worry. That was during my 14-15weeks..

He say if it doesnt, maybe cannot natural birth..

Maybe u can google on more info on low placenta. Actually many pple wif low placenta also manage to give birth naturally.

Anyone having low placenta problem here? What is your gynae's advice?

other than the results testing for DS and thalaessamia, KKH nurses didn't give me my results for the breasts U/S, and the rest of the U/S of my baby.. I suppose I'm considered a low-risk case so maybe not so bad? *thinking positively* I don't mind being treated as a new case as long as don't ask me to go for tests that I've gone before.

yes yes, I've been considering Mt A for quite a long time cos I heard the services are quite good. I'm quite a fussy person when it comes to customer service. can't rem where but I rem reading someone saying the reno will be ongoing till June. will go explore the hospital when I go for my appt next Thur. maybe can upload a photo or two here next week. :)

is this your #1? are you going for natural birth or c-sect? many people around me said that there's a high chance for first born to be early by two weeks. not sure whether true or not but if it's true, mine will also fall on national day. *high five* I also don't want baby to be born on that day. too many born on that day implies that we may not be able to get the room we want..
Mind to share how they checked for Thalassaemie? Blood test for low red blood cell?

Wow, seems like many mummies have experienced baby movements. I first felt my baby's movement ard 15-16 wks..at 1st was feeling a little paranoia if it was just my own psychological thinking.

Snowdoll, for low lying placenta, my doc advised me not to carry heavy things for the time being during my 1st pregnancy. Subsequently, the placenta slowly moved up, so don't worry too much. =)

Last edited:
Wow, seems like many mummies have experienced baby movements. I first felt my baby's movement ard 15-16 wks..at 1st was feeling a little paranoia if it was just my own psychological thinking.

Snowdoll, for low lying placenta, my doc advised me not to carry heavy things for the time being during my 1st pregnancy. Subsequently, the placenta slowly moved up, so don't worry too much. =)

im a bit blur i only started to distinguish baby movement at 20weeks.. after that its q a lot of frequent wiggling and it tickles my bladder. then wiill feel like going toilet though bladder not v full.. haha

Mind to share how they checked for Thalassaemie? Blood test for low red blood cell?
hi, i have thalassemia which is hereditary. u need to let ur gynae know if u have family history. they will give u a specific blood test to confirm. normal blood test will show some abnormality. after u confirm u have it, ur spouse needs to test for it too because if ur spouse has it, chances of bb being born w genetic problems is multiplied.

Thanks, hopefully all ok :)

Hi mummies,

I know that we shouldn't be attending funerals during this period. But what about attending the memorial sites?

I also not sure but I guess if we ask our parents at home they sure say dun go.

But I read that some mummies on the fb group went to Padang too. So up to individual I guess.

Timmerin, when you take blood for oscar test, they should have tested thalassemia too.
If you are a Singaporean, can go to kk hospital thalassemia dept to do the thalassemia dna test at $15. My gynae at tmc but they refer me to kk to do this test cos cheaper. If they detect thalassemia beta during oscar test, ur gynae most likely will sent u n hubby to do thalassemia dna test to check whether hubby have and whether you have thalassemia alpha and beta.

Timmerin, when you take blood for oscar test, they should have tested thalassemia too.
If you are a Singaporean, can go to kk hospital thalassemia dept to do the thalassemia dna test at $15. My gynae at tmc but they refer me to kk to do this test cos cheaper. If they detect thalassemia beta during oscar test, ur gynae most likely will sent u n hubby to do thalassemia dna test to check whether hubby have and whether you have thalassemia alpha and beta.
sorry I think I addressed to wrong person. Should be QQR instead of Timmerin. this shows my preggy brain.

sorry I think I addressed to wrong person. Should be QQR instead of Timmerin. this shows my preggy brain.
Thanks worry, I did my oscar test, but no abnormality, so i guess is fine. I worry as I just heard from my sis in law that she and my mum in law carry the symptom. My hubby not even aware of it... my goodness, but my bro in law got tested and he's fine. Thanks for the info :)

Thanks worry, I did my oscar test, but no abnormality, so i guess is fine. I worry as I just heard from my sis in law that she and my mum in law carry the symptom. My hubby not even aware of it... my goodness, but my bro in law got tested and he's fine. Thanks for the info :)

No problem, QQR. If u wan to have a peace of mind, just go and check at KK. Only $15 per adult, heavily subsidised by government. The result is for lifetime. When needed, can take out and use. No need test again.

im a bit blur i only started to distinguish baby movement at 20weeks.. after that its q a lot of frequent wiggling and it tickles my bladder. then wiill feel like going toilet though bladder not v full.. haha

Haha, I'm a 2nd time mum. So probably easier for me to distinguish the movements. Yea I've been experiencing the tickling of bladder too, been going to the toilet very often now!

Hi I am expecting and my expected delivery is in Aug 2015. Anyone experience having to keep spitting saliva? I am already 18 weeks and still nauseas. Wonder how long will it last.

Hi I am expecting and my expected delivery is in Aug 2015. Anyone experience having to keep spitting saliva? I am already 18 weeks and still nauseas. Wonder how long will it last.
Every mummy is different. I believe most of us here has less problems with MS now. I still have it every now and then. But compared to 1st trimester, the MS is much more bearable! I have an enormous appetite now. I lost about 4 to 5KG because of MS during 1st trimester. So it's nice to be able to eat. And I am sleepy all the time.

Hello mummies,

Nice to meet everyone here. This is my 2nd baby and my EDD is Aug 15.
I am going to see Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC. I want to join your mummy group in Facebook or Wechat, so any mummy knows how to join the group? Many thx!

Hi...Selling 2 maternity pants @$25 each. Unused. Tag still attached. PM me if you are interested.
upload_2015-4-4_12-11-9-png.510680

Comfy sateen pants. Size-Small. Colour-Graphite. Retail price $82.
upload_2015-4-4_12-12-46-png.510681

The Weekend Linen Pants. Size-small. Colour-Mahagony. Retail price $79.90

Hi...Selling 2 maternity pants @$25 each. Unused. Tag still attached. PM me if you are interested.
upload_2015-4-4_12-11-9-png.510680

Comfy sateen pants. Size-Small. Colour-Graphite. Retail price $82.
upload_2015-4-4_12-12-46-png.510681

The Weekend Linen Pants. Size-small. Colour-Mahagony. Retail price $79.90

Hi Aug Mummies -
i am MTB expecting my 1st one after 3 yrs of hard trying:)...My EDD is 23/08/2015 ..seeing Dr SF loh from TMC.
Hope to exchange more info around ..cheers !:D

Congrats to you! :)
Take good care and lets all enjoy this pregnancy journey together. :)

Hi Aug Mummies -
i am MTB expecting my 1st one after 3 yrs of hard trying:)...My EDD is 23/08/2015 ..seeing Dr SF loh from TMC.
Hope to exchange more info around ..cheers !:D

hi there..

im also expecting my 1st child after 4yrs trying..hehe so happy right! my EDD is 25/8/15.. babygirl for me :)

Alot ppl give birth on national day, scared unable to get the ward that i want :( She is my 1st bb, feel confused with alot things
Hi, I'm expecting my 1st baby girl too EDD 8 Aug 2015. Actually I was hoping she will arrive on National Day. As long as baby healthy is most important so don't feel stress ya:)

Hi, I'm expecting my 1st baby girl too EDD 8 Aug 2015. Actually I was hoping she will arrive on National Day. As long as baby healthy is most important so don't feel stress ya:)
Yaya.. we also pray for a healthy bb too~ my gynae is Dr Esther Ng from Mount A, she is really a caring doctor as I first met her, was accompanied by my fren, she did ask where my hubby was.. that time he was hospitalised... she put a remark on my card to remind everyone to put extra care for me... feel comfortable to meet her everytime :)

Thats very thoughtful of yr gynae. My gynea is from TMC and he makes me feel comfortable by cracking jokes. I remember he kept nagging at me when he 1st scan my baby at 18wks plus I didnt realised I was pregnant then...I missed the whole 1st trimester, what I a blur mummy I am...

Alot ppl give birth on national day, scared unable to get the ward that i want :( She is my 1st bb, feel confused with alot things

Don't worry, sometimes first bb may come earlier or later. :) but i agree that it is hard to get rooms in Mount A. I am also a first time mum n v clueless too. As long as baby is healthy, we will all learn along the way. :) Dr Esther Ng sounds nice.

Thats very thoughtful of yr gynae. My gynea is from TMC and he makes me feel comfortable by cracking jokes. I remember he kept nagging at me when he 1st scan my baby at 18wks plus I didnt realised I was pregnant then...I missed the whole 1st trimester, what I a blur mummy I am...
Lucky you to miss your first trimester! There isn't any escape for me with all that vomiting!! Hahaha!

Hi, think a lot of us are chatting in Facebook so seldom log in here anymore. Pls add Gloria Liu in fb so tat she can add U ladies into our secret group.

Mummies i just need to rant.. Today i was on the train n im 23 weeks preggie btw.. So as i was abt to leave the train i had to walk behind his lady but who knew she decided to bend her body to look at her big kid in the stroller thus her butt hit my bump! N its like i had to squeeze my bump past her.. After coming out from the train i feel so scared for my bb :( i just really pray hard my stomach fats and the waterbag are really cushioning my bb well.. (im quite a paranoid mom) why are some ppl so ignorant of preggies in the train?

Mummies i just need to rant.. Today i was on the train n im 23 weeks preggie btw.. So as i was abt to leave the train i had to walk behind his lady but who knew she decided to bend her body to look at her big kid in the stroller thus her butt hit my bump! N its like i had to squeeze my bump past her.. After coming out from the train i feel so scared for my bb :( i just really pray hard my stomach fats and the waterbag are really cushioning my bb well.. (im quite a paranoid mom) why are some ppl so ignorant of preggies in the train?

Understand how you feel. The worse thing is sometimes the inconsiderate people are mothers themselves who were pregnant before. Feel that some people at the baby fair are also like this. Stopped as and when they want in the middle of nowhere or anyhow roll the stroller even when pregnant women are trying to cross. Try to be careful, ok? And sayang your belly more.
Got once, someone bumped right into me as in whole body crushed onto me as she was rushing and she was a big size girl. I was so worried for my baby. Really hope these people can be less considerate.

Haiz. I went Mummy's Market and ended up arguing with my husband. What to buy and what not to buy. Husband is like everything no need to buy. No need buy cot or this or that since he grow up fine without these stuff. We have a queen bed and hubby like to kick in his sleep. Want the baby to Co sleep with us????

Back