Irregular period (2 weeks) after birth

PartThree

Our baby was born 4 months ago and my wife's period resumed around one and a half months ago.

Strangely she has had three periods during this time. Roughly at 2 week intervals. Now she is going through her third. This is about half the normal time.

I understand it takes a while for the body to stabilize after birth, but should we be concerned and visit a doctor? Or should we wait and see if it lengthens to her normal 28 day interval.

Usually shouldn't be any issue if the first few cycles are a bit too short or too long and irregular, the body is still adjusting to be back to normal. It's all depends on individual. If no excessive bleeding or pain and unwell when having period then shouldn't be any major concern.
As for me, my gynae did advise me about roughly when the 1st period to be come back during my postpartum check, and what to expect.
If before pregnancy her mense is ok one, during pregnancy your wife was not having any problem, and gynae is ok with everything after postpartum check, then don't think there is any urgency to see doc now. If otherwise, of coz it better to check.

There is no unusual discomfort. A bit worried about the blood loss. Anyway will wait and see a bit more.

Thanks all for the replies. It is reassuring.

Her body is still adjusting
She might still haven't recover from giving birth (weak body)

Google on red date drink. N cook for her ... if afraid too heaty then drink a more diluted version..

Ingredients are beiqi,dang sheng, wolf berries,red date n black date if remember correct.

Beiqi helps in recover
While dang sheng for 补
N red date for loss of blood ..

Back