IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

If u ask me, i think u should give IUI another chance. If it's a miss this time, it's still a very near one cos beanie still managed to stick for a while ..

But 31 March is before the start of your next try?

Im thinking that it was a miss cos brown discharge 4days and hcg beta was 12.5 then these 2days dropped to 7plus ... sounded like chemical pregnancy .. implanted but not enuf horm level to support. Im slotted in to see doc nxt tues. I dont expect af to turn up til nxt wk .. and kkh wise got to stop 1cycle .. if I have to queue for ivf in the interim probably can see if kkh allows me to go for 3rd iui while waiting for ivf

See what doc says ba .. Hugs

Meanwhile I'm willing my cramps to go away.. Double whammy all e time, got to deal w e failure plus pain.. Not to mention all e mess. Angry.

Im thinking that it was a miss cos brown discharge 4days and hcg beta was 12.5 then these 2days dropped to 7plus ... sounded like chemical pregnancy .. implanted but not enuf horm level to support. Im slotted in to see doc nxt tues. I dont expect af to turn up til nxt wk .. and kkh wise got to stop 1cycle .. if I have to queue for ivf in the interim probably can see if kkh allows me to go for 3rd iui while waiting for ivf

Hugs!! Kkh will ask u to stop for a cycle, next IvF cycle is June. Unlikely u can have IUI while u waiting for Ivf in June, coz now already mar end so ur next menses will be end apr or early May. Then if u going for Ivf in jun by mid May need to do counseling. Once u done counseling if u cancel ur Ivf ur $500+ paid for the counseling is forfeited. They need u to be confirm bfn then can do counseling. So by mid May unlikely ur BT for the iui May not due for.

So kkh suggest to book Ivf when u start ur iui cycle. That's y I booked my Ivf in jun while I'm still thinking whether shld I proceed for iui or move on to Ivf.

Hugs!! Kkh will ask u to stop for a cycle, next IvF cycle is June. Unlikely u can have IUI while u waiting for Ivf in June, coz now already mar end so ur next menses will be end apr or early May. Then if u going for Ivf in jun by mid May need to do counseling. Once u done counseling if u cancel ur Ivf ur $500+ paid for the counseling is forfeited. They need u to be confirm bfn then can do counseling. So by mid May unlikely ur BT for the iui May not due for.

So kkh suggest to book Ivf when u start ur iui cycle. That's y I booked my Ivf in jun while I'm still thinking whether shld I proceed for iui or move on to Ivf.

Boooooooo
My af reported this afternoon...
Expected cos bbt dropped this morn.. feeling sad but well will stop and resume bk iui soon.. meanwhile jus relax n hope by tryin naturally will bring me gd news..

Big hugs hopeful.. u may wan to try iui again cos at least u bfp but mayb not enuff support...
Listen to ur gynae n see wat he or she advise..

Precious: jiayou for ur ivf in june... hope u bfp with 1 try!!!

Veraine: im 1day later than u.....
Hows ur cramp so far?? Try not to drink cold water...

Any ladies cycling this mth?? Good luck in advance!!

Rainbowbb: now I not sure what to do, coz my dr called me to ask me to do iui 2nd cycle. He said I can respond to the first cycle so can do up till 3 cycle before ivf. For the time being I think I'll try to relax while waiting for next AF to come then decide.

I also give u my well wishes hopefully u can hit before iui cycle comes.

Boooooooo
My af reported this afternoon...
Expected cos bbt dropped this morn.. feeling sad but well will stop and resume bk iui soon.. meanwhile jus relax n hope by tryin naturally will bring me gd news..

Big hugs hopeful.. u may wan to try iui again cos at least u bfp but mayb not enuff support...
Listen to ur gynae n see wat he or she advise..

Precious: jiayou for ur ivf in june... hope u bfp with 1 try!!!

Veraine: im 1day later than u.....
Hows ur cramp so far?? Try not to drink cold water...

Any ladies cycling this mth?? Good luck in advance!!

This cycle like not so good for us hor :(

My cramps are better now compared to this afternoon, but tomorrow is another heavy day so hopefully can get past it without much pain.

Went for massage just now, and then the masseur was telling me my inner thighs have a lot of "toxic" and asked me if I have issues with my reproductive system. Cos apparently they're linked. She advised me to apply heat to lower abdomen everyday, see if it helps or not.

@rainbowbb Hope you're feeling ok physically :)

Rainbowbb: now I not sure what to do, coz my dr called me to ask me to do iui 2nd cycle. He said I can respond to the first cycle so can do up till 3 cycle before ivf. For the time being I think I'll try to relax while waiting for next AF to come then decide.

At least ur doc will call u... i dun think my doc will call.. firstly there was no BT for us to do oso...
Nurse wan to prescribe clomid to me after my iui but i didnt buy but jus took the prescription only..

if ur doc said u responded well to it mayb u can give it a 2nd try but most importantly u n ur hub are okay to hv it for 2nd. Else rest for 1 cycle n resume after that..

Im sure all of us will bfp soon.. it is a matter of time..

We have this platform for us to give each other support..

Lets continue to try and not givin up!!

:)

Yeah, think the docs will always try to take the less invasive method. You have a few more weeks to think about it. :)

Anyway I was talking to hb and suggesting why don't we not go for the trip and instead I go for the 3rd consecutive time. He countered by suggesting I take clomid but no IUI, like what we did earlier with previous gynae. But like not good right, considering that I've taken clomid so many times liao.

At least ur doc will call u... i dun think my doc will call.. firstly there was no BT for us to do oso...
Nurse wan to prescribe clomid to me after my iui but i didnt buy but jus took the prescription only..

if ur doc said u responded well to it mayb u can give it a 2nd try but most importantly u n ur hub are okay to hv it for 2nd. Else rest for 1 cycle n resume after that..

Im sure all of us will bfp soon.. it is a matter of time..

We have this platform for us to give each other support..

Lets continue to try and not givin up!!

:)
Hahaha yes! I think I'll not believe my ears if prof actually calls. LOL.

We have no bt, no supplements ... after IUI we can only pray that af doesn't come and nothing we can do about it

Yeah, think the docs will always try to take the less invasive method. You have a few more weeks to think about it. :)

Anyway I was talking to hb and suggesting why don't we not go for the trip and instead I go for the 3rd consecutive time. He countered by suggesting I take clomid but no IUI, like what we did earlier with previous gynae. But like not good right, considering that I've taken clomid so many times liao.

Try not to take clomid for too long.. Coz it will thin our lining. I remembered initially my lining was always very gd, but after I took for 7-8cycles of clomid when I did iui my lining was quite slow growing. At day 22 only 9.5mm

Can consider have a break or ask ur dr can change med like Letrozle which won't thin our lining or any other med to replace?

Try not to take clomid for too long.. Coz it will thin our lining. I remembered initially my lining was always very gd, but after I took for 7-8cycles of clomid when I did iui my lining was quite slow growing. At day 22 only 9.5mm

Can consider have a break or ask ur dr can change med like Letrozle which won't thin our lining or any other med to replace?
Don't know leh. My lining still quite ok after so many rounds ... on 100 mg the last cycle and Day 12 was 9mm. Doc said continue with clomid and never gave any other options. I asked if there're any supplements for me to take he said no.

Clomid will thin lining if taken continuously. Technically after 3 or even 4 IUI your dr should propose other treatment. I wasted one yr doing iui with a normal gynae. If U want to deal with infertility Pls go to fertility expert n not just normal gynae. I also encourage to move on to IVF. It is not as invasive as what U think. IVF success depends very much on age. The longer U drag the sucess will drop even further. Just want to send this msg across not to keep waiting because I regret starting ivf so late when time is not at my side.
There are many reason why iui didn't work. Besides the sperm not power enough to swim to the egg, you won't know if your egg shell is hard and it cannot penetrate through. Only through ivf then U can know if there is problem with your egg quality. If egg shell hard embryologist can do ICSI and assisted hatching to help.
Give it some thoughts.

Clomid will thin lining if taken continuously. Technically after 3 or even 4 IUI your dr should propose other treatment. I wasted one yr doing iui with a normal gynae. If U want to deal with infertility Pls go to fertility expert n not just normal gynae. I also encourage to move on to IVF. It is not as invasive as what U think. IVF success depends very much on age. The longer U drag the sucess will drop even further. Just want to send this msg across not to keep waiting because I regret starting ivf so late when time is not at my side.
There are many reason why iui didn't work. Besides the sperm not power enough to swim to the egg, you won't know if your egg shell is hard and it cannot penetrate through. Only through ivf then U can know if there is problem with your egg quality. If egg shell hard embryologist can do ICSI and assisted hatching to help.
Give it some thoughts.
@Jumbo girl Thanks for advice. :) Yeah, I was with a pte gynae for a year before switching over to NUH. Ended up in hospital partially cos there was insufficient monitoring when I was on injections.

I asked for ivf but docs at NUH want me to go on iui and see for themselves my response first, and I'm 32 this year. After failing the first iui with them I asked for ivf again doc said no cos I responded to clomid alone. After second iui I asked again, doc said no again cos I responded with 3 follicles on clomid alone.

@PreciousBeanie Think I'll take a break ba ... resume May/June, depending on timing. Got chance my period won't come properly and got to be delayed also.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone here currently doing SO-IUI treatment with KKH? I would like to ask if I'm able to use my Medisave for this treatment?

Hi Ladies,

Anyone here currently doing SO-IUI treatment with KKH? I would like to ask if I'm able to use my Medisave for this treatment?

Hi I'm with Kkh doing so-iui.Yes u can use medisave for it but it will affect the AMt u can use for ur ivf in future if need to. But I did used medisave for my 1st cycle.

Hi Ladies,

Yeah like what Precious Beanie mentioned, can use but I choose not to use for all the treatments so far just in case I need to go for ivf. Pessimistic la, but now less than $1000 I can still afford cash. Ivf is of the next magnitude liao.

Hi Ladies.... any advice for pre so-iui do and dont do list and after so-iui do and dont do list...
Pre:
- I gathered that we should take in more proteins, so eggs are good.
- Exercise!
- If yours is a private gynae, ask for more scans. Don't be dumb dumb like me and happily inject and turn out i over responded and end up in hospital later on. My gynae then only did one scan on d9. I was admitted a week later.

- Docs would say just carry on normal activities.. But I cut down on my physical activities.
- Gathered from ladies here to take more red bean soup to increase lining.

Hi Veraine,

Thank you so much for sharing.. :).

Why admitted to hospital ? What happen ?

Can I take red date long guan drink instead of red bean soup?

Hi Veraine,

Thank you so much for sharing.. :).

Why admitted to hospital ? What happen ?

Can I take red date long guan drink instead of red bean soup?
Think the other ladies might have other things to share hehe, wait for them :)

I had my injections fr d5-9, when e scan was done on d9, I had 8 follicles which were maturing at abt 15mm. So it was aborted then was told no other scans needed. But I ended up having one of e follicles rupturing and the bleeding didn't stop. So ended up with a bad case of internal hemorrhage, abt one litre of blood.

My surgeon and my current doc said that it's an unfortunate incident because it could happen to anyone at any time. But the gynae at a&e and the one I saw at that time said that it could be due to too much fluid being built up in the follicle from the injections which resulted in it.

Monitoring very important!!!

Last edited:
Help.. I m 14dpiui and bfn using the guardian stick. Feeling sick also down with flu cough n fever and didn't self medicate. Vomited my dinner out too. AF not in sight and boobies still sore..what could be it..

Help.. I m 14dpiui and bfn using the guardian stick. Feeling sick also down with flu cough n fever and didn't self medicate. Vomited my dinner out too. AF not in sight and boobies still sore..what could be it..

Don't stress, jus relax. Might still be bfp. Think positive. Rest more & drink more water. When is ur bt?

Don't stress, jus relax. Might still be bfp. Think positive. Rest more & drink more water. When is ur bt?

I was scheduled to go see nuh prof on 1 April for bt, but just strange how come mine is 3ww instead of 2ww.. After perspiring and vomiting I m much better, likely due to the stress and flu I got sick :(

I was scheduled to go see nuh prof on 1 April for bt, but just strange how come mine is 3ww instead of 2ww.. After perspiring and vomiting I m much better, likely due to the stress and flu I got sick :(

I think different hospital got different protocol. Kkh do bt on day 19. Mayb they also don't wan to waste our money if test too early. Coz the level won't b very high, then need to repeat again. So might as well test later, so by then will b 5-6weeks preg ma.

Just went for 3rd blood test ..2nd blood test 7.4 nv below 5 need redo test ensure not ectopic pregnancy. I decided to queue for ivf ..den go jb do iui ... made weong choice.should have started queuing for ivf first. Didnt know it was so hard to get preggy even on iui :( once put on ivf councselling need to pay 500 by cash or can use medisave? if iui can succeed I dont mind paying 500 and forfeited compared to paying alot more on ivf

Hope ur feeling better today :)

How come need to see prof on 1 Apr?

Just went for 3rd blood test ..2nd blood test 7.4 nv below 5 need redo test ensure not ectopic pregnancy. I decided to queue for ivf ..den go jb do iui ... made weong choice.should have started queuing for ivf first. Didnt know it was so hard to get preggy even on iui :( once put on ivf councselling need to pay 500 by cash or can use medisave? if iui can succeed I dont mind paying 500 and forfeited compared to paying alot more on ivf
All the best for bt results :)

Ya, so hard to get preggy. But we will keep trying and trying..

Hope ur feeling better today :)

How come need to see prof on 1 Apr?

Thanks am indeed better!

Oh it's for the blood test, they fixed this date on the day after iui. Is this the norm for all of you? Cos mine become 3ww. Not sure if it's because my ovulation was on cd22, and usually mind is 35d cycle..

Thanks am indeed better!

Oh it's for the blood test, they fixed this date on the day after iui. Is this the norm for all of you? Cos mine become 3ww. Not sure if it's because my ovulation was on cd22, and usually mind is 35d cycle..
No leh ... think the norm is don't need to go back for bt ... heh, but I might be wrong. I was told to just POAS if period is late.

But got appointment then go! Haha ... all the best k :)

No leh ... think the norm is don't need to go back for bt ... heh, but I might be wrong. I was told to just POAS if period is late.

But got appointment then go! Haha ... all the best k :)
Oh think I remembered liow, the nurse say if this fail straight ivf dun need iui. What is POAS?

When u going for 3rd bld test? Don't over stress k.. Relax. Talk to ur beanie..

Btw why go jb for iui? Won't be troublesome to go in out frequently for scan?

I'm not too sure the $500 for counseling is pay via cash or medisave.

Think the other ladies might have other things to share hehe, wait for them :)

I had my injections fr d5-9, when e scan was done on d9, I had 8 follicles which were maturing at abt 15mm. So it was aborted then was told no other scans needed. But I ended up having one of e follicles rupturing and the bleeding didn't stop. So ended up with a bad case of internal hemorrhage, abt one litre of blood.

My surgeon and my current doc said that it's an unfortunate incident because it could happen to anyone at any time. But the gynae at a&e and the one I saw at that time said that it could be due to too much fluid being built up in the follicle from the injections which resulted in it.

Monitoring very important!!!
Hi Veraine,

Thank You for sharing so much info... I nvr know will get so much complication.

Thank God everything is over n u are well already! :)

Hi Veraine,

Thank You for sharing so much info... I nvr know will get so much complication.

Thank God everything is over n u are well already! :)
Yup :) And we're all here to share la heh ... and more importantly motivate one another on

Are you doing IUI this cycle?

3rd blood test .. no ectopic pregnancy and not pregnant ..officially failed 2nd cycle .. hmm cos I think I need to go to ivf route .. seeing that I didnt succeed after trying 2cycles of iui .. ivf got to queue 3months under kkh. And I already used gov funding for 2cycles of iui. Im saving 3rd gov funding for ivf so while waiting for ivf think I will go jb do iui .. if strike then good la if not I will go onto ivf. My af is so heavy this cycle. Nuch worse than 1st iui cycle. Im usually a light bleeder of af. I asked the nurse and she said iui fail doc wont be able to tell whats wrong. Ivf can tell cos can see quality of egg and spermies. Only thing they cant tell is
chromosomes defects .. and I agree with jumbogirl .. im 32 this yr and I hope not to delay cos the older the harder to get preggo..

Last edited:
3rd blood test .. no ectopic pregnancy and not pregnant ..officially failed 2nd cycle .. hmm cos I think I need to go to ivf route .. seeing that I didnt succeed after trying 2cycles of iui .. ivf got to queue 3months under kkh. And I already used gov funding for 2cycles of iui. Im saving 3rd gov funding for ivf so while waiting for ivf think I will go jb do iui .. if strike then good la if not I will go onto ivf. My af is so heavy this cycle. Nuch worse than 1st iui cycle. Im usually a light bleeder of af. I asked the nurse and she said iui fail doc wont be able to tell whats wrong. Ivf can tell cos can see quality of egg and spermies. Only thing they cant tell is
chromosomes defects .. and I agree with jumbogirl .. im 32 this yr and I hope not to delay cos the older the harder to get preggo..
Hope your af is not giving you too much issues already. Use heat pack and curl up if the cramps get unbearable.

Just realised I'm same age as you heh, 1983?

Our time will come soon :)

Hugs!! No matter what decision U made, Jia you!! U r not alone.. We r all here to support & be w each other!!

Hello Im new here. I am 9dpiui and this is my 1st cycle. No signs of pregnancy at all I think this is a failed cycle.
Anyone of you succeeded with IUI where husband is diagnosed with low motality and morphology? only 2% of his sperm is healthy and useable. Really not sure if we should continue iui if failed though our doc still recommend us to. I have complications too like polycystic ovaries and a 3.8cm fibroid and thin endometrium.
Wish to hear some advice
Hey babe, my hub also has low motility and morphology. I tried IUI in Dec and failed. To be honest I feel IUI is not good for sperm problem. Sorry to be a damper but to me if the sperm cannot swim and has poor shape, BFP is really hard. Of course, it could be different for U and I hope u will strike!

Hello Im new here. I am 9dpiui and this is my 1st cycle. No signs of pregnancy at all I think this is a failed cycle.
Anyone of you succeeded with IUI where husband is diagnosed with low motality and morphology? only 2% of his sperm is healthy and useable. Really not sure if we should continue iui if failed though our doc still recommend us to. I have complications too like polycystic ovaries and a 3.8cm fibroid and thin endometrium.
Wish to hear some advice
No signs may not mean no bfp :) hang in there for another week

Try discussing with your doc again as to why he wants you to do IUI again given all the conditions?

18dpiui still no AF. Still on progestorone gel and boobies are less sore.. Last hpt was negative on 14dpiui, 2 more days to visit doc. Really don't dare to test anymore.. Anyone experience so late like mine? Sounds like an April fool joke for me..

18dpiui still no AF. Still on progestorone gel and boobies are less sore.. Last hpt was negative on 14dpiui, 2 more days to visit doc. Really don't dare to test anymore.. Anyone experience so late like mine? Sounds like an April fool joke for me..
Maybe it's April fool's day good news leh? :)

Veriane ..1984 ..1yr younger.
I just seen kkh gynae ... he confirmed it was a chemical pregnancy. Haihz ..in short it was a early mc ..fertilized implanted body not producing enough horm to support .. he said fair enough to move onto ivf. Ivf queue is in june. Im going to do iui with another clinic nxt cycle ... if it fails then I will move onto ivf. I have high chance of ohss cos of high egg reserves. Haihz. 1st iui daily dose of 50iu purgeon and I was almost dying from the bloating and gastric pain.am to be put onto 150iu purgeon on a daily dose ...really dont wish to go onto ivf cos is so scary ..even the thoughts of it

Back