(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

any of ur babies cry like its end of the world when they want milk?
scream & wail kind?

Yes mine... Cry until super Ke Lian. So now I alway prepare before hand, can't estimate the exact time but then I will always have a bottle of bm ready...

My bb also had some heat rash at her neck area..got some cream from the pd and it cleared in abt 2 days. Suggest u see pd before it worsens.. pd said neck area always can get rashes easily cos bb fat and got no neck..We might not clean that area often enough..plus if bb sweat alot will aggravate the rashes..

Can I know what cream your pd gave? Is it corticosteroid cream?

any of ur babies cry like its end of the world when they want milk?
scream & wail kind?
Mine does.. when I ignore him... coz I know he can't finish n not very hungry yet.. so I drag his time. Else he will wan to drink every hr..

Some times cry until tears all out.. n mumbling (complain I guess )

Any mummies at west or Bt Panjang need fbm? I have about 20 over packs dated February for bless. Please text me at 97472522 if keens

My girl aft hep b jab also cranky. 3rd mth jab I can't imagine. How to know they got reflux? Take care mummy
She cries whenever fed cos she prob associates milk with the pain or discomfort caused by the acid that is thrown up alongside the milk when she regurgitates. Ruled out all other stuff..and the med seems to help so shd be reflux.

Y ur hub go work so early? U n him diff working hr?
I took 3 months only. Taking the 4th month later when baby doesn't sleep so much and I can spend time with her play with her. My husband don't like traffic jam so he goes to work early and we have our breakfast there.

mine is on full bm, but my mum insist on giving water :(

Have been giving water to my boy after 1st mth .. arnd 5-10ml a day.. if i see his urine very yellow, i will give more.. im supplementing with fm.. half bm half fm per day.. so idk lah.. maybe urine yellow cuz of fm?

I think to determine whether bb is well hydrated, first is whether he is producing enough wet diapers; secondly, the colour of his urine.

I rmb that time i ask the same qns, got one mommy said to intro water bit by bit.. orelse when they grew older they wouldn't like to drink water cuz its tasteless..

Talking to the great eastern agent now. He's promoting their new education plan which launch last year. Min $150 per mth. 18yrs plan. Anybody taking?

Talking to the great eastern agent now. He's promoting their new education plan which launch last year. Min $150 per mth. 18yrs plan. Anybody taking?

Is it the 18 yr Flexi Endowment 10? i bought that. i chose the pay 10 yrs keep 18 yrs old. i also bought the Family3 (10 yr pay) - Series 3.

Have been giving water to my boy after 1st mth .. arnd 5-10ml a day.. if i see his urine very yellow, i will give more.. im supplementing with fm.. half bm half fm per day.. so idk lah.. maybe urine yellow cuz of fm?

I think to determine whether bb is well hydrated, first is whether he is producing enough wet diapers; secondly, the colour of his urine.

I rmb that time i ask the same qns, got one mommy said to intro water bit by bit.. orelse when they grew older they wouldn't like to drink water cuz its tasteless..
i think my mum will feed her up to 50 ml per day. not sure if the amt is too much. haha. ya she also say later bb dun like to drink water. den my auntie uncle all also keep asking me to give water..

Hi Mummies,
Congrats to your little bundle of joy. Hope u are coping well. Am a silent reader here, only occasionally pop by...
Is anyone with Dr Tan Heng Hao at KKH throughout delivery? Can share your experience with him? Thanks so much in advance!

anyone on ebm feeding your lo water already?
Har I die die don't allow my mum to give water leh
Why no water leh?
I read somewhere that no/little water should be given to child until they reach 6mths..

http://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-drink-water_1368488.bc
I am giving my bb water, but using syringe, each time only 2-3ml. Not more than that.

Actually I was against giving water too, but it was my PD who actually ask me to give water, esp if bb is very sweaty kind (like mine). She said that the studies which says we shouldn't give water should be taken in context, as the studies was done in NY, where the weather is dry and temperate. In SG, it is very humid and hot, it's okay to give a bit of water to prevent bb from getting dehydrated.

As long as you don't give too much, it's okay to give water, according to my PD.

Have this occured to any mommies here?

My boy was 9weeks old last week and throughout the week, he had been sleeping alot. Like super guai.. coax/carry abit (10-15mins).. fell asleep right after feeding.. no need to burp he will fart while he sleeps.. awake about 2-3hrs on ave.. and only cry for milk. Not cranky or anything.. it was the best week of my life.

And hell starts today! Since 11pm last night till 430pm just now, he dont sleep at all. And must carry/walk around/coax him.. and he never sleep deep.. the moment i tried to lay him down.. he stared at me liao. dont carry him, he cry the roof down. Omg. Its like endless. I have been up for more than 24hrs.. and becuz he wants carry all the time, i cant even pump my milk properly. 10mins each side chop chop, nvr empty also bobian. My boobs like damn sore now..no lumps yet (fingers crossed) but got feeling liao.

This scenario had happened before during 5 & 6 weeks old.. im thinkin is growth spurt. But isn't growth spurt in multiples of 3. I was kinda prepared for hell week last week.. since its week 9. End up it turns out fine and I sort of misused the extra time i had.. didnt catch enough rest at all. Hais..

Last edited:
Have this occured to any mommies here?

My boy was 9weeks old last week and throughout the week, he had been sleeping alot. Like super guai.. coax/carry abit (10-15mins).. fell asleep right after feeding.. no need to burp he will fart while he sleeps.. awake about 2-3hrs on ave.. and only cry for milk. Not cranky or anything.. it was the best week of my life.

And hell starts today! Since 11pm last night till 430pm just now, he dont sleep at all. And must carry/walk around/coax him.. and he never sleep deep.. the moment i tried to lay him down.. he stared at me liao. dont carry him, he cry the roof down. Omg. Its like endless. I have been up for more than 24hrs.. and becuz he wants carry all the time, i cant even pump my milk properly. 10mins each side chop chop, nvr empty also bobian. My boobs like damn sore now..no lumps yet (fingers crossed) but got feeling liao.
This happened to me ytd too!! From 10pm till nw nv slp much. Almost every hr wake up n wail. Must carry him to slp summore. Once i put him dwn only his eyes will open.
Moreover he hasn't been drinking much. Dunno wad is wrong, driving me crazy.

This happened to me ytd too!! From 10pm till nw nv slp much. Almost every hr wake up n wail. Must carry him to slp summore. Once i put him dwn only his eyes will open.
Moreover he hasn't been drinking much. Dunno wad is wrong, driving me crazy.

Hasnt been drinking much? How much he drinking nowadays? Cuz if bb cry and nvr sleep well, they tends to eat more leii

Hasnt been drinking much? How much he drinking nowadays? Cuz if bb cry and nvr sleep well, they tends to eat more leii
He usually takes abt 90-120ml per feed. Bt today less than 60ml each feed. V worrying. Me n hub think the reason he cant slp well is prob bcuz he gt difficulty breathing. We keep hearing grunting n snorting from him. Pd say normal for babies since they gt small windpipes.
Really dunno if he's feeling uncomfortable elsewhere also anot or isit just a passing phase. Sigh

He usually takes abt 90-120ml per feed. Bt today less than 60ml each feed. V worrying. Me n hub think the reason he cant slp well is prob bcuz he gt difficulty breathing. We keep hearing grunting n snorting from him. Pd say normal for babies since they gt small windpipes.
Really dunno if he's feeling uncomfortable elsewhere also anot or isit just a passing phase. Sigh

Oh no.. 60 is really little.. maybe try feeding bb frequently?

My boy also.. sometimes he snore.. even after i clean his nose, he still have that mucus-got-stuck in windpipe sound. I think ts normal ba.. dont think thats the problem.

Oh no.. 60 is really little.. maybe try feeding bb frequently?

My boy also.. sometimes he snore.. even after i clean his nose, he still have that mucus-got-stuck in windpipe sound. I think ts normal ba.. dont think thats the problem.
my girl also.. pd said sensitive nose.. and the mucus downflow to her throat.. den now got phlegm.. always choke while drinking milk or even her own saliva.. :(

Try clear his nose with a nose pump. It happened to my bb also. Asked pd she also says it's normal especially in aircon room.

So we juz try to clear what we can to help.him breathe better. N thus he can drink his milk

When his nose is block he can't drink much only around 40-60ml n very pek cek when drinking. Makes alot noise n cry..coz frustrated...

After clearing he can drink his normal amt of 60-120ml

This is the only bb that I encountered this problem. My first 2 kids dun have this problem. Haizz every child pattern different

Try clear his nose with a nose pump. It happened to my bb also. Asked pd she also says it's normal especially in aircon room.

So we juz try to clear what we can to help.him breathe better. N thus he can drink his milk

When his nose is block he can't drink much only around 40-60ml n very pek cek when drinking. Makes alot noise n cry..coz frustrated...

After clearing he can drink his normal amt of 60-120ml

This is the only bb that I encountered this problem. My first 2 kids dun have this problem. Haizz every child pattern different

Ya when baby nose block they don't drink well. My PD say if nose block until very jialat, they can't even drink or will resist to drink. My girl nose stuck very frequently and while she sleep got a lot noises and breathing sounds very bad. Brought her to PD and I am using this spray from the PD to clear the her nose.
ImageUploadedByForum1427721870.086597.jpg

Ya when baby nose block they don't drink well. My PD say if nose block until very jialat, they can't even drink or will resist to drink. My girl nose stuck very frequently and while she sleep got a lot noises and breathing sounds very bad. Brought her to PD and I am using this spray from the PD to clear the her nose. View attachment 508694
Does it works? My pd gave us saline drops but the breathing still sounded quite bad.

Today brought my 11 weeks old girl to baby spa. This is the 1st time she went out apart from visiting pd. Scares the hell out of her! She cry the moment she heard strangers talking. The staff took 15mins to calm her down. After swimming for 30mins, my mum want to go ntuc buy groceries. It was very noisy and my girl can't stop crying. Aiyo, my heart want to break liao. Quickly find a toilet to bf her to calm her down. As she's crying very loud, I don't have a chance to find Nursing room. Everybody is looking at us. Finally she fell asleep. Must be very tired after crying for so long. Poor gal. Shouldn't hv bring her out at such a young age.

Back