Hi,

I just join this group.
Nickname: xinmum
EDD: 2 Oct
Child No.: 2
Gynae: Dr. Adrain Woodworth
Hospital: Thomson
Residence: Choa Chu Kang

Hi xinmum, I am current under the same gynea as u. May I know how is he like. So far I only seen him once. Was thinking whether to sign up the package with him or not. Any advice? TIa

I'm from the subsidised clinic... not private women's clinic.
Clinic G. Currently, all my checkups are scheduled in April and June but it just states "Medical Officer", means it's probably going to be a different doctor each time.
Will call the hotline tomorrow to ask! Thanks for your help!

---

How do you girls cope with MS?
After recovering from food poisoning 3 days ago, it seems that my MS has become more serious. Sometimes I vomit even after drinking plain water...

If u are under the subsidised clinic then u dont get to choose yr gynae.
Whoever is the gynae on that day will attend to u..
if u want a specific gynae have to go to the private Women's clinic...
It's the same for all other subsidised clinics....

I like her alot. Very friendly and will answer all yr qns patiently.
Very generous with MC too. HAHA!
Yes, she is considered a senior consultant there....

Hahah.. That is good :) but is her stitching good? Is this your first pregnancy or u have been delivered by her b4? My first one was an emergency c-sect, but stitching not done so well.
As for mc, that is good .. Hahah.. But I only have 14 days mc per year.. Used up 5 days liao cos b4 Preggy I lost my voice , bad cough , flu and fever for a few days .. Then took mc cos went to remove polyps.. Left with 9 days for the rest of the year.. Sometimes really feel so unwell becos of the pregnancy symptoms but endure and still go to work .. Really not easy.

Hahah.. That is good :) but is her stitching good? Is this your first pregnancy or u have been delivered by her b4? My first one was an emergency c-sect, but stitching not done so well.
As for mc, that is good .. Hahah.. But I only have 14 days mc per year.. Used up 5 days liao cos b4 Preggy I lost my voice , bad cough , flu and fever for a few days .. Then took mc cos went to remove polyps.. Left with 9 days for the rest of the year.. Sometimes really feel so unwell becos of the pregnancy symptoms but endure and still go to work .. Really not easy.

This is my 2nd pregnancy but 1st time with her.... So can't comment on the stitching...

Hi pls add me to Facebook grp pls. [email protected]

3rd time mom, Edd 9th October ( base on recent ultrasound at 11w 4d). I did not note my first day of menses and can't calculate my Edd as I just delivered in oct last year for my #2. :)

Nice to meet all mummies here

I heard she is very nice :) can I check, did she prescribe fish oil for u in first trimester?

No she didnt... she didnt prescribed me Obimin too... say she will give me after my next appt at 14wk.... but fish oil from NUH is more ex so usually I got it at pharmarcy.....

Hi pls add me to Facebook grp pls. [email protected]

3rd time mom, Edd 9th October ( base on recent ultrasound at 11w 4d). I did not note my first day of menses and can't calculate my Edd as I just delivered in oct last year for my #2. :)

Nice to meet all mummies here

Hi & Welcome!
I have added u to the FB grp.
Pls check ur email notification ya.

I can feel the baby's movement! Something like soft flutters. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Anybody experiencing this already?

I thought it shld be gas now? I also got feel something "moving" but assume it's just gas....
Movement only after 4th mth right?

I am not sure of the Panorama. I think Harmony just check the T13, 18, 21 and give you the gender. Panorama might test a few more stuff. My hubby didn't get to go through swaps or what so far. The only thing the gynae asked was his blood test results from previous body checks to make sure he have no issues.

my wife just did the Harmony test at KKH this morning as her blood test shows high risk for Down's. i think it's due to her age (36). it checks for all and not just 13, 18 and 21. yes gender too and also other stuff. the counselor ask if we want to know everything. pte so it cost us $1070 to do the test and takes 2 weeks to know the results as it's sent overseas for analysis. the physical scan was ok though, everything about the baby is normal.

my sis-in-law is a doc and she said there are a number of false positives for the normal blood test for Down's and ask us not to worry.

if harmony comes back positive then we might go further for amnio test but let's see ba... now my wife keep worrying about it...

my wife just did the Harmony test at KKH this morning as her blood test shows high risk for Down's. i think it's due to her age (36). it checks for all and not just 13, 18 and 21. yes gender too and also other stuff. the counselor ask if we want to know everything. pte so it cost us $1070 to do the test and takes 2 weeks to know the results as it's sent overseas for analysis. the physical scan was ok though, everything about the baby is normal.

my sis-in-law is a doc and she said there are a number of false positives for the normal blood test for Down's and ask us not to worry.

if harmony comes back positive then we might go further for amnio test but let's see ba... now my wife keep worrying about it...
I also going gg to do harmony test at KKH today. Also worry as I am 42. What is the advice from kkh as harmony is around 99% accurate. How many weeks when she did harmony?

Hi, - would like to join the fb group - [email protected]
This is my first pregnancy, conceived naturally after ttc-ing and seeking help for 5+years.. ;)
Am at almost 9 weeks, EDD - 30th Oct 15
Still deciding between seeing A/P John Tee at KKH or Dr Ben Tham at TMC..

Nice to meet you all... :)

Hi everyone... I'm a 2nd time mom with edd on 30/10. In my 8 weeks now and MS is becoming worse, also having backaches and neck pain. This time round, seems like the pregnancy is more difficult.

I hope I won't bore you with my grouses but I realy needed an outlet to speak my mind.

I'm also working and recently just declared my condition to the boss. I have been on light duty since a month ago (due to the risk of my job) however work still came piling (my boss didn't know my condition then since I haven't cfm with a gynae). So yesterday after declaring to my boss with confirmation from gynae, I re-negotiated my workload. But he told me that everyone is having the same workload, everyone will also have pregnant wives and young kids to look after at home. He also said that he can choose not to assign any work to me but in the end my performance grading will be lower than the rest who are doing more.

Honestly I was very frustrated and stressed out with what he said. I didn't request for zero assignments, only wanted a more equal work distribution and perhaps assignments with less intense deadlines since I have been feeling sick. By now after what he said, I sort of feel compelled to perform the same as my other colleagues.

I have been trying to research if there is any definition for discrimination in Singapore but not much materials. I'm also not covered under the EA so I guess there's not much recourse I have... Just have to keep working to satisfy the requirement.

Thanks for having the patience to read... :)
I can understand the kind of situation you're going thru now, cos my workplace ain't any better too, though it's a school. Anyway, I'm supposed to take care of the lab itself and all i can have help from is a part-time attendant, who may not be around all the time, and also i cannot delegate duties when it comes to chemical preparation. And chemical preparation can be in relatively high volumes, sometimes up to 100L. My boss is somemore "afraid" that i overuse my power and assign the attendant too much duties that she emphasized to me that our job nature is more physical and told the attendant not to be "bullied" by me. When i heard this, i was really speechless.

I know that i'm pregnant, but that doesn't mean that i cannot work. It's just that i need to take extra care for this critical point of time and hope that they can be a bit more understanding.

Hi, - would like to join the fb group - [email protected]
This is my first pregnancy, conceived naturally after ttc-ing and seeking help for 5+years.. ;)
Am at almost 9 weeks, EDD - 30th Oct 15
Still deciding between seeing A/P John Tee at KKH or Dr Ben Tham at TMC..

Nice to meet you all... :)
Hi,
I have added u to the FB grp.
Pls check ur email notification ya.

Hi tupapa, the normal blood test that you are referring to, is it the OSCAR?

I can understand the kind of situation you're going thru now, cos my workplace ain't any better too, though it's a school. Anyway, I'm supposed to take care of the lab itself and all i can have help from is a part-time attendant, who may not be around all the time, and also i cannot delegate duties when it comes to chemical preparation. And chemical preparation can be in relatively high volumes, sometimes up to 100L. My boss is somemore "afraid" that i overuse my power and assign the attendant too much duties that she emphasized to me that our job nature is more physical and told the attendant not to be "bullied" by me. When i heard this, i was really speechless.

I know that i'm pregnant, but that doesn't mean that i cannot work. It's just that i need to take extra care for this critical point of time and hope that they can be a bit more understanding.

You will have to be careful when dealing with chemicals since you are now pregnant. Gotta be well ventilated. It appears to me that over here, it's more dependent on the mothers-to-be to do their self assessment on the job's risks while being pregnant. I don't think there is some sort of guidelines to educate employers & employees alike. Just like how subjective "light duty"can mean across industries or different people's perspectives.

We still have a long way to go in terms of protecting mothers-to-be in the workplace.

I heard of many false alarms for preggy mommy above 35 when they do Oscar cos the ratio is affected by the age of mom. That is why many pp also advised me to go straight to harmony or panorama test cos I'm
37. My first pregnancy was when I was 29. Ratio from Oscar was very good 1:20 000. I believe due to my age too. But now that I'm 37, I'm
Scared of false alarm that gives me unnecessary stress. So I rather pay more to do the harmony or panorama test . Mine will be done in mid-April. Praying hard all will be well.

Hi Tupapa,

Does that means that you went for the Oscar test first?
I went straight for Harmony test last week and is waiting for the results (praying very hard that things will be ok).
But my friend suggested that it is impt to do NT scan..now i am wondering how to do the NT scan since i went straight for the Harmony.
Read alot about false positives on Oscar test ,i pray that your wife will clear the Harmony test.
I guess all mommies will worry whenever we have to take a test and the waiting time always seems so long.

Hi everyone, first time joining this group. I'm 3rd time mummy, realized I got lucky 1 month ago with #3
Edd is 31 oct.
Can I join the FB group too?

Recently, I find that I cannot concentrate at work, get distracted easily, either my MS or simply no mood. Not sure is it due to pregnancy hormones making me feel like this. Anyone also facing similar problem?

Hi Tupapa,

Does that means that you went for the Oscar test first?
I went straight for Harmony test last week and is waiting for the results (praying very hard that things will be ok).
But my friend suggested that it is impt to do NT scan..now i am wondering how to do the NT scan since i went straight for the Harmony.
Read alot about false positives on Oscar test ,i pray that your wife will clear the Harmony test.
I guess all mommies will worry whenever we have to take a test and the waiting time always seems so long.

I did NT scan + harmony cos I din feel assured just with a blood test and then have to wait till Week20 for the detailed scan. I did it at TMC , so it was called a NT + Harmony test. Basically, they only do the ultrasound portion of Oscar (where they measure the neck fluid, check the nasal bone, and other features like spine, hands, legs etc) then you can proceed to draw the blood at your gynae clinic for the harmony. My ratio was adjusted to 1:1600 from 1:257 (for age 35) after the NT scan. Need to wait another 10 days for Harmony test results.

You will have to be careful when dealing with chemicals since you are now pregnant. Gotta be well ventilated. It appears to me that over here, it's more dependent on the mothers-to-be to do their self assessment on the job's risks while being pregnant. I don't think there is some sort of guidelines to educate employers & employees alike. Just like how subjective "light duty"can mean across industries or different people's perspectives.

We still have a long way to go in terms of protecting mothers-to-be in the workplace.
I also work with chemicals in the lab.. Right now I'm not allowed to use chemicals anymore... Do u use a fume hood when mixing them.. Maybe full blast ur hood n wear a mask...

I did NT scan + harmony cos I din feel assured just with a blood test and then have to wait till Week20 for the detailed scan. I did it at TMC , so it was called a NT + Harmony test. Basically, they only do the ultrasound portion of Oscar (where they measure the neck fluid, check the nasal bone, and other features like spine, hands, legs etc) then you can proceed to draw the blood at your gynae clinic for the harmony. My ratio was adjusted to 1:1600 from 1:257 (for age 35) after the NT scan. Need to wait another 10 days for Harmony test results.
How much did u pay for harmony test + NT scan ?

TMC charge 1.6K for NT + harmony (after GST), maybe it is my gynae's clinic price too (not too sure)
I'm gg to do panorama test (similar to harmony test) at my gyne's clinic in mid April . $1.5k . Maybe i should ask for an NT scan too. But NT scan can only be done from which week onwards?

Hello mummies! I'm new and am keen to join the FB group pls :) my EDD is 10/10, and is expecting my #2 (#1 born June 2013)

Not sure who's the admin but can you pm me for the details needed to add me please? TYVM!!

Hello mummies! I'm new and am keen to join the FB group pls :) my EDD is 10/10, and is expecting my #2 (#1 born June 2013)

Not sure who's the admin but can you pm me for the details needed to add me please? TYVM!!

Hi,
Pls PM me yr email address so that I can add u in Fb.

I had my last check up at 9weeks. The next would be 6 weeks after at 15 weeks. Is it too far apart?
Hi sardonyx, are u doing any harmony or OSCAR test? I requested to see with my gynae right before the test since he's not the one doing the test for me. That's around 12 weeks. My last visit was at 8 weeks. I think if u have concerns u can call to schedule an appointment earlier..

Foe those in their 11 week do ya feel thr initial symptons all disappearing huh? Sore tender breasts no more, no more gagging or nauseous

I am 10W+4 (although earlier scan showed 11W+3, my gynae never change my EDD), and yeah my gagging and nausea seem to be easing off. Comes if I don't get enough water. Guess it is normal cos the placenta is taking over...

I'm gg to do panorama test (similar to harmony test) at my gyne's clinic in mid April . $1.5k . Maybe i should ask for an NT scan too. But NT scan can only be done from which week onwards?

NT scan is part of Oscar, so should be ok between week12-14? I did mine at week12
Harmony can be done anything between week10-12

NT scan is part of Oscar, so should be ok between week12-14? I did mine at week12
Harmony can be done anything between week10-12
Thanks:) during my last visit, I was still thinking whether to do Oscar or go straight to panorama (similar to harmony test). So gyne gave me a date at week 12. She said panorama can be done earliest week 10. But she said Okie to keep the appointment and do it at week 12 which probably will be even more accurate by week 12. So I guess on week 12, I can ask if she can do NT scan for me. So I think gotta pay a bit more on top of panorama test

I am not too sure, maybe you have to check with you gynae. My understanding is that Harmony can be done as early as week10...but since I wanted to do my NT scan so I waited till Week 12 so can see neck fluid etc....
So by week 12 can easily do NT scan , right? Not too early , right? I hope one visit i can do both panorama and NT scan

So by week 12 can easily do NT scan , right? Not too early , right? I hope one visit i can do both panorama and NT scan

Actually, when i booked my appointment I tot I was only into week11d3 but after the NT scan they adjusted my EDD and say that I was exactly week12 that day =) You can double check with your gynae again on the dates.

Yes, i know. Singapore isn't a place where pregnant mums are much protected in the working force as compared to other developed countries. We have a very huge gap as compared to others.

Oh, i didn't know TMC have this package. I done my harmony test with my gynae coz she mentioned if harmony test, it can be done at the clinic thou same building as TMC. Harmony test is $1150 b4 Gst.
Now, i wonder if i should wait for harmony test results and check with my gynae about the NT scan....:rolleyes:

I'm at week 9 now. Started to feel fluttering and I know it is jus gas or air bubbles .. But so cute, the fluttering is always at the same location. I felt my first baby movement during my week15 for my first pregnancy .. Really looking forward to feel baby movement soon in the many weeks to come :)

Same situation as me plus I am only going to hit 3 months in 3 weeks time. HR and supervisor had a talk with me and said if I can't meet the KPIs and expectations, I will be asked to leave. Feeling really down.

Oh, i didn't know TMC have this package. I done my harmony test with my gynae coz she mentioned if harmony test, it can be done at the clinic thou same building as TMC. Harmony test is $1150 b4 Gst.
Now, i wonder if i should wait for harmony test results and check with my gynae about the NT scan....:rolleyes:
If you have done your harmony and the test results is ok, I think you can just wait till 20 week scan. I was just being kiasu... :)

Back