Maid salary?

Mine also no off day , $480 + $80(no off day) = $560 . Mine is a married lady , so all she want is to earn money. haha

Hi everyone, need your advice on how to deal this maid who has been with me for a mth. She is good with housework and all. But she likes to complain in FB. Complain abt my child etc. It gets on my nerves. She doesnt know i knew abt her FB acct. I understand that just like us, she may need to destress by complaining abt work in FB. But reading those posts, i feel so agitated. What should i do .

Hi all mummies.
I'm also looking for a maid cos my 3rd child is coming this mid july. Mine consider big family cos my inlaws are staying w me.any good agency with reasonable budget?

Hi everyone, need your advice on how to deal this maid who has been with me for a mth. She is good with housework and all. But she likes to complain in FB. Complain abt my child etc. It gets on my nerves. She doesnt know i knew abt her FB acct. I understand that just like us, she may need to destress by complaining abt work in FB. But reading those posts, i feel so agitated. What should i do .
if i were you, i will just tell her that i know she has FB and ask her to stop feedback your family members in her FB... tell her even she write in her native language, you are able to translate it too.. unless she put her FB in private, then at least you dun get to see it and wun get upset

Hey mummies,
I'm thinking of hiring a FDW to help my mother cope with the housework and taking care of the household in general. Is bringing an Indonesian helper (with past experience in SG) from Indonesia cheaper than bringing an inexperienced one from Indonesia? This is through an agency. Are the loans for a ex-SG maid lower or equal to an inexperienced one? And are the agency/placement fees lower? Is there a difference in the number of months an inexperienced and experienced maid have to go without salary for clearing the loan that they have to pay off and does the employer need to pay off the loan in advance? I haven't hired a maid before so I'm rather inexperienced in this hiring of maids business. Thank you!
Regards,
Mooney

Fresh Pinoy maid 540.
As I am expecting number 3 now, hubby is saying we should increase her salary additional $100 when the baby arrives.
Is $100 too much?

We have already informed her that I am expecting baby #3 and arriving in Oct.

Hi all mummies.
I'm also looking for a maid cos my 3rd child is coming this mid july. Mine consider big family cos my inlaws are staying w me.any good agency with reasonable budget?
Hi mummies
I just took maid from this agency not bad service very good and they gv me good maid. I have 4 kids and 6 adult at home. If u like to try I can gv u the num.

Hi everyone,

Does any one has a good maid agency to recommend? My experience with agencies are very bad, few years back.
Am starting to look for a maid now and wants to hear recommendations as well.
Are Indonesian maids still trending or?
Thanks!
Hi Mummie,,
I just took maid from tis agency not bad services very good the agent also very friendly I have 4 kids and 6 adults at home they gv me good maid, If u like to try I can gv u the contact thank.

Fresh Pinoy maid 540.
As I am expecting number 3 now, hubby is saying we should increase her salary additional $100 when the baby arrives.
Is $100 too much?

We have already informed her that I am expecting baby #3 and arriving in Oct.

Hi queenie08.

Just to check y need increase pay. Is that market norm? Or u wanna reward her for doing a gd job plus extra tasks in October.?

My new baby coming soon. My current maid complains too much work in my house. Which I don't think so. She is just slow n behaves like granny. mayb $ cAn motivate them.

My hubby thinks due to the extra work of the new born we should increase her salary. It's not a market norm , I think, just that we wanted to make sure she is happy and willing.

I am incline to increase the salary.but by 100 a month? I find it a lot. Max. I think I will give 50.

Although some people told me that I have already told her before I hire her about the new baby - no not necessary.

Purple white is this your second or 3rd? If it's not the 3rd - work load shouldn't be that much.

My hubby thinks due to the extra work of the new born we should increase her salary. It's not a market norm , I think, just that we wanted to make sure she is happy and willing.

I am incline to increase the salary.but by 100 a month? I find it a lot. Max. I think I will give 50.

Although some people told me that I have already told her before I hire her about the new baby - no not necessary.

Purple white is this your second or 3rd? If it's not the 3rd - work load shouldn't be that much.
3rd baby. Cos when they get increment upon completion of contracts, they probably get 20-50 bucks more only. I agree making maids happy is impt. Our little precious are in their hands. But maybe they will b only b happy for a while as ppl are not easily contented. I'll b sending the newborn to infant care. So maid got more washing Etc to do but no need take care of kids during day time.

Mummies,
My helper is from faith employment agency and she has been with me for nearly 2 years. Very good maid. And the agency's boss Monica interviews all her maids personally and is very strict. She also advocates no off day with compensation. I world highly recommend her. Monica - 92718159

Hi any advice on myanmar maid. How is the communication, and adaptability, intelligence? What are the challenges? Do they also make mobile phone calls n update FB accounts? Do they know how to use appliances ie washing machine, bottle steamer, oven? How is their general behaviour, shy? Quiet? Vocal?

my MIL has a mynamar maid. communication...simple English...she can cook simple meals and she take care of my bedridden MIL. I think she uses her phone when her chores are done. my inlaws are not v particular as there are only 3 pple in the house.

I go over weekly....she is quite quiet..and patient (coz need to feed MIL) she will have her meals in the kitchen..when we have gathering etc..she is very auto with helping clearing the table.

I got my indo helper at comfort agency at jurong east... Look for Kim... She's gd... This is my 1st time getting a helper.. So I wasn't really sure wat kinda of helper I shld get.. And frm other ppl stories.. I was quite worried choosing a bad one..
She helped me to screen thru' first... Took out those who suits my criteria... Slowly explained each of them then asked me to choose.. So far my helper never give me problem.. Been wif us for 1+ mths...
hi how much you pay for everything to the agency ? thanks

My 1st child due on edd August. will have to get a helper. Mil will supervise . Both myself and wife need to work to make living. Bo bian in sgp. Wat is the estimated cost for say Indo maid? Do have to start searching already ??

My 1st child due on edd August. will have to get a helper. Mil will supervise . Both myself and wife need to work to make living. Bo bian in sgp. Wat is the estimated cost for say Indo maid? Do have to start searching already ??

Hi Phantom,

Congrats to u. Cost of salary of the maid will depends on a few things.
1) Experience?
2) Off Days?

Most experience Indo maid will want off days, but u may b lucky to find one dat may not wanna take off days. U may wanna look around before making a decision. If u decide to take an inexperienced one, take note that u probably wld have 2 get her here earlier so dat u can train her. Otherwise, u can wait till it's closer to your wife's EDD

i also need to get. Our plan is move into my MIL house at Woodlands. Easier for Marketing.
We stayed at Sengkang, where 0 wet market...

What are the estimated fees we need to pay to the agency, in general?

We paid about $2.4k to one of the more well-known maid agencies for a maid from the Philippines. This includes a $1.35k transfer fee, $105 to MOM, $380 for insurance and indemnity premium, and another $500 in commission.

Hi there,
Just to get some opinions. My maid is due for re-contract in Jul. Her current pay is $520. She has worked with me for 4 years. Has migraine problem (takes panadol like nobody's business). Temperamental and sometimes rude. Damaged quite a number of things at home since she started work with me but I have never asked her to pay. She cares a lot for my younger child but cannot get along with my older child. I have offered her $570 but she demands for $600. I do not know if I should say ok. She gets a lot of freedom in the day when we are at work and kids are at school. She has also use of wifi at home (Is this norm or acceptable by the way?)

Hi there,
Just to get some opinions. My maid is due for re-contract in Jul. Her current pay is $520. She has worked with me for 4 years. Has migraine problem (takes panadol like nobody's business). Temperamental and sometimes rude. Damaged quite a number of things at home since she started work with me but I have never asked her to pay. She cares a lot for my younger child but cannot get along with my older child. I have offered her $570 but she demands for $600. I do not know if I should say ok. She gets a lot of freedom in the day when we are at work and kids are at school. She has also use of wifi at home (Is this norm or acceptable by the way?)
I think is all depend on you... my parent's maid uses home phone every 2 to 3 hrs and chat. She quite old arnd 40s so she doesn't know how to use smart phone so never ask for wifi. She also quite free coz her job is only clean the house and cook meals. No kids at home only my grandma during the day. So she really very free.. but she always get her job done.

Recently she cooks all my confinement food for me. So after my confinement we give her hong bao too. Arnd $150

@cheekybebe - Ultimately it depends on your own gut. That is the best gauge on whether you should give in to her. Looking at the direction in which your comments on your maid is headed, I am guessing you did not even want to increase her salary to begin with. Lol..

@cheekybebe - Ultimately it depends on your own gut. That is the best gauge on whether you should give in to her. Looking at the direction in which your comments on your maid is headed, I am guessing you did not even want to increase her salary to begin with. Lol..
Hmm... I did mention that I have offered her $570, which is an increase from her current pay of $520. I guess it's somewhat difficult to explain all the incidents that have happened over the past few years and it's really up to me to decide. Bottomline is, what is the market rate now for an experienced phillipino maid?

I think is all depend on you... my parent's maid uses home phone every 2 to 3 hrs and chat. She quite old arnd 40s so she doesn't know how to use smart phone so never ask for wifi. She also quite free coz her job is only clean the house and cook meals. No kids at home only my grandma during the day. So she really very free.. but she always get her job done.

Recently she cooks all my confinement food for me. So after my confinement we give her hong bao too. Arnd $150

How long has she been working for your parents? What is her pay like, if I may ask?

I think ur maid is like my ex maid who worked 4 years with me before I send her packing. They think we cannot do without them, give attitude and demands high pay. I pay her $620 excluding off days compensation and she still says her pay is low. Giving wifi is a no no for me.my maid also stays at home alone in the day time. She can do so much with wifi....fb, watsapp , Skype, send videos to her friends since she no need to pay for data! So no phone for her in the daytime. She also pays for her own data cards. I know is difficult to make yrself change maid as u are so used to her .....I also resisted and held on. Even when I know she was putting on makeup when we not at home I also keep quiet. Subsequently she also don't bother to remove her makeup before we come home. Last straw was when I chance upon her Facebook photos.

I think ur maid is like my ex maid who worked 4 years with me before I send her packing. They think we cannot do without them, give attitude and demands high pay. I pay her $620 excluding off days compensation and she still says her pay is low. Giving wifi is a no no for me.my maid also stays at home alone in the day time. She can do so much with wifi....fb, watsapp , Skype, send videos to her friends since she no need to pay for data! So no phone for her in the daytime. She also pays for her own data cards. I know is difficult to make yrself change maid as u are so used to her .....I also resisted and held on. Even when I know she was putting on makeup when we not at home I also keep quiet. Subsequently she also don't bother to remove her makeup before we come home. Last straw was when I chance upon her Facebook photos.

Glad you made the decision. Better late than never!

Hi there,

that sound like my maid .. her current pay is $540 but cos she only want 1 off day and sometime non..she easily get 620 per month

she like to shop on line and everytime she go on off day she must buy new clothes and she will put on make up and everytime she return u will see more new shoes ...or clothes ... and the most recent off day she pierced her nose .. we give her wifi at night cos day time she need to go to my mom place ..i will never let her be alone at home with my 2 kids ..youngest only 16 months old

at the beginning we bought her overseas when ever we go oversea ..she went BKK .. and HK on premium economy class ok .. but over these 2 trip she really beh zhi tong until dunno what to say ..she behave as though she go on holiday ... that is my last straw ...she tot we cannot do with her but she is wrong . when we went japan.. i sent her to agent place and she was very sour over it and kept saying to my son that he did not bring her to japan

i will get rid of her when her contact end ..and i make known to her and the kids that she will not stay here long ..she will go back after 2 years

i am not keen to change new one now cos 1stly there is no guarantee the next one will be better ... 2ndly i dun have time to train new one here
given that i already knwo her pattern so i can deal with her more effectively and that is why she still here with us .. but for sure ..no more holiday with her

I really think cannot be too nice to maids. they will get used to it just like PTB7674 says, never bring her go holiday she grumble already...as though is her entitlement. sometimes when my MIL make birds nest, she will give my maid some. i tell her don't give cos she will get used to it and will expect that she will get a share of whatever good food we eat.

Back