IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi tsf, totally understand your feeling. I've extremely low amh thus had great difficulties growing follicles. I had 3 aborted cycles before due to follicles not growing at all. I was devastated each time. The scan at D5 is always nerve wrecking as it determines whether any follicles growing and whether I can proceed with the cycle or not. Sadly, I had to terminate the cycle for 3 consecutive times.
So dun be despair. You have 4 growing follicles and 2 eggs is enough as you only need one to succeed. I had my gal thru IVF in 2010. At that time, I only retrieved 2 eggs and only one fertilized and transfered and I strike! So chin up, look forward to your next scan and proceed to the next stage with confident . You must have confident in yourself and especially your embryos. Trust them that they will grow well.
All the best to you ya!!
Wow, it's wonderful! How come u had v low AMH? Mine was low becAuse of endometrosis.

Wow, it's wonderful! How come u had v low AMH? Mine was low becAuse of endometrosis.

Hmm.. Din know that endometriosis will cause low AMH, my thought is either one is born with it or doing surgery on ovaries would cause it. Now then I know. Any sisters here tried DHEA? Ever consulted Dr Loh during a seminar, his advice is taking this .... Not sure this helped to improved the quantity or quality... Read reviews on this DHEA, got mixed review.... Is it true with low no. We are heading to menopause? :/

Went to my tcm last night and told him on my day 8 scan results

Right : 9.5, 6, 5
Left : 12

He say... At most 2 eggs... So sad...

though it's still early and I know quality matters more than quantity. Somehow, I still felt really upset and cried.

Haiz... Hubby can't understand y I feel stress... Well, with a 3rd fresh and both of us with fertility problems, and still trying for a number 1... Sometimes it jus feels unfair... When u hear news of ppl abandoning babies... While we r struggling to just have 1....

You are using which kind of medication for stimulation? Short protocol?

I also not sure why I have such low amh and high fsh. I tot I'm menopausing at one point cos I've not had my menses for 10months!! Quickly see my gynae and was in some hormonal pill to regulate my menses and that's when I decided to embark the IVF journey again cos I dun have much time left as my ovaries are aging I guess.

Hmm.. Din know that endometriosis will cause low AMH, my thought is either one is born with it or doing surgery on ovaries would cause it. Now then I know. Any sisters here tried DHEA? Ever consulted Dr Loh during a seminar, his advice is taking this .... Not sure this helped to improved the quantity or quality... Read reviews on this DHEA, got mixed review.... Is it true with low no. We are heading to menopause? :/

Hi chubby, I tried for 6 mths but didn't work on me. But I have a colleague who was on dhea for 3 months and strike naturally! So i guess it's individual.

@happy_mtb, thanks!

Sometimes, I wondered since there are so many factors that can defer one from getting preggy and plus.. everyone of us here are so different... are the short and long IVF protocols, adopted by hospitals, really suitable for us? Be it TCM, taking supplements, all of us responded so differently. Thinking of me back in the past, I'm so naïve that I have no problem in getting preggy for sure, just made me laughed... Eg. menses = fertile to get pregnant.. LOL. I'm not sure whether I should resign to fate or fight for it... at the moment, I told myself never give up.. keep trying since I have just started embarked on this IVF journey. Just be patient and be happy...Oops.. getting abit negative here.... Just a thought of my own...

Today is Friday.. just went out for a walk and pampered myself today... Thanks for ladies here for the supports and positive energy generated here.

Last edited:
Hi,oh I had a lap done to remove cysts, that causes the low AMH. I'm on long cycle, with lucrin and pergovoris.

I see. I'm not sure my AMH level is affected by the lap surgery or I'm naturally low with it.

Never try pergovoris though.. I'm using two different stimulation medications to 'force' my follicles growing as they are not doing well in the initial scannings.... anyway.. just wait for 2WW to be over..

Last edited:
I see. I'm not sure my AMH level is affected by the lap surgery or I'm naturally low with it.

Never try pergovoris though.. I'm using two different stimulation medications to 'force' my follicles growing as they are not doing well in the initial scannings.... anyway.. just wait for 2WW to be over..
Jiayou!!!! My eggs are growing well during simulation,yet 90% cant make it though i got 10.

Have faith in the little 1s in you now. Maybi they are e warriors who emerged victory. U never know.

Jiayou!!!! My eggs are growing well during simulation,yet 90% cant make it though i got 10.

Have faith in the little 1s in you now. Maybi they are e warriors who emerged victory. U never know.

:) Gal.. same to you.. I really hope you can succeed this round.. *Fighting*...

If got chance, I'm not sure whether I can put 3 embryos as I have reached the eligible age.. lolx.. *thinking thinking*

I'm back.. if some of you could rem me being here early jan 15. I have 2 failed iuis and i failed ivf in Dec 14. Booked my 2nd cycle in apr in kkh. I'm not sure is it good idea to totally give up of conceiving and move on. I feel cos my infertility, I'm stuck here in my life. I'm hoping to resign from my current job cos no prospects at all but bcos of my ivf I got to hold back till Aug. I'm reaching 40 this Aug. I know I only failed one ivf cycle but day to day, my mind is very taxing over it. I find life is not as meaningful like before when I haven started my conception journey. I find it very difficult to share my true jealousy feelings even to my closest friend and sis. Maybe its my pride. Every thing keeps bottling up. Recently, i saw 1 of my fbk friend posted and complained that she often needed to demand ppl to offer her the priority seat. When I read it, i feel frustrated. I know she did nothing wrong as a matter of fact. But my jealous feelings activated again. I think my over thinking is getting control over my emotions. To add on to my stress, me and hubby are also trying naturally but almost 50% if the time, my husband can't get it long enough to be successful. I was like .. the chance jus slipped off like that. He's healthy but we aren't sure if it's his psychologically or hidden issue with him physically.

Haiz.. feel better.

Hi littlejo, just a shout out that I'm also having my first fresh cycle in April. Going for counselling next week. What to expect?
Let's jiayou together n bb dust to all still waiting

:) Gal.. same to you.. I really hope you can succeed this round.. *Fighting*...

If got chance, I'm not sure whether I can put 3 embryos as I have reached the eligible age.. lolx.. *thinking thinking*
Thanks gal :) i dun think i can succeed cos dr lau told me not too good e chance as its a grade 2 embryo. Normally they dun do transfer for this but they do for me since its my 1 and only for this cycle. Anyway,dun care le. Nothing much i can do anyway,worry also no use.

Last time put 2 above grade also didnt succeed,now its poorer 1 dun think got high chance.

I now actualli planning for holiday and how to celebrate my hubby birthday happening in a few days time :)

n later doing online shopping.

but frankly,this art gets on my nerves at times. Humgh..:/. Just have to channel energy elsewhere when think crooked

3 embries is for repeated failure n for age 37 n above i think.

Last edited:
Thanks gal :) i dun think i can succeed cos dr lau told me not too good e chance as its a grade 2 embryo. Normally they dun do transfer for this but they do for me since its my 1 and only for this cycle. Anyway,dun care le. Nothing much i can do anyway,worry also no use.

Last time put 2 above grade also didnt succeed,now its poorer 1 dun think got high chance.

I now actualli planning for holiday and how to celebrate my hubby birthday happening in a few days time :)

but frankly,this art gets on my nerves at times. Humgh..:/. Just have to channel energy elsewhere when think crooked

Hmm.. let me do further reading on this..... i'm also planning a F&E trip in advance. Going after BT results...

Hmm.. let me do further reading on this..... i'm also planning a F&E trip in advance. Going after BT results...
Where u planning? I planning bkk,prevent my mind to think y y ;)
Now doing things that will make me happy. Since its so long vacation at home,might as well relax lol. Self consolation ;)

yup same.. @ the moment, one of the Indochina countries...haha.. but dun know which.. Cambodia, Vietnam or more adventurous... Laos or Myanmar.. but need to apply visa.. :/ ... Cruises in my list too...

Last edited:
Hi sisters,
Was reading through the thread, actually the embryo quality is what it matters and if it stick.

I have 34 eggs retrieve for my first fresh and I thought there shld be no problem getting bfp.
I was so wrong my first fresh didn't succeed and went on to medicated fresh and having high hopes as I did it with Tcm but eventually still bfn.

More embryos or eggs doesn't mean anything if the embryo is no good. I still have frozen embies but I'm scared that since the quality no good then should I try fresh instead but my dr suggest to still continue with frozen first. Last fet thawed 5 only 1 survive.

Will be doing my 2nd frozen next week but will be on natural fet so not having high hopes at all.
Doubt my lining is going to be 8mm.

sister who has only 1 embryo don despair more doesn't mean good.
Hugs all the best to us.

Praying hard for success.

yup same.. @ the moment, one of the Indochina countries...haha.. but dun know which.. Cambodia, Vietnam or more adventurous... Laos or Myanmar.. but need to apply visa.. :/ ... Cruises in my list too...

Chubby, I just came back from Myanmar last month. Beautiful country. Must visit Bagun in Myanmar. Spectacular!

Hi sisters,
Was reading through the thread, actually the embryo quality is what it matters and if it stick.

I have 34 eggs retrieve for my first fresh and I thought there shld be no problem getting bfp.
I was so wrong my first fresh didn't succeed and went on to medicated fresh and having high hopes as I did it with Tcm but eventually still bfn.

More embryos or eggs doesn't mean anything if the embryo is no good. I still have frozen embies but I'm scared that since the quality no good then should I try fresh instead but my dr suggest to still continue with frozen first. Last fet thawed 5 only 1 survive.

Will be doing my 2nd frozen next week but will be on natural fet so not having high hopes at all.

Hugs all the best to us.

All the best to your upcoming fet!

Anyone has difficulties with using Utrogestan - the pearlies that have to be inserted from below? Even as I lied down for 45 minutes after insertion, the pearlies till fall off whenever I go to the loo. I asked the Dr if this can be consumed orally instead and he said that this will cause vomiting and nausea. My DH even felt that my last failure was partly due to my failure to insert this properly.

Hi!
U can insert via the rectum. For my 1st fresh ivf, I insert via rectum.I just went for embroyo transfer(medicated FET) for my #2.

Hi Connie, continue to stay positive. My sis had ivf several years back and she bfp on a grade 2 embryo. There's definitely still hope. Just keep relaxing your mind eh :)

Hi Connie, continue to stay positive. My sis had ivf several years back and she bfp on a grade 2 embryo. There's definitely still hope. Just keep relaxing your mind eh :)
Her grade 2 is count from bottom or cpubt from top? Different ivf clinic has different grading. Mine is count from bottom,ie grade 1 e worst :(

for me all my cycles use puregon ..last one cycle doc initially wanted gonf for me but I requested for puregon as I was familiar with the usage and he was fine with changing..
Thanks Chrisl. I am going for blood test next week. I see if I can catch my gynae.

Hi sisters,

Hugs all the best to us.

yyw82, all the best for your fet, i think no need to worry too much about the thickness of lining for fet. when i did my fet my dr told me i need not worry cos it is jus like natural conception, the lining thickness need not be too thick as compared to a fresh ivf . my lining was not thick and stil bfp

got put in means still got hope !

Her grade 2 is count from bottom or cpubt from top? Different ivf clinic has different grading. Mine is count from bottom,ie grade 1 e worst :(

I know a fren her embryo abnormal and cannot do ET she cried. Embyrogist told her will monitor the embryo before discard. In the end this abnormal embryo grow to compact n call her down for transfer. She has just given birth to a cute bb boy. U never know till the end.

jas249, u still can increase dose, can expect better result later.... I'm at the max dose and this is the result I'm getting...
Tsf0205, i had a scan yest morn n was given the same dose which i was given during my day 5 scan...juz hope my follicles wl continue to grow n see better result on mon scan...pray hard!!!

Meanwhile, let's jia you tog!!! I think our ER shld be around the same period...yest was my day 8 scan..

When is ur nxt scan?

Yes... juz started jab today.. is D3 menses scan

hahaha den its oklah. coz havent start jab mah. no need to measure how many follicles or even lining first. 2nd scan after jab den u can start to take note. Eat more protein egg whites fm now on. 3 mor, 3 nite. Red bean soup to increase lining.

hahaha den its oklah. coz havent start jab mah. no need to measure how many follicles or even lining first. 2nd scan after jab den u can start to take note. Eat more protein egg whites fm now on. 3 mor, 3 nite. Red bean soup to increase lining.

Ha! Babydusty... so i am scaring myself early in the morning thanks! I scared myself 2nd time when i thought i forgot to bring back one of the med after taken out to jab at kk.. what a "scary" day

I have MVP too but very mild case.
I kept reminding them throughout the cycle, esp during ER day, but it didn't seem to matter to them.
I went ahead as per normal.
Yes! I keep reminding them during my last cycle too. .. & they don't seem to be interested. But this time make special appointment, don't know why?

Is it normal first scan no "egg" found??? Was given gonal f, sauzen & subcut
It's good. If you have 1 or 2 follicles already, all the hormones might go to promoting their growth only. So it's good from what I know. This way all the follicles available will be abt the same size as they grow.

Hi all. Had some drama last night cos my tummy hurt and previously my gynae suspected ectopic. Scared the shit out of me and ended up at kkh a&e where blood test showed hcg levels over 1800 but no sac. Today morning called me back for detailed scan and I really thought all was lost. 5 hours of waiting and grieving and finally told they found a tiny tiny waterbag. Best 500 plus ive ever spent.

Back