(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

how do you find the pre-natal massage? And u have recommendations? is the person coming to our house?
I tried two masseuses. Shida and enda. Both came up to my house.

I jus engaged enda last week. She was friendly but i felt that she was not as professional as Shida - another masseuse that my colleague recommended. She did not have anything to cover my bed so when she massage me in oil and i had to flip, my bedsheet is filled with oil stains. She was sure about where to apply pressure but i personally preferred more pressure. I did not ask her to apply more pressure cos i wanted to know what is her usual practice. I told her im having aches under my right shoulder blade. She kinda just rubbed it for about 5-10 minutes which i expected pressure instead.

Shida had sarong for me to wrap, covered the bed in sarong, asked to turn on aircon at 24/25 degrees and set lot light for ambience. She used really fragrant oil and she applies just the right amt of pressure i need. She massages the bottom of my feet too which makes it really comfortable which enda did not.

I was more pleased with shida as compared to enda. However if you are tight in budget or prefers light massages then you can try enda.

I jus engaged enda last week. She was friendly but i felt that she was not as professional as Shida - another masseuse that my colleague recommended. She did not have anything to cover my bed so when she massage me in oil and i had to flip, my bedsheet is filled with oil stains. She was sure about where to apply pressure but i personally preferred more pressure. I did not ask her to apply more pressure cos i wanted to know what is her usual practice. I told her im having aches under my right shoulder blade. She kinda just rubbed it for about 5-10 minutes which i expected pressure instead.

Shida had sarong for me to wrap, covered the bed in sarong, asked to turn on aircon at 24/25 degrees and set lot light for ambience. She used really fragrant oil and she applies just the right amt of pressure i need. She massages the bottom of my feet too which makes it really comfortable which enda did not.

I was more pleased with shida as compared to enda. However if you are tight in budget or prefers light massages then you can try enda.

Hi @minminmin ,

Do you mind to share the cost per session shida charges? :)

can ask ur hb massage for u...I also encountered a few times, shouted out in pain and my mum came running lol
Yeah ytd was my first encounter for leg cramp haha so I just stretch my leg straight I didn't wake him up.. Den morning I told him abt it and he said why nv wake him up so that he can help me massage etc den nag again.. Haha coz whenever I wake him up from sleep his reaction very big one.. It makes me more scare.. Haha.. So I rather kept quiet first xD

I went to the toilet more frequently in my first trimester. Second trimester became lesser instead. But nw wake up often to flip so end up also disrupt my sleep. Everyday only sleep 6 hrs :( disrupt sleep end up during work so tired
Same! Worse is I also likes to watch tv shows at night sometimes I slept at 11 pm den I wake up at 3 or 4 am to pee -.- den go back sleep 7 am need to wake up again.. The only days I'm looking forward to is weekends haha.. But I also can't sleep too late coz bb will kick me up -.-

Yeah ytd was my first encounter for leg cramp haha so I just stretch my leg straight I didn't wake him up.. Den morning I told him abt it and he said why nv wake him up so that he can help me massage etc den nag again.. Haha coz whenever I wake him up from sleep his reaction very big one.. It makes me more scare.. Haha.. So I rather kept quiet first xD

I woke up at 4 this morning And ask my hub to help me apply yokoyoku And massage my calf lol he doesn't have much reaction.. just do it with eyes close haha

Can you share Shida's contact no? And does she go to any part of the island or just restricted to certain region?

will want to try her since at least she will cover the bed in sarong..... else, the whole bedsheet and mattress will be all gone! :eek:

Same! Worse is I also likes to watch tv shows at night sometimes I slept at 11 pm den I wake up at 3 or 4 am to pee -.- den go back sleep 7 am need to wake up again.. The only days I'm looking forward to is weekends haha.. But I also can't sleep too late coz bb will kick me up -.-

guess now all of us look forward to is weekends..... the days for us to catch up with sleep :) at least still can sleep until 8.... better than nothing....

Same loh! But weekends bb like enjoying with me leh. Though i may wake up in the middle of the night, i can manage to go back to sleep again. Maybe wake up ard 9+ 10? Not likr before pregnancy ard 12 la. Lol

Can you share Shida's contact no? And does she go to any part of the island or just restricted to certain region?

will want to try her since at least she will cover the bed in sarong..... else, the whole bedsheet and mattress will be all gone! :eek:
Shida 94361463. Not sure abt area. You may wanna call her up to check. She stays in sengkang from what i know.

I woke up at 4 this morning And ask my hub to help me apply yokoyoku And massage my calf lol he doesn't have much reaction.. just do it with eyes close haha
Haha Now I ask him to help me massage first xD hehe before I go sleep.. Hope it helps to smooth the cramp

guess now all of us look forward to is weekends..... the days for us to catch up with sleep :) at least still can sleep until 8.... better than nothing....

Same loh! But weekends bb like enjoying with me leh. Though i may wake up in the middle of the night, i can manage to go back to sleep again. Maybe wake up ard 9+ 10? Not likr before pregnancy ard 12 la. Lol

Ya! During weekends I can only sleep until 10 plus haha actually 9 am bb already start kicking me le xD but I continue to sleep coz really very tired ehh..

Before I'm pregnant I usually sleep until 11 plus or 12 haha.. Such a pig siol xD

Ya! During weekends I can only sleep until 10 plus haha actually 9 am bb already start kicking me le xD but I continue to sleep coz really very tired ehh..

Before I'm pregnant I usually sleep until 11 plus or 12 haha.. Such a pig siol xD
You are not the only one. Lol!!!

Now stopped work already.

For me, when contraction comes, you feel your whole tummy hardening up and it's uncomfortable. You feel it like one whole muscle tightening up.

When u lie down the tummy is not a soft plateau but rather peaked in the middle. I am not sure if I have described this aptly enough. :D
Haha.. yes, thanks. Sort of can imagine it now.
Try not to walk ard too much now and have bed rest as much as possible now. Must use ur chance to be queen for 3 more mths :)

has anyone tried prenatal massage at home? how was it? any good recently used recommendations?

Hi I have tried mums and babies pre and post natal massage for my first pregnancy. It was done by a Myanmar lady, and she is good.

I have recently checked them out for my #2... I feel that they are too pricey... So looking out for another option...

I will be trying Mdm rahimah for prenatal and if she is good, I will engage her for post natal massage... Her package is reasonable too... About $800 for 10 sessions..

Welcome Sarahmikah!

If you trust your helper enough and she's quite keen to pick new ways of doing confinement your way, then it should be fine.

I do have a helper doing the general housework and cooking. But will be employing a confinement lady (CL) to look after baby and me.

Helper will be my backup in case CL does funny things which I cannot accept or doesn't listen.

No one way about it definitely. Just choose what you think will work out.

Thank you for welcoming me and your advice! I thought it's good to have, but it really too ex I feel... Sigh... Want to save some money!

Hi mummies. Was brushing my teeth just now. I accidentally cough and some liquid came out from below.Wondering isit normal,anyone encounter this? no smell nothing.

Hi mummies. Was brushing my teeth just now. I accidentally cough and some liquid came out from below.Wondering isit normal,anyone encounter this? no smell nothing.
I hope you're saying about urine. I've been leaking urine while sneezing ever since the start of second trimester. :/ my mum says its normal.

Yup, I did and whenever I cough or sneeze there may be abit of liquid come out but there's no smell though so I didn't think much.. Coz I read that our discharge may be more frequent now as long as no smell is fine ba..

I really envy all of u..... nowadays, if i can sleep till 8+, i will be happy.... cos by 7+, i think the bb is waking me up to feed him.... but i will try to drag until 8+ :D:D

I really envy all of u..... nowadays, if i can sleep till 8+, i will be happy.... cos by 7+, i think the bb is waking me up to feed him.... but i will try to drag until 8+ :D:D
Hehe I'm those that wanna sleep more de so I will just sleep.. But is not very good coz the timing I take in supplement will be messy during weekends haha..

Any mummies got preorder from the baby market? For April bb fair? I saw 2 baby cots seems not bad hehe..

Any mummies got preorder from the baby market? For April bb fair? I saw 2 baby cots seems not bad hehe..

No.... But I told my husband, must must definitely go for the April bb fair cos it's the last chance liao.... and we haven't even start doing any shopping..... :oops::oops:

No.... But I told my husband, must must definitely go for the April bb fair cos it's the last chance liao.... and we haven't even start doing any shopping..... :oops::oops:
Going going! Did the pre-order for 3 products. Getting some second hand stuff frm my uncle then further decide what else to get during the bb fair. confirm a lot of people la!

Yes haha I'm definitely going too.. Is really a last chance to buy liao hehe coz we now left with baby cot and other misc stuffs like baby wipes etc.. My hubby's friend gave us a lot of bb clothes and we still buy some liao haha so we shall stop buying clothes xD

Going going! Did the pre-order for 3 products. Getting some second hand stuff frm my uncle then further decide what else to get during the bb fair. confirm a lot of people la!
Care to share what u preorder? :D
Ya I planned to take leave and go on Friday lor haha.. Coz I think Saturday will be many pple.. Maybe Friday already start those crowd le

Yes haha I'm definitely going too.. Is really a last chance to buy liao hehe coz we now left with baby cot and other misc stuffs like baby wipes etc.. My hubby's friend gave us a lot of bb clothes and we still buy some liao haha so we shall stop buying clothes xD

we will be getting baby cot from my cousin so will be looking into stroller and baby seat. haha.... I only have one source and that's from my colleague. He has passed me 5 bags of clothings.... probably will buy 1 new set to wear during full month :)

@Ice_Tea and snowy03 i preordered maternity bra, little bean food processor and bb changing pad. was tempted to get little bean sterilizer and warmer but i think can only use their bottle so i hesitate. Cos duno if my bb will get use to their bottle. If not then the whole thing wasted redi.

Back