Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

@cheeka and @ pinkfuchsia,
Thanks for asking...
i have just reached home from NUH and after lunch.
Today, Prof in very superb happy mood.
He greeted me as usual, then check my tummy,
after that he gave me a hand to help me get up from bed, so gentlemen...
Then he explained the grade of my frozen embryos,
at first he said i have one very good grade embroy, then he said in fact all 4 are good quality,
i felt very enlighten after hearing that.
He smiles at me and asked me if i want to do the thaw cycle as soon as possible,
happened that today is my Day 2 of menses, he said if i want to start asap,
he will give me the medication and ET will be likely in April.
I asked him if he will be around, he said yes, he will help me to do,
but there is a crest course during that week, asking me if i mind,
i said no, i am fine.
Hence i will start the medication today, prescribed mercilon to start today.

Pinkfuchsia,
how are you feeling today?

@cheeka and @ pinkfuchsia,
Thanks for asking...
i have just reached home from NUH and after lunch.
Today, Prof in very superb happy mood.
He greeted me as usual, then check my tummy,
after that he gave me a hand to help me get up from bed, so gentlemen...
Then he explained the grade of my frozen embryos,
at first he said i have one very good grade embroy, then he said in fact all 4 are good quality,
i felt very enlighten after hearing that.
He smiles at me and asked me if i want to do the thaw cycle as soon as possible,
happened that today is my Day 2 of menses, he said if i want to start asap,
he will give me the medication and ET will be likely in April.
I asked him if he will be around, he said yes, he will help me to do,
but there is a crest course during that week, asking me if i mind,
i said no, i am fine.
Hence i will start the medication today, prescribed mercilon to start today.

Pinkfuchsia,
how are you feeling today?

Hey hey glad to hear tat. Tsk prof nvr help me up frm bed before ley hahaha...

U hv 4 frosties like me!
Ya mercilon hv to take for 21 days then followed by progynova for 2 weeks. I had bad experience with mercilon, spot all the way till my next menses!!

Oh I am feeling ok la, bk to work today, still felt nthg...

@ pinkfuchsia,
Hahaha....thats why i said he is in superb nice mood today,
i saw him like that i also feel happy....not sure why, i like to see a smiley him,
usually he is quite serious de...

Yes, like you, we have 4 frosties now.
Oh, thats sorry to hear that you have spot after taking mercilon,
did you feedback to NUH?
Better take note if your allergic to it.

Be positive, i saw your post in other thread,
some say feel nothing also good sign.
I believe in law of attraction, be positive and let your embryos feel you,
both of you are strong.
All the best, meanwhile dont think too much, eat well and rest well :)

@makie Good news! You have 4 good embies! What is your plan? I suppose you will thaw two frozen embies?

Btw, what is Mercilon for and what is progynova for? I tot if FET, can just use normal cycle?

@ pinkfuchsia,
Hahaha....thats why i said he is in superb nice mood today,
i saw him like that i also feel happy....not sure why, i like to see a smiley him,
usually he is quite serious de...

Yes, like you, we have 4 frosties now.
Oh, thats sorry to hear that you have spot after taking mercilon,
did you feedback to NUH?
Better take note if your allergic to it.

Be positive, i saw your post in other thread,
some say feel nothing also good sign.
I believe in law of attraction, be positive and let your embryos feel you,
both of you are strong.
All the best, meanwhile dont think too much, eat well and rest well :)
I like u! So encouraging and full of positivity! Ya I told prof, he just say it's ok, will stop after I take progynova. Indeed spotting stop! I ask chr nurse, she say some patients are like tat..

@makie Good news! You have 4 good embies! What is your plan? I suppose you will thaw two frozen embies?

Btw, what is Mercilon for and what is progynova for? I tot if FET, can just use normal cycle?
Mercilon is birth control pills to time your menses. Take 21 days stop then menses come a few days later. In between go nuh and take a hormone jab. Then on d2 menses go nuh take blood test, they will give u go ahead to take progynova, tat is to build lining. Progynova take for 2 weeks then go scan lining, if lining is at least 8mm, transfer will be 2-3 days later.

This is medicated thaw cycle.

@cheeka,
Pinkfuchsia answered you so clearly on the mercilon and progynova, thanks for that Pinkfushcia.

Yay! My plan is to thaw 2 frozen embryos, thats is our initially plan after discussed with hubby.
A friend of mine is trying FET too, she is with Prof too and we are one week apart.

Hi All :))

I'm going for my first appointment soon and I'm feeling quite lost. Firstly, I have no idea what to expect and the waiting time. Secondly, I'm still very confuse of the government grant (will I be entitled) if I opt for Prof. Wong. If no government grant under private patient, means for all scanning and all procedures will be carried out by Prof. Wong? By the way, I got referral letter from polyclinic.

I'm also deciding between Prof. Wong and SF Loh. If I'm not wrong, their ivf fee is around the same? $12k to $16k.

Can any ladies advise?

Thank you.

I like u! So encouraging and full of positivity! Ya I told prof, he just say it's ok, will stop after I take progynova. Indeed spotting stop! I ask chr nurse, she say some patients are like tat..
Must be positive always!! IVF is a tough journey,
sometime my hubby dont understand fully, only all the sisters here will understand,
hence we must give each other support and pass the positive energy around.

Since Prof and CHR nurse said ok, i am sure some patients experienced the same too.
NO worries then. Be happy and positive during your TWW.

Must be positive always!! IVF is a tough journey,
sometime my hubby dont understand fully, only all the sisters here will understand,
hence we must give each other support and pass the positive energy around.

Since Prof and CHR nurse said ok, i am sure some patients experienced the same too.
NO worries then. Be happy and positive during your TWW.

I second that hahah!
Positive positive !!

I'm going for my first appointment soon and I'm feeling quite lost. Firstly, I have no idea what to expect and the waiting time. Secondly, I'm still very confuse of the government grant (will I be entitled) if I opt for Prof. Wong. If no government grant under private patient, means for all scanning and all procedures will be carried out by Prof. Wong? By the way, I got referral letter from polyclinic.

Can any ladies advise?

Thank you.
Hello Tweetphy,
Welcome to this thread, glad to see more active girls in this thread :)

No worries, you are not alone. I was totally lost too when i went for my first appointment.

First of all, you go to the women's clinic at level 3 of NUH, Kent Ridge Wing.
I was waited for an hour on my first appointment, hence if you can, be there early.
When you reach Women's clinic, go straight to the registration counter with your referral letter and NRIC,
and the nurse will help you to register.

Before you start the IVF, the first time consultation fee by Prof, gynae scan, all the investigation (blood test for both husband and wife) is about $830.
Then i did the Hysterosalpingogram (X-ray) to check on the tube, it cost me about $227, and i paid $160 by medisave, balance $67 by credit card.
the repeat consultation i paid for $98 for the review of our report (blood test, scan and X-ray),
after that i started the Nore medication which is the IVF journey started, everything will be paid by the Gov Co-Funding and medisave, except for the medication which we need to pick up and paid at the pharmacy.
The CHR (Cinic for Human Reproduction) nurse will explain to you in detail,
you and your hubby need to sign some documents for the Gov Co-funding, consent for IVF, Medisave form etc,
a copy of marriage certificate is required.

For the gov grant, if you are below 40 years old, the gov co-funding for fresh cycle :-
Singaporean-Singaporean couple : up to $6,300
Singaporean-PR couple : up to $4,600
Singaporean-Foreigner couple : up to $3,000

You can use medisave if you are eligible for the balance payment:-
$6,000 for the 1st cycle
$5,000 for the 2nd cycle
$4,000 for the 3rd & subsequent cycles up to max of $15,000 per lifetime

Anything unsure, you can verified with the nurses at CHR,
most of them are nice and helpful nurses, no worries.

Relax and all the best.
Most importantly, you must trust your gynae, who is Prof Wong.
Consult him if you have any concerns.

I'm also deciding between Prof. Wong and SF Loh. If I'm not wrong, their ivf fee is around the same? $12k to $16k.

Can any ladies advise?

Thank you.

Hello hi!
Govt grant applies if it's a govt hospital... I think if u hv referral letter from polyclinic Ur considered a subsidized patient but cannot choose doc.

Go with your feel.. I hv only been with prof wong. Though hv yet to succeed but I feel comfortable with him and nuh system.

If i am not wrong, my friend with the referral letter too, but she has decided to go to Prof private clinic,
her charges that she has paid is about the same like me

Hi Makie and pinkfuchsia :)

Thanks for the replies.

Okay, means with the referral letter, I cannot opt for Prof. Wong.

If under private patient with Prof. Wong, the ivf fee will be around $12k, there will be no government grant of $6.3k, but can deduct $6k from medisave.

Or is it with the referral letter, my medicine and injections and blood test report will be claimable under the government grant? The private rates only apply for prof. Wong ivf procedure fees and consultation?

If, opt for Prof. Wong totally no grant, then I may consider to choose SF loh......... Because NUH really quite far from my house. Because SF Loh ivf fees around $12k to $16k exclude consultation and NUH Prof. Wong around $12k. I believe they are all good as they have helped many ladies to fulfill their motherhood. :)

@tweetphy ,
I am not sure about the charges by SF Loh, i suppose from Thomson Medical?
I heard from my friend about SF Loh before, not sure if there is any gov grant,
you better check it out before you have make the decision after comparison.

Once you have decided, have faith and trust your gynae, i find it very important.
All the best :)

Hi Makie and pinkfuchsia :)

Thanks for the replies.

Okay, means with the referral letter, I cannot opt for Prof. Wong.

If under private patient with Prof. Wong, the ivf fee will be around $12k, there will be no government grant of $6.3k, but can deduct $6k from medisave.

Or is it with the referral letter, my medicine and injections and blood test report will be claimable under the government grant? The private rates only apply for prof. Wong ivf procedure fees and consultation?

If, opt for Prof. Wong totally no grant, then I may consider to choose SF loh......... Because NUH really quite far from my house. Because SF Loh ivf fees around $12k to $16k exclude consultation and NUH Prof. Wong around $12k. I believe they are all good as they have helped many ladies to fulfill their motherhood. :)

Tweetphy,
Are you and HB both singaporean?
If yes, even you have decided to go with Prof Wong, you are covered by Gov Co-Funding of up to $6,300,
if you are below 40 years old.
On top of that, the balance IVF cost can be settled by Medisave up to $6,000 for the first fresh cycle.
In short, if your estimated IVF cost is $12k, you do not need to pay cash for first IVF cycle.

Injection are expensive but it was part of IVF cost, hence you are covered.
Medicine like Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Nore etc to buy from NUH pharmacy were are very affordable rate, no worries about that.
First time blood test for investigation need to pay by cash, X-Ray is majority by medisave, $68 by cash.

Thanks Makie :)

Yes, we are both Singaporean and below 40 years old.

Think I would just stick to the appointment and stop looking around. Tired. The more I read the more I worry and the more I confused. I am trying to be as positive as possible. But, can't stop the fact that ivf success rate is only about 30%. Means out of 10 patients, 7 will fail the IVF. So, why not just make use of the government grant. If really failed, I will take it as a warm up and familiar myself with the procedures and injection. BTW I'm also on clomid and gonal F now. But scan result not too good. In fact I responded better on clomid, but not gonal F. So, I'm exploring IVF soon. :)

Thanks Makie :)

Yes, we are both Singaporean and below 40 years old.

Think I would just stick to the appointment and stop looking around. Tired. The more I read the more I worry and the more I confused. I am trying to be as positive as possible. But, can't stop the fact that ivf success rate is only about 30%. Means out of 10 patients, 7 will fail the IVF. So, why not just make use of the government grant. If really failed, I will take it as a warm up and familiar myself with the procedures and injection. BTW I'm also on clomid and gonal F now. But scan result not too good. In fact I responded better on clomid, but not gonal F. So, I'm exploring IVF soon. :)
Huh? Ur on gonal f previously?

Tweetphy,
Again, you are not alone.
I was very confused when i was in other thread and read more.
Agreed with Pinkfuchsia, go with your feel, once you have decided the gynae, move on and prepare yourself for the journey.

You are right, make full use of the government co-funding since you are eligible.

At first, i was bothered by the success rate too, however, this is the only way for me,
i will go for it with even though my success rate is much lower, i am turning 40 years old this year.

You can shared your experience with the gynae for Gonal F and clomid.
In fact, they will monitor and see your respond to the injection,
they will adjust the dosage and medicine for you.

Less worries, be happy, and trust your gynae.

I still remembered clearly during my review with Prof Wong,
whatever Prof explained to us and suggested to us, we only said YES to him.
Anyway, i like him because he is seriously treat his patients with nonsense,
i am more confortable with this type of people.

I think in private practice, some docs give gonal f for IUI or pre-IUI to time sexual intercourse.

Welcome tweetphy! As what Makie said, u will still get co funding from govt as long as u r sgp citizen, even if u choose prof wong. But not for private hospital. For myself, i only top up less than $2k cash for the procedure.

Makie, ur explanation is very detailed!!! :)

Regarding mercilon, is it only for FET? Or they also use it for fresh cycle (i.e. replace Nor E with Mercilon)?

I think in private practice, some docs give gonal f for IUI or pre-IUI to time sexual intercourse.

Welcome tweetphy! As what Makie said, u will still get co funding from govt as long as u r sgp citizen, even if u choose prof wong. But not for private hospital. For myself, i only top up less than $2k cash for the procedure.

Makie, ur explanation is very detailed!!! :)

Regarding mercilon, is it only for FET? Or they also use it for fresh cycle (i.e. replace Nor E with Mercilon)?
Ah ic.. Seems like nor e is for fresh and mercilon for FET..

@cheeka,
i just copied from the information provided by NUH and shared with Tweetphy.
In fact, i want to create a cheat sheet to monitor the cost that i have spent so far,
already create one file to keep on the IVF related information, easy for reference :)

By the way ladies, i have requested to change my user name from Makie to Happybb2015, fyi.

@pinkfuchsia
which mean Nor E and Mercilon has the same effect, but it was being prescribed depends on if we are in fresh cycle or thaw cycle?

Today, i am feeling very tired again, not sure if due to the medicine that i am taking,
or i should have cut down on supplements?
Thinking for let my body to rest and stop the supplements,
not sure my body can take it with diff type of medicine, supplements and chinese herbs on daily basis.

@pinkfuchsia
which mean Nor E and Mercilon has the same effect, but it was being prescribed depends on if we are in fresh cycle or thaw cycle?

Today, i am feeling very tired again, not sure if due to the medicine that i am taking,
or i should have cut down on supplements?
Thinking for let my body to rest and stop the supplements,
not sure my body can take it with diff type of medicine, supplements and chinese herbs on daily basis.
I took folic acid, conceive well gold, tcm herb and accu all the way untill transfer... Folic still continue now. How's your body constitution diagnosed by your tcm?

I guess only.. Twice on fresh I was given nor e but FET I was given mercilon, my other acquaintance with nuh also the case.

@pinkfuchsia
I took folic acid too since Jan and continue with folic acid till now.
Dr Zou said i am a bit "xu", not sure its because my first visit her right after the oocyte retrieval,
i feel weak after that.
I will ask her again today when i see her.

Oic...thanks for the explanation.
How do your feel today?
Rest more and relax ya....

@pinkfuchsia
I took folic acid too since Jan and continue with folic acid till now.
Dr Zou said i am a bit "xu", not sure its because my first visit her right after the oocyte retrieval,
i feel weak after that.
I will ask her again today when i see her.

Oic...thanks for the explanation.
How do your feel today?
Rest more and relax ya....

My tcm use to say I'm 'xu' too but after 3 mths I'm better, according to him la...

Actually wat is relax, dun stress? I know how to say this but what is exactly required of me? I really feel nthg at all, no signs of positivity shown on me...

Ya...it always easy to say...relax and take it easy etc. I will watch some funny show make me feel happy or listen to the music that calm me down etc..

When is your next visit your gynae?

Ya...it always easy to say...relax and take it easy etc. I will watch some funny show make me feel happy or listen to the music that calm me down etc..

When is your next visit your gynae?
My blood test is next wed...
Erm actually I dun feel sad just that not feeling hopeful.. Done all tat I could, if still dun work out, duno wat more I can do for my next try. Dun even know whether I hv the courage to continue trying...

@pinkfuchsia....still too early to say...dont judge now and be positive always.
Be happy , eat well and rest well. I know the waiting time is not easy...when i waited for the daily update on the egg fertilisation status, quality etc...but when come to Day 3...i have learned to take thing easy.
Jia you and be positive until you see you gynae.

@pinkfuchsia....still too early to say...dont judge now and be positive always.
Be happy , eat well and rest well. I know the waiting time is not easy...when i waited for the daily update on the egg fertilisation status, quality etc...but when come to Day 3...i have learned to take thing easy.
Jia you and be positive until you see you gynae.
The embryo development update is daily but tww you are literally waiting only haha..

My tcm told me 'soup not ready yet, dun open the lid' hahaha. He know I Gan chiong will POAS. He say will create unnecessary stress... Sooooo, I will POAS on the morning of my blood test only...

@pinkfuchsia POAS is "evil"... :p when my BT was positive, I also poas and the faint was super super faint that is hardly can be seen! If not becos of BT, i wouldn't know it was positive and disappointed myself.

Not much symptoms leh... only slight cramp one week after ET. Nothing else... so dont read too much into symptoms of pregnancy cos its too early to tell.

Back