(2014/08) August 2014

Ya same here. For merries gotta watch out for the back. But only cos it's getting tight liao. I tape at the edge for L size. Haha

Or if romper too tight then the poop flows upwards. But if leave more at the bottom the poop will just stay at the bottom of the diaper la haha

I don't have such problems when using pampers or mamy poko leh. the back is quite snug.

Am also intending to purree for baby during weekend. May I know how do you do it and store the puree in freezer? Is the process : Steam, puree (when still hot) and cool down in container then put in freezer... ? Or put the hot purree into freezer directly?

ya, steam, purée, cool down, put in freezer. by right suppose to wait for it to cool down then put into freezer. but due to time constraint, I usually juz leave it to cool abit while I wash up all the stuff then put in freezer when I done, not totally cool down yet.

for storage can use avent cups, bebelock jars or baby cubes, etc..

ya, steam, purée, cool down, put in freezer. by right suppose to wait for it to cool down then put into freezer. but due to time constraint, I usually juz leave it to cool abit while I wash up all the stuff then put in freezer when I done, not totally cool down yet.

for storage can use avent cups, bebelock jars or baby cubes, etc..
How long can the frozen purée be kept?

Oh no!! Must be very tiring for u & xinku for yr boy...shoot all the virus away!!!

Speedy recovery to your boy...!! :)

ya mann. now already 3rd day. getting better. but still painful when drinking milk. hungry but cry n cry when drinking milk. see liao so heartpain. sobs.

this is one of the downside of putting kids in infant care. sigh.

Get well soon. HMFD is horrible yet unavoidable. At least now he go through and his immunity will definitely be better after this ya

Dear all, I am going to send my baby to ifc. Just curious, they can't move around how do they get infected by hfmd? Please enlightened me. Thanks

Dear all, I am going to send my baby to ifc. Just curious, they can't move around how do they get infected by hfmd? Please enlightened me. Thanks

one of the infants caught HFMD from his sibling & spread it to the rest. 5 out of 8 of them got it.

infant is 2-18mths. those ard 8mths can crawl & ard 1yo can walk liao.

Get well soon. HMFD is horrible yet unavoidable. At least now he go through and his immunity will definitely be better after this ya

hmm. I'm not so sure abt the immunity better part. I know some kids get it multiple times. my elder one had HFMD once & suspected of HFMD once.

Ic ic. Omg. Hope ur baby have speedy recovery. I started to get worry cos I heard now is the peak for hfmd.

Thanks for sharing

yep. seems like now is the peak. juz 2 weeks ago half the kids (abt 10+ of them out of 30) at my elder one's N2 class were suspected of HFMD.

ya mann. now already 3rd day. getting better. but still painful when drinking milk. hungry but cry n cry when drinking milk. see liao so heartpain. sobs.

this is one of the downside of putting kids in infant care. sigh.

Read liao feel ur sadness...
Speedy recover boy.. hang on Mommy!

Random question... But do you all know where to buy little bobdog brand clothing? Recently bought from the baby fair, love their bamboo fibre. Very comfortable for home wear.

Heh thanks!

Hi mummy..
Just to check...our babies are starting puree...
I hv started my baby with nestle grain and she loves it to the extend..she doesnt wana drink milk but wana spoon fed with grains.

Wkend got time..I will prepare porridge for her and she also loves it...

I would like to know:
1) whats ur baby's feeding timing? Still 3hrly?
2) shld I still milk but reduce I order to feed grain or fruits in a meal? Or of different timing?
3) can share ur feeding schedule? Cos my mil blur and always got my feeding mixture wrong!

Last edited:
I started my baby on brown rice cereal a month ago and he went on milk strike too. I think it's him finally discovering his taste buds haha. Last week we started on porridge and i was expecting the milk strike to get worse but surprisingly his appetite came back.

He's still on 3 - hourly feeds. The porridge substitutes one feed so he takes fbm 4 times a day. Cereal is a late afternoon snack.

Happy 6 months mummies!

my boy is 7mths. kept falling sick the whole of last mth, now still having abit of cough, so abit slow on the weaning progress. now still on cereal & purée once a day in the evenings, & having 120ml fm every 2.5-3h round the clock (7-8 feeds a day). I give the cereal in between his feeds & can only delay his next feed by half hr. hahah. didn't increase his milk feed amt coz he tends to vomit when coughing.

my boy is 7mths. kept falling sick the whole of last mth, now still having abit of cough, so abit slow on the weaning progress. now still on cereal & purée once a day in the evenings, & having 120ml fm every 2.5-3h round the clock (7-8 feeds a day). I give the cereal in between his feeds & can only delay his next feed by half hr. hahah. didn't increase his milk feed amt coz he tends to vomit when coughing.

My girl turning 7 mth old another 2 days later

Which is better for a start for baby: rice cereal or brown rice cereal or barley cereal or oatmeal cereal?

usually most ppl will start with rice or brown rice cereal.

I started with healthy times brown rice cereal. think too healthy, he doesn't like it & keep spitting out after 2-3 mouths. then i tried friso rice based milk cereal & he loves it (sweet la) & can finish whole bowl. nestle is even sweeter than friso.

u may wanna try the bland ones first (usually the organic ones without milk added) & see if bb takes it. dun wanna bb develop preference for sweet food at such early stage.

now I add the healthy times to purées that r sweet (e.g. fruits, sweet potato, etc) & friso for the not so sweet purées (e.g. brocoli, potato, etc).

usually most ppl will start with rice or brown rice cereal.

I started with healthy times brown rice cereal. think too healthy, he doesn't like it & keep spitting out after 2-3 mouths. then i tried friso rice based milk cereal & he loves it (sweet la) & can finish whole bowl. nestle is even sweeter than friso.

u may wanna try the bland ones first (usually the organic ones without milk added) & see if bb takes it. dun wanna bb develop preference for sweet food at such early stage.

now I add the healthy times to purées that r sweet (e.g. fruits, sweet potato, etc) & friso for the not so sweet purées (e.g. brocoli, potato, etc).
Tq kopibeanie. I started baby wit puree and my family advise me to gv cereal to bb as well to train bb how to swallow. But i am hesitant as i wanted to gv fresh food to baby.
Hav tried avocado, potato, pumpkin and banana so far. He dun like the banana taste. Stil exploring other food fr him. I gv him healthy times brown cereal wit milk today and so far he is ok with the taste. Shall continue trying.

Hihi! Been awhile since I login. Baby and work is taking almost all of my time. How r u mummies handling?
By the way may I know where to buy Happy times cereal? Do u all mix it with BM or FM?

Now is the cranky season.. teething period.. Ntuc got sell. I bought barley cereal. Yet to try. Either milk can be added.

Morning mummies ~

Would to ask u all...my daughter just turn 6mth old this mth.. so erm.. is it time to change her milk powder already ah?

Den how shld I go abt? Coz while reading forums, I "hear" some mummy say baby will diarrhoea... maybe not use to the Stage2 milk pwd yet? den need to mix around? Say this feed drink Stage1 den nxt feed drink Stage2?

TiA for yr advice or opinion... :)

Morning mummies ~

Would to ask u all...my daughter just turn 6mth old this mth.. so erm.. is it time to change her milk powder already ah?

Den how shld I go abt? Coz while reading forums, I "hear" some mummy say baby will diarrhoea... maybe not use to the Stage2 milk pwd yet? den need to mix around? Say this feed drink Stage1 den nxt feed drink Stage2?

hi Xp, i was advised by doc to start on stage 1. i wanted to change to milk powder too but i dont think i can.. tried several times to dream-feed my 6 months old similac stage 1; when he tasted it, he pushed away the bottle. when he did manage to drink abt 50ml, he vomited out all the milk.. =="so now i have to cont breastfeeding and i can only mix 80ml bm with 20ml formula (1/3 spoonful similac powder). oh, i also tried giving bellamy and he vomited out even mixing with bm.

hi Xp, i was advised by doc to start on stage 1. i wanted to change to milk powder too but i dont think i can.. tried several times to dream-feed my 6 months old similac stage 1; when he tasted it, he pushed away the bottle. when he did manage to drink abt 50ml, he vomited out all the milk.. =="so now i have to cont breastfeeding and i can only mix 80ml bm with 20ml formula (1/3 spoonful similac powder). oh, i also tried giving bellamy and he vomited out even mixing with bm.
Dun mind me asking. But why r u not feeding your lo fully bm?

Dun mind me asking. But why r u not feeding your lo fully bm?

Hi joyfulgal,

Previously my supply dipped. I thot of slowly switching to formula after he turns 6mths. But now im back to pumping 5x a day to gain back supply; superrr tiring to wake up middle of the nite twice to pump as im working full time too. Looks like panda eyes gonna cont lol

Hi joyfulgal,

Previously my supply dipped. I thot of slowly switching to formula after he turns 6mths. But now im back to pumping 5x a day to gain back supply; superrr tiring to wake up middle of the nite twice to pump as im working full time too. Looks like panda eyes gonna cont lol
Ya man! I feel u! I'm also working full time. Need to pump during work time. After work pump once. After tat i just let my lo dl all the way. Have u tried those milk booster to help u gain back your supply?

Ya man! I feel u! I'm also working full time. Need to pump during work time. After work pump once. After tat i just let my lo dl all the way. Have u tried those milk booster to help u gain back your supply?

I didnt latch, juz pump all the way. I did try to eat oat with vco almost every morning, yuckiest taste ever! It didnt help coz i had blocked milk ducts due to irregular pumping time. Called my regular massage lady to unblock n stimulate so now my supply is back to normal.. Insufficient sleep is also back to normal lol

Morning mummies ~

Hi XP, I change to stage 2 when my baby turns 6 mth. U have to slowly transition from stage 1 to 2. Say usually u use 4 scoops of milk powder.
So now 1st day u put 3 scoop stage 1 + 1 scoop stage 2
2nd day: 2 scoop stage 1 + 2 scoop stage 2
3rd day; 1 scoop stage 1 + 3 scoop stage 2
4th day onwards: 4 scoops stage 2

Hi XP, I change to stage 2 when my baby turns 6 mth. U have to slowly transition from stage 1 to 2. Say usually u use 4 scoops of milk powder.
So now 1st day u put 3 scoop stage 1 + 1 scoop stage 2
2nd day: 2 scoop stage 1 + 2 scoop stage 2
3rd day; 1 scoop stage 1 + 3 scoop stage 2
4th day onwards: 4 scoops stage 2
Oh I see...like that de ah...

Den how yr baby react to it ah?

Coz I send my gal to infant care. Den the milk powder there is abt to finish also...so shld I still give Stage 1 to her school? Coz house use de still left half tin (1.8kg) ...sch use 900g..

Thank u for yr advice.. :)

Back