Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Im 17 weeks now and doc suddenly prescribe me progesterone again. He said is to support the lining. But i wondered17 weeks already, still need to support lining? I really dont feel like taking so much medi.

anyone coloured hairs during this period? any recommendation of salon in west or it is safe so long ammonia free?

Im 17 weeks now and doc suddenly prescribe me progesterone again. He said is to support the lining. But i wondered17 weeks already, still need to support lining? I really dont feel like taking so much medi.
u mean duphaston? Cos think twins ba that is why cross 20 weeks more stable..

He gave me the white round pills. I had that during post ET but insert. This time he asked me to take it orally.

hmm...u got the medication already so to say? Actually it is up to urself ... if u feel uncomfy to then dun take..17th weeks should actually be stable imo..

Hi ladies,
How long do you take duphaston after bfp? I only have one month supply but finishing soon.

U may need to visit the 24hrs O & G and get a prescription from the dr on duty to continue your duphaston? I am week 15 tomorrow and still taking till my consult with Dr HH Tan mid next month... he said dont stop.

Hi kymkym,

I have similar sharp pulling pain at my cervix and pelvis area at wk7 & wk8.
My gynae told me as long as there is no bleeding, it's fine. Uterus is expanding, this is normal.

But if u r still feeling uncomfortable,
Please arrange to see yr gynae for a scan soon.

Anyone has sharp pain a crevix area at w7?

Hi, I'm glad to be joining this group.
BFP for my FET, I'm now 5w :)
Many of u have given me a lot of encouragement over at the other thread, & I'm thankful for it.
Even after positive BT, I'm now worried about my 1st scan next week.

Sisters, suddenly my spotting comes back this morning... its brown blood but its much more than just spotting... its light bleeding. Shld i go to clinic get a jab or just took extra utrogestan n rest in bed? Dr asked me to take 1 duphaston n 2 utrogestan twice a day when i had spotting 1 week ago.

Sisters, suddenly my spotting comes back this morning... its brown blood but its much more than just spotting... its light bleeding. Shld i go to clinic get a jab or just took extra utrogestan n rest in bed? Dr asked me to take 1 duphaston n 2 utrogestan twice a day when i had spotting 1 week ago.
Go and see yr doctor. S/he may order something a different dose or perhaps change to progesterone jab. Best get professional advice.

Go and see yr doctor. S/he may order something a different dose or perhaps change to progesterone jab. Best get professional advice.

Thx ron. I think most gynae clinic close today. Will go to either tmc or mount a later. Hopefully nothing serious =(

Hi hi!! Just to check with those mum-to-be who were with NUH CHR. Did you see your Dr on the pregnancy blood test day when the result is positive? Or did you just collect the medicine and see dr another day??

Hi hi!! Just to check with those mum-to-be who were with NUH CHR. Did you see your Dr on the pregnancy blood test day when the result is positive? Or did you just collect the medicine and see dr another day??
hi! yes! I did see prof wong after bt, they will slot us in if bfp...he will then prescribe more supports and then we go collect the medication thereafter

May I ask who is yr doc, eeznyl?

I did ivf with dr tan hh under kkh. But its not possible to get last min appt with him so im seeing dr paul tseng at the same time. Now waiting to see him. Was reluctant to come as i wanted to wait till this wednesday for scan since last wed i still can't see the fetal pole. But my utrogestan run out so its fated... keep telling myself not to get affected if still can't see fetal pole today.

If u go for BT early in the morning, CHR nurses will be able to slot u in that same day.
I went too late that day, so I had to return the next morning instead.
Prof may not be available on some afternoons so make sure u have enough medicine support till u see him again.
All the best!

I didn't see my doctor after BT. Only saw at the scheduled scan 2 weeks later. But after results, had to go back clinic to pick up more medicines. For Dr Roland, his nurses manage patients & prescriptions from what I noticed. Guess with 3 clinics to run he needs these kind of adept nurses!

Eeznyl, congrats on hearing the heartbeat.....

Had my first child via IVF (dr HH Tan @ KKH) in Dec 2013.......now tested positive naturally...gng for scan on wed...hopefully everything is ok....also very gan cheong..coz only given folic acid..no progesterone meds like in ivf pregnancy....

Thanks sisters!!! Hope all of us here will have a smooth n healthy pregnancy!!

I've been fighting my hunger pangs for 2 weeks... every night woke up twice to eat something... if i endure i will feel so sick that i can't sleep. Every night force some milk or bread down my throat n sometimes will vomit out immediately n gotta eat again... but flip side of it, gynae told me its good sign. Can't wait for 2nd trimester!

Manage to hear the heartbeat today... its amazing! Was so happy that i teared up immediately. Finally can relax abit... have been so stressed up after getting bfp.
Congrats eeznyl for another hurdle crossed!! I'm in another TWW for my first scan... Argh!

I'm 5w+ now.
Having pulling at tummy & on and off a bit of pink spotting... Boobs not so tender anymore. NO other symptoms.
Is this normal??
Worried cos I don't feel pregnant. My 6w scan is only later this week.

Congrats eeznyl for another hurdle crossed!! I'm in another TWW for my first scan... Argh!

Congrats happy mtb!! I totally understand... its the longest tww of my life... longer than waiting for bfp! Haha... be positive... try to distract urself during this 2ww... everything will b fine!!

I'm 5w+ now.
Having pulling at tummy & on and off a bit of pink spotting... Boobs not so tender anymore. NO other symptoms.
Is this normal??
Worried cos I don't feel pregnant. My 6w scan is only later this week.

Ive been thru these... i even had very sharp pain n period like cramps with spotting. I see a gynae for a jab due to the spotting just for peace of mind n also took extra utrogestan together with duphaston during that period. If u dun feel gd... pls see a gynae. If not u will be constantly worrying. I had no tender boobs nor MS during my 5th week too... n i freaked out. But once i hit 6 weeks, i was hit badly by MS my boobs start to sore too. But i do haf frens that nv had sore boobs n MS thruout pregnancy so dun get too worry abt this.

IVF here too, I'm at 7w 6d today. I'm on tons of medicines! Gyne put me on steroids, aspirin, estrogen, duphaston and utrogestan as well as progesterone injections every 5 days. I started bleeding at 5w 5d so she increased my duphaston and utrogestan to 3 times a day instead of 2 and injections every 4 days.

I have lots of cramping and soreness, but thankfully no bleeding anymore! Did a scan yesterday and baby is fine with heartbeat so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.
As for symptoms, no terrible MS (just hunger), no terrible food cravings or aversions, my boobs aren't sore at all (just a bit the nipples), just sleep a lot and always so moody :)

IVF here too, I'm at 7w 6d today. I'm on tons of medicines! Gyne put me on steroids, aspirin, estrogen, duphaston and utrogestan as well as progesterone injections every 5 days. I started bleeding at 5w 5d so she increased my duphaston and utrogestan to 3 times a day instead of 2 and injections every 4 days.

I have lots of cramping and soreness, but thankfully no bleeding anymore! Did a scan yesterday and baby is fine with heartbeat so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.
As for symptoms, no terrible MS (just hunger), no terrible food cravings or aversions, my boobs aren't sore at all (just a bit the nipples), just sleep a lot and always so moody :)

Congrats!!! Thats really lotsa medication... but its worth it as long as can keep the little one!

i forgot to bring my duphaston to work, going to miss the morning dose...so i continue with my daily progynova only?

Last edited:
i forgot to bring my duphaston to work, going to miss the morning dose...so i continue with my daily progynova only?
Duphaston is for progesterone, Progynova is for lining... I don't think the 2 are directly related in any way that they have to be taken together.. Maybe call up to ask whether need to double night dose since u missed?

Yes. And no need to make up the dose later when you get home. Is ok to miss as these are just additional support unless you r high risk.
Thanks for the info! I didn't know!
Omg I double-dosed once when I missed, I still tried to "bluff my body" with a 2-hr interval LOL

Back