(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

hi mummies...unable to fall asleep maybe due to my nose being blocked..

i have been having runny nose, sneezing and slight headache since wed night..didnt wanna go to the doc coz i see no point but now it seems that im not getting well...n the headache remains...make me feel like i am having a fever at times but when i checked my temp...no fever..

do u think it is necessary for me go see a doc or shd i just wait it out?

I washed the baby clothes early in feb and then I ziplock them since its still too early. But I rather do early than later part when start to feel heavy.

Cloth diapers, first wash was early feb, then I staggered 2 weeks between the 2nd and 3rd wash. Then same, put them in ziplock. Next week will be starting to arrange all the baby stuffs on the shelves
I need to start washing bb clothes soon!

hi mummies...unable to fall asleep maybe due to my nose being blocked..

i have been having runny nose, sneezing and slight headache since wed night..didnt wanna go to the doc coz i see no point but now it seems that im not getting well...n the headache remains...make me feel like i am having a fever at times but when i checked my temp...no fever..

do u think it is necessary for me go see a doc or shd i just wait it out?
I would suggest seeing a doctor if you don't have medication to take.
I always medication at home on standby in my first aid kit. I have pregnancy safe medication like piriton(small yellow pill) it's an anti histamine and relieves sneezing, dantzen and regular paracetamol/panadol for cold, cough, headache and body ache and also this ivy leaf thingie sore throat syrup for kids and pregnant mothers.
Drink more water and take water with lemon and if you have organic honey can add a teaspoon. Or place like a pinch or two of sea salt into warm water to gargle your mouth and throat for sore throat if it hurts.
Hope you get better soon, falling sick when preggo sucks balls big time!

Oh.. u already have a breastpump.. I heard for the parts u can also use the baby bottle sterilizer...

I bought the spectra dual pump on the previous baby fair cos got alot freebies.. but the cheapest model @ $99 was sold out when I went so I bought the next model. I asked for feedback from my friend who just gave birth about 5 months ago and review is good...

Medala seems to be a more branded brand so the price is also higher. .

@AngelDustV - did you get the spectra M1 dual pump?

I will really recomend getting double pump. Imagine waking up 2 times a nite pumping 20-30min one side then the next side… and somemore one side will drip… very messy and wasteful.

I borrowed Avent single pump frm sil before getting Medela freestyle. Dont really like it. I think e price for Avent is similar to Spectra which many are raving about, maybe go check it out?

I think i will check out Spectra breast pump esp with the attractive price. My cousin gave me a Ameda dual breast pump but since i have to send it for servicing and change some parts, which will cost me $150 over. I might as well get a new one....

I get what you mean about those rompers/body suits!! Think I've got an over supply of 0-3mths, got to start stocking up on 3mths onwards from now... So I've got a strict ban on buying clothes for now :D

me too, i think i bought too many clothes for 0-3 months :| need to stop buying for now...but those rompers are so cute!!

Gawd I'm feeling scared thinking of the vaccinations. I hate injections in general. I think I will cry next time when I bring my baby for immunization jabs. Gulps. What's the difference between 5 in 1 and 6 in 1?
I'm guessing the hospital will let us know which months to bring the baby for the jabs yeah??

The health booklet will state the kind of jabs available, and PD or the nurses at ur selected clinic will explain which mth and all. Till now i never c my kid being injected, i will have giddy spells.. haha. But beginning when they did test for jaundice or other vaccinations, wen bb cry, i think all mom heart will sink...the cries seems painful. But some kids can tahan and slp thru..

What do u gals get for baby cleanser... bombard with so many brands... biolane, mustela etc.

I been using sudzy, tried mustela too.. i tink for newborn as long soapfree is good enuff for their gentle skin. As long no allergy like rash or spots just continue using same brand instead of changing. When they are older like 1+ or 2 den maybe den u may wanna try other brands.

And also do note if bb develops cradle cap, to use the special shampoo to target the scalp.. normal shampoo hardly helps de

I always medication at home on standby in my first aid kit. I have pregnancy safe medication like piriton(small yellow pill) it's an anti histamine and relieves sneezing, dantzen and regular paracetamol/panadol for cold, cough, headache and body ache and also this ivy leaf thingie sore throat syrup for kids and pregnant mothers.
Drink more water and take water with lemon and if you have organic honey can add a teaspoon. Or place like a pinch or two of sea salt into warm water to gargle your mouth and throat for sore throat if it hurts.

I used to catch flu, cough, fever bug before preggy.. but during prenancy.. it seems like I have stronger immunity for these sickness.. so weird. .

Maybe really have to drink more water and sleep more.. then intake the daily multivitamins given. . Then immunity stronger..

I think minor sickness is still acceptable (although those muscle sore and cramps are sometimes very nerve wreaking) and I thought medication during prenancy should be controlled to the lowest . The worst I heard is getting chicken pox during pregnancy.:confused:

When is ur nxt appt? In 3 wks time?
So week 32 pay doctor fee deposit yeah? My gynae said he will make room reservation when I went this week. He didn't mention abt his fees yet. So I guess when I see him nxt at 32 wks in 3 wks time he will mention it..
I'm beginning to feel abit scared..

My next appt is in a mth's time, then hv to pay deposit le. Was given my gynae's fees + estimated bill for e different beds. Gosh everything really went up hor. Fyi total bill oso incl baby's stay and pd bills, food etc. Add up everything estimated 5k-6k for 2nites stay at TMC, and dats normal vaginal delivery.

I guess the 6k cash govt gives us all spent on delivery haha.

one of my friend told me spectra 9+ is better - how much did you pay for it may i know?

I haven't started using so I cannot review whether is it better..

I just checked online.. ooh.. m1 should be the one that my colleague is using.. which is the one selling $99 (promo price) with freebies and was sold out... so bought the 9+ instead but my hubby paying so I din record down the price.. hahaa if i din remember wrongly should be $138 or around there (also promo price ).. think only during fairs then can get that pricing. .. else shd be much more exp.. there is another bigger version that they say can pump out more milk.. hospital standard version..

Found a utube video on the comparison between 3 pumps..:

The health booklet will state the kind of jabs available, and PD or the nurses at ur selected clinic will explain which mth and all. Till now i never c my kid being injected, i will have giddy spells.. haha. But beginning when they did test for jaundice or other vaccinations, wen bb cry, i think all mom heart will sink...the cries seems painful. But some kids can tahan and slp thru..

Yup the nurses and pd will explain all e vaccination packages, we just signed up for one when e time came. Can also choose e polyclinic option instead of pd, infants got priority queue.

Initially when my gal cry during her jaundice test and vaccinations i oso wanted to cry cos so pitiful! First time mom so very emo. But newborns are really tougher than we realised. Subsequently she was very brave and didnt cry much. I hope my bb boy will oso be as gungho as his sister.

I haven't started using so I cannot review whether is it better..

I just checked online.. ooh.. m1 should be the one that my colleague is using.. which is the one selling $99 (promo price) with freebies and was sold out... so bought the 9+ instead but my hubby paying so I din record down the price.. hahaa if i din remember wrongly should be $138 or around there (also promo price ).. think only during fairs then can get that pricing. .. else shd be much more exp.. there is another bigger version that they say can pump out more milk.. hospital standard version..

Found a utube video on the comparison between 3 pumps..:
ok thanks! i will wait for the bb fair next month to get it!

Yup, i on air-con 24/7 when i was doing confinement for my #1. it was in May as well. So was very hot. My confinement lady was fine with it as she says only no fan allowed. So I wasn't feeling sticky or anything with the air con so I just use the herbal water to wipe myself for the 1st 2 weeks and then started bathing and washing hair from the 3rd week onwards once every few days.
wow so your #1 and #2 will have birthdays close together?
I'm impressed you can tahan 2 weeks never wash hair. even with aircon, wun the hair become limp and oily?
When is ur nxt appt? In 3 wks time?
So week 32 pay doctor fee deposit yeah? My gynae said he will make room reservation when I went this week. He didn't mention abt his fees yet. So I guess when I see him nxt at 32 wks in 3 wks time he will mention it..
I'm beginning to feel abit scared..
think it depends on the gynae/hospital. mine asked for deposit at wek 28... but i wasn't ready so next visit at week 32 then pay... here marks the start of lots of payments!! >.<

wow so your #1 and #2 will have birthdays close together?
I'm impressed you can tahan 2 weeks never wash hair. even with aircon, wun the hair become limp and oily?

think it depends on the gynae/hospital. mine asked for deposit at wek 28... but i wasn't ready so next visit at week 32 then pay... here marks the start of lots of payments!! >.<
Hahaha yeah payments done then it's over.
But I can't seem to shrug off my fear of delivery.
Everyday I'm beginning to feel scared as EDD comes closer..

Yup the nurses and pd will explain all e vaccination packages, we just signed up for one when e time came. Can also choose e polyclinic option instead of pd, infants got priority queue.

Initially when my gal cry during her jaundice test and vaccinations i oso wanted to cry cos so pitiful! First time mom so very emo. But newborns are really tougher than we realised. Subsequently she was very brave and didnt cry much. I hope my bb boy will oso be as gungho as his sister.
I saw a video where the baby stare at the mother when kena inject. Like why you let this woman poke me! Lolz

angeldustV, I might be getting Spectra S1 (hospital grade) type. I think there is a baby fair early next month in Expo, is this the fair you are referring to? I did not buy at the previous babycare fair in suntec as it was sold out and if order got no freebies.

angeldustV, I might be getting Spectra S1 (hospital grade) type. I think there is a baby fair early next month in Expo, is this the fair you are referring to? I did not buy at the previous babycare fair in suntec as it was sold out and if order got no freebies.
I went to that suntec fair in jan.. only the m1 was sold out.. the hospital grade I think they have 2 versions; one blue and one pink (forgot the difference)..

Last edited:
angeldustV, yeah hospital grade got S1 and S2, the only difference is that 1 comes with battery compartment and 1 does not have.

If its any consolation, to me delivery (w epidural of cos) is less painful than breastfeeding.

Okayyy maybe dat doesnt help lololol…

If its any consolation, to me delivery (w epidural of cos) is less painful than breastfeeding.

Okayyy maybe dat doesnt help lololol…

Hahahaa.... ya kind of doesn't help neh.. I din know breastfeeding is more painful than giving birth with epidural.. and ironically, the 1st thing my hubby bought for me is breastpump:eek: so it's not a treat but trick..:confused:

Lol breastfeeding is really technique and lots of perservances, comes with bleeding too! Was half hearted and gave up... But the bonding js incredible...

@furbee
I book Mdm Ida for prenatal today but last min she cancel say she not feeling well
I also book her for post natal , do think she she will last min cancel during our post natal?

Hahahaa.... ya kind of doesn't help neh.. I din know breastfeeding is more painful than giving birth with epidural.. and ironically, the 1st thing my hubby bought for me is breastpump:eek: so it's not a treat but trick..:confused:

Like @furbee said, breastfeeding is all about perseverance over a period of time whereby nipples crack, boobs r swollen and sore, lack of sleep… compared to a one time delivery.

Im really not making this better hahaha…

@cynn04 .. woah. . I think I mine is the lower part of the leg.. not the thigh yet.. but it's like both legs together.

Great morning for me today cos I normally wake after noon on non-working weekend. Today will be shopping day for baby detergent. .. hahaa.. going source around and checkout price. . These are not available in the upcoming baby fair right? Hmmm... haven't decide on what baby bottle brand to use either... since hoping that I can direct latch on the baby..

U should try compression socks man. I had calf cramps but now really no more or even if I feel like it's coming on when I'm sleeping it's goes away. I can feel it bugging off. Happy with my socks! :)

Any mummies experience white color discharge at week 30? I just had. Very worried. Is it normal?
Like squirt out whitish watery discharge? I have that almost daily and its normal. Unless it's like cottage cheese or got smell then my gynae said its yeast infection or bacteria and need to fix it

@furbee
I book Mdm Ida for prenatal today but last min she cancel say she not feeling well
I also book her for post natal , do think she she will last min cancel during our post natal?

I normally use Zaliah, so far zaliah only late (but will infd), Ida from what i know she stays in JB (year 2011), now i not sure leh.. But online review for ida is v gd
Typo of names earlier...
Hamidah 1st time trying this coming may.

Last edited:
thanks!! :)
N yes it sucks big time!! In the end went to see the doc coz didnt know which meds is pregnancy safe..got better but nose still blocked...almost 5 days alrdy..hopefully it all goes away real soon...

How can one so tiny have so many things and clothes! Omg been washing n washing yesterday n today. Doesn't seems to end...lol

I KNOW RIGHT!!!! The mittens and the booties are the worst man!! So small and so hard to arrange! Headache man!

My next appt is in a mth's time, then hv to pay deposit le. Was given my gynae's fees + estimated bill for e different beds. Gosh everything really went up hor. Fyi total bill oso incl baby's stay and pd bills, food etc. Add up everything estimated 5k-6k for 2nites stay at TMC, and dats normal vaginal delivery.

I guess the 6k cash govt gives us all spent on delivery haha.

Govt is giving us 6K cash???
I thought there was the option of using our medisave or something to deduct frm the overall hospitalisation stay?? Hmm.

Thinking of TMC as well, most likely opting for 1 bedder. When's ur EDD?

Went for my first childbirth edu class yesterday and the topic was on labour. Was greeted with a video of a woman halfway in delivery and the baby's crowning at her vagina. Did breathing exercises, etc. Not sure if that helped me to be more prepared or not.

Are u opting for natural (epidural?) or csect?

I heard of the free upgrade in TMC but usually is only from 4-bedder to 2-bedder. No 2-bedder to single... :(
That's unfortunate... Hmm. Have spoken to hubs and he wants to stay with me in the hospital as well... So I'll most likely go for one bedder. I'll be doing the hospital tour next wk, so I'll have a better idea of what's being offered then..

Back