IVF/ICSI Support Group

I understand how U feel especially with our age we can't afford to slowly try again n again. Safe fertility in bkk is very famous for pgd testing and they have many international patient. TMC kL n sunfert kl also do pgd n many Singaporean did there. Anyway hope u don't have to go through this route. All the best for your FET. Every embryo is diff so U never know this cycle may be the one for U.
thank u jumbo girl for the info. i will slowly find out more . thanks ya

mqiu, all the best, hope u see something on your next scanning . if they cannot see anything they shd immediately scan the surrounding for ectopic already.
Wenrt for scan and saw nothing, even with vaginal. Likely ectopic. Devastated
mqiu u r at whc stage of the pregnancy ? if 6 weeks mayb stil bit early to see .7th week wil be more accurate . when u said saw nothing ,did u mean see no sac, see no yolk sac or see no heartbeat?all the best and pray

Thanks for the info ladies!

I googled bangkok ivf sg.. there will be articles already

There's a good one in KL. My gf succeeded twice in her 2 attempts despite countless failure in SG. Her gynae in Mt e recommended. Google for dato Colin clinic in KL. She flies that in morning then come bk same day after scan or medication. She only stayed there for 2 wks after ER and ET. There's accommodation opp the clinic. They will assist of u ask.

I understand how U feel especially with our age we can't afford to slowly try again n again. Safe fertility in bkk is very famous for pgd testing and they have many international patient. TMC kL n sunfert kl also do pgd n many Singaporean did there. Anyway hope u don't have to go through this route. All the best for your FET. Every embryo is diff so U never know this cycle may be the one for U.

Sometimes, instead of 2ww. It should be 4ww. Cos only after 4 weeks, then can really confirm viable or not viable pregnancy.

I dun feel stress. Wasn't putting my expectation very high. I jus hope for good quality eggs n embryos! There goes to all of us.

mqiu, all the best, hope u see something on your next scanning . if they cannot see anything they shd immediately scan the surrounding for ectopic already.

mqiu u r at whc stage of the pregnancy ? if 6 weeks mayb stil bit early to see .7th week wil be more accurate . when u said saw nothing ,did u mean see no sac, see no yolk sac or see no heartbeat?all the best and pray
Thanks all. Appreciate it. Im scheduled for another scan next week cos doc didnt see anything at all inside the uterus. Hopefully cos too early but nothing on vaginal either so I dun dare to have much hope

Thanks all. Appreciate it. Im scheduled for another scan next week cos doc didnt see anything at all inside the uterus. Hopefully cos too early but nothing on vaginal either so I dun dare to have much hope
Easiest way is go for blood tests... for ectopic the hcg will not double as fast as healthy pregs

Sound advice. Is it possible for me to go to kkh, gp or polyclinic to do such a blood test?
private might be easier and faster as the result is available at 1pm if you do the bloodtest in morning. you can just walk in and mention that you think you are pregnant and want a hcg blood test. abt 150 - 200 for private

Hi mqiu.. I had 2 ectopic b4..
So just to share .. General guideline.. If your hcg is above 1000 or 1500 (diff doc use diff cutoff) , should expect to see something in uterus. So if yours is still below this number , there is still hope..

Last edited:
Who is ur dr? Usually he or she would order those tests for u... if he didn't just tell him u wanna do it.
Hi mqiu.. I had 2 ectopic b4..
So just to share .. General guideline.. If your hcg is above 1000 or 1500 (diff doc use diff cutoff) , should expect to see something in uterus. So if yours is still below this number , there is still hope..
Thanks maybe will ask for blood test next week when I see my doc. If I can last that long haha.

I'm back.. if some of you could rem me being here early jan 15. I have 2 failed iuis and i failed ivf in Dec 14. Booked my 2nd cycle in apr in kkh. I'm not sure is it good idea to totally give up of conceiving and move on. I feel cos my infertility, I'm stuck here in my life. I'm hoping to resign from my current job cos no prospects at all but bcos of my ivf I got to hold back till Aug. I'm reaching 40 this Aug. I know I only failed one ivf cycle but day to day, my mind is very taxing over it. I find life is not as meaningful like before when I haven started my conception journey. I find it very difficult to share my true jealousy feelings even to my closest friend and sis. Maybe its my pride. Every thing keeps bottling up. Recently, i saw 1 of my fbk friend posted and complained that she often needed to demand ppl to offer her the priority seat. When I read it, i feel frustrated. I know she did nothing wrong as a matter of fact. But my jealous feelings activated again. I think my over thinking is getting control over my emotions. To add on to my stress, me and hubby are also trying naturally but almost 50% if the time, my husband can't get it long enough to be successful. I was like .. the chance jus slipped off like that. He's healthy but we aren't sure if it's his psychologically or hidden issue with him physically.

Haiz.. feel better.

anyone tot of going overseas to do ivf? thinking of doing so if my next cycle fail again. only doing overseas can i be sure of putting in good quality embryos.singapore doesnt allow genetic testings and i dunno how many failures i can afford before i am lucky enuf to put in a normal embryo. at my age even blastocyst also can turned out to be defective ones. this new virtus fertility centre kind of mislead people into thinking that they r able to help u do the test by doing it in australia.i called them to ask and they said they are finding ways to do it but nothing concrete or confirmed yet. then y put in their website saying 'if u choose to undertake a PGD procedure, your embryos wil b tested at our internationally recognised PGD progm in australia. PGD is offerd in conjunction with an ivf cycle' .so angry. i feedback to them and they said they wil look into having a bettr explantion in their website.chey...

I can totally understand how u feel.. Totally support decision if u can find a gd clinic in KL or BKK to do it.

It's just too painful to go thru the chromosome story for me.. To be honest I have quite gd IVF cycles. But the pain of going thru the loss aft a bfp is worst than failing a cycle. I still have 3 more frozen. N depending on how this pregnancy goes, I will request dr Yu for a PGD approval from MOH. If it's rejected I will prob discard the 3 snow babies cux it's just too painful to go thru any possible losses.

I'm back.. if some of you could rem me being here early jan 15. I have 2 failed iuis and i failed ivf in Dec 14. Booked my 2nd cycle in apr in kkh. I'm not sure is it good idea to totally give up of conceiving and move on. I feel cos my infertility, I'm stuck here in my life. I'm hoping to resign from my current job cos no prospects at all but bcos of my ivf I got to hold back till Aug. I'm reaching 40 this Aug. I know I only failed one ivf cycle but day to day, my mind is very taxing over it. I find life is not as meaningful like before when I haven started my conception journey. I find it very difficult to share my true jealousy feelings even to my closest friend and sis. Maybe its my pride. Every thing keeps bottling up. Recently, i saw 1 of my fbk friend posted and complained that she often needed to demand ppl to offer her the priority seat. When I read it, i feel frustrated. I know she did nothing wrong as a matter of fact. But my jealous feelings activated again. I think my over thinking is getting control over my emotions. To add on to my stress, me and hubby are also trying naturally but almost 50% if the time, my husband can't get it long enough to be successful. I was like .. the chance jus slipped off like that. He's healthy but we aren't sure if it's his psychologically or hidden issue with him physically.

Haiz.. feel better.

*hugs*.. TTC is stressful. Perhaps don't tell him when it's The Day?

Haiz.. feel better.
Hugs... I understand how u feel. I been thru almost all the same crap as u.
These are all normal feelings. But if u think it's affecting u so much, why not see a counsellor?
I personally feel more stressful trying natural. During ivf, we were happier cos at least we knew our chances are higher.
BTW Hubby's SA results also came back wwayyyy better when we were IVFing. I really think it's stress factor cos past few years we go TCM also never seen this good SA result.
I read an article that said "Many people are fighting infertility, and they are fighting it one day at a time" How true...

I don't think there is a 'fixed' time but really up to your comfort level. Just listen to your body.

For me, after bfn (AF), I had bad cramps for first 5 days and I couldn't exercise. Then after that I felt I was up for yoga and brisk walking. Then recently (day 7) I think I 'over-did' some of the yoga poses and felt some cramps , so I immediately stop and did some light stretching instead. Today (day8) I feel fine again.

Thank you kitty16:)

Haiz.. feel better.
Littlejo, I can feel you. Had the same problem with hubby. I even arrange for him to see urologist but doc say he is ok. It's psychological effect. The performance anxiety. So now I don't tell hubby that it's the day. I just have to try and initiate. Like remembeRainbow, I also felt happier during ivf than trying natural cos it's stressful and worst when he gets his performance anxiety, it ended up being unsuccessful and both of us ended up upset. Now at least try natural or getting intimate is not so stressful.

There are a lot of people out there who always make remarks that sound insensitive. If u feel u need time alone, just be kind to yourself and walk away. What u see on facebook maybe just quickly scroll through.. Dun read in details.

U can come here to rant, we will provide listening ear. :)

Jus had my first scan after 8 days stim. Before Stim start saw 8 folicles, after Stim start only 4 follicles... Haiz. So sad. 3rd fresh liao... I guess no frozen again... Jus hope quality is good. Quality more impt than quantity...

Hi tsf0205, I got only 6-8 follicles throughout the stim period but on ER doc managed to retrieve 14 follicles.. So dun worry too much..you may have more eggs retrieved than u scan. Jia you!

Littlejo, I can feel you. Had the same problem with hubby. I even arrange for him to see urologist but doc say he is ok. It's psychological effect. The performance anxiety. So now I don't tell hubby that it's the day. I just have to try and initiate. Like remembeRainbow, I also felt happier during ivf than trying natural cos it's stressful and worst when he gets his performance anxiety, it ended up being unsuccessful and both of us ended up upset. Now at least try natural or getting intimate is not so stressful.

There are a lot of people out there who always make remarks that sound insensitive. If u feel u need time alone, just be kind to yourself and walk away. What u see on facebook maybe just quickly scroll through.. Dun read in details.

U can come here to rant, we will provide listening ear. :)
Try to get some hobbies and focus on somethings u like to do tgt with hb rather than make ur life abt ttc. Easier said than done I know. But gotta make effort. Go on holiday. Take up a new hobby or sport. Anything that require ur focus and attention so u stop dwelling so much.

Tv ch 5 is showing fertility show now-body n soul. Dr loh is invited to e show lol

Hahha was abt to tell the sisters here too! Gosh the guest had produce his sperm sample for the show.. And Dr Loh reply dunno want to laugh or what.. "It's been a while since I have seen such active and gd sperm quality" something like that lah.. I told hb cos the sperm he has been seeing all require ivf so naturally not so ideal loh.. Lol

I can totally understand how u feel.. Totally support decision if u can find a gd clinic in KL or BKK to do it.

It's just too painful to go thru the chromosome story for me.. To be honest I have quite gd IVF cycles. But the pain of going thru the loss aft a bfp is worst than failing a cycle. I still have 3 more frozen. N depending on how this pregnancy goes, I will request dr Yu for a PGD approval from MOH. If it's rejected I will prob discard the 3 snow babies cux it's just too painful to go thru any possible losses.
hopeful78, Dr Y can help us seek moh approval meh? she asked me to appeal so that more voices are heard and hopefully one day MOH will approve. but she said no one succeeded before ley, unless if that person has a serious illness like cancer . pls tell me more if u knw of ways to appeal or heard of anyone doing that succcessfully.
I understand the pain of the loss aftr bpf..it cuts like a knife..
u stil have 3 frozen and that is one gd news ley.
dont discard the 3 frozen embryos la..keep keep first

Haiz.. feel better.
hugz little jo, i also knw hw u feel....becos of ivf, i put my job on hold , to rest my body to ensure it has best chance for bfp.morale becme damn low with no job satisfaction and spending power also lower. no regrets though as money and job can wait, my body clock cannt wait and starting a family is my top priority.
nothing to be ashame of la, cos it is natural that we cannot be really excited or happy for otr preggies when we ourselves r having so much difficulties in conceiving. as i have shared in the miscarriage forum, i didnt even expect this particular fren of mine to be happy for me when i got pregnant the last cycle. how can i be so cruel to want her to be happy for me when she has been trying for 10 yrs and failed 3 ivf? and when i miscarried , i broke the news to her not to seek any comforting words from her, but to let her knw that she is not alone ,i too have difficulties , and that it is also tough for me and we shd encourage each otr to push on
Nowadays i see preggies i super buay song, i told myself to look away, cos i hate myself tht i had become such a selfish person.i keep telling myself that i cannot let myself fall into this trap of bitterness.im trying hard nt to be bitter about other peoples happiness. of all u knw, they also had a hard time getting there. anyways , even if they get pregnant easily, that is their blessings.i need not be happy for them but at least i shd try not to be bitter. i try to force myself to have happy tots and not bitter tots and i feel it is not so difficult now for me to look at preggies and babies anymore
As for your hubby, i think ivf takes away alot of a couple's intimacy.both also stressed up .all the best littlejo

There's a good one in KL. My gf succeeded twice in her 2 attempts despite countless failure in SG. Her gynae in Mt e recommended. Google for dato Colin clinic in KL. She flies that in morning then come bk same day after scan or medication. She only stayed there for 2 wks after ER and ET. There's accommodation opp the clinic. They will assist of u ask.
thank u jklim, long time no see u in this forum. i used to read your postings when i was stil a silent reader and gained alot of knowledge from all that u have shared .i know u have stopped wanting to try for another kid liao, thanks for dropping by .take care!

hi ladies,
Which stimulation drug is better? Puregon or gonal f? I searched the Internet and saw a few websites where they mentioned that puregon is more effective. I think my gynae's suggestion is gonal f. Can I request to change? Thanks.

hopeful78, Dr Y can help us seek moh approval meh? she asked me to appeal so that more voices are heard and hopefully one day MOH will approve. but she said no one succeeded before ley, unless if that person has a serious illness like cancer . pls tell me more if u knw of ways to appeal or heard of anyone doing that succcessfully.
I understand the pain of the loss aftr bpf..it cuts like a knife..
u stil have 3 frozen and that is one gd news ley.
dont discard the 3 frozen embryos la..keep keep first

Hahaha.. I dunno. But no harm asking. If I appeal it will be for my case n prob not a request to MOH to change the policy. I heard of someone who had gotten MOH approval to do the test. True enuff. Out of the whole big batch of embryos only 1 is chromosome problem free. So she put in 1 n finally bfp..

I paid for 1 yr storage le. So will decide nx yr when the renewal time is due.

Haiz.. feel better.
Totally understand....but dun lose hope. I gave up when I failed my fresh ivf with 2 fet in 06 when age 33. Then in 14, saw successful cases from friend and colleagues who did ivf in kk so I tried and did ET in jan 15. Now I am 8th week preggy at age 41! So dun lose hope.

Went to my tcm last night and told him on my day 8 scan results

Right : 9.5, 6, 5
Left : 12

He say... At most 2 eggs... So sad...

though it's still early and I know quality matters more than quantity. Somehow, I still felt really upset and cried.

Haiz... Hubby can't understand y I feel stress... Well, with a 3rd fresh and both of us with fertility problems, and still trying for a number 1... Sometimes it jus feels unfair... When u hear news of ppl abandoning babies... While we r struggling to just have 1....

hi ladies,
Which stimulation drug is better? Puregon or gonal f? I searched the Internet and saw a few websites where they mentioned that puregon is more effective. I think my gynae's suggestion is gonal f. Can I request to change? Thanks.
Oceandeep,i tried gonalf for 1st cycle n puregon for 2nd cycle. They are similar i think but gonalf works better for me. I yield more eggs(14) with 2 above avg quality with gonal f. Puregon 10 eggs no good quality. Both time injected with similar dose

it depends on individual.

In terms of e preparation for pen, Gonal f pen is assembled n just inject. Puregon u need to put in e cartridge.

Understand your feelings, tsf. I am also trying for #1 at this age but this is my first Ivf. I hope your final scan results will be the unexpected. I too get irritated when people around me kept talking about their children. It's like they know you don't have and kept rubbing onto it. Sigh. Negativity again.
TGIF Everyone!!

though it's still early and I know quality matters more than quantity. Somehow, I still felt really upset and cried.

Haiz... Hubby can't understand y I feel stress... Well, with a 3rd fresh and both of us with fertility problems, and still trying for a number 1... Sometimes it jus feels unfair... When u hear news of ppl abandoning babies... While we r struggling to just have 1....
Tsf0205, i totally can understand u...i was v upset n almost cried when the doctor told me "ur eggs are not growing as expected n we need to increase ur dosage" during my day 5 scan...n my hb oso tell me take it easy...sigh!!!

Tsf0205, i totally can understand u...i was v upset n almost cried when the doctor told me "ur eggs are not growing as expected n we need to increase ur dosage" during my day 5 scan...n my hb oso tell me take it easy...sigh!!!
jas249, u still can increase dose, can expect better result later.... I'm at the max dose and this is the result I'm getting...

jas249, u still can increase dose, can expect better result later.... I'm at the max dose and this is the result I'm getting...
Gal,try to relax first. Since there is nothing much to be done now. Stress will make it worse. Take a deep breathe n maybi focus thoughts on other things for the time being.

Stay positive

Tsf, dun b discourage. U bfp b4 so at least u know there's no problem for implantation. U just need 1 embryo to bfp. Good luck! I will be lurking ard to wait for ur gd news n of cos good news from all the ladies here!

hi ladies,
for me all my cycles use puregon ..last one cycle doc initially wanted gonf for me but I requested for puregon as I was familiar with the usage and he was fine with changing..

babyloveyou, DE as in germany?can share wat did your dr say abt the pros of doing ivf in bkk and DE?thnks
DE as in donor eggs. As my eggs are mostly dark and grainy according to her so its either I do overseas like BKK where they can do more tests on my eggs before ET or if I want to still do in SG, I can consider donor eggs but I have to find my own donor. Either way its more $$$.

Hi tsf, totally understand your feeling. I've extremely low amh thus had great difficulties growing follicles. I had 3 aborted cycles before due to follicles not growing at all. I was devastated each time. The scan at D5 is always nerve wrecking as it determines whether any follicles growing and whether I can proceed with the cycle or not. Sadly, I had to terminate the cycle for 3 consecutive times.
So dun be despair. You have 4 growing follicles and 2 eggs is enough as you only need one to succeed. I had my gal thru IVF in 2010. At that time, I only retrieved 2 eggs and only one fertilized and transfered and I strike! So chin up, look forward to your next scan and proceed to the next stage with confident . You must have confident in yourself and especially your embryos. Trust them that they will grow well.
All the best to you ya!!

Back