(2014) ivf mummies support group

Hi,
I'm 2014 ivf mummy too,,... I'm surprise that this thread is so active lol... my boy was borned in jan 2014.
Hi Lynhope, I think this thread is so active because we all bfp and gave birth around the same time. So a lot of things to share I guess. But this thread has been quiet for a while already.

Haha i think this thread will still be active as we are all sharing things at different stages as we progress.i have got so much to talk about.

yeah.. i m goin back work liao.. tryin 2touch up for myself.. new phase, new challenges, more thgs 2look 4ward!!

4 months can start some cereal already.
My mum will be helping me to take care for 1 year. Then next year go childcare.

Ya theory say 6 mths some 4 mths introduce liao but i gg give 6 mths also just let them concentrate on drinking milk for time being. Time really flies mummies, soon our baby hitting their 1yr mark and we will talk about where to hold their big 1 venue.

Haha when they 9 months we can talk about planning birthday party already. Anyone working on 2nd pregnancy haha.
Kkh got one shop gave me this holle cereal mix for 4 months so i canmix like 1 teaspoon with her milk just for one meal slowly a bit abit introducing some more thicker food to her hehe..

Haha when they 9 months we can talk about planning birthday party already. Anyone working on 2nd pregnancy haha.
Kkh got one shop gave me this holle cereal mix for 4 months so i canmix like 1 teaspoon with her milk just for one meal slowly a bit abit introducing some more thicker food to her hehe..
Lynn, I wish I am... but too old to hv #2... ;p

my mum keep sayin add brown rice powder 2night feed once baby turns 4m so wun wak up 4night feed.. but i m kinda reserved.. mayb once baby can sit then i will intro non-milk... not thinkin of num#2.. no frosties n no energy 2go kkivf to fight for q# 001 now...

joy, do wat u r comfortable with.
I do heard ppl adding cereal into milk during last feed hoping baby can sttn, but it does not work for every baby.
My boy sttn with bm but not fm where everyone says fm is more filling. By the way, I weave off his night feed by giving pacifier when he is 2mth old ;p

Joy now that U mention fight for q #1 i remember those days. Everyone there is rushing trying to finish aptm and going to work. Room 1 to scan then wait review. Then go pharmacy collect medicine. Probably hoping won't meet any familiar faces there.

Lynhope I also quite keen in making avocado purée when I introduce solids to them. I may just start with giving purée maybe cereals later. Haven't go read about those yet.

Anyone around? Can we warm breast milk more than one time? Just started bottle feed again to prepare her for ifc.

bb_hc, U mean put back to fridge then warm up again?? I heard some mummies do tat but not common. Personally, i dun, I more kiasi... heartpain the milk .. but its FREE ;p
If baby drink halfway, I will keep warm and try to let him finish within 1 hr.

Joy now that U mention fight for q #1 i remember those days. Everyone there is rushing trying to finish aptm and going to work. Room 1 to scan then wait review. Then go pharmacy collect medicine. Probably hoping won't meet any familiar faces there.

Lynhope I also quite keen in making avocado purée when I introduce solids to them. I may just start with giving purée maybe cereals later. Haven't go read about those yet.
iwahb, avocado is good fats... ;) remember the 3 days rule... must feed the same food for 3 days to check allergic. hope ur baby will like it :)

bb_hc, U mean put back to fridge then warm up again?? I heard some mummies do tat but not common. Personally, i dun, I more kiasi... heartpain the milk .. but its FREE ;p
If baby drink halfway, I will keep warm and try to let him finish within 1 hr.
Thanks. Baby don't seems to enjoy frozen milk. Don't know whether it's the teat problem or the milk taste or the temperature.

Mine is myfirstskool. But i have cancel already. For me my family can't bear to see baby going to ifc. So my poor mum will try to take care for 1 more yr then next yr this period will be 18 months so will send her to cherie heart childcare

before this week latch breast feedin. this week onwards ebm bottle @infant care, latch @hm..

how abt u faith? ur girl 4m liao?

Wah joy, your baby good weight. Boy right? Mine last month weight only 5.5kg. Now mine 4m plus already wondering how heavy. She is going to weight this week as got injection.

before this week latch breast feedin. this week onwards ebm bottle @infant care, latch @hm..

how abt u faith? ur girl 4m liao?
My girl was 6.3 kg on 4 Mar. 12 Feb she was 5.94 kg. Think she didn't gain much in this 1 month. I'm super worried and now trying to bottle feed her.

My girls very light only coming 5mths this mth but only 6.1-6.2kg. Well they are small to begin with. I bottle feed them throughout but their weight gain is slow. Started ifc and I somehow feel that they lost weight. My girls bottle feed half way will fuss so I feel the ifc teachers won't have patient like us keep bluffing and feeding till they finish so I confirm they there won't finish the milk. My ifc is sparkle tots under govt.

Lynhope thxs for the 3 days rule seriously I got no idea about This.

My younger girl haven't flipped yet don't know why so late yet haven't progress. Elder flipped already. Only know how to turn once then stay there. Doesn't know how to flip back.

Faithfullyours maybe your girl always comfort latch? My younger girl I will latch during night time before bed and in between if she move around during sleep but I know she comfort latch only cause very fast she stop and sleep.

My girl rejects bottle the moment my CL went back. Ever since she has never been bottle fed. We bought Nuk glass bottle and tried for 1.5 days before she accepts it again.

Yeah i am using nuk too. At least she will not spilt out the milk and make her drink. Btw ladies just to share some tips which i only now then know until my few mummies friends told me. If your baby happen to have flu or cough. Try cutting red onion and place in the room. When they smell will help in their flu or cough.

i usually fill abt 100ml to 120ml per bottle.. baby usually tak 2 feed per day, finish everything in the bottle.. i send 3 to 4 bottle, depending on how long i let baby spend at infant care.

for next few weeks, for full day at infant care, i will send 4bottles 1st.. see how much baby takes..

i dun really know how much i can pump.. i jus make sure i hav sufficient for next day @infant care i dun do new pumpin session, unless feel engorged.. sometimes i even mix odd bits left from different day pump session to make up 1 feed. then i label that mix bottle as 1st feed for ifc..

when baby is back at night n weekends i latch.. unless got odd bits left from pump or left over feed from infant care n i happen to go my mum's place, i will let my mum feed. very lor soh.. jus sharing...

how about u all? do u all pump out milk for feeds?? how much per feed?? can jus share.. since our baby age quite close, abt 3-4/5 mths now.... n we goin back work or not at home all the time now...

Joy my girls drinkin 120ml since don't know which month. Been stuck there for so long. Duration is 3hrs apart. The Twinnies same pattern Drink till 50ml mark start fussing and doesn't want to drink. So we need to stop and burp then play play then after a while try feeding again. We usually will try till they finish the whole bottle so sometimes it could be an hr later when they finally manage to finish. As for ifc I doubt they will have patient to feed finish since they so many babies to look after. Probably they fuss at 50marks they will stop and let them be then 1 hr later throw away the remaining milk. My chilled ebm I give ifc is 4days old. I don't freeze my ebm much. Usually I just pump and store in normal fridge temp for 3-5days. So far so Gd no turn bad. My storage for ifc is per cup per feed so easy for them just heat up the cup and pour into bottles. I bring 9 cups cause that's the max my fridge to go bag can hold.

Bbhc your bb weight so Gd. Mine so petite. Hope they can grow well but somehow me and mum feel just 3 days of half days in ifc they slim down liao lol.

Thanks. Baby don't seems to enjoy frozen milk. Don't know whether it's the teat problem or the milk taste or the temperature.
bb_hc,
fbm have a fishy smell... I never tried but I guess the taste is different as I can smell baby smelly mouth if he drink fbm.
So long as baby drink, u dun hv to worry. some mummies tried to feed fbm once a day as scared baby might reject suddenly. But I feel it is not necessary. fresh is always the best, follow by chilled then fbm is last.. When I go back to work, I always give baby freshly pump bm in the morning, the rest of the day is either chilled/fbm (if not enough)

Common that supply will drop when start work, juz remember to drink more water/soup. try to relax n supply will be back. :)
jiayou jiayou.... 4mth of breastfeeding is not easy... u all are doing well... keep going... look at baby pix or video when pumping... u will feel energetic and forget about all the tiredness and pain that breastfeeding brings u. ;)

Mine is myfirstskool. But i have cancel already. For me my family can't bear to see baby going to ifc. So my poor mum will try to take care for 1 more yr then next yr this period will be 18 months so will send her to cherie heart childcare
Lynn, gald that your mum can help... coz grandparents is always better then outsider... me too.... trying to "tong" till baby go childcare.

Joy, you are TBF or bottle feed ebm or bottle feed FM?
joy, 3m at 7kg... baby good weight..

faithfullyyours, every baby is different, dun hv to worry so much, r u skinny type ... might be genes too... if u r really worried, check with your pd next time to have a peace of mind.

juz to share, anybody taking multivits/coconut oil??I find it thicken the bm :) According to my mil... my bm is quite oily compared to my sil (her baby is 2mth older then mine) and my baby is 5kg at 1mth heehee...btw, I took fish oil and calcium pills too.

Yeah i am using nuk too. At least she will not spilt out the milk and make her drink. Btw ladies just to share some tips which i only now then know until my few mummies friends told me. If your baby happen to have flu or cough. Try cutting red onion and place in the room. When they smell will help in their flu or cough.
Lynn, thanks for the tips... I will try :) baby sick = tired mummy :(

Joy my girls drinkin 120ml since don't know which month. Been stuck there for so long. Duration is 3hrs apart. The Twinnies same pattern Drink till 50ml mark start fussing and doesn't want to drink. So we need to stop and burp then play play then after a while try feeding again. We usually will try till they finish the whole bottle so sometimes it could be an hr later when they finally manage to finish. As for ifc I doubt they will have patient to feed finish since they so many babies to look after. Probably they fuss at 50marks they will stop and let them be then 1 hr later throw away the remaining milk. My chilled ebm I give ifc is 4days old. I don't freeze my ebm much. Usually I just pump and store in normal fridge temp for 3-5days. So far so Gd no turn bad. My storage for ifc is per cup per feed so easy for them just heat up the cup and pour into bottles. I bring 9 cups cause that's the max my fridge to go bag can hold.
iwahb, u had a twinne.. that is nice :) double joy double happiness !!! congrats!!!

our body will adjust bm content to meet baby needs... so dun worry if baby drinking small amt for quite a while...

oh dear... did u all check w ifc on baby feeding?? hope teacher will be more hardworking in feeding baby...

I am also facing the same thing as my buddy. My baby will drink like 50 ml then stop got to play play a bit then drink back. I am wondering is it my feeding problem or what.
I think i am the only one on total fm.

lynhope thanks. ya twinnies, double happiness, double worries too. I taking 5ml coconut oil per day I don't know if it helps thicken my milk but my mum did mention that seems abit more oily. and gosh your bb at 1 mth is 5kg is good too. my girls now at 4mth+ still can wear newborn clothes. feel so lousy as their mummy lol. I always tell myself cause twins so smaller in size so gain slower. haha. u mention u always try to give bb fresh bm so meaning if u store bm u will give bb the one u just store or the one that is in fridge sometime already? some practice 1st in 1st out or last in 1st out. I thinking to give fresh bm to my girls too but I scare those in fridge will spoil if no faster use as I didn freeze them.

joy, 3m at 7kg... baby good weight..

faithfullyyours, every baby is different, dun hv to worry so much, r u skinny type ... might be genes too... if u r really worried, check with your pd next time to have a peace of mind.

juz to share, anybody taking multivits/coconut oil??I find it thicken the bm :) According to my mil... my bm is quite oily compared to my sil (her baby is 2mth older then mine) and my baby is 5kg at 1mth heehee...btw, I took fish oil and calcium pills too.
Lyn, yes I'm the skinny type. My pre pregnancy weight has never gone beyond 45 kg.

When my CL was around, the most she had ever drunk from a bottle was 90 ml. After my CL left, she rejected the bottle totally. We are trying to train her to accept the bottle again.

I brought her to KKH Children's Emergency, PD at Mt E and Mrs Wong Boh Boi at Thomson to consult why she isn't drinking as much milk as others. So far we don't have an answer for that. Mrs Wong said babies at this age should be drinking 120 ml to 160 ml per feed 3 to 4 hourly. She said my girl drank 40 ml of BM in 5 minutes when latched on because they weighed her before and after. Then I pumped out. She said my supply is decreasing. Even now we want to supplement her with FM, she also won't take the bottle.

My girl was born with a healthy weight of 3.04 kg. So when she's gaining weight so slowly in her 3rd month. I'm very worried. My target for her is just to gain 1 kg per month. Now she's 4 months old, she's only about 6.3 kg. 3rd month she was 5.94 kg. 1st month she was 4.3 kg.

I'm very stressed actually. Seeing her like this, it hurts. I'm very worried that if this continues, she might lose weight eventually. Her diaper output for pee also not as good as before.

However, she does hit her milestones like 2.5 months old, she can lift her head up when on tummy. 3.5 months old she can flip over but still can't flip back yet.

Last edited:

Back