(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Mine is serious bleeding with blood clots :confused:
N it actually soak the whole shorts.
Things are not so optimistic too when i see the gynae's gloves were tainted with blood too after the cervix check.
She never give any jab too just duphaston to support the pregnancy but warned me that the bleeding will stopped only after a few days.
Luckily it stopped after a few days. I feel as long as we see brown discharge/blood, is better to go and see the gynae.

Time flies .... that will be next week :)
My big gal is already 9yo so I have told my frds and they are getting handsdown for me.

Don't worry .... feel it at night and it will go stronger and stronger as the days goes by .
So far i got my diaper station, breastpump, some rompers, mittens from the mothercare fair.
This time I will get stroller, diapers, wet wipes and see whether there's any other good buys. :D

I m glad things are okie for you now. It is really worrying with all the bleeding.
Sometimes i have those diarrhea cramps as well and sometimes i go toilet, really got output. Lol. TMI.

same same! really looking forward to the 20w scan..
im q surprised to meet at least yourself and Sane mummy here who didnt opt for harmony test... (presuming from our excitment waiting for scan to tell us gender.
Harmony test seem so "compulsory" in today's culture... sometimes when I said I wasnt going for it, people get shocked.

I recall you are quite petite or slim right? im thinking perhaps some of the pain is cos of space constraints haha.. maybe ur baby is growing faster than ur body can stretch.
there was one night i had to also deal with rather distinct cramps, i suspect was due to a whole day of walking around for a biz appointment and also i gungho reached v high to get something, stretch like a gymnast. in the end had to sit down all night and worried a little.
After a few hours, pain went away.

I still got 4 more weeks to my 20th week scan! Exciting!

I think more people went for Harmony because they are afraid of false results from Oscars. Partly I was thinking this is my first kid, maybe I save abit n do oscars n hope for the best. When 2nd kid comes, probably I m older then I do Harmony. And maybe by then costs for Harmony would have gone down?? Hehe.

I was eager to know gender but yet I am also happy guessing and wondering. Hehe. I was thinking if do Harmony and know too early then I cannot continue guessing. Haha. And my gynae managed to "see" at 15th week, good enough for me. :)

Yah, i am quite small size so maybe you are right, i feel the stretching more. Same as you, those walking and stretching sometimes really can give aches and cramps.

When I entered into tri 2, my gynae said can take abit if caffeine/coke. So i happily drink coke and i had cramps after that, for the whole evening! Scary! After that incident, i try not to take it.

I am looking forward to april fair as well.

I feel is like just nice to buy things at tat period.

Ending 2nd trimester but not yet 3rd trimester.

But one friend told me she went to those bb fair at expo before. She reached at 930am, tot she was early. But carpark alrdy full, & queue super long.. Both her & hubby so pel chel woth the crowd & long cashier queue.. End up also never buy much..

Yah, i heard those fairs can be very crowded and some people have no reservations about pushing their way through big belly pregnant women too. Gosh! We just need to be careful if we go there.

Nowadays train always full & packed...

If can get seat u think pple will let go easily?

If reali reali need one, i guess hv to ask politely lor. Ask from those ables bodies pple like students / office pple. Dun ask from uncle / aunties.. They will feel like tey need it more than u do..

Agree with you that we probably have to ask for seats as some people may choose to ignore us. Now I can still walk abit fast so sometimes i also try to spot a seat n rush there. Actually sometimes it is dangerous for pregnant women to stand because what if trains/buses brake suddenly. That is my biggest fear. And some people still squeeze/push you even if you are pregnant. Really must be careful.

I cant wait for April baby fair too! Haven't really done any shopping and seriously don't know where to start too!
But it should be exciting to go to the fair and by then, tummy would be bigger too.
When will you know your baby's gender? Soon? :)

I just hit 16 weeks so I hope to know the next checkup in April..the fair should be exciting but I do hope it wont be too crowded. Note to self : keep calm and waddle through haha

Will probably start on my list soon. Do you have a list already Piggling?

Did you go to kkh when you had a night of cramps? Cramps can really be worrying.
I did. There was once when I went O&G twice in a week. -.-" The spotting and cramps were the scariest. When I had abdominal pain for the whole night, somehow I wasn't that scared. Maybe because I didn't see any bleeding. I went to O&G the next morning to check just to be sure.

I think more people went for Harmony because they are afraid of false results from Oscars. Partly I was thinking this is my first kid, maybe I save abit n do oscars n hope for the best. When 2nd kid comes, probably I m older then I do Harmony. And maybe by then costs for Harmony would have gone down?? Hehe.

I was eager to know gender but yet I am also happy guessing and wondering. Hehe. I was thinking if do Harmony and know too early then I cannot continue guessing. Haha. And my gynae managed to "see" at 15th week, good enough for me. :)

Yah, i am quite small size so maybe you are right, i feel the stretching more. Same as you, those walking and stretching sometimes really can give aches and cramps.

When I entered into tri 2, my gynae said can take abit if caffeine/coke. So i happily drink coke and i had cramps after that, for the whole evening! Scary! After that incident, i try not to take it.
I love cold drinks during my first trimester. I find iced milo and cold milk/ fruit juices easier to swallow with all the morning sickness vomiting. Maybe that's why I get cramps. I didn't even realised it until you mentioned that you had cold drinks and had cramps.

Just wondering..

Usually is the wait at kkh o&g long?

Eg. If i felt i need to do a scan to feel assured, can i just pop by there just to get a dr to do a scan for me?

Just wondering..

Eg. If i felt i need to do a scan to feel assured, can i just pop by there just to get a dr to do a scan for me?
1 to 2 hours. They always do a scanning for me whenever I go there for my cramps. But each visit is around $120 to $150? You just tell them you are pregnant and what symptoms you having and they will register you. They will ask you to collect your urine and put in a basket outside the toilet. Once your number flashes, you go in and tell the doctor what is wrong and the doctor will usually do a scan for you.

so the scan is what our gynae usually do for us right?

1-2 hrs seems like a long wait.. Hehe

1 to 2 hours. They always do a scanning for me whenever I go there for my cramps. But each visit is around $120 to $150? You just tell them you are pregnant and what symptoms you having and they will register you. They will ask you to collect your urine and put in a basket outside the toilet. Once your number flashes, you go in and tell the doctor what is wrong and the doctor will usually do a scan for you.

Nowadays train always full & packed...

If can get seat u think pple will let go easily?

If reali reali need one, i guess hv to ask politely lor. Ask from those ables bodies pple like students / office pple. Dun ask from uncle / aunties.. They will feel like tey need it more than u do..

haha ya i know.. i just find it funny that every once in a while i take train then i end up standing while teens sit and snooze on the priority seats. I used to keep those empty and stand.
plus for us Aug moms maybe not showing also.

eee.. not fair. my gynae refused to give me go ahead for caffeine cos she knows I am an addict. then I forced her to admit on the studies that 200mg a day is okay.
then she start saying "dont think its just coffee.. coke, chocolate, all high caffeine"

LOL.. sipping my coffee now. No choice! ive been having insomnia and I need to meet ppl for biz, cant afford to yawn n look sleepy.

I just hit 16 weeks so I hope to know the next checkup in April..the fair should be exciting but I do hope it wont be too crowded. Note to self : keep calm and waddle through haha

Will probably start on my list soon. Do you have a list already Piggling?

Yah, stay calm and walk slowly, baby most impt! :)
No, I don't have a list yet... Everything still seems very surreal. But the other day, I printed a list of so-called must-have. Then my husband asked me, why you print ang moh countries' version? Because inside got winter clothing. LOL!

I did. There was once when I went O&G twice in a week. -.-" The spotting and cramps were the scariest. When I had abdominal pain for the whole night, somehow I wasn't that scared. Maybe because I didn't see any bleeding. I went to O&G the next morning to check just to be sure.
Yah, understand how you feel. Bleeding will be more scary...

I love cold drinks during my first trimester. I find iced milo and cold milk/ fruit juices easier to swallow with all the morning sickness vomiting. Maybe that's why I get cramps. I didn't even realised it until you mentioned that you had cold drinks and had cramps.

I prefer cold drinks too, like fruit juices, milk etc. But I take those, maybe only abit of cramps. But that glass of coke was like really cramp all the way till I very scare.
Think we can still drink but maybe drink slowly and moderately, space out. :)

Just wondering..

I thought of going kkh o&g to just scan for assurance too.
There was one night I just feel like abit uncomfortable or something and I asked my husband, maybe we should go kkh? Somemore long gaps between visits, really will wonder if everything is okie inside.

eee.. not fair. my gynae refused to give me go ahead for caffeine cos she knows I am an addict. then I forced her to admit on the studies that 200mg a day is okay.
then she start saying "dont think its just coffee.. coke, chocolate, all high caffeine"

LOL.. sipping my coffee now. No choice! ive been having insomnia and I need to meet ppl for biz, cant afford to yawn n look sleepy.

Hahaha.. You know hor, some gynae right from the start allow their patients to take caffeine as long as limited to small amount. But my gynae is totally nono during 1st trimester because she believes there is a link between miscarriage and caffeine. And my husband also believes especially since doctor has said it out.
I am not coffee addict but I do like to drink coke. But I already cut down a lot when I was trying to conceive and now after the cramps scare episode, I think I will try to avoid. I will take cold drinks but try not to take those with caffeine. :)

Sipping abit should be fine, just do it in moderation. :)

I got serious pregnancy brain!
I already forgotten like 3 things/matters within half a day. Gosh!
Now I know how a goldfish feels.

I thought of going kkh o&g to just scan for assurance too.
There was one night I just feel like abit uncomfortable or something and I asked my husband, maybe we should go kkh? Somemore long gaps between visits, really will wonder if everything is okie inside.
Me too also feel like gng to kkh o&g to scan for assurance.. can we just walk in and ask for a scan?

Yah, stay calm and walk slowly, baby most impt! :)
No, I don't have a list yet... Everything still seems very surreal. But the other day, I printed a list of so-called must-have. Then my husband asked me, why you print ang moh countries' version? Because inside got winter clothing. LOL!

hehe you can never be too prepared! I'm all for over-preparing. It's definitely a start and you can cross out and add stuffs in as you get along. Some pre-orders started I think. Wonder if it makes a difference and if collection will be easier.

Oh! It happened to me before! Way before i was pregnant, i rubbed shampoo on my body before! LOL!
I went to Mac Donalds today to buy my hubby's favourite burger and for the life for me, I cannot remember if he likes quarter pounder, big Mac or cheese burger leh! All look the same to me.

I went to Mac Donalds today to buy my hubby's favourite burger and for the life for me, I cannot remember if he likes quarter pounder, big Mac or cheese burger leh! All look the same to me.
And just 2 days ago I accidentally threw my hubby's Amex card into the rubbish chute. I was cleaning the table. He later discovered that the card he placed on the table was gone. Search high and low cannot find.

Oh no!!! We probably need to take more DHA food to improbve memory abit. Haha. But at least we have a good reason why we are behaving like that!

And just 2 days ago I accidentally threw my hubby's Amex card into the rubbish chute. I was cleaning the table. He later discovered that the card he placed on the table was gone. Search high and low cannot find.

Did he get angry? Hope he is okie with it. Sometimes i even forgot to bring my hp out. Gosh!

Oh no!!! We probably need to take more DHA food to improbve memory abit. Haha. But at least we have a good reason why we are behaving like that!

Did he get angry? Hope he is okie with it. Sometimes i even forgot to bring my hp out. Gosh!
Hahahaha! He nagged lor. I sometimes forgot my phone and wallet when I go out. Sigh. I am getting backaches and migraines. And I hv to stop myself from taking too much panadol.

I need to go to the toilet every 30 mins during work now. Hahahah! So inconvenient.

oh ya.. big gap. lucky that you have friends to pass to you. I only have my former boss who offered boy cloths haha most likely cant use.
but big jiejie also nice. she can be like a mini-mummy to the girl. I have always thought it is better to have a larger age gap, less jealousy or fights cos different stages in life

I don't mind get boy's clothings for home wear and I think my big gal is quite boyish too ... she's always in tshirt and shorts.

Keke I hope so, I told her bestie and she's so excited compared to my gal....
Maybe she's too used of being the only child :D

I m glad things are okie for you now. It is really worrying with all the bleeding.
Sometimes i have those diarrhea cramps as well and sometimes i go toilet, really got output. Lol. TMI.

It helps to get a assuring gynae. He pre empted me about discharge and possible bleeding when he did the scanning. N indeed as he predict, there's brief brown discharge at 12 weeks.
Now I tried not to walk so much and rest if there's cramps and backache and nowadays if never take enough fruits, will have difficulty going to the toilet. :confused:

Hi all, i am new here.

I am in my early 30s.

This is my #2.

EDD:24 Aug 2015

Had really bad ms till 14 weeks.

Diagnosed with GD in a routine urine check followed by a glucose test *cries!! Have to watch my diet.

I am seeing Dr SP Teo but i think i might need to change gynae if MPS refuse to change their policy. *so sad!

Needs some recommendation from you all here. I wanna give birth at Mount A.

Last edited:
Hahahaha! He nagged lor. I sometimes forgot my phone and wallet when I go out. Sigh. I am getting backaches and migraines. And I hv to stop myself from taking too much panadol.

I need to go to the toilet every 30 mins during work now. Hahahah! So inconvenient.

Yah, sometimes i have backaches too. Last night I have headaches till morning. Try not to take panadol but if really horrible then take one. I took one the other time when I was having very bad migraine. Sometimes i feel my stomach very heavy after a meal.

If you feel peeing is too often and not alot, can check with gynae is it UTI. I got abit during first trimester and kept going toilet.

I don't mind get boy's clothings for home wear and I think my big gal is quite boyish too ... she's always in tshirt and shorts.

Keke I hope so, I told her bestie and she's so excited compared to my gal....
Maybe she's too used of being the only child :D

It helps to get a assuring gynae. He pre empted me about discharge and possible bleeding when he did the scanning. N indeed as he predict, there's brief brown discharge at 12 weeks.
Now I tried not to walk so much and rest if there's cramps and backache and nowadays if never take enough fruits, will have difficulty going to the toilet. :confused:

Yah, i feel that walking and standing too much will have discomfort. The most comfortable position is still lying down. Lol! We just have to take it slowly. :)

Absent minded kick in...went to bkk..forgot to bring charger n toothbrush zzz
I already so blur before pregnant
Think the baby took all that's left of my brains le. I wanna go Bangkok before I get too big and uncomfortable. Did you get a doctor's letter when you go?

I recall you are quite petite or slim right? im thinking perhaps some of the pain is cos of space constraints haha.. maybe ur baby is growing faster than ur body can stretch.
there was one night i had to also deal with rather distinct cramps, i suspect was due to a whole day of walking around for a biz appointment and also i gungho reached v high to get something, stretch like a gymnast. in the end had to sit down all night and worried a little.
After a few hours, pain went away.

I'm 5'2" (159cm) I get the stretching cramps too, sometimes it is quite bad. Feels a bit like gastric pain sometimes.
I try to massage with Bio Oil around the belly, it eases it a little but the cramps lasts usually a few hours to overnight sometimes.

Does anyone know if the duration of labour delivery time is genetic?

I am a first time Mother and I just found out that my Mum's first delivery was only 4.5 hours!
But she was also 24 years old when she had my brother, and I'm 38, will be 39 when I deliver.

I'm planning to ask my doctor tomorrow, but I curious what non-first-time Mothers' experiences are?
My Doctor did say usually first time labours can last between 8-12 hours.

I am a first time Mother and I just found out that my Mum's first delivery was only 4.5 hours!
But she was also 24 years old when she had my brother, and I'm 38, will be 39 when I deliver.

I'm planning to ask my doctor tomorrow, but I curious what non-first-time Mothers' experiences are?
I am the eldest and according to my mum. She only took 3 hours to deliver me.

gynae say ok to travel so nw onli 18 weeks

yeah.. best time to travel is 2nd trimester. 1st tri usually plagued with ms and poor appetite, 3rd can be dangerous and some airlines do not allow.

but either way I think you need to notify the airline staff when checking in cos they need you to sign some indemnity form. I didnt do so and had to sign at my seat.. haha

Yah, sometimes i have backaches too. Last night I have headaches till morning. Try not to take panadol but if really horrible then take one. I took one the other time when I was having very bad migraine. Sometimes i feel my stomach very heavy after a meal.

If you feel peeing is too often and not alot, can check with gynae is it UTI. I got abit during first trimester and kept going toilet.

now i am having a terrible neck pain that will shoot up from back left of chest. suspect its a pinched nerve cos it acts up once or twice a year at the same location (once it caused severe muscle spasms had to go A&E).
usually take Anarex the muscle relaxant but i was advised against taking it now.. not sure what other muscles will "relax" too much

thinking of taking panadol. cant even tilt head back for shampoo. when leaning back in a chair it will hurt like mad

Hi all mtb, congrats!
I'm new here and I have been following this group since day 1 :) Hope to learn from all of you!
My EDD is 30th Aug. I'm seeing Prof John Tee at KKH.

Welcome mamawhale! I'm with KKH as well. But under a different doctor.

My mum told me she delivered me within 4 hours. She didn't even knew she was going into labour and was asked to stay behind in hospital when she went for her routine check. My own experience when I delivered my #1 was quite different, my water bag broke but no contractions at all. So I was induced. Contractions came almost immediately and I dilated from 2cm to 10cm very fast. No time to use epidural, but laughing gas worked well for me. Waited for my gynae to arrive cos nurses kept telling me I'll tear badly if I just push. Eventually, I delivered within 4 hrs and I'm in my mid 30s, so no worries ok.

I'm going for my detailed scan this Sat (I'm a July MTB actually) and might join the FB group only after that. Noticed the forum nowadays not as active already...

Welcome! We are seeing the same doc. :)
That's cool ! He is so humorous! Every session with him is so enjoyable haha! How many weeks are you at now ? Maybe we have met at the private suite :) or perhaps we can hi bye for the next appointment if it falls on the same day! :)

gee, i hope not genetic! i don't wanna wait that long.. :S i'm my mum's eldest and she took more than 14hrs to give birth to me..

share with us on what your obstetrician says on this. :)

Back