(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi MTBS, I finally got to c the sac today. Doc said abt 5 weeks. Was worried about ectopic pregnancy as I didn't see anything earlier last week (Tot I was 5 weeks back then). Anyone else got UTI? Cos I'm fighting UTI for a few weeks n just got a new antibiotics today.. hope it'll clear soon... gosh.. I hate UTI...

Hi MTBS, I finally got to c the sac today. Doc said abt 5 weeks. Was worried about ectopic pregnancy as I didn't see anything earlier last week (Tot I was 5 weeks back then). Anyone else got UTI? Cos I'm fighting UTI for a few weeks n just got a new antibiotics today.. hope it'll clear soon... gosh.. I hate UTI...

Hi applesg,

Try taking probiotics, it helps.. And drink cranberry juice or take the tablets. =)

Just a little update on my side. I was spotting with brown discharge since last Wednesday, didn't think much initially, but was told to visit gynae immediately by my TCM. Went to see gynae on Saturday and got the jab plus medication to prevent miscarriage, and also did blood test. Did and ultrascan and managed to see the sac at 5w. Gynae gave 2 days MC and said that if spotting still continues, have to go for a repeat visit on Wednesday.

As my spotting came on and off,thus I went back to visit the gynae again today. Did ultrascan and managed to see the heartbeat! So unreal, but we're glad that the little fellow is doing well. Gynae gave 2 weeks of hospitalization leave, and ordered me to have the jab twice a week, and medicine to be continued.

So far, after the jab like 2 hours, the pain seems to wear off for me. Maybe I'm more "meaty"? Lols...

Seems like so, but according to my TCM, spotting and cramps ain't good at all. I'm also a first time mum as well, didn't thought much initially since many said that spotting is common, until emphasized by my TCM to visit the gynae immediately.

Not sure if u ladies shared the same exp.. urine is yellowish than usual. Last time I took conceive well also not like this. Now changed to the normal small folic acid pill.

Hi applesg,

Try taking probiotics, it helps.. And drink cranberry juice or take the tablets. =)

Thanks keelaine. I drank quite a bit of cranberry juice but it's not of v gd results. . Doc said this particular UTI bacteria is v resistant. Jus hope the stronger antibiotics given to me will clear it out soon.

@applesg I have UTI problem. Before I found out I was pregnant, I took two rounds of different antibiotics but the problem was not solved (have recurring UTI for 2 yrs). When I saw two lines on my pregnancy test I panicked and see the doctor. I was referred to a urologist because my body rejects all oral antibiotics. I was given seven days of a stronger antibiotic injections. Dr warned me of possible birth defect due to the strong medication but have to take because will most likely affect my kidneys if I drag longer. Now waiting for post result, hopefully the bad bacteria all die out. According to the nurse, she say many pregnant ladies are very prone to UTI. So just check with your gynae what to eat or drink. I try my best not to think too much and have faith in the two doctors.

Thanks keelaine. I drank quite a bit of cranberry juice but it's not of v gd results. . Doc said this particular UTI bacteria is v resistant. Jus hope the stronger antibiotics given to me will clear it out soon.

Hi Applesg,

Ic.. Before I got pregnant, I had UTI for about 2 months on and off.. After that I took the cranberry pills and drink Yakut.. So far (touch wood) it has been kept at bay.. My friend working in medical industry also advise to take probiotics because take too much antibiotics is also not good..

What's the earliest week we are able to detect baby heartbeat? going for appt at 5w6d tml. dunno will be able to see anything not

What's the earliest week we are able to detect baby heartbeat? going for appt at 5w6d tml. dunno will be able to see anything not
Think it depends on each and every individual bah...at 5w6d, we weren't able to detect any heartbeat. Today managed to detect baby's heartbeat at 6w3d.

Not sure if u ladies shared the same exp.. urine is yellowish than usual. Last time I took conceive well also not like this. Now changed to the normal small folic acid pill.

Yes!!!! I also find my urine darn yellow!!! I was suspecting it's the Duphaston.... Cos I don't remember having such yellow urine when I was taking the normal folic acid pills....

Brownish discharge or spotting isn't a good sign according to my Gynae. I didn't experience any discharge for #1. Gynae did say if brown discharge continues, have to go back to see him.

Can we take vitamin c, 500mg? I forgot to ask my gynae.

Should be ok I guess? Though I have been relying on fruits. Must eat the leftover mandarin oranges! Heh.

I wasn't given any prenatal vits, but if you have maybe check if it is already in there?

hi all....may i know what supplements are you all taking at the moment?

i'm currently taking fish oil, folic acid n calcium tablets till i see my gynae (she has been away). not sure if i shd start taking iron tablets n multi-vitamins.

Should be ok I guess? Though I have been relying on fruits. Must eat the leftover mandarin oranges! Heh.

I wasn't given any prenatal vits, but if you have maybe check if it is already in there?
Thanks hopefulyuki! I was just adviced to continue my folic acid.

Just saw doctor. saw the sac measuring 5w5d but cannot hear heartbeat yet. going back next week! pray that all is good. but that probably means bb coming in nov instead

Im taking duphaston now because of my one off spotting incident earlier and i got to say, it makes me bloated and pukey! Pout

Hi all, just found out my pregnancy 2weeks ago and visited gynae last Wednesday. Confirm my pregnancy and I am 7weeks Today =)

This is my #2. My #1 are born in the year of Snake. 2years ago have join the forum before. and now it's time to refresh the memories~~

I am also on Duphaston and folic acid now as I have brown spotting. I had it for my #1 as well.

Hi October Mummies2B,

I'm expecting my #2 and my #1 is a Rat Girl. My EDD is 8 Oct and was thinking of inducing in Sept as my girl's bdae falls in that month. Nice to know you all here. Do rest more and take good care.

Xoxo,
Lynnie

hi all....may i know what supplements are you all taking at the moment?

i'm currently taking fish oil, folic acid n calcium tablets till i see my gynae (she has been away). not sure if i shd start taking iron tablets n multi-vitamins.

Wa, I am only taking folic acid in terms of supplements. my doc didn't give me anything, so I am been relying on my meals, keeping whatever I can keep down. A little concerned cos I developed an adverse reaction to good beef, and some fish... :( guess I will wait until my next visit to ask. Apparently they say we have enough reserves for the 1st trimester!

Thanks hopefulyuki! I was just adviced to continue my folic acid.

Ya, mine too. Only folic acid and not a word about other supplements. Haha. Which is just as well cos as it is I have like 5 pills to eat everyday cos of spotting episodes, thyroid problems, PCOS etc...

Im taking duphaston now because of my one off spotting incident earlier and i got to say, it makes me bloated and pukey! Pout

I am on utrogestan, and yup, definitely bloated too! Think it is the progesterone...

Only thing is, I've lost weight even though I feel bloated and my close friends have said my face appear smaller now... Don't really have a glow like what some people said, just look so sick and pale all the time... Other than that, ok la, I give thanks that my MS is considered mild. Pale and sick looking, never mind. Peanut grows well can already.

Hi Applesg,

Ic.. Before I got pregnant, I had UTI for about 2 months on and off.. After that I took the cranberry pills and drink Yakut.. So far (touch wood) it has been kept at bay.. My friend working in medical industry also advise to take probiotics because take too much antibiotics is also not good..

Thanks keelaine. I taking the antibiotics n started to drink Yakult too.. hope it'll cure the UTI asap.

Btw my morning sickness kicked in 2 days ago. Worsen today.. feel so nauseous all day long.. Seems to start v early for this pregnancy. 5 weeks only.. Any mtbs having morning sickness too?

Thanks keelaine. I taking the antibiotics n started to drink Yakult too.. hope it'll cure the UTI asap.

Btw my morning sickness kicked in 2 days ago. Worsen today.. feel so nauseous all day long.. Seems to start v early for this pregnancy. 5 weeks only.. Any mtbs having morning sickness too?

Me. Almost clockwork. From morning till night, abt 8+, 11+, 2+, 6+, 8+, 11+. Some days when I have less than the usual nausea episodes, I will be v happy. Good thing is at least I am not vomiting. Hoping it stays this way.

Wa, I am only taking folic acid in terms of supplements. my doc didn't give me anything, so I am been relying on my meals, keeping whatever I can keep down. A little concerned cos I developed an adverse reaction to good beef, and some fish... :( guess I will wait until my next visit to ask. Apparently they say we have enough reserves for the 1st trimester!

Ya, mine too. Only folic acid and not a word about other supplements. Haha. Which is just as well cos as it is I have like 5 pills to eat everyday cos of spotting episodes, thyroid problems, PCOS etc...

I am on utrogestan, and yup, definitely bloated too! Think it is the progesterone...

Only thing is, I've lost weight even though I feel bloated and my close friends have said my face appear smaller now... Don't really have a glow like what some people said, just look so sick and pale all the time... Other than that, ok la, I give thanks that my MS is considered mild. Pale and sick looking, never mind. Peanut grows well can already.
Yea! I lost weight too and my colleague (dont knoe that im pregnant) mentioned that i look sickish. The bloatedness affect me quite abit cos am always feeling restless

I am 9 weeks 5 days now.. & I feel lk I have a bit of a small bump starting to show.. Dunno is it a baby bump or just bloating...

Anyone of u showing yet?

I am 9 weeks 5 days now.. & I feel lk I have a bit of a small bump starting to show.. Dunno is it a baby bump or just bloating...

Anyone of u showing yet?

It's definitely bloatedness.. Haha..
I'm 9wks 4days today and my tummy is very bloated...
Last night made ginger drink and the bloatedness reduced by a lot this morning... But it starts to "grow" again Ard 3pm just now...

It's definitely bloatedness.. Haha..
I'm 9wks 4days today and my tummy is very bloated...
Last night made ginger drink and the bloatedness reduced by a lot this morning... But it starts to "grow" again Ard 3pm just now...

Heehee my tummy looks like 2mths in the morning but starts growing from noon onwards n then looks like 4mths. Does drinking ginger helps? my Fren advised me to eat ginger slice or soak in black vinegar n take one slice each morning. Coz it will be too heaty if we consume at night.

Heehee my tummy looks like 2mths in the morning but starts growing from noon onwards n then looks like 4mths. Does drinking ginger helps? my Fren advised me to eat ginger slice or soak in black vinegar n take one slice each morning. Coz it will be too heaty if we consume at night.

Yes the ginger drink really helps.
After that I keep burping.
Somehow last night I had a good sleep. Not sure if the drink helps in my sleep too. Will try again tonight.

Hi All,

Hubby and I just came back from our first checkup today and are both delighted to see our "bean sized" baby approx 9mm via ultrasound and hear the heartbeat!
We were told that our baby is approx 7 weeks and will be due around 21 Oct! Which will be 6 days before my birthday. Totally excited and look forward to seeing our first child very soon!

Please add us at Facebook too! :)
Samuel: [email protected]
Shannon: [email protected]

Yes the ginger drink really helps.
After that I keep burping.
Somehow last night I had a good sleep. Not sure if the drink helps in my sleep too. Will try again tonight.
Hi zaclin29,
Do u slice the ginger and boil it?
Hope tmr morning I hv enuf time to prepare it :)

I am still feeling the little crampy feeling ;) hmmm did any of you experience it?

Hi Kaxin,
I ask my gynae about this on my first visit too as I am also experiencing cramps sometimes these days, I stop taking cold drinks and it kinda help too.
My gynae told me that cramps are normals as well as short sharp pains at the sides of your womb, meaning your womb is expanding and baby is growing.
As long as the cramps are not intense and not accompanied with heavy bleeding, we are all good. :)

Hi all, has anyone signed up for pregnancy insurance? I have been doing a lot of reading and considering to take it up with prudential. Anyone can share.

Hi all, has anyone signed up for pregnancy insurance? I have been doing a lot of reading and considering to take it up with prudential. Anyone can share.

Looking at it too, but can't sign until 18 weeks. Most policies only start from 18 weeks. OCBC has one that is underwritten by GE which starts at 13 weeks. For IVF, only AIA I believe.

Looking at it too, but can't sign until 18 weeks. Most policies only start from 18 weeks. OCBC has one that is underwritten by GE which starts at 13 weeks. For IVF, only AIA I believe.
Hopefulyuki , Yeah I realised many start at 18 weeks onwards... However just looking at the options for now... Also would like to find out how much is covered in the event that something happens

Sorry this might be TMI, but I am starting to get all that flatulence and constipation. Add them to bloat, oh man, it's such a fat and heavy feeling.

Last few weeks were good, damn regular bowel movements. This week it just slowed down, madness.

Who's in charge of the FB group by the way?

@gwendolyn26 I believe it's usually about 5K for any pregnancy related complications... I'm also in the midst of collating info and should be meeting up with a Prudential agent sometime after my 12th week.

Think there is an option to increase the coverage... Sorry my baby brains haven't been working too well so I can't remember the numbers... You could also check the AXA ones.

The only thing is, they only cover from 18 weeks onwards. If we had been a little more prudent about insurance, we could have purchased some insurance plans at least 10 months before we get pregnant, and we could have been covered for the entire duration. Oh well.

Sorry this might be TMI, but I am starting to get all that flatulence and constipation. Add them to bloat, oh man, it's such a fat and heavy feeling.

Last few weeks were good, damn regular bowel movements. This week it just slowed down, madness.

Who's in charge of the FB group by the way?

I had constipation this week too!
Drank a glass of prune juice and it helps... U might wanna try that....

Hi All,

Hubby and I just came back from our first checkup today and are both delighted to see our "bean sized" baby approx 9mm via ultrasound and hear the heartbeat!
We were told that our baby is approx 7 weeks and will be due around 21 Oct! Which will be 6 days before my birthday. Totally excited and look forward to seeing our first child very soon!

Please add us at Facebook too! :)
Samuel: [email protected]
Shannon: [email protected]

Hi Samshanbaby, congrats! My EDD is on 22 Oct and my wedding anniversary and birthday are both in October, so it will be one huge celebration month next time :)

I have added you to Facebook. One of the mummies previously requested for an all-female group, so I have only added you.

I'm looking forward to second scan next week to see the heartbeat :)

Mummies haha I am just wondering isn't it easier to chat in fb?

For ginger tea do drink in moderation ;)

Thanks!!! For the information ;) yA each time it cramps I pray... That it doesn't get intense and no bleeding.

No joke but I feel my hips moving already--- this happened to me with no1.

I am so so excited with this no3.... Waiting for the pregnancy to settle in ;)

Back