(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

@Ice_Tea thanks alot! i'm ok... just that these 2 days, not sure y just have sudden headache attack.... now as well....

ya... i find myself getting more and more tired easily at night.... weather has been too hot... i have been on the air-con these few nites in order to get to sleep....
That's good.. Yeah shld be due to the weather which makes ur headache worse ba..
I only on the aircon before I sleep to cool the room down coz I can't sleep with aircon :( I will get flu haix..

Went my for my 25w checkup today. I have gained about another kg but Dr says BB is slightly below average at 700g with AC193mm. He advises me to sleep more sideways and not flat.

I told the Dr my sleeping sideways causing BB to kick a lot but he said its ok.

I'm not going to be worried, will try his suggestion and up my protein intake after a week of bad appetite.

Went my for my 25w checkup today. I have gained about another kg but Dr says BB is slightly below average at 700g with AC193mm. He advises me to sleep more sideways and not flat.

I'm not going to be worried, will try his suggestion and up my protein intake after a week of bad appetite.

My bb also kick alot if I slp sideways so been slping flat. I should start slping sideways from nw!

That's good.. Yeah shld be due to the weather which makes ur headache worse ba..
I only on the aircon before I sleep to cool the room down coz I can't sleep with aircon :( I will get flu haix..

haha.... in the past, i can sleep without aircon on.... now... not sure izzit really bcos our temperature has gone up or bcos gaining weight as well.... feel so hot easily.... just hope the weather can turn cooler soon.... can't imagine my utility bill for this month.... :oops::oops:

sorry to ask, but what is AC?

my bb also kicks alot when I sleep on the left.... as if protesting.... for me, I have been a right side sleeper so have no problem sleeping with side.... in fact, I realised if I find myself sleeping flat nowadays, i will snore.... :D

My bb also kick alot if I slp sideways so been slping flat. I should start slping sideways from nw!
I've been sleeping flat and also noticed bb kicked alot while i sleep sideways. also feel that my tummy skin is pulled sideways whenever i sleep sideways and it made me uncomfortable and not easy to sleep. So recently i tucked a small pillow under the tummy. Felt a little better. Just keep feeling conscious during my sleep to shift the pillow if i changing sides. But made me sleep better at night

haha.... in the past, i can sleep without aircon on.... now... not sure izzit really bcos our temperature has gone up or bcos gaining weight as well.... feel so hot easily.... just hope the weather can turn cooler soon.... can't imagine my utility bill for this month.... :oops::oops:
I turn on the air con at times for a few hours during my sleep to make me sleep better. I noticed i perspire too even when i turn on the fan which is blowing towards me.

Before pregnancy, my hubby and i can sleep without aircon. Nw he's freezing in his sleep for me. Lol!

Haha yes! But during our confinement it is also another hot weather >.< and bb will also feel hot hot too.. Haha..

Yeah I also thinking if sleeping sideway will press onto the bb but if I sleep flat I will feel breathless :( and I always hv to make sure I'm sleeping at the side and it makes me wake up to turn myself to the side too..

sorry to ask, but what is AC?

my bb also kicks alot when I sleep on the left.... as if protesting.... for me, I have been a right side sleeper so have no problem sleeping with side.... in fact, I realised if I find myself sleeping flat nowadays, i will snore.... :D

AC is abdominal circumference.

Don't just sleep on right side, sleep on both sides throughout the night.

iirc sleeping on right side also not good forgot what's the issue tho.

Yes me too feeling hot easily in this weather. :(

And I had a scare last week, my tummy is so hard due to contractions and I lost my mucous plug. It's a thick gelatinous mucus tinged with old blood. It can also be colorless for some.

I went to the Dr immediately and was admitted to play safe. They gave me proluton, steroid jabs (baby lung booster) and also Ventolin drip.

The Ventolin drip increases the heartbeat and I couldn't sleep well in the night. Didn't like it one bit.

So now I'm back home on complete bed rest.

Last edited:
I've been sleeping flat and also noticed bb kicked alot while i sleep sideways. also feel that my tummy skin is pulled sideways whenever i sleep sideways and it made me uncomfortable and not easy to sleep. So recently i tucked a small pillow under the tummy. Felt a little better. Just keep feeling conscious during my sleep to shift the pillow if i changing sides. But made me sleep better at night

Ya I had to insert a blanket to support the stretched tummy too! LOL

The U-shape pillow didn't work for me. :(

Haha yes! But during our confinement it is also another hot weather >.< and bb will also feel hot hot too.. Haha..

yes! I can't imagine the period we going to give birth is going to be the hottest period of the year.... not sure can tahan the confinement or not.... hot hot hot....

And I had a scare last week, my tummy is so hard due to contractions and I lost my mucous plug. It's a thick gelatinous mucus tinged with old blood. It can also be colorless for some.

I went to the Dr immediately and was admitted to play safe. They gave me proluton, steroid jabs (baby lung booster) and also Ventolin drip.

The Ventolin drip increases the heartbeat and I couldn't sleep well in the night. Didn't like it one bit.

Gosh.... Hope u are feeling much better now.....

Take care yah! Rest more and dun move le hehe.. :)

yes! I can't imagine the period we going to give birth is going to be the hottest period of the year.... not sure can tahan the confinement or not.... hot hot hot....
Haha cannot tahan also must tahan ehh.. But maybe can bathe with those herbs water is it? I'm not sure if my mum will allow me to touch water anot and on fan =X hopefully she will >.<

Hi mommies! I am new here... Never use forum before...

My EDD is June 2015.

Do all of you think it's necessary to have a confinement lady? I checked out the price and I thought that it's quite pricey since I already have a helper.

And have you guys heard of Mdm Rahimah for pre and post natal massage? Any review?

Thank you mummies!! :)

Sarahmikah, welcome!
I'm not gg to have confinement lady since my mum & mil will be ard and we'll hire a domestic helper.

@wabbit, glad tt u're ok now! Better have complete bed rest properly. Are u working?
Btw, how does contraction feel like? Sorry, many things I dunno...

I also feel v hot these days, perspired in my sleep then woke up n turned on aircon. Weather shd be turning hotter from now on rite, I cannot imagine how it'll feel like in May-June :(
My mum said she often slept naked during pregnancy coz too hot.. but I think I'll get flu if I do so...

@wabbit, glad tt u're ok now! Better have complete bed rest properly. Are u working?
Btw, how does contraction feel like? Sorry, many things I dunno...

Now stopped work already.

For me, when contraction comes, you feel your whole tummy hardening up and it's uncomfortable. You feel it like one whole muscle tightening up.

When u lie down the tummy is not a soft plateau but rather peaked in the middle. I am not sure if I have described this aptly enough. :D

My EDD is June 2015.

Do all of you think it's necessary to have a confinement lady? I checked out the price and I thought that it's quite pricey since I already have a helper.

And have you guys heard of Mdm Rahimah for pre and post natal massage? Any review?

Welcome Sarahmikah!

If you trust your helper enough and she's quite keen to pick new ways of doing confinement your way, then it should be fine.

I do have a helper doing the general housework and cooking. But will be employing a confinement lady (CL) to look after baby and me.

Helper will be my backup in case CL does funny things which I cannot accept or doesn't listen.

No one way about it definitely. Just choose what you think will work out.

Woke up due to leg cramping >.< luckily it was just awhile and manage to go back to sleep again.. Is it too early for leg cramping? Haha.. I'm so scare of the cramp now..

Haha cannot tahan also must tahan ehh.. But maybe can bathe with those herbs water is it? I'm not sure if my mum will allow me to touch water anot and on fan =X hopefully she will >.<

i can't imagine myself not able to bath for many days.... :eek:
think at least can on fan bah.....

I also feel v hot these days, perspired in my sleep then woke up n turned on aircon. Weather shd be turning hotter from now on rite, I cannot imagine how it'll feel like in May-June :(
My mum said she often slept naked during pregnancy coz too hot.. but I think I'll get flu if I do so...

wow!! haha.... in fact, the idea of sleeping with just the underwear did cross my mind.... hahaha.....

Now stopped work already.

For me, when contraction comes, you feel your whole tummy hardening up and it's uncomfortable. You feel it like one whole muscle tightening up.

When u lie down the tummy is not a soft plateau but rather peaked in the middle. I am not sure if I have described this aptly enough. :D

did the doctor mention the cause for this early contraction? are u told to bed rest till due?

My EDD is June 2015.

Welcome Sarahmikah
I'm engaging a CL since I don't have a helper and I don't want to tired my mum out cos it's the night time that I'm considering when bb wakes up in the middle of the night for feed....

Woke up due to leg cramping >.< luckily it was just awhile and manage to go back to sleep again.. Is it too early for leg cramping? Haha.. I'm so scare of the cramp now..

I don't think so.... in fact, now entering into 24th weeks, I find myself waking up more in the middle of the night to pee...

I did have some leg cramps in both 1st and 2nd trim. After I upped my calcium intake by taking milk, seems to have improved.

You may wanna try and hope it helps for you.

did the doctor mention the cause for this early contraction? are u told to bed rest till due?

No he didn't. I have no idea why too. :(

So now my cervix length an estimation by U/S is 2.4cm. Dr worries it might efface further, so ask me to bed rest and hope to delay labour as much as I can.

I'm on weekly proluton jab, utrogestan inserts 3x, progynova 2x and Nifelat 3x to help relax the uterus.

I did have some leg cramps in both 1st and 2nd trim. After I upped my calcium intake by taking milk, seems to have improved.

You may wanna try and hope it helps for you.
I'm drinking milk every morning den reach office will drink Horlick and at night I will take my calcium pill coz I read the daily calcium intake must be 1000mg ba.. And can't take in too much too if it didn't digest it will cause side effects :(

Maybe I shall try to drink milk morning and night ba hopefully it will gets better :)

I don't think so.... in fact, now entering into 24th weeks, I find myself waking up more in the middle of the night to pee...
Yeah recently I dun dare to drink too much water before I sleep so to prevent me from waking up in the middle of the night.. But I still wake
Up to turn myself to sleep at the side haha so not much difference xD

Hi all, my EDD is 30th June too... but I quite worry I cant get a nanny or babysitter to take k my infant after deliver..anyone got intro?

omgoodness! Why did it happen? was it suddenly kinda? Hope everything is well now and rest well! dun move ard unnecessarily and ask ur hb do things for u? any problems with meals? as in is ur family buying food for u?

can ask ur hb massage for u...I also encountered a few times, shouted out in pain and my mum came running lol

i can't imagine myself not able to bath for many days.... :eek:
think at least can on fan bah.....
till then i'll definitely shower and wash hair..cannot stand the heat ..plus will feel better after, nursing bb will also be more relaxed and happy..

Yeah recently I dun dare to drink too much water before I sleep so to prevent me from waking up in the middle of the night.. But I still wake
Up to turn myself to sleep at the side haha so not much difference xD
I went to the toilet more frequently in my first trimester. Second trimester became lesser instead. But nw wake up often to flip so end up also disrupt my sleep. Everyday only sleep 6 hrs :( disrupt sleep end up during work so tired

omgoodness! Why did it happen? was it suddenly kinda? Hope everything is well now and rest well! dun move ard unnecessarily and ask ur hb do things for u? any problems with meals? as in is ur family buying food for u?

My only guess was I was upset with the hubby over the second-Hand cot thingy. And during CNY walked around a bit too much. And plus I already have tummy hardening (contractions) issue.

I started noticing the mucus turning light yellowish then led to the mucous plug discharge a few days later. I have always been very observant of the colour of the tissue paper after wiping everytime I use the toilet.

Yes I am staying with my mil whose helper will cook the meals for me.

Hubby is very concerned, I asked him to give in to me during this pregnancy period and be more accommodating. :D After I'm queen for these few more months my turn will come to be slave to our baby! *Sweat*

I went to the toilet more frequently in my first trimester. Second trimester became lesser instead. But nw wake up often to flip so end up also disrupt my sleep. Everyday only sleep 6 hrs :( disrupt sleep end up during work so tired

for me is I will wake up once past few months.... but i noticed from this week onwards, mayb it has grown heavier and press against my bladder.... now I become easily full and need to go toilet pee about 2 times in middle of the night..... and same.... i have never had a quality sleep ever since pregnant..... now easily feel so tired during work....

My only guess was I was upset with the hubby over the second-Hand cot thingy. And during CNY walked around a bit too much. And plus I already have tummy hardening (contractions) issue.

I started noticing the mucus turning light yellowish then led to the mucous plug discharge a few days later. I have always been very observant of the colour of the tissue paper after wiping everytime I use the toilet.

Yes I am staying with my mil whose helper will cook the meals for me.

Hubby is very concerned, I asked him to give in to me during this pregnancy period and be more accommodating. :D After I'm queen for these few more months my turn will come to be slave to our baby! *Sweat*

oic..gosh..hv to try to keep calm..that is what I hv been telling myself too ''happy mummy =happy bb'' ;)

Back