IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,just an update on me. I have 10 eggs retrieved this time. 10 was injected with hubby spermies but only 1 make it for transfer. Just hope that this 1 and only will make it. Dr and embroylogist expectation not so high though as e quality is not e top grade 1..just cross fingers n see how it goes.

I got no frozen again. Its a sad thg. According to them my eggs are aging n hubby sperm not good also. Dr says chances only 10%.

So i just like to say,for those where ivf is e only route,dun wait till you are old. I am 37 yrs n eggs are aging already. This journey isnt easy. My 1st fresh i have 14 eggs,2 top grade transferred 10 mths ago. Now it becomes 10 eggs with 1 poor quality transferred. Despite this time on 6 mths of tsb tcm for me n hubby. Ist cycle no tcm n bfn with no frosties. So ladies,dun wait too old then try ivf. As doesnt mean more eggs means high chance. Egg quality must be good.

By e way, i will also like to feedback e trigger jab is not painful as legendary says. Nurse ask to choose to jab n thigh or backside. I choose to jab at backside n its ok.
Good luck to you connie_hopeful :) Don't worry you just need that 1 embryo to BFP.
I recently failed my #2 fresh with no frosties as well and thinking of trying fresh #3 in Oct this year. Wanted to let my body rest and take TSB TCM before trying again but I'm also worried by then I will have no eggs left :( I only had 2 eggs fertilized last cycle despite max dosage of stimms. And sadly my Doc says my eggs are dark and grainy. I'm 38yo this year also trying for my #1. I just hope by then I can have at least 1 embryo for transfer.

Hey Connie and chubby, all the best in your 2ww!! I am still at the suppression stage and going for blood test to check if can proceed to stimulation stage. I think use this time to step up on your prayers if you have any religion. Jia you!!

Hey Connie and chubby, all the best in your 2ww!! I am still at the suppression stage and going for blood test to check if can proceed to stimulation stage. I think use this time to step up on your prayers if you have any religion. Jia you!!
Oceandeep, thanks for the thoughtfulness . I will be praying for you and all the ladies here who are trying. Hope all of us can get BFP. Most importantly, dun get stress ya. Go with the flow. All the best and do keep us updated :)

It's normal.. Don't worry. The lucrin does make u produce more of the mucus. I had that in my last cycle. If still concern maybe call and ask the doctor. :)
Thanks hopeful. My gynae said can increase female hormones and its normal. I think the most obvious side effect is the tiredness that I feel. Not that I am complaining but really wonder if it's working. What should be the desired estrogen level ? Any idea? Thanks.

good luck to sisters in tww, dun give up yet, no matter how bad the situation seems to be. old aunty also fighting the battle, and old aunty has lesser time than you gals, so jiayou ah! before cny ends, wishing u all HUAT AH! TIO AH!

No worries. I am also old aunty heehee.

anyone tot of going overseas to do ivf? thinking of doing so if my next cycle fail again. only doing overseas can i be sure of putting in good quality embryos.singapore doesnt allow genetic testings and i dunno how many failures i can afford before i am lucky enuf to put in a normal embryo. at my age even blastocyst also can turned out to be defective ones. this new virtus fertility centre kind of mislead people into thinking that they r able to help u do the test by doing it in australia.i called them to ask and they said they are finding ways to do it but nothing concrete or confirmed yet. then y put in their website saying 'if u choose to undertake a PGD procedure, your embryos wil b tested at our internationally recognised PGD progm in australia. PGD is offerd in conjunction with an ivf cycle' .so angry. i feedback to them and they said they wil look into having a bettr explantion in their website.chey...

Thanks hopeful. My gynae said can increase female hormones and its normal. I think the most obvious side effect is the tiredness that I feel. Not that I am complaining but really wonder if it's working. What should be the desired estrogen level ? Any idea? Thanks.
Hi, I learnt from one of the sisters here that every 1000 is approx 1 egg.

anyone tot of going overseas to do ivf? thinking of doing so if my next cycle fail again. only doing overseas can i be sure of putting in good quality embryos.singapore doesnt allow genetic testings and i dunno how many failures i can afford before i am lucky enuf to put in a normal embryo. at my age even blastocyst also can turned out to be defective ones. this new virtus fertility centre kind of mislead people into thinking that they r able to help u do the test by doing it in australia.i called them to ask and they said they are finding ways to do it but nothing concrete or confirmed yet. then y put in their website saying 'if u choose to undertake a PGD procedure, your embryos wil b tested at our internationally recognised PGD progm in australia. PGD is offerd in conjunction with an ivf cycle' .so angry. i feedback to them and they said they wil look into having a bettr explantion in their website.chey...
Ya u can consider looking into bkk. Many pple go there.

Me! OA i ever considered KL even! Or india! But the thought is so daunting with no friends no family.

Australia will be exp. You can do array cgh testing in malaysia and bangkok. Cost in Bangkok is around 10k sing include pgd but exclude stim medication, accommodation and flights. I suppose if add on stim med could cost 14k plus minus depending on dosage.

Hi old aunty, my personal opinion is not to think too much on the egg quality as the doctor will put in only they think the egg is ok. And no matter how good the egg is.. there is another issue.. whether it "stick" or not. Don't give yourself too much stress over this...

For me.. i will be worry on whether will have many eggs to be collected and will they be able to put backed my body as my last fresh i only have 7 eggs and only 2 can be used. I hope this round i have more eggs as i am 41 le...

Hi old aunty, my personal opinion is not to think too much on the egg quality as the doctor will put in only they think the egg is ok. And no matter how good the egg is.. there is another issue.. whether it "stick" or not. Don't give yourself too much stress over this...

If the egg quality is bad the cells will not multiply grow to blasto hatch out and there will not be implantation. Even if it did inplant embryos are selected base on outlook and genetically you can't see which is why many ppl end up in miscarriage. only by doing pgd testing you can select the right embryo to put in.

For me.. i will be worry on whether will have many eggs to be collected and will they be able to put backed my body as my last fresh i only have 7 eggs and only 2 can be used. I hope this round i have more eggs as i am 41 le...
Me too...this is my worry oso n gg for scan tmr again...:(

Stay positive. ...I also 42 this year and have 15 eggs ...6 embryos the after blast...put 3....now bfp with singleton . Going for wk 10 scan on 20 mar.

Me! OA i ever considered KL even! Or india! But the thought is so daunting with no friends no family.

There's a good one in KL. My gf succeeded twice in her 2 attempts despite countless failure in SG. Her gynae in Mt e recommended. Google for dato Colin clinic in KL. She flies that in morning then come bk same day after scan or medication. She only stayed there for 2 wks after ER and ET. There's accommodation opp the clinic. They will assist of u ask.

Jus had my first scan after 8 days stim. Before Stim start saw 8 folicles, after Stim start only 4 follicles... Haiz. So sad. 3rd fresh liao... I guess no frozen again... Jus hope quality is good. Quality more impt than quantity...

Jus had my first scan after 8 days stim. Before Stim start saw 8 folicles, after Stim start only 4 follicles... Haiz. So sad. 3rd fresh liao... I guess no frozen again... Jus hope quality is good. Quality more impt than quantity...
Yes quality more impt. Jia you

Dun think e balance 4 follicles will be gone just like tt,did u empty ur bladder before scan?

Dun think e balance 4 follicles will be gone just like tt,did u empty ur bladder before scan?
Hi Connie, she sonographer say I have some built up urine.... I offered to go clear but she say no need. I actually went to toilet once 20min before scan... Will this affect the scan outcome?

Hi Connie, she sonographer say I have some built up urine.... I offered to go clear but she say no need. I actually went to toilet once 20min before scan... Will this affect the scan outcome?
My interpretation is that u started with 8 but only 4 follicles grew. Probably the rest didn't grow so ur dr only mentioned 4.

Yes my doc suggested doing in BKK or DE if still do in SG for me for higher success rate.

I think a clear bladder enables transvirginal scan to see more clearly. Dun worry too much first, clear yr bladder in e next scan. Maybe e follicles will appear again

Mine also 8 follicles at 1st scan, after stimm, told me only 2 follicles of good size. So maybe yours is 4 follicles of good size? Not all follicles will grow after stim. But don't worry, at my ER I had 6eggs retrieved though only 2 fertilized. So you may have more eggs retrieved than you expected. Be positive. :)

Thanks sisters here for the encouragement. My 2nd scan will be day12. I'm a low amh ivf-er. If have 6 eggs, I'll be very pleased.

Thanks sisters here for the encouragement. My 2nd scan will be day12. I'm a low amh ivf-er. If have 6 eggs, I'll be very pleased.
Be positive tsf. I have 10 eggs in e end also non to freeze. Its e quality that counts,not qty.

Just now e embrologist called n just spoke to me on my egg status. She says in ivf,e most imp thg is to relax and not stress up,stress will affect egg quality :)

Be positive tsf. I have 10 eggs in e end also non to freeze. Its e quality that counts,not qty.

Just now e embrologist called n just spoke to me on my egg status. She says in ivf,e most imp thg is to relax and not stress up,stress will affect egg quality :)
Connie_hopeful,
Totally agreed with you, the quality of the eggs are more important.

@tsf0205
Be positive and relax, dont think too much.
Eat well, sleep well and rest well.

I started utrogestan 200mg twice yesterday. .. feel kinda tired after the inserts... is it normal?
I'm also taking progynova for days now but I only get slight headache but not the tiredness
On FET now. .. mon transfer

Can follicles juz gone like that???

Tsf0205, dun stress ... I'm also with you. My AMH is below normal. Retrieve less than 5 only. Let things take it nature course. Just do things whichever we can do, for those that not within our control .. Worry or getting stress also no use... To me since no use might as well do things that can make me happy :) of course something I know but just want to rant abit.

Last edited:
I started utrogestan 200mg twice yesterday. .. feel kinda tired after the inserts... is it normal?
I'm also taking progynova for days now but I only get slight headache but not the tiredness
On FET now. .. mon transfer
Same here when I have the inserts.. Not long later I can zzzz like a piggy... Good luck on your ET on Monday. Take care.

Hi ladies, need your advise/recommendations on what the kinds of multivitamins to be taken for ttc. I currently taking GNC Women's Prenatal Formula (Blue in colour), Folic Acid 5mcg, GNC GoldMinds™ DHA 200 and GNC Calcimate Plus™ 800. I thinking to change to other brands. Am 39 this year, trying to conceive for almost 2 years. Have very irregular menses, and decided to embark with IVY journey in NUH only this year. Supposed to fix my first IVF appointment on 20 March 2015, but due to my menses delay, it has to be deferred to maybe April/May period. Doctor prescribed me with strong medicine called marvelon to induce menses to come. Took duphaston before in January 2015 to induce my menses to come and menses did come on 20 Jan 2015. Have recently diagnosed with PCOS. Will also be going for hysteroscopy to remove one tiny pimple. Supposed to fixed on 25 February for hysteroscopy, but due to menses delay, have to postpone the treatment. Am currently waiting for my menses to come before to proceed with the hysteroscopy and IVF procedure. Ladies, have you had these kinds of problems I am facing right now?

I also agree that quality of embryo most important,that is y i am thinkg if i shd start doing homework on doing ivf overseas.cos i hav qte a number of follicles,qte a number of eggs retrieved and fertilised to blastocyst stage,4 blasto to transfer ,failed first time,second time pregnancy lasted only five weeks.chromosome test shwd chromosome abnormality.i knw it is very common,but i cannt afford to keep failing and keep hoping for bfp and pregnancy wif ok chromosome.it is like playing with luck whc most people r doing but i am too old to keep doing and failing .so i guess a pre transfer genetic test give s people like mea best chance of conception and successful pregnancy.esp it has now proven tt the last pregnancy failed due to chromosome problem and i hav eggs and is able to reach implantation stage.mayb doing overseas is the best way for old aunties like me..but i think of doing in bkk ,kl,also qte scary.dear all thanks for the info, any one wif more info pls share share thanks .meanwhile i wil do one more cycle in may and hope for the best

Wenrt for scan and saw nothing, even with vaginal. Likely ectopic. Devastated

hugs. dont give up, request for another scan next week. U dont have any bleeding or stomach pain right? Or any pain at your shoulder?

I was diagnosed ectopic too when no sac was seen but the sac grew few days later but eventually i miscarried naturally after 4 weeks. Coz sac is growing too slow and also my beta during first BT started quite low. What your beta during your first Blood Test?

I also agree that quality of embryo most important,that is y i am thinkg if i shd start doing homework on doing ivf overseas.cos i hav qte a number of follicles,qte a number of eggs retrieved and fertilised to blastocyst stage,4 blasto to transfer ,failed first time,second time pregnancy lasted only five weeks.chromosome test shwd chromosome abnormality.i knw it is very common,but i cannt afford to keep failing and keep hoping for bfp and pregnancy wif ok chromosome.it is like playing with luck whc most people r doing but i am too old to keep doing and failing .so i guess a pre transfer genetic test give s people like mea best chance of conception and successful pregnancy.esp it has now proven tt the last pregnancy failed due to chromosome problem and i hav eggs and is able to reach implantation stage.mayb doing overseas is the best way for old aunties like me..but i think of doing in bkk ,kl,also qte scary.dear all thanks for the info, any one wif more info pls share share thanks .meanwhile i wil do one more cycle in may and hope for the best
I understand how U feel especially with our age we can't afford to slowly try again n again. Safe fertility in bkk is very famous for pgd testing and they have many international patient. TMC kL n sunfert kl also do pgd n many Singaporean did there. Anyway hope u don't have to go through this route. All the best for your FET. Every embryo is diff so U never know this cycle may be the one for U.

Back