(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Is there a prenatal claim?? I dunno about all the funding. . Currently paying all by cash for the monthly checkups and scans.. hmmmm

There is antenatal claim of $450 thru medisave. I read that we need to bring all the receipts during hospital registration. The clerk will do all for us, I suppose. You can claim max of $1650 for normal delivery no matter what bed you choose. Then can plus the $450 for your antenatal charges.

I still think $450 for antenatal is sooo pathetic. Like someone mention, one visit was alrdy abt $400.

Is there a prenatal claim?? I dunno about all the funding. . Currently paying all by cash for the monthly checkups and scans.. hmmmm
@PixiePosh Exactly my thoughts - how do we go about with the claims for prenatal care? - it's really pricey with all the check ups and vitamins and whatnots. Know someone who's in KKH; it might be slightly cheaper, but the waiting times are always horrendous.

There is antenatal claim of $450 thru medisave. I read that we need to bring all the receipts during hospital registration. The clerk will do all for us, I suppose. You can claim max of $1650 for normal delivery no matter what bed you choose. Then can plus the $450 for your antenatal charges.

I still think $450 for antenatal is sooo pathetic. Like someone mention, one visit was alrdy abt $400.
Thanks for the info! - time to file all my receipts into one folder

Yeah $450 which is really rubbish.
You have to bring receipts from your prenatal visits to make a claim for that at the hospital during your delivery stay.

I'm thinking of going for a 4D scan as well! Where did you go for yours? Also, which week are you at, and which are the best periods to go for the scans?
I did mine at TMC diagnostics at novena. It's $400. I'm 29 weeks. You can do this from 28 - 32 weeks after that they won't do it cause they claim baby will be too big to try and move around. But really depends if your baby cooperates. Mine everything is ok except baby decided to cover face with hand -_-. Some mothers can't see because their placenta and umbilical cord blocked the baby's face.

I did mine at TMC diagnostics at novena. It's $400. I'm 29 weeks. You can do this from 28 - 32 weeks after that they won't do it cause they claim baby will be too big to try and move around. But really depends if your baby cooperates. Mine everything is ok except baby decided to cover face with hand -_-. Some mothers can't see because their placenta and umbilical cord blocked the baby's face.
OK. That's good to know... Thanks so much for the info. BTW, I know that you're going for a maternity shoot with Bambini... Can I ask how much does your maternity & newborn session cost? Thanks!

@cynn04 @furbee

I thought I have a pretty high tolerance for pain; but the more I hear about epidural or NO epidural... I'm beginning to feel a little fearful. Met a journalist yesterday who interviewed Dr. Christopher Chong from Glenagles (apparently he's the one delivering all the celebs babies) on the topic of epidural. He told her frankly, if you want more than 2 kids, he would advise mammas to get epidural (as the pain would be v high, do not want mums to be traumatised).

At the end of the day. Whether Pro Natural or Pro Medical Intervention (inc. epi)... We got to ultimately decide, WHY are we choosing natural for? Why are we enduring for? - because everyone says to go natural, or because of the medical benefits of going natural... Also, if epidural is "bad", why is it still being offered to mums all over the world?

Ugh. Tough choice. (My hubby has to go: if women can give birth in the past 100% natural, no reason we can't do it now :confused: )
@ellieteow, then the motivation of NOT using epidural is to save money lor .....lols.... although not too much but still MONEY. hahaha....

Yeah $450 which is really rubbish.
You have to bring receipts from your prenatal visits to make a claim for that at the hospital during your delivery stay.
I think just bring one receipt, the one when you sign antenatal package with gynae is enough le. Unless your gynae antenatal package is less than $450.

This method can work meh??? He can still access via hp... hahahahhaa.... at least I know what game he is playing just that I dun have the same interest.. and the game looks so chim .. so I just sing along to the game music.. other people's babies listen to classical music mine is game music.. hahaha:)
mine can. Coz hubby still using traditional old handphone. So no data. Only phone and sms. hahaha..... Sometime I get envy with some of my friends' hubby, where their hubby start busy reading how to become a good father, how to take care wife for confinement, etc.

I think just bring one receipt, the one when you sign antenatal package with gynae is enough le. Unless your gynae antenatal package is less than $450.
The hospital staff said to bring all receipts which is why is I thought it's lame and I doubt any gynae package is less 450 bucks.

OK. That's good to know... Thanks so much for the info. BTW, I know that you're going for a maternity shoot with Bambini... Can I ask how much does your maternity & newborn session cost? Thanks!
It's 1.5k for both together :) have to pay 50% cash upfront when booked than balance on day of shoot in cash.
Oh to add on mine I booked last year so the prices might be different this year. I'm not sure.

Yeah, I agree on the pre natal massages will make one sleep better. After my first trimester, I have been having massages once a mth. Even tho in the day I'll be super tired, but at night, I wld say I sleep rather soundly.

Which massage u all go to?
Home or outlet?
I asking my postnatal massage to come for prenatal massage nut her schedule so pack to come
Need a massage badly

Ya all of us pay cash upfront also. Claims are done later during hospital discharge together with other fees etc.

The hospital staff said to bring all receipts which is why is I thought it's lame and I doubt any gynae package is less 450 bucks.
Last time when I am doing the hospital tour at TMC, they said only bring one receipt to cover that amount is enough. Unless you lost that receipt then need to dig for other antenatal receipts.

i dont think i get any celebration for birthdays / anniversary this yr. birthday is the month of my EDD which i also hope it will be exact so that we all celebrate the birthdays together. Anniversary he say bb too small to travel. neither i want to do staycation which i did last yr (due to pregnancy and cant travel)..he will bring work n do in the hotel while i watch TV in the hotel room. i din even get to enjoy the facilities in the hotel lo..spend so much and is W hotel. haiz.

but i really hope i can bring the bb for a short holiday la.

Which massage u all go to?
Home or outlet?
I asking my postnatal massage to come for prenatal massage nut her schedule so pack to come
Need a massage badly

My aunty doing it for me at home. She is not doing it professional tho. I think there's a thread on massages. Let me try to find it for u.

wow... issit? I just know if there will be another charge if we want to donate to public bank. I have not asked my doctor about it yet. But my doctor just asked me to put a deposit for his fees for delivery. So expensiveee........ I think I have spent more than 3k for prenatal visits plus supplement, etc. Then need to put aside for doctor fee for delivery and hospital fee. Think would be another 6-7k for normal delivery.
Yeah my gynae got charge if I donate to public bank. I already paid my gynae for his delivery fee (cash portion) yesterday during my checkup. CPF deduction will be after delivery. I estimated total cost (pre-natal, hospital, delivery) is going to be closed to 10K.

It's 1.5k for both together :) have to pay 50% cash upfront when booked than balance on day of shoot in cash.
Oh to add on mine I booked last year so the prices might be different this year. I'm not sure.
OK. No prob. I've emailed them for more info as well :) Thanks.

I want a single room coz I want to rest properly after my delivery and my hubby will want to stay with me. I just want the privacy as well as own bathroom so it's more convenient.
Me too still not decided on which hospital and which type of rooms. Been toying single or double. Mainly is cost but single is good as hubby can spend and rest, and baby can be roomed 24hrs in single as well.

Anyone using Avent single electric pump? How long does it takes for one side? Double is quite expensive and I m not sure if I will have enough milk supply for my baby.
Prenatal claim of $450 is allowed. On the day of admission, pass the receipt (the one indicated as prenatal package) to the admin and she will submit the claim together. This is what the nurse at my gynae's clinic told me.

@PixiePosh, I tot single will be good as it will be quieter and privacy. But hubby said he will not be staying in hospital with me. He said it will be better for him to rest well at home so that he can help out when I. Discharged rather than both of us tired. Another factor of cos it.s cost. Diff between single and 2 bedder is approx $1000. I have been spending a lot of prenatal visits during the first 4 months. Condition was not stable and need to visit gynae biweekly and no package to sign then. Furthermore, I am currently not working.

I just paid $1700 as deposit for delivery fees. As for the Medicare claim, my clinic kept the receipt when I signed up for the maternity package and they will submit for me after delivery.

Does anyone intend to do the hand and foot imprints for baby? I saw the booth at TMC near the information counter. Was too rush to check it out then. Does anyone has the contact or website details? Thanks

Would you be able to share with us what did they do during the massage session? Is it focusing on tummy?
Sorry I'm feeling lazy today to type a lot :p
So I copied and pasted what I shared in the fb group :)
Just sharing my experience on prenatal massage. Mine is with Tamarind Spa which is my usual massage place before I got preggo. I decided to do my prenatal there since it's near my house and having had good experience with my regular massages. I went for my first session just this last Sunday. I had to lie on my side and was given pillows to support my legs, arms and head and was kept damn comfy. I chose the 90 mins prenatal session while my hubby did his normal 90 mins massage in our couple room. It was damn shiok and relaxing. I got everything massaged except my belly. My therapist also gave me tips on how to loosen certain tight spots that I have now due to being preggie. Overall great and I love it as it helped me feel relaxed and less in pain. I plan to do my prenatal massage weekly until one month before my EDD.

Last time when I am doing the hospital tour at TMC, they said only bring one receipt to cover that amount is enough. Unless you lost that receipt then need to dig for other antenatal receipts.
Im a psycho anal person so I keep everything organized in folders or lists.
Hurhur I have a folder for my pregnancy :p

@PixiePosh, not psycho lar..... I also keep track of all my expenses from day 1 of my pregnancy up tll today. So I know how much money that I already spent so far. Budget tight tight. hahaha.....

@PixiePosh, not psycho lar..... I also keep track of all my expenses from day 1 of my pregnancy up tll today. So I know how much money that I already spent so far. Budget tight tight. hahaha.....
Yeah I got excel sheet too with everything and prices.
Easier for me to keep track and sort out whatever is done, paid and bought. So it's iClouded to my phone for easy edit when I add new things to buy etc.
Rainy weather making me sleepy. I'm waiting for my bubble pearl tea to finish cooking so I can slowly drink and enjoy. Kekekeke

Not psycho lah... hahhahaa.... its normal I think. I have a file with folders for all receipts, test reports, MC copies and whatever related to the pregnancy.

So easy to know how much was spend throughout the whole process, and all info are in one place. Easy for the husband to claim from his company also. I like to have everything in order tho.

Does anyone intend to do the hand and foot imprints for baby? I saw the booth at TMC near the information counter. Was too rush to check it out then. Does anyone has the contact or website details? Thanks
I intend to do hand and foot imprint...probablyget the materials online and DIY myself. Heee. I think I prefer more hands on for baby. And it's cheaper.

@PixiePosh, I tot single will be good as it will be quieter and privacy. But hubby said he will not be staying in hospital with me. He said it will be better for him to rest well at home so that he can help out when I. Discharged rather than both of us tired. Another factor of cos it.s cost. Diff between single and 2 bedder is approx $1000. I have been spending a lot of prenatal visits during the first 4 months. Condition was not stable and need to visit gynae biweekly and no package to sign then. Furthermore, I am currently not working.

I just paid $1700 as deposit for delivery fees. As for the Medicare claim, my clinic kept the receipt when I signed up for the maternity package and they will submit for me after delivery.
Ya I saw the price difference at Mt A also about 1.5k. Increased from last year. I quit working when I got pregnant coz I had a terrible first trimester and was at home all the way. My hubby didn't want me to stress myself either as well and said just quit. Some people said I'm mad to quit and not have the maternity leave benefits but at my level in my industry I can't be taking medical leave every now and then and my morning sickness was really really bad. Had to go hospital to stop puking and get jabs. Ughz
After that cray cray episode was over I'm just chilling at home and waiting for our baby to come. My hubby will be taking two weeks of leave after delivery to support me and bond with baby as well.
So now that I'm free and since I like to cook and bake, I experiment with new recipes now and then. Also we decided I shall take a break from working and be a SAHM for a couple of years so that we don't miss out on our little cutie growing up. Damn excited :D

I intend to do hand and foot imprint...probablyget the materials online and DIY myself. Heee. I think I prefer more hands on for baby. And it's cheaper.
I would prefer to have handmade keepsakes for baby as well. But I'm allergic to DIY:p The least I would do is a scrap book of some sorts... I saw someone did the hand/foot mould DIY, turns out so funnny. (not enough paste, etc) but it's all part of the memories.

@PixiePosh I can deeply feel for u. I had a very terrible first trimester w many health issues. with no other choice, was left with the only option to quit. Health and baby is most important. Others are just material and can be earned back in future. :)

@happy08 like u I Initially wanted single room but thinking that it's most likely a 2 days stay. Finger crossed. Might as well let hubby go back home rest and take care of my dog. Since hospital that Im in allow baby room in with me, i don't mind room sharing:p save money on other things for baby.

Am taking 2 bedder as well at parkway east. The diff between 2 bedder and 4 bedder is just less than $200. But the diff between 2 bedder and single bedder is a lil more than $1k. In my opinion, 2bedder shld be ok. Its just 10mins drive from home and husband can still come to me fast shld there are emergency at night or what. (Hope there isnt tho! )

@PixiePosh, @sunstarmoon: Envy your courage to take the bold step to quit your job. The health of the mummy and the baby is of higher importance compared to work. My pregnancy is smooth and good so far without much complication except for some morning sickness initially. The only thing I am toying now is whether to continue working after maternity. My work is driving me crazy especially now before my delivery in April. Tight project timeline with very tight resources to complete by end Mar 15. Been so tired out by work for past few months. I totally got no motivation in my work at all now. Almost everyday drag my feet to work. Hubby said I should quit if I am so tired out. My concern mainly is financial as the load soley on hubby's income will be heavy for him should I stop working.

Imagine now I still have not done much preparation with the soon coming arrival of my baby.

@PixiePosh I can deeply feel for u. I had a very terrible first trimester w many health issues. with no other choice, was left with the only option to quit. Health and baby is most important. Others are just material and can be earned back in future. :)

@happy08 like u I Initially wanted single room but thinking that it's most likely a 2 days stay. Finger crossed. Might as well let hubby go back home rest and take care of my dog. Since hospital that Im in allow baby room in with me, i don't mind room sharing:p save money on other things for baby.
Ya mine was couldn't stop puking. I was practically in the toilet or in my room only with horrible migraines as well. I lost weight in my first tri. Gagz
Once the puking stopped it was like sunshine after the rain! Blissful..Hahahaha
Now it's just the random kink of headache sometimes. Lower backache, leg cramps but I think I have combated it with compression socks so far so good.
BUT the bloating/indigestion with rib pain is very uncomfortable.
I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for pain after delivery and breastfeeding.

@PixiePosh, @sunstarmoon: Envy your courage to take the bold step to quit your job. The health of the mummy and the baby is of higher importance compared to work. My pregnancy is smooth and good so far without much complication except for some morning sickness initially. The only thing I am toying now is whether to continue working after maternity. My work is driving me crazy especially now before my delivery in April. Tight project timeline with very tight resources to complete by end Mar 15. Been so tired out by work for past few months. I totally got no motivation in my work at all now. Almost everyday drag my feet to work. Hubby said I should quit if I am so tired out. My concern mainly is financial as the load soley on hubby's income will be heavy for him should I stop working.

Imagine now I still have not done much preparation with the soon coming arrival of my baby.
I always anticipated my career to take a backseat when the baby came, this was a decision my hubby and I sort of briefly discussed way before we got preggo saying to be there for young one blah blah. Alas when I did get pregnant and I was so sick it came as an easier decision because maybe because I had the seed of thought there.
I even joked with my staff before that I might puke on them or during meetings and I almost did a few times!
But I'm thinking for you, since you have slogged so hard and you are almost at the tail end to try and wrap it up if you can since we are in Mar now and May is just around the corner.
Also check when you can quit after your maternity leave because I think there is some MOM clause on maternity leave pay benefits and quitting.

Oh you're delivering at TMC? Which doctor are you with? Which rooms are you going to book?

@ellieteow im with dr benjamin tham... Yr 2011 took single room (1st night induce no single end up 2bedded, after delivery slept single bed 1night den following noon discharge)- paid cash $3k
Yr 2013 - no single den upgrade to deluxe single (NO FREE UPGRADE), stayed 2 nights -paid cash $4k
So this yr aso will go for single room...
Cos wen i was in 2bedded (induced during midnight) n the mama next to me had delivered n was resting, can hear she was moaning or sobbing in pain(i guess due to c sec, so wen i hear shuffling sounds, i hear her like in pain...scary to me lah... N cos the nurses service was terrible, requested milo at 2am, 7am nv arrive end up went to delivery room for 2nd pill inducement without food n was dripped to prepare for delivery. I complained to the doc....

Ya I saw the price difference at Mt A also about 1.5k. Increased from last year. I quit working when I got pregnant coz I had a terrible first trimester and was at home all the way. My hubby didn't want me to stress myself either as well and said just quit. Some people said I'm mad to quit and not have the maternity leave benefits but at my level in my industry I can't be taking medical leave every now and then and my morning sickness was really really bad. Had to go hospital to stop puking and get jabs. Ughz
After that cray cray episode was over I'm just chilling at home and waiting for our baby to come. My hubby will be taking two weeks of leave after delivery to support me and bond with baby as well.
So now that I'm free and since I like to cook and bake, I experiment with new recipes now and then. Also we decided I shall take a break from working and be a SAHM for a couple of years so that we don't miss out on our little cutie growing up. Damn excited :D

Most impt is that you and baby are in good health. I stopped work last Apr and supposed to start new job in Oct but was too sick during first trimester to work. After that was on bed rest. Luckily I was supposed to join my ex manager so he was understanding. I had 2 D&C in 2013 so he also wanted me to rest well for the baby. After discussion with my hubby, we also decided that I'll be a SAHM for couple of years. Better to. Take care of baby myself then to hire a maid for my parents and rush to bring baby to their house everyday if I go back to work. Plus the long hours in my industry.

Told my hubby to take leave for first few days after I deliver to support me and last few days before confinement lady leaves so that he can learn how to bathe and take care of bb.

I used to cook and bake .... Esp bread but have not done so since pregnant. Too tiring to wash up Etc. Next time we can exchange recipe and tips if I have time to cook/ bake after bb comes.

Wah i cant cook, bake, sew... Cham! Only knows how to work, eat eat eat... Being SAHM has more pros den cons..in terms of taking care n nurturing bb, n aso the strong bonding.. :) salute u all mummies!

Anyone using Avent single electric pump? How long does it takes for one side? Double is quite expensive and I m not sure if I will have enough milk supply for my baby.

I will really recomend getting double pump. Imagine waking up 2 times a nite pumping 20-30min one side then the next side… and somemore one side will drip… very messy and wasteful.

I borrowed Avent single pump frm sil before getting Medela freestyle. Dont really like it. I think e price for Avent is similar to Spectra which many are raving about, maybe go check it out?

Everyone is so chatty today :) had a hard time catching up hehe.

My photoshoot went fine, my gal was super grumpy initially cos woke her up frm her nap and she was hving slight fever and cough as well. But after warmed up then ok liao. Hope the pics turned out nice, and I dun look like a hippo. If nice then i share the contact of the studio here k!

Went for a movie Shaun the sheep after dat cos got free tix. Quite funny e movie and was oso surprised dat my gal sat thru her first movie.

Dead tired now, and its barely 9pm…

Nway rgd hospitalisation costs, the reason why I wanted to go for 2-bedder is cos worry about complications, both for myself and for the baby. I ever encountered cases whereby the mother is discharged, but baby had to remain in hospital for a longer period of time for observation, so costs if tagged to single bedder in private hospital will be very high.

Im just abit more cautious. Nway hubby cfm not staying overnite w me cos still got my gal to take care. Subsequently if cfm everything is ok, I hope to upgrade to single bed if available.

Just something to share.

I will really recomend getting double pump. Imagine waking up 2 times a nite pumping 20-30min one side then the next side… and somemore one side will drip… very messy and wasteful.

I borrowed Avent single pump frm sil before getting Medela freestyle. Dont really like it. I think e price for Avent is similar to Spectra which many are raving about, maybe go check it out?

Yea dual pump saves up half the time esp if in a rush... Unless use breast shell collect one side of leaking milk...
The new avent comfort pump seems good, n if promo seems cheap..

@cynn04 agree with u regarding the extra cost if theres unforeseen circumstances.
My #1 almost need stay extra day cos she din wet her diaper for entire 10hr!
#2 had extremely high jaundice, n instead of staying in hosp i rent the UV machine baby cot home for 3 days (cost less than staying in hosp!!)
Now duno if kids are weaker, or medically too advance, every thing must test,everything pay soooo much!

Most impt is that you and baby are in good health. I stopped work last Apr and supposed to start new job in Oct but was too sick during first trimester to work. After that was on bed rest. Luckily I was supposed to join my ex manager so he was understanding. I had 2 D&C in 2013 so he also wanted me to rest well for the baby. After discussion with my hubby, we also decided that I'll be a SAHM for couple of years. Better to. Take care of baby myself then to hire a maid for my parents and rush to bring baby to their house everyday if I go back to work. Plus the long hours in my industry.

Told my hubby to take leave for first few days after I deliver to support me and last few days before confinement lady leaves so that he can learn how to bathe and take care of bb.

I used to cook and bake .... Esp bread but have not done so since pregnant. Too tiring to wash up Etc. Next time we can exchange recipe and tips if I have time to cook/ bake after bb comes.
I didn't get confinement lady because I can't speak Chinese only can comprehend it and my husband is eat potato kind so sure will have comm probs.
Initially wanted to get confinement lady than messaged this Sabrina auntie as she was highly recommended and she can speak English in the end she was booked during May and June -_-.
So I ordered herbs and the confinement blah blah set from Mummamia and my mom and mother in law both keep offering their help to cook and clean.
Eh I just made some sweet bread for breakfast tmr :) yah I didn't cook and bake during first tri also. Started back again from this year, 2015 and onwards will be great for us! :D
ImageUploadedByForum1425476853.968637.jpg

Seeing ur bread make me hungry, i down a pineapple tart...sinful & guilty..
Gr8 to get help from ur mum n in law, at least u aso got time to rest n aso tc of bb needs during ur confinement...
I dread the tot of confinement food...

Seeing ur bread make me hungry, i down a pineapple tart...sinful & guilty..
Gr8 to get help from ur mum n in law, at least u aso got time to rest n aso tc of bb needs during ur confinement...
I dread the tot of confinement food...
ImageUploadedByForum1425477860.091595.jpg
nah make you more gian! Hahaha my pineapples tarts I made for cny this year.
I tested natal essentials confinement food. It was ok but tasted like normal food. So decided rather not give them the 1.8k which is nonsense.

Back