(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Nway feeling abit of the blues now, dunno pregnancy hormones or wat. Felt that this pregnancy im really alone. Hubby's been busy and stressed at work. So far almost all my visits with gynae, apart frm the oscar and detailed scans, i hv been going alone. Bringing my #1 to and fr cc myself, and rushing home after work to cook/bath her when he gets home late. Then he says he is tired and go zzz liao.

Granted my work is less hectic than his, but its also tiring esp now in my third tri. Dun wanna stress him more but its kinda sianz dat he is so not involved in this pregnancy. No wonder I feel dat baby dun respond much to his voice.

Usually not this emo, but today's actually our wedding anniversary, and seems like he has forgotten about it. Sighs.

I tried glucose test kit.. reading 2.5hrs after food at 6.9 and 7.3. i feel ok ler.. but will monitor again.

@cynn04 , no worries u r not alone.. i have been seeing my gynae alone too except detailed scan. Hubby is busy at work too, sometimes continue conf call from home. i am as busy though, thats why i dont really bother much. In fact today my feet swollen again.. Now gotta elevate both my legs. Sigh.. left office at 8pm, reach home 9pm. Guess i should really try to take things easy.. 3rd tri feels heavier and heavier. but overall still okay :))

Nway feeling abit of the blues now, dunno pregnancy hormones or wat. Felt that this pregnancy im really alone. Hubby's been busy and stressed at work. So far almost all my visits with gynae, apart frm the oscar and detailed scans, i hv been going alone. Bringing my #1 to and fr cc myself, and rushing home after work to cook/bath her when he gets home late. Then he says he is tired and go zzz liao.

Granted my work is less hectic than his, but its also tiring esp now in my third tri. Dun wanna stress him more but its kinda sianz dat he is so not involved in this pregnancy. No wonder I feel dat baby dun respond much to his voice.

Usually not this emo, but today's actually our wedding anniversary, and seems like he has forgotten about it. Sighs.
Hugs and happy wedding anniversary.
Could be the pregnancy hormones making you think unnecessary thoughts and feel more emotional. We women are capable of handling many situations and I believe you will tackle this just fine.

Im in my 30th week and im having sleepless nights and ache man. Am on the skinny frame and my legs cant tahan my body weight that i have bad leg cramps :( any solution to ease the pain ?

Upon entering 3rd trimester, I have been feel v nauseous. In fact had vomited already. It feels like I'm back to 1st trimester. Feeling so sick... and adding to my consistent backache and sleepless nights...its getting tough.

Yeah @cynn04 .. u r really not alone.. I'm also going for those monthly checkups myself as my hubby do not have so much annual leaves left.. I will prefer him to help with the after birth duties which I guess will be harder to cope..

As for wedding anniversary.. maybe you can remind him or do a post one if it can make u feel better.. maybe just ask directly when will he be free to celebrate.. must remind ourselves of the moods swings and try to cope with it.. sometimes I also will wanna 'manja' (but have to choose correct timing to get the 'correct' reaction from hubby that I want else may just spell trouble.. hahaha...)

Dunno why suddenly woke up from sleep at wee hrs... behhhh and way over dinner time. ... *going to dig for food in the fridge*

Last edited:
I'm using compression stockings to help with leg cramps and it helps me.

Compression socks can help?? I dunno how to prevent it but my hubby says it's becos of my weird sleeping position... and that should keep the legs straight when sleeping. .. but seriously how to sleep straight. .. hahaha.. oh ya.. another contributing reason he said was the cold drinks that I always 'secretly' drink..

End up in times of emergency, I still flap my hands to 'hit' him for help.. hahaha... like those sudden army drills for him.. *felt quite bad.. but no choice leh..*

@cynn04 , i aso feel after having kid hubby take things fr granted, 1st kid super duper excited, now everyday face comp play game... Sigh. Free time for kids aso face comp n bring kids to lap sit n play tgt..faintz.
Happy anni to u! Yea we ladies of cos emo if important dates are forgotten, further wit the preg n stuff tiring us down.

Vent it here but not at home lah.. Lol. We r all here together :) muackz

Where to get those compression stockings? Think have to get one, even after delivery can still wear... 3rd tri cramps will get worse, if u stretch too much aso cramp, hate tat feeling!

Where to get those compression stockings? Think have to get one, even after delivery can still wear... 3rd tri cramps will get worse, if u stretch too much aso cramp, hate tat feeling!

Guardian, watson sell those compression socks. So far the cramps visit are quite irregular, so still manageable for me, at least. Thot of buying those during 1st trimester when it was worse. Nowadays I just use existing leggings or thights as they are really very thight now. So works well for me. Hehe.

@cynn04, me too. Seems like a lot of mummies here also being alone especially when visiting with gynae. My hubby only accompany me during the early part of my pregnancy, then he did not come along anymore, saving his limited annual leave for my labour / after delivery. Somemore, my gynae always asking where is my hubby going, makes me a bit sad actually.

Man sometimes did not know what woman want, so better just spell it out talk to him clearly what you want. Say you want a candle lite dinner with him becoz is your wedding anniversary. lols..... cheers :D. Don't be sad okie.....hugz

I'm into sewing. Well not exactly sewing on the sewing machine. Doing crochet. Currently making a crochet baby blanket for my baby. Hope I can get it done before she pops. :p
@sunstarmon, wow.... cannot imagine how long do you take to make a blanket crochet. I am also making a small toy crocheting for my baby for few weeks already but not done yet, coz sometime feel so tired and just want to sleep, so my project postpone. Dunno if I can finish before my baby pops ....

I went for my scan that day and asked if bb head turn down already but he said at this time the bb moving is still quite dynamic one wor....
It depends on which week are you at now. Coz my gynae told me that normally baby head turn down at week 32, latest week 35. If not then "ma fan", coz restrained space to move around. I also read some books that it is better to make bb head turn down before week 36, otherwise too big cannot turn around already.

I'm into sewing. Well not exactly sewing on the sewing machine. Doing crochet. Currently making a crochet baby blanket for my baby. Hope I can get it done before she pops. :p

Wahhh.... I seriously envy those who can knit/crochet. Tried once long time ago and seriously got no patience for it.
My cousin, however is doing a blanket for my baby. Cant wait to see the result.

Wahhh.... I seriously envy those who can knit/crochet. Tried once long time ago and seriously got no patience for it.
My cousin, however is doing a blanket for my baby. Cant wait to see the result.
@nazriah, can try make small stuff first like booties or hat which actually can be done within a day time. I also no patience making a blanket... takes longer time to make blanket, so never even start try to do a blanket. hahaha.....

Pixie - my EDD also 23 May and Mt A. I just booked hositpal bed last week. But i going for 2 bedded. How is 4d scan diff from 3D huh? I tot usually pple go for 3D scan. Didnt know got 4D scan..hehehe

Thks mommies :) woke up this morning feeling less emo… Going for my photoshoot later, shld be enjoyable!

Hubby still dun remember its our anniversary. Shall guilt him into buying me a bag or something wahaha…

@cynn04 , i aso feel after having kid hubby take things fr granted, 1st kid super duper excited, now everyday face comp play game... Sigh. Free time for kids aso face comp n bring kids to lap sit n play tgt..faintz.
Happy anni to u! Yea we ladies of cos emo if important dates are forgotten, further wit the preg n stuff tiring us down.

I know right, my 'treatment' super different fr first preg to this! Really taken for granted dat i can still do everything pre-preg. My hubby oso same pattern, come back complain tired eyes still glued to iphone ipad. If my gal bugging him, throw her ipad.

After countless nagging, he slightly better now will read sometimes to her instead.

What to do, can only vent here. Tell him he say I stress him. 自讨没趣。

Thks mommies :) woke up this morning feeling less emo… Going for my photoshoot later, shld be enjoyable!

Hubby still dun remember its our anniversary. Shall guilt him into buying me a bag or something wahaha…

A bag sounds great! Hahha.... have fun at the photoshoot!

hahaha.... good. Tell him, you give him baby liao, he should give something more...... lols

Upon entering 3rd trimester, I have been feel v nauseous. In fact had vomited already. It feels like I'm back to 1st trimester. Feeling so sick... and adding to my consistent backache and sleepless nights...its getting tough.
That sounds bad.... Do go for pre-natal massages? I can sleep better with the massages (besides the waking up for pee-ing times...)...

Yeah, I agree on the pre natal massages will make one sleep better. After my first trimester, I have been having massages once a mth. Even tho in the day I'll be super tired, but at night, I wld say I sleep rather soundly.

Wat brand of compression stocking safe for preg use?
I bought scholl from guardian the smallest and it's slightly loose ard my thighs coz I'm petite.
I used to wear this even before pregnancy but the full panty hose kind when I had leg pain from standing too long cooking at home.
This time ard bought the ones up to thigh as I feared it would be tight around my lower belly.
I read online that compression stockings are recommended to prevent varicose veins even, maintain leg strength and blood flow and generally helps. So far the leg cramps have stopped for me so I'm happy and relieved. :)

Pixie - my EDD also 23 May and Mt A. I just booked hositpal bed last week. But i going for 2 bedded. How is 4d scan diff from 3D huh? I tot usually pple go for 3D scan. Didnt know got 4D scan..hehehe
Wonder for FTM if baby will really follow EDD or not? Read it really depends some earlier, only 5% come out on the day itself and others later. 4d is the movement they stitch together from the 3d. So it looks like a short video clip. Haix if only my baby let me see yesterday!!!

Hi, just to share on breastpump, whether u looking for single, dual, manual, or motorised, portable, or plug in. Too many brands too many choice *headache*. For me i been using medela freestyle -handsfree, portable cos of my work i need pump anywhere i go (lasted since year 2011, serviced it twice and bought new battery, changed all the accessories every 6 mths, so far so good - need to buy the exact size funnel as nipple size varies). My 1st pump before medela was Tommee tippee (old model, dual and need to plug in) - suction was okie but not comfortable, and less than 3 mths the suction gets weak and the parts get yellowish.
There are now more choice available in the market, i believe each n every pump is good enough to clear ur milk and give u gd headstart when u start to express. Just go according to ur budget, or look up reviews n suggestions.. There sure r pros n cons too. Once u are set on buying that model, dun listen to more advices or get swayed by it. Haha, cos very common to compare after paying the money.

May mummies have a variety of hospital chosen for deliveries! Currently which hosp does ur gynae do the delivery?

Thanks to all for the replies, it was helpful. For the breastpump, I am looking at dual electric. I shortlisted Spectra and Ardo, both quite good reviews. Medela is out due to budget constraints. So not sure any mummies here used either of these before.

As for hospital, my gynae can do the delivery at either Mt A or TMC. I am still undecided between these 2 hospitals as from reviews both got an equal mixture of good and bad reviews.

My delivery date is around mid April but now I still have not prepared much, still have to buy steriliser etc... For steriliser, will be getting Pigeon. For milk bottles, not sure yet. Mummies here got any suggestion which brand of bottle to shortlist?

Aiyok.. on bus ride to work.. but this guy beside me got stools smell:confused:.... sitting window seat and cannot change. He's not pregnant nor old and so many other seats yet sharing reserved seats with me.. pregnant ladies very sensitive to weird smells...:(

Also toying with cord blood banking whether to do it or not. Hubby was thinking there is no such need. I checked with gynae, if I donate to public bank, there is a charge incur by him. For private bank, his charge are covered under the private bank package.

Wont really follow EDD exactly. i see on the 4d. Wasted that you cant see much yday. I book my maternity shoot in early April also. Hopefully tummy will be big so that the pics will look nicer.

When I pre-registered in Jan, I submitted the online form for the suite as my first and super deluxe as second preference. BUT I keep hearing how people don't even get a single room -_-" due to the high volume of deliveries in recent times at Mt A. So keeping fingers crossed. How about you?

@PixiePosh, I've not decided on single for 2 bedder. Would prefer single but thought of saving money and gg for 2 bedder since it's only 2-3 nights.

Also toying with cord blood banking whether to do it or not. Hubby was thinking there is no such need. I checked with gynae, if I donate to public bank, there is a charge incur by him. For private bank, his charge are covered under the private bank package.
Think you should approach Cordlife to ask for more information. They are not pushy and unlike those conventional sales people, that's why i felt quite at ease... Store privately is to ensure we have more options for them in future so as not to miss out on important medical breakthroughs that may not happen now but in the future! Anyway just ask, no commitments or obligations.

@PixiePosh, I've not decided on single for 2 bedder. Would prefer single but thought of saving money and gg for 2 bedder since it's only 2-3 nights.
My friend delivered in Glene, vaginal delivery, 2-bedder already $7k plus... $4k by cash... Now i am thinking whether my gynae can deliver elsewhere other than glene anot. So ex.... And i wanted a 1-bedder.

Wah... I think my hubby will also fall into this category... he's a gamer.. ahh.. he was saying that during confinement, he will juggle both the baby and game when doing night duty... machiam like a pro..:p I wait till I see how he manage...

but can't find a gd solution to this cos it's like his hobby although I felt too much time is given to that ...:cool:

Wah... I think my hubby will also fall into this category... he's a gamer.. ahh.. he was saying that during confinement, he will juggle both the baby and game when doing night duty... machiam like a pro..:p I wait till I see how he manage...

but can't find a gd solution to this cos it's like his hobby although I felt too much time is given to that ...:cool:
@AngelDustV, my hubby also always sit in front of laptop once he got home. Not playing game though, but he is browsing all about his hobby, dunno what. But nothing related to how to take care baby stuff, etc. Sometimes I angry with him, later got baby liao, see if he still do that, I will hide the laptop away from him. Ask him better play with baby. lols .....

wow... issit? I just know if there will be another charge if we want to donate to public bank. I have not asked my doctor about it yet. But my doctor just asked me to put a deposit for his fees for delivery. So expensiveee........ I think I have spent more than 3k for prenatal visits plus supplement, etc. Then need to put aside for doctor fee for delivery and hospital fee. Think would be another 6-7k for normal delivery.

I heard from my friend that she donated the cord blood but her baby's cord blood was determined unacceptable and was thrown away. Reason for uncceptability unknown. Maybe not enough cord blood? Idk.
Then my cousin went for cord blood banking but was rejected as not enough cord blood. in the end the deposit was forfeited... non refundable.
Since donation requires a fee, how about delay clamping l...saw a lot of discussion on fb on this.

And the government wonders why there is a low birth rate. Having a child in SG is definitely more pricey than other countries. And our so called "benefits" is very miserable. Seriously $450 for prenatal claim from medisave like hello my very first appt was $400. -_-
Needless to say about the lame medisave claim amt for hospital either because prices differ for each patient depending what goes down on day of delivery, type of room + doctor fees + PD fees + any other misc fees.
I roughly estimated about 15k for me for delivery before the medisave claims.

@sunstarmon, wow.... cannot imagine how long do you take to make a blanket crochet. I am also making a small toy crocheting for my baby for few weeks already but not done yet, coz sometime feel so tired and just want to sleep, so my project postpone. Dunno if I can finish before my baby pops ....
Same same. i keep postponing it due to my backache. This is my first crochet project. So its going slow. Learning by watching online tutorials. I started since 2nd trimester. Finishing soon. Finger crossed.

I want a single room coz I want to rest properly after my delivery and my hubby will want to stay with me. I just want the privacy as well as own bathroom so it's more convenient.

Anyone using Avent single electric pump? How long does it takes for one side? Double is quite expensive and I m not sure if I will have enough milk supply for my baby.

I been taking multivaitamins, just started on calcium pills AGAIN, stopped during 2nd tri but i realise i need since i seldom buy milk to drink. Ya, low fat or skimmed cold milk is good enough to get the calcium (3 cups a day!!!)

@icyjol is right.. if got family history or if u request to do it then gynae will do.if not its not neccessary.

Thats great news :) !! My baby din turn during my feb checkup, plus add in my high glucose, doubt got space for baby (already 1.23kg in feb) to be head down. Now waiting for miracle or have to opt for c-sec (dread at the tot of it since my previous 2 epi+ natural delivery).
Doc advise me to place pillow under back for 10mins daily b4 bedtime and talk to baby hope he faster head down...

GREAT. I can now drink my fresh milk without feeling guilty anymore. Do you take soybean milk as a form of calcium supplement/booster as well?

The epidural pain when insert into back spine is nothing compared to the contractions. My sis in law delivered all 3 kids at kkh, private single is the best.. Dont go for 4 bedded, veri noisy n nurses very busy... Delivery suite is comfy!
And aso hope wen deliver ur gynae is able to make it, if not den the doc on duty may do the delivery leh..(so far only one friend i know whose gynae din manage to deliver hers).. I like kkh environment :) but i back to tmc wit same gynae
Oh you're delivering at TMC? Which doctor are you with? Which rooms are you going to book?

[QUOTE="ellieteow, My weakness is spicy food actually. Been taking spicy food on a more frequent basis after pregnancy... In your experience, would it cause heat burn, etc as well?)
@ellieteow, I also like spicy food and has been eating spicy food all along my pregnancy. So far no heartburn, etc....*thanks God* but dunno later when breastfeed whether I can stop not to eat spicy food. lols....[/QUOTE]
Exactly. But when we're breastfeeding, I'm sure there are lots of dos and donts... Anyway, I can't take super spicy food as well... So I'm sure with everything in moderation... Is fine.

BTW. Had a check up earlier and I've gained about 10kg?! (at 28weeks). My gynae is going to freak out when I see her next week.

And the government wonders why there is a low birth rate. Having a child in SG is definitely more pricey than other countries. And our so called "benefits" is very miserable. Seriously $450 for prenatal claim from medisave like hello my very first appt was $400. -_-
Needless to say about the lame medisave claim amt for hospital either because prices differ for each patient depending what goes down on day of delivery, type of room + doctor fees + PD fees + any other misc fees.
I roughly estimated about 15k for me for delivery before the medisave claims.
Is there a prenatal claim?? I dunno about all the funding. . Currently paying all by cash for the monthly checkups and scans.. hmmmm

I'm so scared of pain that I'm now worrying so much for labour. Haizz
@cynn04 @furbee

I thought I have a pretty high tolerance for pain; but the more I hear about epidural or NO epidural... I'm beginning to feel a little fearful. Met a journalist yesterday who interviewed Dr. Christopher Chong from Glenagles (apparently he's the one delivering all the celebs babies) on the topic of epidural. He told her frankly, if you want more than 2 kids, he would advise mammas to get epidural (as the pain would be v high, do not want mums to be traumatised).

At the end of the day. Whether Pro Natural or Pro Medical Intervention (inc. epi)... We got to ultimately decide, WHY are we choosing natural for? Why are we enduring for? - because everyone says to go natural, or because of the medical benefits of going natural... Also, if epidural is "bad", why is it still being offered to mums all over the world?

Ugh. Tough choice. (My hubby has to go: if women can give birth in the past 100% natural, no reason we can't do it now :confused: )

@AngelDustV, my hubby also always sit in front of laptop once he got home. Not playing game though, but he is browsing all about his hobby, dunno what. But nothing related to how to take care baby stuff, etc. Sometimes I angry with him, later got baby liao, see if he still do that, I will hide the laptop away from him. Ask him better play with baby. lols .....
This method can work meh??? He can still access via hp... hahahahhaa.... at least I know what game he is playing just that I dun have the same interest.. and the game looks so chim .. so I just sing along to the game music.. other people's babies listen to classical music mine is game music.. hahaha:)

So anyway I went for my 4d scan today and my baby decided to not cooperate and placed the hand on the face to not show me the face -_-
I am starting to feel like a parent
I'm thinking of going for a 4D scan as well! Where did you go for yours? Also, which week are you at, and which are the best periods to go for the scans?

Back