(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I just bought the bratop from uniqlo it is comfortable but I find it v hot....haha maybe I am not used to wearing it. Also I have to wear their xl cos my boobies are big but the shirt is long
@momocrv .. u managed to buy during offer period at $19.90? After the 1st wash I wore it inside a polo tee.. felt hot (duno to it's the weather or my own pregnant body temperature)... but a few more washes then seems ok already.. plus recent weather is turning warmer.. I also bought so many size larger.. from previous S to now L size.. think this cutting quite small ..:oops:another more trustworthy reason is cos I expanded.. hahaha:D those larger size nursing bra I'm still waiting for my fren to help me order.. haven got chance to try whether comfy or not.

finally stepped into my third trimester today @ 28 weeks! Bump is growing bigger and moving so much in the day. Another 10 weeks to go before starting to countdown to the arrival! really looking forward to the April baby fair to get some last minute buys...

anyone into sewing? I am looking at buying some fabric from fabric.com to sew for baby stuff after delivering (pantang husband say cannot use sewing machine when pregnant)

I'm into sewing. Well not exactly sewing on the sewing machine. Doing crochet. Currently making a crochet baby blanket for my baby. Hope I can get it done before she pops. :p

Why need to book hospital? Tot it will be the current one that u are going for checkups? I will be at kkh... hahahaha... hope everything will be fine.:p Anyone of u tried kkh before?? Still struggling whether to use epidural not... been considering for months.. but 1st one.. dunno the impact of the pain...:confused: only heard is super pain.... lol..

Very tempted to do postnatal but my colleagues were saying not necessary. . Hmm
Why need to book hospital? Tot it will be the current one that u are going for checkups? I will be at kkh... hahahaha... hope everything will be fine.:p Anyone of u tried kkh before?? Still struggling whether to use epidural not... been considering for months.. but 1st one.. dunno the impact of the pain...:confused: only heard is super pain.... lol..

Very tempted to do postnatal but my colleagues were saying not necessary. . Hmm
I'm with KKH too. My first as well. Some ask me to go for epidural some advised no. Personally I'm scare of the big needle and it's possible side effect. Thinking......
hoping I can endure the pain with just laughing gas. Heard that once u reach the maximum pain u can go thru it without epidural. Wondering if it's true.

I'm with KKH too. My first as well. Some ask me to go for epidural some advised no. Personally I'm scare of the big needle and it's possible side effect. Thinking......
hoping I can endure the pain with just laughing gas. Heard that once u reach the maximum pain u can go thru it without epidural. Wondering if it's true.

Wah.. most likely I will be going 1st.. cos my edd 11 May plus dunno baby will arrive early anot. I heard super pain leh..:confused: my sis 3 babies also use 3 times epidural.. hahaha.. but husband ask me not to use.. I dunno my pain tolerance level can be how high. ... aiyoo_O

Wah.. most likely I will be going 1st.. cos my edd 11 May plus dunno baby will arrive early anot. I heard super pain leh..:confused: my sis 3 babies also use 3 times epidural.. hahaha.. but husband ask me not to use.. I dunno my pain tolerance level can be how high. ... aiyoo_O
Ya. my EDD is 24 May. U will deliver first. Heee. Have u decided wat class ward?

@furbee, you can try do some position at home and hold for 5 min and do it as often as you can. For example:
1. knee chest position
2. half bridge position
3. downward dog position
You can google how the position looks like. The principle is we are using gravity to make the baby head turn down.

Hope your bb turn head down soon!
I went for my scan that day and asked if bb head turn down already but he said at this time the bb moving is still quite dynamic one wor....

U must control your food intake leh. Don't be like me, till today I am still hospitalized. Doctor said sugar level must below 5.5 (before meal) and 7 (2 hrs after meal) then can discharge. Solid five day in hospital, I want to go home! :( :'(

Hospital's diabetic meal is really tasteless and very small portion, doc don't allow me to eat any other food. I am starving :(
Oh dear hope you can go home soon. Take care!

@momocrv .. u managed to buy during offer period at $19.90? After the 1st wash I wore it inside a polo tee.. felt hot (duno to it's the weather or my own pregnant body temperature)... but a few more washes then seems ok already.. plus recent weather is turning warmer.. I also bought so many size larger.. from previous S to now L size.. think this cutting quite small ..:oops:another more trustworthy reason is cos I expanded.. hahaha:D those larger size nursing bra I'm still waiting for my fren to help me order.. haven got chance to try whether comfy or not.
No wor I forgot about it that time...so I jus bought recently at $29.90 :( I just got one to try out. It is more comfortable than those nursing maternity bra just that it feels hot. Let me try after a few wash maybe it will be better.

My hubby aso asked me endure before i went into deliver room. Once inside, end up he is the one who called the nurses to faster ask doc for epidural..lol. Cos he see i curl up on pain den paiseh to scream keep sweating, he say heartpain, rather dun need me go thru the pain... Lol. But if mama is able to endure, GO FOR IT WITHOUT EPI! The laughing gas u have to breathe in before the contractions arrive, cos it takes few second to 'activate' or for the effect to come.

Seriously hor, no need listen to husband la cos they are not the ones going thru labour!! Ask mothers who actually went thru the process, maybe do some research if you are more pro natural. Eventually you make the decision.

I think if you deliver naturally, you still have abit of time to experience the contraction pains and see if can tahan before asking for epidural at delivery ward. But preferably make a decision beforehand bah. Cos never know if the anaethestist went for lunch, hospital shorthanded, or you suddenly dilate very fast etc…

Same thing i oso very pek chek when my hubby tried to advise me on breastfeeding. It's like you grow boobs and try lor!! Latching and mastitis how pain you know meh :/

Hi all mummies... I would like to know can I join this thread? I am a April mummy but the April thread very quiet and I need some advise as to the type of breast pumps and which hospital for delivery etc.

Hi all mummies... I would like to know can I join this thread? I am a April mummy but the April thread very quiet and I need some advise as to the type of breast pumps and which hospital for delivery etc.

Hi, just to share on breastpump, whether u looking for single, dual, manual, or motorised, portable, or plug in. Too many brands too many choice *headache*. For me i been using medela freestyle -handsfree, portable cos of my work i need pump anywhere i go (lasted since year 2011, serviced it twice and bought new battery, changed all the accessories every 6 mths, so far so good - need to buy the exact size funnel as nipple size varies). My 1st pump before medela was Tommee tippee (old model, dual and need to plug in) - suction was okie but not comfortable, and less than 3 mths the suction gets weak and the parts get yellowish.
There are now more choice available in the market, i believe each n every pump is good enough to clear ur milk and give u gd headstart when u start to express. Just go according to ur budget, or look up reviews n suggestions.. There sure r pros n cons too. Once u are set on buying that model, dun listen to more advices or get swayed by it. Haha, cos very common to compare after paying the money.

May mummies have a variety of hospital chosen for deliveries! Currently which hosp does ur gynae do the delivery?

@furbee: where do you get the accessories for medela freestyle breast Pump? My gf will pass me hers but am wondering whether I need to change any parts for hygiene purposes? Any advice?

@furbee: where do you get the accessories for medela freestyle breast Pump? My gf will pass me hers but am wondering whether I need to change any parts for hygiene purposes? Any advice?

My gf also will borrow me her medela breast pump and i change all the parts for gygiene purpose. You can buy it online or go to medela counter they sell all the accesories.

@happy08 , best is to change all those detacthable parts like the Tubing, funnel, shells etc. i bought locally online from kulily.com. Mums and babes, kiddy palace,etc also selling, or u can go to the medela service centre ard toh guan area, and they can advise u on the size to buy, so u wont get too small or large shells. (When express the nipples will rub against it, can cause bleeding, or too big the milk may not flow..) u can also bring ur motor down if got warranty to check if still in gd condition, or if the motor is weak, if no warranty den best to call n check if got any fee for checking. I know if need replacement or servicing den need pay at LEAST $60 wor. Buying the parts in US is even cheaper if got friend/relative gg there.sometimes online have spree for medela or other brands also.

First day in hospital: before food 9; after food 13.

Today is fifth days in hospital: before food 6; after food 8.8

8.8 is still on high side... :(
Down more water! Take more fruits, i read that grapefruit or certain citrus fruit is also good. I drank lime/lemon with water for the 2 days when i took my glucose home test..duno if it can work for u. Jiayou!!!!

Ya. my EDD is 24 May. U will deliver first. Heee. Have u decided wat class ward?
Never decide on the ward yet cos din know have to choose... but I dun mind sharing with other mummies.. I think shd be fine.. hehehe.. maybe a 4bedder.. they haven inform me of anything to choose yet.. I felt kkh abit brief. As long as u r normal and healthy then they won't say much.. hahaha

Oh.. u already have a breastpump.. I heard for the parts u can also use the baby bottle sterilizer...

I bought the spectra dual pump on the previous baby fair cos got alot freebies.. but the cheapest model @ $99 was sold out when I went so I bought the next model. I asked for feedback from my friend who just gave birth about 5 months ago and review is good...

Medala seems to be a more branded brand so the price is also higher. .

My hubby aso asked me endure before i went into deliver room. Once inside, end up he is the one who called the nurses to faster ask doc for epidural..lol. Cos he see i curl up on pain den paiseh to scream keep sweating, he say heartpain, rather dun need me go thru the pain... Lol. But if mama is able to endure, GO FOR IT WITHOUT EPI! The laughing gas u have to breathe in before the contractions arrive, cos it takes few second to 'activate' or for the effect to come.

My hubby worry about the post effect of the epidural... but I worry more about pain during the process. Hahahaha.... then if decided to make do without the epidural.. then may not have time to do it if regret.. cos I heard needs like 30 mins at least to take effect.. *sweat*

But got some mama can go through the process without it. Ahh.. so brave. .

How about the bottle warmer and steriliser? Any recommendations? I've got brand new tommee tippee bottles from my cousin wondering what warmer and steriliser is suitable? many recommend avent but I heard it doesn't have temperature control. Wat did u gals get?

How about the bottle warmer and steriliser? Any recommendations? I've got brand new tommee tippee bottles from my cousin wondering what warmer and steriliser is suitable? many recommend avent but I heard it doesn't have temperature control. Wat did u gals get?

Sterilizer wise, i dont tink need any temperature, as long it HOT can liao. (Tried tommee tippee i din like it, i bought avent at promotion, been using for 2 years) Do note some sterilizer cannot fit tommee tippee bottle, cos their bottle is slight bigger.. Most important is when u wash with the bottle liquid soap must wash it clean, make sure no milk stains/residue (highly recommend Pureen bottle wash -cheap and good, if no budget i recommend NUK).

And remember buy breast milk warmer (this have temperature setting).. If use frequently cos nv latch on, i tink gd to buy cheaper brands like tollyjoy less den $50. Even 2nd hand ones can go as low as $10. My warmer spoilt at least 2x in 1 yr, so good to keep receipt for exchange n warranty. Tried tommee tippee warmer (mid price, but that time in yr 2011 not so high tech, so temp of milk was higher den 40degree). I heard avent warmer is good too, but must check if tommee tippee bottle can fit in anot...

Oh.. u already have a breastpump.. I heard for the parts u can also use the baby bottle sterilizer...

I bought the spectra dual pump on the previous baby fair cos got alot freebies.. but the cheapest model @ $99 was sold out when I went so I bought the next model. I asked for feedback from my friend who just gave birth about 5 months ago and review is good...

Medala seems to be a more branded brand so the price is also higher. .

Yup can sterilize the parts tgt with the bottles and all, but cos i share with my sis in law so i seperately sterilize after washing. Yup spectra is one of the up coming brands that have great reviews too, so far no complains from my friends using it also. But must use both to compare the breast milk output...hehe. Medela is really too ex to buy in sg... But for me i consider fully utilised the pump lah.. Used for more than 3 yrs in total..n still working..

My hubby worry about the post effect of the epidural... but I worry more about pain during the process. Hahahaha.... then if decided to make do without the epidural.. then may not have time to do it if regret.. cos I heard needs like 30 mins at least to take effect.. *sweat*

But got some mama can go through the process without it. Ahh.. so brave. .

For me once epi is inserted in the pain from contractions is GONE! U can ask the nurse to control the drip amount (mine was at the minimal so one tube can last few hours, and wont spend so much money- use more pay more). End up within one tube i manage to push out just in time.

Even if use epi, or No epi, can also remind doc b4 stitch up to inject (as in painkiller or watsoever) on ur vagina, by right if take epi dun need inject de.. I had friends who tot after epi not pain, but can 'feel' the stitching...but is bearable according to them. I KIASU, KIASI, die die ask gynae to inject... Lol

Sterilizer wise, i dont tink need any temperature, as long it HOT can liao. (Tried tommee tippee i din like it, i bought avent at promotion, been using for 2 years) Do note some sterilizer cannot fit tommee tippee bottle, cos their bottle is slight bigger.. Most important is when u wash with the bottle liquid soap must wash it clean, make sure no milk stains/residue (highly recommend Pureen bottle wash -cheap and good, if no budget i recommend NUK).

And remember buy breast milk warmer (this have temperature setting).. If use frequently cos nv latch on, i tink gd to buy cheaper brands like tollyjoy less den $50. Even 2nd hand ones can go as low as $10. My warmer spoilt at least 2x in 1 yr, so good to keep receipt for exchange n warranty. Tried tommee tippee warmer (mid price, but that time in yr 2011 not so high tech, so temp of milk was higher den 40degree). I heard avent warmer is good too, but must check if tommee tippee bottle can fit in anot...
I think conclusion is get a cheap warmer since it can get spoil so easily? Ya loh....this TT bottle so fat Not all can fit in. Headache

I got the HANIL UV sterilizer so that I can sterilize other stuff besides just baby feeding stuff

Furbee, u best lah.... all info in hand. Thanks alot for all the tips. Even tho my edd will be in april, I have a huge feeling that baby will be out sometime this month. (Lets see if it's true!!)

The nearer it gets the more nervouse I can be.

Yey, another april mummy!! Hehhehe... yeaps, April thread a lil quiet. Guess all are in fb tho. Been in here since almost from the start. This is a very helpful thread esp for 1st time mummies! Lots of tips and sharing

Yey, another april mummy!! Hehhehe... yeaps, April thread a lil quiet. Guess all are in fb tho. Been in here since almost from the start. This is a very helpful thread esp for 1st time mummies! Lots of tips and sharing
It's the other way around for May, thread more active than FB

It's the other way around for May, thread more active than FB

Hehhe... it works well for me coz I am not active in fb as from start of pregnancy I forget my fb password and also the password for the email used for fb. Bummer, right?!! Hahhaha....

That's right PixiePosh....after doing my research I have also decided not to go ahead with the private banking and choose to donate it instead.
Hmmm... Apparently the research I did shows otherwise.... I'm looking at the potential of these cells more than current treatments. If not there wouldn't be so much news in the US on studies on the potential. Anyway they are the raw cells from my baby and storing them is within my financial capability, only a few hundreds with baby bonus. So might as well do it, think long term....

I encourage a well thought through. If one day no medicine is left, at least we have the baby own cells left, which doesn't make things worse, for sure.

@cynn04 @furbee That's the thing about epidural - I hear about it all the time in the office, about how NOT to use epidural... My boss actually went with the hypnobirthing technique and it worked out wonderfully for both pregnancies.... But I just have no idea what's my threshold level for pain. I THOUGHT I was pretty good with pain... But pre-pregnancy, some of my period cramps got me lying flat on my bed, and sometimes, I have to go get injections to ease the cramps...... So I'm pretty worried if I can handle it or not... Trying not to go the c-sect way, as youtube videos have me pretty freaked out about how they cut through your stomach and your muscles, pulling them to get the baby out :(
I'm so scared of pain that I'm now worrying so much for labour. Haizz

Furbee, u best lah.... all info in hand. Thanks alot for all the tips. Even tho my edd will be in april, I have a huge feeling that baby will be out sometime this month. (Lets see if it's true!!)

The nearer it gets the more nervouse I can be.

Been thru 2 deliveries, pocket getting tighter so must plan well.. Hehe.

Trust ur instinct! If u put on a considerable amount of weight n bb is growing towards 2.8kg or more, den high chance. Most will have frequent back aches, n wen walk will be like penguin! I think u haf by now prepared everything from hosp bag to the day u bring bb home !! Maybe ur the 1st mummy to share this thread SG50 delivery process.. :)

Been thru 2 deliveries, pocket getting tighter so must plan well.. Hehe.

Trust ur instinct! If u put on a considerable amount of weight n bb is growing towards 2.8kg or more, den high chance. Most will have frequent back aches, n wen walk will be like penguin! I think u haf by now prepared everything from hosp bag to the day u bring bb home !! Maybe ur the 1st mummy to share this thread SG50 delivery process.. :)

Hahhaha.... I walk like penguin long time alrdy. Hahhaha.... hospital bag more or less is ready. Baby clothes all washed and in ziplock. Planning by this week or latest next week will arranged on baby's shelving unit.

Now just waiting for next appt in 2weeks. Seems like so far away tho.

@happy08 , best is to change all those detacthable parts like the Tubing, funnel, shells etc. i bought locally online from kulily.com. Mums and babes, kiddy palace,etc also selling, or u can go to the medela service centre ard toh guan area, and they can advise u on the size to buy, so u wont get too small or large shells. (When express the nipples will rub against it, can cause bleeding, or too big the milk may not flow..) u can also bring ur motor down if got warranty to check if still in gd condition, or if the motor is weak, if no warranty den best to call n check if got any fee for checking. I know if need replacement or servicing den need pay at LEAST $60 wor. Buying the parts in US is even cheaper if got friend/relative gg there.sometimes online have spree for medela or other brands also.

Thanks Furbee. That's very informative. Don't think it's under any warranty as she has been using it since her elder daughter who is already 3+ yrs old.

Thanks Furbee. That's very informative. Don't think it's under any warranty as she has been using it since her elder daughter who is already 3+ yrs old.

Oh, den better check out if the motor is weak before u deliver. Scarly pump halfway it gives way.. I kenna before!! Very sad den engorge few hours, somemore need wait till they rush the servicing or replace or motor. :)

We are near...... Have you decided on the room?
When I pre-registered in Jan, I submitted the online form for the suite as my first and super deluxe as second preference. BUT I keep hearing how people don't even get a single room -_-" due to the high volume of deliveries in recent times at Mt A. So keeping fingers crossed. How about you?

I got the spectra pump from the may mommies fb group to try after reading all the good reviews. Altho i already have a medela freestyle. Really backside itchy. But the freestyle was giving me problems, as in not emptying boobs well enough resulting in blocked ducts, so decided to use as backup this time.

Hmm i better retrieve my steriliser and warmer frm storage to see if it is still working. Using Avent too.

I think there are 2 fb groups for may mommies? The one im in is quite active with all the spreeing and pics sharing. But im generally quite a stickler for privacy, so not commenting much over there as the gp started way before i joined.

Last edited:
I got the spectra pump from the may mommies fb group to try after reading all the good reviews. Altho i already have a medela freestyle. Really backside itchy. But the freestyle was giving me problems, as in not emptying boobs well enough resulting in blocked ducts, so decided to use as backup this time.

Hmm i better retrieve my steriliser and warmer frm storage to see if it is still working. Using Avent too.

I think there are 2 fb groups for may mommies? The one im in is quite active with all the spreeing and pics sharing. But im generally quite a stickler for privacy, so not commenting much over there as the gp started way before i joined.
No idea if there are two groups because many of us were asking to join and no one replied us so we ended up starting one thinking there was none..

So anyway I went for my 4d scan today and my baby decided to not cooperate and placed the hand on the face to not show me the face -_-
I am starting to feel like a parent

Back