Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

I stopped taking spicy food after ET which is tough for me as i love spicy food. I remember tcm told me not to take during tww. But now after bfp, i did take abit occasionally. I remember my 1st pregnancy which i conceived naturally, i had very spicy food everyday..

Chilly/curry: Can take just hv to be careful as the clinics r afraid some of us are not used to the spices and get a tummy ache or the runs which is not good overall. As most of us worked really hard to conceive, they rather err on the side of kiasu. Perhaps just take cautiously and see if baby likes it and then progress from there :)

Mummies just to share, I drank lots of milk during my preg. And my aunts n friends n cousin all comment that my boy is very fair i wonder is it the intake of milk that I took that helps. I took goats milk n cows milk every day. Each day I can drink up to 4 cups of milk. Partly because when I took the milk powder I almost puke all out. So from then on I took purely milk n occasionally soya bean milk. Hope it helps those mummies who is currently preg

Hi @ron8129 doctor still kept me in hospital even though the bleeding stopped a few days back. The longest I been in hospital!! So far still on antibiotics but he's cut down my other hormone pills. But here I was receiving daily injections. Today he said last one...but let's see. He said there's high chance I'll have bleeding again. So now is a waiting game!

Hi @ron8129 doctor still kept me in hospital even though the bleeding stopped a few days back. The longest I been in hospital!! So far still on antibiotics but he's cut down my other hormone pills. But here I was receiving daily injections. Today he said last one...but let's see. He said there's high chance I'll have bleeding again. So now is a waiting game!
safer in hospital....at least well taken care off with no wori...(other than bills)

Izadah, did u do any scan? Is the clot still there?

@kymkym yea man the bills! This is third hospitalization within 1 month. Sigh. Salary come in & goes out like water. So far ok here...I feel happier ever since he stopped my complete rest. At least can go to toilet myself.

@EnH the scan on Monday tht showed the clots was the last. Doctor doesn't want to scan again. Ever since Tuesday been on antibiotics. So I hope tht can trust doctor's treatment of me & clots are going away. But he did say I'll prob bleed most likely Thts the clots going away? Unless it self heals in there... How do clots heal anyway? I'm too scared to read up about it

@kymkym yea man the bills! This is third hospitalization within 1 month. Sigh. Salary come in & goes out like water. So far ok here...I feel happier ever since he stopped my complete rest. At least can go to toilet myself.

@EnH the scan on Monday tht showed the clots was the last. Doctor doesn't want to scan again. Ever since Tuesday been on antibiotics. So I hope tht can trust doctor's treatment of me & clots are going away. But he did say I'll prob bleed most likely Thts the clots going away? Unless it self heals in there... How do clots heal anyway? I'm too scared to read up about it
For my case, doc say I pass out the clot myself. The blood clot was detected during week 6 scan . However, I only passed out red blood n blood clot on 20/2, week 9. I did scan on 21/2, doc saw old blood n said I m likely to bleed again. Doc scan again on 24/2 n the clots are gone and doc said that I have passed out the clot myself. But until tdy, I still have some brown spotting.

Oh oh! @EnH I hope mine can also be like tht or at least self heals. I guess these kind of thing can only wait & see. We all just pray hard for our babies now....
Hope all goes well for u too!!

Dr Roland was nice to know I worry about bills n help me get nurse to print out the first 3 days bills for me to go thru. He say if too burden for me we can discuss how long more I need to stay. I end up 5 d4n in peh n costs me almost 5k but all it's worth after I see my baby now...

@dolly_gal, did you see dr roland between 16 and 20 week? I saw him at 15 week and next appointment is 21 week. I have the detailed scan at 20 week so won't be seeing him. Seem soooo long before I get to see my baby girl. Kinda miss her.

Chuckles, it's usually every 4 weeks see him till late tri 2 then bi weekly if I dun rem wrongly.. time flies, dun worry too much. Be Happy mummy

Yea he's quite concerned about my financial situation Curz I been admitted thrice this month! But he had to make me stay one week plus in hospital because of the blood. I found out my insurance doesn't cover for the stays. Sigh. oh well, take it it's for good of the babies!

@chuckles how many weeks are u now?

Hi ladies,
What supplements or vitamins do you take during pregnancy? Which brand will you recommend? I'm 6 weeks pregnant now and only taking folic acid and royal jelly.

Hi ladies,
What supplements or vitamins do you take during pregnancy? Which brand will you recommend? I'm 6 weeks pregnant now and only taking folic acid and royal jelly.

Can take Royal jelly meh. I thought can't take leh. I nv take once I'm preg wor. Took ganilia multi vitamin n dha frm gnc

Oh oh! @EnH I hope mine can also be like tht or at least self heals. I guess these kind of thing can only wait & see. We all just pray hard for our babies now....
Idazah, I oso hope that it will heal soon. I m back to work today but I am still spotting brown blood. Like what u say, like waiting game, hope the spotting will go away soon. Have u discharged?

Idazah, I oso hope that it will heal soon. I m back to work today but I am still spotting brown blood. Like what u say, like waiting game, hope the spotting will go away soon. Have u discharged?

Yeap discharged. On HL now...

Ask u ladies, what did U do to curb morning sickness? Because I vomit like all day. What I eat goes in & then comes out within 1-2 hours. I've tried not moving around much, take less or no oily food, drink 100 plus (doctor recommended), eat pickle or asam. Nothing works. If it wants to come out, it comes out.

Any alternative strategies?

Hi idazahs,
When i'm on my 1st trimester I also vomit every time after food for whole day , try to drink more soup and drink some milk and also rest well.
You still ok come out after 1-2 hours , mine one immediately come out.
So don't worry and keep eating...

@kymkym: likely womb is expanding - esp in 1st tri. Prob will go on and off as baby grows. Is it very painful? Or just feeling the cramps?

Also, note that as our womb expands, you need to slow down the sudden movements including getting up from bed etc. Gynaes will recommned you get up from the side.

If it is really uncomfortable, best thing for the mind and soul is to get it checked up.

@kymkym: likely womb is expanding - esp in 1st tri. Prob will go on and off as baby grows. Is it very painful? Or just feeling the cramps?

Also, note that as our womb expands, you need to slow down the sudden movements including getting up from bed etc. Gynaes will recommned you get up from the side.

If it is really uncomfortable, best thing for the mind and soul is to get it checked up.
it is more like period cramp that come on and off......hiaz..

Sisters, im 6 weeks 3 days today. Ultrasound shows only gestational sac and yolk sac... should i be worry? My gs did grow 7mm more than my last u/s 1 week ago which im glad for that.

Sisters, im 6 weeks 3 days today. Ultrasound shows only gestational sac and yolk sac... should i be worry? My gs did grow 7mm more than my last u/s 1 week ago which im glad for that.
Hi Eeznyl...I am 6w+1d. Today officially passed the hb scan. ..but Dr. Loh did not tell me how long is my gs. .just saying quite good. .

Hi mummies, if you're considering a maternity insurance, AIA is currently the only company that covers babies conceived via IVF. Do PM or contact me at 90027696 if you would like to find out more. I am myself a mummy of 3 (going on 4) and working with AIA.

@Eeznyl : only time will tell unfortunately. Some babies take their own sweet time. You prob will hv another scan nxt week? Stay strong and positive.

Thanks ron, Dr Tan says im only 5 to 6 weeks gg by my gestational sac... Hopefully next week can see my baby. It's gonna be the longest week of my life.

Week 14 for me now and am still taking.. Not stoping for now cux doing amnio nx wk n need to stabilize uterus..

I went to KK pharmacy but the pharmacist said usually preggy ladies take for one month only so I didn't get to purchase any extra med. Now I worry that after I finish my med still have about 12 days to next consultation.

I went to KK pharmacy but the pharmacist said usually preggy ladies take for one month only so I didn't get to purchase any extra med. Now I worry that after I finish my med still have about 12 days to next consultation.

Any chance u can get ur doc to write u a prescription b4 the next consultation? If not then I guess it's also ok cux I have some friends ( non-IVFs) who are preggy n ve never been asked to take it during 1st tri

@Enchanted my doc gave me up till over 20 weeks..i just finished in fact at week 23 the day before only..it is to help support for prevent of ''habitual abortion (miscarriage) until 20th week of pregnancy''..the leaflet said

As hopeful78 mentioned, the non-ivfers dont get so much progesterone support unless they hv bleeding or spotting incidences. IVF doctors are just more kiasu as they dont know if our infertility cld be related to inadequate (natural) progesterone hence we ivfers get a whole ton of post-BFP support. Most non-IVFers don't grt any progesterone support at all

No one has right or wrong answer. If you are worried, you may want to change or see another gynae concurrently. Otherwise, will just hv to trust your gynae that s/he knows what they are doing. Unless spotting, usually that means progesterone levels r ok.

@Enchanted my doc gave me up till over 20 weeks..i just finished in fact at week 23 the day before only..it is to help support for prevent of ''habitual abortion (miscarriage) until 20th week of pregnancy''..the leaflet said

Thanks so I have to go down KK again to see if I can get a prescription.

Back