advice needed - should be at week 7+ but scan show week 6+ with no heartbeat

purpley

Hi All,

Seen doctor today and everything seems too fast for us to react & b4 we are sound to ask any question, we already left the consultation room. This is my first pregnancy & i'm at a lost. I've done ultrasound & transvaginal scan.

I'm suppose to be at week 7+ as per last menses date but the scan was at week 6+.

Things doctor say are quite scary. I have inverted uterus & the fetus has no heartbeat which mean the fetus is unhealthy and i shall see her again next week. If is at week 7 the fetus should be 1cm longer which mean the fetus is not growing at all. I have no bleeding nor much symptoms of pregnancy which the doctor say is bad. she even ask us to try for a baby again next time. everything seems so negative.

I've checked online that a fetus at week 6 should be 0.25in = 0.6+cm so is mine considered small & no chance at all for the fetus to grow? I'm given duphaston and hope there's a miracle. Long wait till next week.

Last edited:

Hi purpley, have faith! Hugs! Wait for the next scan. I was bleeding and having cramps during my first trimester and I kept going to KKH O&G almost every week because of that and other than duphaston, doctors kept telling me that there is nothing they can do if it's a threatened miscarriage.

They said that most of the time, our bodies may detect and will naturally reject the fetus if it is abnormal.

After 6 trips to the O&G, I stopped thinking and worrying so much. I tell myself that whatever happens it will happen.

And eventually the cramps and bleeding stopped and everything is so far so good.

Stress and anxiety may make the situation worst. Have faith in yourself. Miracles do happen. Hugs.

Hi purpley, I read that it's more difficult to detect heartbeat for a tilted uterus and this may be the case for you. Do get a second opinion if ur current gynae is still unable to detect a heartbeat next week before making any decisions.

Good luck!

Yeah go for a 2nd opinion, and hope the next checkup will be great news for u too. Gambateh~!!

Hi purpley..don't give up hope. ..yes try to go for a 2nd opinion, and hope everything going to be alright. .don't be so stress up..cheers :)

Hi all, thanks for the advice & encouragement.

I've done a scan again yesterday, Our hope is crushed as the fetus had become smaller & still w/o heartbeat.

Doc suggest to have d&c done today & husband agreed so we can ttc again faster.
Also to stop my denying that we can still wait for miracle to happen as the cold hard truth is already out we have to accept the fact.

Is quite devastating for us as well as our parents cos my parents are very old & hoping for this little one to be born but who knows i'm so useless.

I really do hope our next little rainbow baby will appear soon, healthily.

For those who are going through the same case as me, stay strong & jia you. Things do happen for some reason.

Good Bye my first little fellow, we love you. we really do.

Back