(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Dont give up hope! I read online and some ppl only manage to see a sac at wk 6. Maybe just need time and there could also be a possibility that your ovulation the previous mth is later than before? So might still be early :)
hi pinnpinn.. so will there be any posibility that its a false alarm?

I just went for my first appointment with my gynae this morning but the doctor said he can't see anything.. not even the sage ...
my first day of my last period was 22nd jan 15.. so by right I should be 5th week now.. doctor did do a blood test for me.. need to go back again on Friday to see the result.. I am so disappointed now..
It could be that it's a little early. The first time my wife rushed to KKH for a scan around week 6, doctor saw the sac but didn't comment anything. No heartbeat. The doctor just asked us to go home. My wife and I were anxious as she was spotting. We didn't even know that no heartbeat is a concern. The next day, she bled even more, we rushed back KKH again to check. This round, the 2nd doctor explained importance of detecting heartbeat and asked us to prepare for "in case". Hearing that, it caused me to feel even more anxious.... Fortunately, heartbeat was detected and he reassured us that all was ok. Just told my wife to be careful and gave her hormone pills. Now she's fine except for the morning sickness. Now coming to week 9. =)

hi.. you mean there might be possiblilty that even if the test kit shows positive but gynae might test a negative/? .. even if we missed our period.?
I got that before :( i missed my period for 5 days and i tested twice and both gimme very faint line. So we went to a GP and get a test and its negative. Not long after, i got my period. That was a yesr back. I read online and it could be etopia pregnancy. Was sad but didnt think too much into it. So this time round, we are extremely happy that im pregnant (tested thrice! ) but my hubby still have doubts till we see the gynea today to avoid disappoi tment (i sld be around 7-8wks now)

Hello.. actually I'm in a similar situation as u.. my first gynae appt was too early to detect anything.. only can see 7mm waterbag (I was abt 4-5wks then).. gynae said need to wait for it grow until 20mm then can see bb.. till now haven't see gynae.. next appt is 6 mar.. now on folic acid.. and I have no ms now.. earlier still will feel nauseous but now totally no.. so sometimes also will get worried cos can't feel the pregnancy n haven't detected bb n heartbeat..
hi blessedmummytobe...
I just went for my first appointment with my gynae this morning but the doctor said he can't see anything.. not even the sage ...
my first day of my last period was 22nd jan 15.. so by right I should be 5th week now.. doctor did do a blood test for me.. need to go back again on Friday to see the result.. I am so disappointed now

Hihi, this is my #2, went to Gynae last fri, but can't see much yet, edd is 17th oct.
I have an issue here, I have been having brown discharge for 5 days already and discharge is increasing, I called my Gynae, he say is normal, and ask me to wait for my next appt.
Am very worried, should I go to another Gynae to have it checked?

Shirls, i use digital CB test also. More accurate than hpt strips. It will indicate whether you are pregnant or not and state no of weeks if you are pregnant.

Re-test again and if your hpt strips didn't show up two lines and no sign of AF, u might want do blood test to confirm?
hi... I tested using the digital test and it shows that I am pregnant.. but when I went to my gyane this morning.. the doctor said he couldnt see anything leh..

Hi ladies.. I went to see my gynae at kkh today n he did a scan.. But he said it's too early in preg to determine if the bubble like dot is a sac or what.. Was quite disappointed.. Im 4 weeks 4days..he just ask me to continue with folic acid n next appt when I'm 7weeks odd....
hi joey2015... I am having the same situation as u,.. counting from my first day of last period.. I should be 5 weeks now.. but I went for my first appoiment this morning.. the doctor said he couldnt see anything leh.. then he did a blood test for me and asked me to come back on Friday,,

wow... suddenly the group so active! lol.. i didn't check for 2 days and so many things to catch up...

i saw some posts that i want to have some comments but too lazy to refer back for each one...

for those without MS, great for u! my wife hardly had any MS for our first but this 2nd one like bit more naughty... disturb mummy more so my wife been feeling cold and bloated.

sensitive to food smell is very normal. your fav food last time can be your worst enemy now. it's all part of the changes to expect.

carbonated drinks is ok to take some. but careful of the sugar content and also the caffeine. Caffeine prevents nutrients or other useful stuff from being absorbed into the body thus don't take medicine with coffee/coke/etc.

Don't panic if you don't detect anything at week 6... some babies just prefer to take abit of time. just like how every baby will be different size, different weight... they will grow up at different pace... learn things at different pace... don't stress yourself thinking about such things. if the gynae say u r ok then u r ok. if u don't trust the gynae then u shouldn't be with the gynae. if u go to a gynae then trust his/her professional advice (wish my clients will trust me too and not go to others... but that's another story).

anyway my number is 90680898. feel free to contact me. name's Andy.

dear Tupapa...I just went for my first appointment with my gynae this morning but the doctor said he can't see anything.. not even the sage ...
my first day of my last period was 22nd jan 15.. so by right I should be 5th week now.. doctor did do a blood test for me.. need to go back again on Friday to see the result.. I am so disappointed now

i had a previous fibroid op too n i was told by my own gynae n another gynae (head at KKH) that c section will be the way to go cos don't want to risk having the womb rupture during labour since the womb is not as strong as others'. so I'm more or less prepared that I will have to go thru c section for my bb n most likely will deliver 2 weeks before EDD (early oct).

Hi, Franch

I will like to know if you have chose to do epidural or GA for the C section? Cos I saw on article, epidural C Section, hubby can still go into op room with you. But GA cant. and GA is more pain when you wake up.

It could be that it's a little early. The first time my wife rushed to KKH for a scan around week 6, doctor saw the sac but didn't comment anything. No heartbeat. The doctor just asked us to go home. My wife and I were anxious as she was spotting. We didn't even know that no heartbeat is a concern. The next day, she bled even more, we rushed back KKH again to check. This round, the 2nd doctor explained importance of detecting heartbeat and asked us to prepare for "in case". Hearing that, it caused me to feel even more anxious.... Fortunately, heartbeat was detected and he reassured us that all was ok. Just told my wife to be careful and gave her hormone pills. Now she's fine except for the morning sickness. Now coming to week 9. =)
hi cychai21.. which your wife did her first check on the week6?

Hihi, this is my #2, went to Gynae last fri, but can't see much yet, edd is 17th oct.
I have an issue here, I have been having brown discharge for 5 days already and discharge is increasing, I called my Gynae, he say is normal, and ask me to wait for my next appt.
Why not seek another opinion? I think bleeding/spotting of any sort should be checked

hi joey2015... I am having the same situation as u,.. counting from my first day of last period.. I should be 5 weeks now.. but I went for my first appoiment this morning.. the doctor said he couldnt see anything leh.. then he did a blood test for me and asked me to come back on Friday,,
Hi shirls1308..dunt be upset.. My col told me hers only 8 weeks finally could see the sac.. Till then she had visited 2 gynae and all told her maybe it's there etc etc.. But she told me as long as u r not bleeding and ur preg kit test line is strong u need not be afraid. I'm 5 weeks now with no symptoms expt for sore breasts and a little discharge. I will only go for scan at 7weeks now. You may want to wait till 6weeks then scan again.. Don't lose hope and pray... Be positive too..

Hi shirls1308..dunt be upset.. My col told me hers only 8 weeks finally could see the sac.. Till then she had visited 2 gynae and all told her maybe it's there etc etc.. But she told me as long as u r not bleeding and ur preg kit test line is strong u need not be afraid. I'm 5 weeks now with no symptoms expt for sore breasts and a little discharge. I will only go for scan at 7weeks now. You may want to wait till 6weeks then scan again.. Don't lose hope and pray... Be positive too..
Joey2015.. thanks for your sharing and advise

After reading all the comments I wonder if I should go for my schedule check up tomm as the first day of my last period was on the 19 Jan and that means I'm about 6 weeks now.

I personally would recommend ladies who do not have any pre-existing conditions or family issues that puts you at risk to delay your visit to the gynae. It would be the best if you see the gynae at say about 7 - 8 weeks. This will ensure that you can at least see a little something and not put you to be anxious unnecessarily. It is good to note that stress hormones in the mother usually would also cause the baby to "feel" stressed. It would be good to keep in mind to always be happy and stay positive. For both you and your husband's sake as well as for the baby's.

hi blessedmummytobe...

Hi.. it might still be early to detect.. my gynae also took some time to detect the sac but the sac too small to see anything.. my next appt is coming fri..

Any idea when is your ovulation?
My no 1, based on LMS I should be x wk but scan shows x-1wks
Maybe you are still 4wks plus.. even earlier to detect anything

Dont be discouraged.. it will affect bb.. Will keep u in my prayers.. pray that everything will be good

Last edited:

I agreed with tupapa, should go consult another gynae. Your current gynae sounds like bo chup.
Go for a scan and see whether u can detect the heartbeat and get hormones supporting pills like duphaston etc. Some gynae will also give oil based progesterone jab to stop the discharge.
Meanwhile restrain from carrying heavy stuff and rest well. Don't walk ard too much.

I was tested negative by my GP on 12th jan and tested positive (faint line) on 9th feb n had to see gynae on 12th feb coz of cramps on my left tummy. From the scan, i am in my wk7 and can see the yolk sac and heartbeat. So, maybe only on wk7-8 then can detect heartbeat etc? Worrying is unavoidable but we shld relax a bit so that bb also won't be stress. I am sure there will be good news for the mummies to be in their 5-6weeks :)

Hi.. it might still be early to detect.. my gynae also took some time to detect the sac but the sac too small to see anything.. my next appt is coming fri..

Dont be discouraged.. it will affect bb.. Will keep u in my prayers.. pray that everything will be good

I agreed. LMP might not be accurate. My EDD was being brought forward as bb grow. :)

Hi all, just had some brown spotting. Do you think it could be old blood?

Are u on duphaston yet? If not, Maybe u might like to visit your gynae for a scan + pills.

I agreed. LMP might not be accurate. My EDD was being brought forward as bb grow. :)

Are u on duphaston yet? If not, Maybe u might like to visit your gynae for a scan + pills.

Nope, my appt is in 2 weeks time. Thanks for the advice.

Hi blessedmummytobe. .thanks so much for your encouragement. . That's what the doctor say too..he said I might produce egg later which might be x weeks -1 as what u said.. I hope everything it's fine

I was tested negative by my GP on 12th jan and tested positive (faint line) on 9th feb n had to see gynae on 12th feb coz of cramps on my left tummy. From the scan, i am in my wk7 and can see the yolk sac and heartbeat. So, maybe only on wk7-8 then can detect heartbeat etc? Worrying is unavoidable but we shld relax a bit so that bb also won't be stress. I am sure there will be good news for the mummies to be in their 5-6weeks :)
Miyuki88.. ya.. I really feel much better now..since not all sac can be scan in the 5th week..

If the brown discharge still continue, better consult your gynae earlier.
Yea. Just had my first visit earlier and the gynea take spotting very seriously! I told him i got spotting, ONE spot and he say "one spot is still bleeding. Brownish is still blood" and request me to bed rest for a week and give me hormones pills. He mentioned spotting/bleeding means the baby is abit unstable

Hi blessedmummytobe. .thanks so much for your encouragement. . That's what the doctor say too..he said I might produce egg later which might be x weeks -1 as what u said.. I hope everything it's fine

You can try to test with clearblue digital preg test kit.. cos it will state the no of wk from conceive.. u can know how many wks preg u are now..

Yea. Just had my first visit earlier and the gynea take spotting very seriously! I told him i got spotting, ONE spot and he say "one spot is still bleeding. Brownish is still blood" and request me to bed rest for a week and give me hormones pills. He mentioned spotting/bleeding means the baby is abit unstable

oh dear, i had spotting too. i am on duphaston tablets twice a day and my gynae told me to take the one more tablet if i bleed. hopefully all is well for me.

hi cychai21.. which your wife did her first check on the week6?
We had arranged gynae visit for week 7. However, due to spotting, we rushed to KKH 24hr O&G. 2nd time was also the 24hr O&G. I don't recall who the name of the doctors but doc on 2nd day was much better. Explained the situation and calmed the both of us.

Like what TiG3rR said, probably don't need to rush for a scan unless there are certain risks

oh dear, i had spotting too. i am on duphaston tablets twice a day and my gynae told me to take the one more tablet if i bleed. hopefully all is well for me.
I got the tablet too. My friend and mum told me that i sld request for a jab instead. I hope everything will be alright. If i spot again, my mum might want me to see another gynea for a 2nd opinion :X

Hi mommies, i'm
Back from my trip, survive it but not without bloated stomach, lack of appetite and tiredness. Tml will be my 2nd appt with Dr Tham. I have not been taking my supplement n hormones pill (felt they make me feel worse). It shld be my 9th week tml and my ms was bad that i have lost 3kg since CNY.

Hi mommies, i'm
Back from my trip, survive it but not without bloated stomach, lack of appetite and tiredness. Tml will be my 2nd appt with Dr Tham. I have not been taking my supplement n hormones pill (felt they make me feel worse). It shld be my 9th week tml and my ms was bad that i have lost 3kg since CNY.
Welcome back, hope u enjoyed ur trip. Looks like we will both be in the same boat tomm. I'm hoping all goes well. What time is your appt?

Welcome back, hope u enjoyed ur trip. Looks like we will both be in the same boat tomm. I'm hoping all goes well. What time is your appt?
Thanks! The ms is really making me feel lethargic :/ i hope the first tri go past faster!

My appt at 2.30pm, which gynae are u with?

my first day of my last period was 22nd jan 15.. so by right I should be 5th week now.. doctor did do a blood test for me.. need to go back again on Friday to see the result.. I am so disappointed now.. anyone can advise me?
the calculation is usually based on 28 day cycle so it depends on how long your usual menstrual cycles are. u can use this to check roughly: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/due-date-calculator.aspx

A gestational sac is usually visible by 5th week. So maybe u are just a little earlier than what has been calculated. wish u the best this fri.

Hi, Franch

I will like to know if you have chose to do epidural or GA for the C section? Cos I saw on article, epidural C Section, hubby can still go into op room with you. But GA cant. and GA is more pain when you wake up.
i intend to do epidural c section. i would like my husband to experience the birth together with me :)

Hi all,

I would like to join in the FB group too. Please advise how to join.

Otylia
29 Oct 2015
Dr Yvonne Chan
TMC
Sengkang

Like some of you, I have spotting thus I went to see gynae this morning.
I was given jab and taking Duphaston 3 times a day. Now on 1week bedrest.
Pray hard this pregnancy goes well as I just had a 6w miscarriage in Nov and thus very paranoid now.

Sometimes we have late ovulation. Just wait and see if period come.

My gynae treat spotting very seriously. No joke for him. I got a mc last year. When I know I got preg again this time round at around 4 weeks he got me down to the clinic the next day (no spotting or anything) to take 2 blood test on 2 diff days, weekly jab till now and Duphaston pills (still eating) before the scan. 6+ weeks I can hear heartbeat. Maybe he is ks but I feel safe in his hand. Now I'm slightly over 9 weeks.

Last edited:
Sometimes we have late ovulation. Just wait and see if period come.

My gynae treat spotting very seriously. No joke for him. I got a mc last year. When I know I got preg again this time round at around 4 weeks he got me down to the clinic the next day (no spotting or anything) to take 2 blood test on 2 diff days, weekly jab till now and Duphaston pills (still eating) before the scan. 6+ weeks I can hear heartbeat. Maybe he is ks but I feel safe in his hand. Now I'm slightly over 9 weeks.
sounds like a really good gynae. he's really trying his best to ensure that this preg is a smooth one. :)

Yes he is a very good doc with a big price tag and long q too. This is my #2 with him already so we trust him a lot since we know his way of doing things. And he is very pro natural birth. Unless is life and death else c sect is not an option. That's y my #1 I waited for nearly 24hrs after induce. I hope this time no need to induce.

I think we really should take spotting seriously. I miscarriage once before. My previous pregnancy when I go to the gynea at 6w5d he is able to hear the heartbeat and congrats me. Then a day after, I started to spot once I finished my utrogestan. Called the gynea to ask and he say it's normal as long no see red (but seriously By the time u saw red alrdy too late ok) After which, a day or two later I started to bleed so I rush myself to TMC. Was given a jab but alrdy too late. Was then 7w1d. My current gynea also advice me that once I see even a teeny weeny bit of spotting also inform him. I guess it's really bête to be safe then sorry.

Hi hi mummies has the fb group started?

Hmmm as for the sac and heartbeat... Ai yo.... My 1st and second pregnancy was such a pain, had reports like no sac la, no heart beat la...

Then later this test that test for no1....

By the mid of no1's pregnancy I really cannot take it... So I didn't bother to go see doc for no2... Like in total I saw only 4 times..

Of which the 2 times was to look for the heartbeat...

So this I decided to go by Faith and see doc only in week 8 ;) then it would be a pretty sure everything can find...

I honestly feel that life is so so so precious... And if only I have the chance to tell all teenage girls to guard this life so dearly cos it's just so hard to come by and we surely need the support of the hubby...

Btw I have also kinda stop reading the Internet information. Cos
1. 6 out of 10 articles scare me
2. What is give to me is mine will be mine
3. I cannot check the how applicable this is to me cos each pregnancy is so individual- with the same spotting it can be called- old blood, implatation, or threatened miscarriage.
4. I choose to enjoy each day of carrying the child, and I will take it one day at the time no matter is it full term or not ;) cos the plan was given and meant to be ;)

So mummies, especially first time mummies let no one, no man, no thoughts, come to steal kill and destroy your experience ok ;)

Hi all,

Finally cannot tahan, so decided to make myself visible. :)

1st time mtb, edd 18 oct. Seeing dr Ang Huai Yan, likely to deliver at Gleneagles if all things go well. Staying in Telok Blangah.

Had 2 episodes of spotting, went to see doc straight away. Yeah, like what Kaxin says, take it a day/a week at a time. I've now come to realize that my spotting episodes were linked to stress.

We can share our experiences, but nothing compares to professional medical advice (read: not Dr Google). If you don't feel good, just call your gynae. Most importantly your own mental state must be in the correct state. Enjoy now, let the husbands help out, and just chill.

Hope to learn from you all and may we all have a smooth journey ahead! :)

Sardonyx

How is your experience with Dr Chua?

I had her for my no. 1. She's ok, the motherly kind. Check ups last for 5min only though. But I guess that goes the same for the others too? When I delivered my no. 2, she came at the delivery suite about 20min before I delivered! I was admitted at 9pm when I was already 7cm. But I was injected an antibiotoc for certain bacterial infection and had to wait for 4 hours before delivery. I delivered at 4:20am.

How long should your gynae be with you before you deliver? Is she expected to be there as soon as you're admitted?

I had her for my no. 1. She's ok, the motherly kind. Check ups last for 5min only though. But I guess that goes the same for the others too? When I delivered my no. 2, she came at the delivery suite about 20min before I delivered! I was admitted at 9pm when I was already 7cm. But I was injected an antibiotoc for certain bacterial infection and had to wait for 4 hours before delivery. I delivered at 4:20am.

How long should your gynae be with you before you deliver? Is she expected to be there as soon as you're admitted?

Hello! U are so lucky ur gynae managed to come in time for ur delivery.
For #1, I delivered in NUH too under Prof Mary Rauff but she didnt make it in time.
She came in abt 5 mins after I delivered and said I was too fast.

Normally the midwife will inform ur gynae once u are admitted and she is supposed to get ready for the next call.
Depending on the time of the day, midwife will inform them again when u are x-cm so that they can estimate what time to go to the labour ward.
Yr gynae is not expected to be there as soon as u are admitted, especially when u are admitted at the wee hrs in the morning.

Back