(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

QQR, does this means that even if it is the CL who last minute cannot make it for your confinement you won't get the deposit back?
Hi All I have been the slient reader... currently alr 14 weeks... This is my 2nd. If i not wrong there will try to get another CL replacement if the appointed one last minute cannot make it.

13 weeks going 14 weeks now... Thought I should be happy, but received a call from the Gynae informing me of my Oscar results. I'm high risk due to blood results, but NT scan actually showed that everything is normal and low risk. But the blood test pulled the entire results down and now the ratio is 1:50.

Though there's a 2% chance but still worried. What's most annoying is Gynae said he's never seen conflicting results from blood test and NT scan.

13 weeks going 14 weeks now... Thought I should be happy, but received a call from the Gynae informing me of my Oscar results. I'm high risk due to blood results, but NT scan actually showed that everything is normal and low risk. But the blood test pulled the entire results down and now the ratio is 1:50.

Though there's a 2% chance but still worried. What's most annoying is Gynae said he's not seen conflicting results.

Did harmony test today. The long 2 weeks wait again...

Some said safe and some not, but I did my gel mani and pedi for CNY :p
Hee hee. Me too. I did gel pedi and mani also. I think we mummys need to relax a bit and not over react to too many things. We already have 1001 foods and activities to avoid. Not as if we do gelish nails every week.

Though there's a 2% chance but still worried. What's most annoying is Gynae said he's not seen conflicting results.

Did harmony test today. The long 2 weeks wait again...

Hugs to you. Don't worry and try to relax, ok? Maybe the harmony test result will come back earlier. If you are not comfy with this gynae, should consider changing while still early. Take care.

Hugs to you. Don't worry and try to relax, ok? Maybe the harmony test result will come back earlier. If you are not comfy with this gynae, should consider changing while still early. Take care.
Don't worry, perhaps do the harmony test for better accuracy!

Hi ladies,

Does Confinement lady cook for the hubby as well?? After cook, she will wash up right?

As for groceries, we just pass her è $$ & she will go out buy?

As for housework/laundry not so concerned cos i hv a pt time maid coming in once a week..

Hi ladies,

Does Confinement lady cook for the hubby as well?? After cook, she will wash up right?

As for groceries, we just pass her è $$ & she will go out buy?

As for housework/laundry not so concerned cos i hv a pt time maid coming in once a week..

They usually can but such details should be discussed before confirming your Confinement Lady. Her main job and priority to is look after you and your baby.
I've read on other threads that some will cook for the whole family, and at the end of it they give her a bigger Ang Pao for the extra effort.

They usually can but such details should be discussed before confirming your Confinement Lady. Her main job and priority to is look after you and your baby.
I've read on other threads that some will cook for the whole family, and at the end of it they give her a bigger Ang Pao for the extra effort.

The one that I met she will cook for whole family, ok to do laundry for family if need her help. But she will not do marketing. So need someone to buy the ingredients needed for cooking...

HI Mummies!
Im new here… I'm also having an August baby!! :) I've never been in a chat group like this before… so looking forward to knowing you ladies.. :)
Cheers!
Michelle

I just went for my first appointment with my gynae this morning but the doctor said he can't see anything.. not even the sage ...
my first day of my last period was 22nd jan 15.. so by right I should be 5th week now.. doctor did do a blood test for me.. need to go back again on Friday to see the result.. I am so disappointed now.. anyone can advise me?

I just went for my first appointment with my gynae this morning but the doctor said he can't see anything.. not even the sage ...
my first day of my last period was 22nd jan 15.. so by right I should be 5th week now.. doctor did do a blood test for me.. need to go back again on Friday to see the result.. I am so disappointed now.. anyone can advise me?

Perhaps you are a little too early? As I have been seeing my Gynae on a monthly basis, the moment I tested positive, I went to see him. He did a tranvirginal scan for me and saw that it was... "Cloudy" (which meant that implantation is taking place). That was week 4. At week 5 we only saw a water bag. And that was it. Only at week 6+ onwards we saw a fetus with heartbeat.

I went to KK O&G @5th week too when there's brown discharge. Cannot spot anything not even a sac, waited till 6th week, there's sac but no embryo.
When there's embryo, there's no heartbeat.
><"
Somemore there's frequent brown discharge too (almost weekly) and only in the 7th week, the gynae can detect the heartbeat.
Meanwhile at this time, stay positive and don't think too much. Everything will be fine. :)

Hi Aug mummies,
I'm new here in the forum. First preggy. Previously was tortured by ms.. just starting to feel better then this bad cough and sore throat came. Anyone has any remedies for cough or any med that safe to take? I don't really dare to take those prescribed by GP although he said is vy mild.

Hi Aug mummies,
I'm new here in the forum. First preggy. Previously was tortured by ms.. just starting to feel better then this bad cough and sore throat came. Anyone has any remedies for cough or any med that safe to take? I don't really dare to take those prescribed by GP although he said is vy mild.

Do you have a gynae? Maybe u will like to call or email your gynae and double check before taking the med.

yeah i agree with sane.. for "medical advice" always seek advice from your gynae or another doctor as they are medically trained on such issues, to avoid confusing yourself. Advice given by fellow moms/moms-to-be should only be for reference

Hi ladies,

Thru recommendation from my friend, i called up a CL on her m'sia number.

She tel me on the day i give birth just get my hubby to call her & she will buy bus ticket to get to golden mile. Then she can take a taxi or my hubby can come fetch her..

She say no need deposit cos is friend's recommend.

Is this the norm? I abit '不放心' leh.

Hi ladies,

She tel me on the day i give birth just get my hubby to call her & she will buy bus ticket to get to golden mile. Then she can take a taxi or my hubby can come fetch her..

Are you able to set up a meeting with her? Maybe you can go over to meet her. With deposit also scare later she run away and never show up. If can meet up to talk then maybe more 放心 and can discuss all the necessary costs and expenses up front?

she is in m'sia currently.

But i will call her next week to see if she has any job in sgp during the next few months so i can drop by to speak to her for short while.

But i just dun feel assured abt the part when i give birth then she come in. Wat if she stay ipoh or somewhere further..

Are you able to set up a meeting with her? Maybe you can go over to meet her. With deposit also scare later she run away and never show up. If can meet up to talk then maybe more 放心 and can discuss all the necessary costs and expenses up front?

Fairytale,

It's the norm that CL will only depart from their hometown after U deliver. Otherwise she has nothing to do if she comes before ur delivery, no baby to take care & U can't be leaving her at hm while U are still hospitalised. Actual confinement will begin when U discharge from hospital. That will be the day that she shld arrive in Sg. While u are hospitalised after delivery, most hospitals have confinement menu, so U don't really need a CL to specially cook for u. The confinement food in Gleneagles is yummy & they provide red dates tea too.

Hi ladies,

Hi mummy, I did recommended CL to few of mummies, mostly CL will request deposit $200 or $ 300 if mummy confirmed booking.
Deposit can secured both parties, CL do not accept anymore better offer for your delivery period (2 weeks before and 2 weeks after).
Like what you mention, CL do not ask any deposit, this is a bit strange, I can understand what you feel uncomfortable (不放心).
She might be has her reasons, may be she can't ensure she can come over that time or she might have another better offer than you in other day.
You can get more information from your friend about this CL since she is recommended by her, another way it's good you can meet her up if she got another offer in s'pore before your delivery month. I agreed with elocinker mummy said, the confinement services is begin when the day you discharges from hospital, the ended of 28 services is just in time your baby full month.

its normal thats why when i call my gynae for 1st appt. he say he dun wan see me till week 7

Hello everyone. Can I ask if anybody had done 4d scan ? Is it worth paying for or detailed scan should be enough? Passed my Oscar and decided not to go for Harmony as it's too expensive.

Thanks for welcoming me Piggling!

Queenbee24: Well… honestly it's a personal choice… but chances are your baby will come out looking different from the scan. :)

Fairytale: Yeah they normally get activated when you are in the hospital. If they say they committed to you liao… then u shouldn't worry.

Shirls: Yeah I went to see the doc only at week 9 only! Don't worry about it.. it's really very very small… :)

Thanks for welcoming me Piggling!

Queenbee24: Well… honestly it's a personal choice… but chances are your baby will come out looking different from the scan. :)

Fairytale: Yeah they normally get activated when you are in the hospital. If they say they committed to you liao… then u shouldn't worry.

Shirls: Yeah I went to see the doc only at week 9 only! Don't worry about it.. it's really very very small… :)
Thank you Michelle. Yes that's what I am thinking.

Any of MTB experiencing contraction - like pain especially at night ? I am 17 weeks 2 days. Lately been experiencing it and quite worried even though my gyne said my little princess is very healthy and active , I wonder if the pain is just a sign she's moving too much inside,

Been feeling easily tired lately, did regain slight energy when I stepped into trimester 2 but now feeling tired again, at 16+ weeks.
Suffering from sore throat and constant sneezing since morning... Really feel like I can fall asleep on office table. :(
Anyone has natural remedies for sore throat/sneezing? Have been gargling salt water but still kind of sore.

I actually have shooting pain in the butt. Realised it gets worse in the evening and when I'm sleeping. Or when i lay on my back for too long. Had trouble sleeping as I can't keep to one position.

Been feeling easily tired lately, did regain slight energy when I stepped into trimester 2 but now feeling tired again, at 16+ weeks.
Suffering from sore throat and constant sneezing since morning... Really feel like I can fall asleep on office table. :(
Anyone has natural remedies for sore throat/sneezing? Have been gargling salt water but still kind of sore.
I also had sore throat during the cny period. Other than gargle salt water, i actually drank it. It helps to lessen the pain and drink plenty of water

i am still having cough from CNY period till now. finish cough syrup from GP. everyday just keep drinking lotsa water and suck lozenges

I actually have shooting pain in the butt. Realised it gets worse in the evening and when I'm sleeping. Or when i lay on my back for too long. Had trouble sleeping as I can't keep to one position.

Maybe you want to consider buying that U-shape pillow to support your body? Sometimes i have aches on hips as well. Really not easy to sleep well at times, try not to sleep on back as it restrict blood flow.

I also had sore throat during the cny period. Other than gargle salt water, i actually drank it. It helps to lessen the pain and drink plenty of water

Yah, I also gargle salt water and drink lots of water. Worse thing is to climb up n go work the next day. Gosh! Hopefully all our illness go away soon!

i am still having cough from CNY period till now. finish cough syrup from GP. everyday just keep drinking lotsa water and suck lozenges

You take care too, hope you recover soon since it has been awhile. Previously I fell sick when I was at about 5 weeks and it dragged so long, the cough etc. my nose keep dripping, like throughout my pregnancy. I just scare will affect baby.

Try warm honey water...

http://everydayroots.com/sore-throat-remedies

I woke up feeling so excited today, finally end of my waiting anxiety. Looking forward to the end of the gender guess. I think most mummies here already know.
Think the small ninja know also, actively kick non stop from last night till now.

I woke up feeling so excited today, finally end of my waiting anxiety. Looking forward to the end of the gender guess. I think most mummies here already know.
Think the small ninja know also, actively kick non stop from last night till now.
How many weeks are you? I haven't been feeling any movements yet at 16 weeks. :(

Back