Harmony Blood Test

My panorama done abut 3 month's back was $1500.

You can google for the diff: http://blogs.nature.com/spoonful/20...over-market-for-dna-based-prenatal-tests.html

Basically, the docs use these tests for Down Syndrome screening and there's some genetic tests that can be done with Panorama screening like gene deletion like DiGeorge Syndrome or Prader-Willi Syndrome (not sure about Harmony coz I didn't do it). The chance for this diseases are so low that you'll probably not even top up and test for it.

It's all about the same if you aren't familiar with medical process on how they amplify genes etc for sequencing. The sensitivity is already quite close for these 2 tests.

The main diff is OSCAR and these kinda tests coz OSCAR takes age into consideration and for older mums, you are more likely to get a likelihood/probability for Down's. Hence, I went straight to Panaroma so that I won't need to do it if my OSCAR results are unfavorable.

Hi ladies , i am in my 9th week. Although my gynae have fixed up an OSCAR appt for me end of Nov, I am keen to go for the genetic scan at Prof Ananda due to the accuracy.

May I ask whether do we have to draw blood for the genetic scan ? Is the results almost immediate ?
What is the waiting time at Prof Ananda clinic ?

Hi ladies , i am in my 9th week. Although my gynae have fixed up an OSCAR appt for me end of Nov, I am keen to go for the genetic scan at Prof Ananda due to the accuracy.

May I ask whether do we have to draw blood for the genetic scan ? Is the results almost immediate ?
Hi the genetic scan is just a scan, I don't think there is any blood works done. I choose to do my harmony this week and go for the genetic scan with Dr. Anand during my 14th week. Abit Kaisu but just to be safe due to age factor and a previous miscarriage.

It is better to wait till week 12 to do the test, when ur baby is more stable.

Dear All mommies to be,

I decided to shop around and ask about the Harmony Test prices. Mount E was the first that I called as my sister in law gave birth there and she was with Dr. Selina Chua. Apparently now the clinic charges $850 for the Test. I can't believe how much the price has dropped. Now we are going to schedule for a test so that we can be sure that our baby is going to be fine and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

My sister in law also told me to check out The Fetal Medicine Centre website for more detailed information about the test. Thought I'd share it here too. http://www.fetalmedicine.com/harmony-test

Hope all is well with everyone
Thanks for the updates ! That is a huge drop of price !

Hi Suezy and momocrv, thanks for the replies.
So I can go for the genetic scan as early as 12w? Because all the while i thought it is supposed to be 14w.
Maybe i will call up and fix end Nov.

I'm 37 next month , had 2 miscarriages and a healthy boy.
But i am still very anxious over this pregnancy.
Hope everything goes well.

Hi Suezy and momocrv, thanks for the replies.
So I can go for the genetic scan as early as 12w? Because all the while i thought it is supposed to be 14w.
Maybe i will call up and fix end Nov.

I'm 37 next month , had 2 miscarriages and a healthy boy.
But i am still very anxious over this pregnancy.
Hope everything goes well.

I thought scan can be done on 12 weeks ? Not sure better check with your doctor, but definitely you will be glad to see your baby structure during the scan. Don't worry hippo, everything will be fine. Stay positive and breath in positive energy :)

Hi all.. can mommies who went to the forum share on the contents pls? Thanks! I'm in week12 and just did my oscar. Bb's nt scan n nasal bone is normal but when combined with my blood test T21 is 1:113 n i'm only 28yo n have a healthy toddler. Hoping that it's just false positive risk. Am going for harmony with kkh on monday. Decided on it due to it being non-invasive. Pray for good results.. it seems prof ananda genetic scan kind of tells if bb has ds?

hi @hanakawaii, we're in the same plight, my results are similar to yours.
My baby NT scan and nasal bone appears to be well formed and visible, but my blood test (free hcg high& PAPP low) and together with my maternal age, it pulls down the entire results.
I have a healthy boy at 14m, and i am expecting the HARMONY results before Friday, hopefully my gynae call me.
I fixed an genetic scan this coming Thur with Dr Anada last month, but i think i may not go since my HARMONY results will be out anytime end of this week.
Do you want to take up my slot at 12:30pm this Thursday? Otherwise i will call up later to cancel the appt.

Last edited:
hi @hanakawaii, we're in the same plight, my results are similar to yours.
My baby NT scan and nasal bone appears to be well formed and visible, but my blood test (free hcg & PAPP) and my maternal age pulls down the entire results.
I have a healthy boy at 14m, and i am expecting the HARMONY results before Friday, hopefully my gynae call me.
I fixed an genetic scan this coming Thur with Dr Anada last month, but i think i may not go since the HARMONY results will be out almost same time.
Do you want to take up my slot at 12:30pm this Thursday? Otherwise i will call up later to cancel the appt.

Hope your result is positive!

Thanks but i'll see how it goes first. I spoke to Kkh genetic counsellor about e genetic scan she says if harmony is positive then can forget about e soft markers picked up from e scan unless it's a defect like heart or brain defect kind. If I need further testing then i'll think about it again bah.

Hi mummies, I did my harmony today as my nt measurement was 3.1mm, which gave me 95% tile for my nt against crl and I had a risk ratio of 1:50! :(

Cried a bucket even though gynae assured me that it's only a 2% risk of ds. I dunno how he gauge the percentage from my ratio but it's definitely devastating.

Was told abt genetic scan by fellow mummies but cos Xmas is coming, I dun wanna drag too long.

Paid $1200 for the harmony (someone said mt E was $850?!) and told that the result will come back in 2.5w! That's really long....... I hope it can come back before Xmas so I can hv a good celebration.

Meanwhile, I can only pray for a smooth pregnancy and good result. Sending my hugs to all mummies here!

Hi mummies, I did my harmony today as my nt measurement was 3.1mm, which gave me 95% tile for my nt against crl and I had a risk ratio of 1:50! :(

Cried a bucket even though gynae assured me that it's only a 2% risk of ds. I dunno how he gauge the percentage from my ratio but it's definitely devastating.

Was told abt genetic scan by fellow mummies but cos Xmas is coming, I dun wanna drag too long.

Paid $1200 for the harmony (someone said mt E was $850?!) and told that the result will come back in 2.5w! That's really long....... I hope it can come back before Xmas so I can hv a good celebration.

Meanwhile, I can only pray for a smooth pregnancy and good result. Sending my hugs to all mummies here!
Hi, don't be disheartened. The nt results may not be accurate. Just wait for the harmony test results. Could be due to festive season now thus results may take a while to come back. Stay positive!

Hi, don't be disheartened. The nt results may not be accurate. Just wait for the harmony test results. Could be due to festive season now thus results may take a while to come back. Stay positive!
Thanks..

The 2.5w was mentioned without the festive season taken into consideration. Will update again.

Don't worry everything will be fine. My gynae is from mt e I did my test also paying $1.2k b4 gst. And the result will be back less than 2 weeks.

Don't worry everything will be fine. My gynae is from mt e I did my test also paying $1.2k b4 gst. And the result will be back less than 2 weeks.
Seems like mt E is faster in giving results? Or tmc juz wanna play safe by giving a longer wait...

Thanks for the kind word, give a hope! Your nick is what I need most now.

Seems like mt E is faster in giving results? Or tmc juz wanna play safe by giving a longer wait...

Thanks for the kind word, give a hope! Your nick is what I need most now.
Err I think shld be same for everywhere cos they will send it to US for the harmony test.
But it also depends how fast ur clinic staff or lab staff react n depends on when u did the test. Mine is clinic staff arrange for courier service to collect n send to US right aft my dr drawn the blood. Mbe because of that the result came back fast.

Err I think shld be same for everywhere cos they will send it to US for the harmony test.
But it also depends how fast ur clinic staff or lab staff react n depends on when u did the test. Mine is clinic staff arrange for courier service to collect n send to US right aft my dr drawn the blood. Mbe because of that the result came back fast.
I saw the sister passing my blood sample to a lady, followed by putting them in a sealed box. Dunno if she is the courier anot.

Hopefully they are otw to US now.

I saw the sister passing my blood sample to a lady, followed by putting them in a sealed box. Dunno if she is the courier anot.

Hopefully they are otw to US now.
Shld be otw cos it has to be out immediately aft draw blood out. So don't worry but I know it is not easy as I am also from oscar to harmony test.

Shld be otw cos it has to be out immediately aft draw blood out. So don't worry but I know it is not easy as I am also from oscar to harmony test.
Ya, v tough.. Cannot be alone at home, imagination will run wild and I will start googling for answers.

Work is stressful but at least they make me forget about the unhappy result.

Do you mind sharing what was your Oscar result? Sorry if I hv missed them earlier. But glad all is well for u now.

Ya, v tough.. Cannot be alone at home, imagination will run wild and I will start googling for answers.

Work is stressful but at least they make me forget about the unhappy result.

Do you mind sharing what was your Oscar result? Sorry if I hv missed them earlier. But glad all is well for u now.
Ya we tend to do more googling den scare ourselves more. What I did is try not to think for it n believe that everything will be alright. Fingers crossed :)
Work is during daytime sometimes at night will think of it again. Just can try to relax.
Mine is one of my blood test is intermediate result so gynae advise to go for harmony test as it is more accurate. I told hub that I already thinking of taking harmony test but gynae said can go for oscar 1st den cause more worries. Torturing lor that one mth of wait.
Talking to beanie n don't google so much u will more worry. Jiayou :)

Ya we tend to do more googling den scare ourselves more. What I did is try not to think for it n believe that everything will be alright. Fingers crossed :)
Work is during daytime sometimes at night will think of it again. Just can try to relax.
Mine is one of my blood test is intermediate result so gynae advise to go for harmony test as it is more accurate. I told hub that I already thinking of taking harmony test but gynae said can go for oscar 1st den cause more worries. Torturing lor that one mth of wait.
Talking to beanie n don't google so much u will more worry. Jiayou :)
Alrdy googled a lot... Nothing much to google except waiting for the result. This 2w or even 2.5w will be like 2-2.5 years to me too.

Thanks babe! :) will update my result when I have it.

Alrdy googled a lot... Nothing much to google except waiting for the result. This 2w or even 2.5w will be like 2-2.5 years to me too.

Thanks babe! :) will update my result when I have it.
Yeah don't think too much and don't Google too much now. U know it won't help so just relax and enjoy ur pregnancy. Think happy tots :)

My Harmony results are out in exactly 10days! My baby is healthy and normal, report return as low risk! It's a load off my mind. I was overjoyed and cried over the phone when the clinic nurse called me this morning.
Frankly speaking this is the best Christmas present ever!

I am carrying a baby boy again !

Last edited:
Missus_bl, occupy urself w work or something else.. tat 2 or 2.5 wait was aso a torture to us. I just kp myself occupy n try not to tik abt it. Clinic nvr call me earlier w the results neither did I call n ask. I just take it no call means good news. Got my result when I see gynae for my monthly review, was overjoyed to see results OK. By then it was like week 18 for us already then we dare to tell frds I m expecting

My Harmony results are out in exactly 10days! My baby is healthy and normal, report return as low risk! It's a load off my mind. I was overjoyed and cried in the phone when the clinic nurse called me this morning.
Frankly speaking this is the best Christmas present ever!

I am carrying a baby boy again !
Congrats mummy hippo78 and I'm happy for u! I would hv cried over this good news too.

Enjoy this pregnancy with your lil beanie boy and wishing you a merry Xmas! :)

Missus_bl, occupy urself w work or something else.. tat 2 or 2.5 wait was aso a torture to us. I just kp myself occupy n try not to tik abt it. Clinic nvr call me earlier w the results neither did I call n ask. I just take it no call means good news. Got my result when I see gynae for my monthly review, was overjoyed to see results OK. By then it was like week 18 for us already then we dare to tell frds I m expecting
Yes mummy, thks for the encouragement. I'm keeping myself bz and trying to be positive. Today a frd asked if I'm planning for a second one, I juz said let nature takes its course, not we want means we will get... Wish I can say I'm alrdy expecting since its 13w now..

I calculated that by the time im seeing my gynae for routine check, it will be ard 2.5w.. But i hv Xmas gathering before that, my tummy is too big to hide. :X hopefully the good news comes back soon!

Yes mummy, thks for the encouragement. I'm keeping myself bz and trying to be positive. Today a frd asked if I'm planning for a second one, I juz said let nature takes its course, not we want means we will get... Wish I can say I'm alrdy expecting since its 13w now..

I calculated that by the time im seeing my gynae for routine check, it will be ard 2.5w.. But i hv Xmas gathering before that, my tummy is too big to hide. :X hopefully the good news comes back soon!
If u not comfortable mbe don't go xmas gathering ba else u cannot hide ur tummy ppl sure ask...
Jiayou meanwhile don't think of it u can occupy urself w other stuff :)

Hi @missus_bl thanks for the wishes. I hope your results return as low risk too. During the 10 days wait I try not to think too much , basically I spend my days as normal.
Do keep your spirits high... your baby will feel you. Keep us posted of your results k.
Merry Christmas to you too! Hugz.

If u not comfortable mbe don't go xmas gathering ba else u cannot hide ur tummy ppl sure ask...
Jiayou meanwhile don't think of it u can occupy urself w other stuff :)
I skipped a lot of gatherings but one of it is at my place. Think I just gotta accept it normally...

I am 6th weeks into my pregnancy, & is with dr wong mun that at thomson woman clinic.

May i check if the NT SCAN at Dr ananda can be performed at any gynae clinic? Can normal gynae be able to spot the abnormality or only certain clinics can do it?

NT scan is similar to OSCAR test which is carried out between wk11 to wk13. It's also a screening test to check whether your baby is likely to have DS. Most clinics will sub out this service for example i did mine @ Level 4 Thomson Diagnostic Imaging center.

TMC called me and my result is back within 8d instead of 2.5w! It's low risk. Phew..

Am really relieved and glad to know that. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Congrats @missus_bl !! I'm so happy for you.
It must feel like such a relief. This calls for a celebration!

And your results are so much faster than mine.
Embrace your pregnancy in 2nd tri, k.

i did mine with gleneagle at wk 13. The cost is around 1.2k if i m not wrong. But i guess there is also another test for 2k called MaterniT21 which covers more genetic scan.

Hi, new here..
Need some help & sry for my jialat english/language, cos study little.
Will type more cos scare i cannot bring the point across.

With my limited English, goggle few day then saw this thread.

Wife is age 26. Did the oscar...Adjusted Risk results for T21 show ">1:4"
NT i think is 2.8mm? Wife emotion no good, see also heart pain but have to act a brave front in order not to let her sad.
For the results, i interpret it as 4 ppl go buffet, sure got 1 food poisoning...
But when i ask the gyne, why got the ">" sign, issit mean "4 ppl play majong, a tile come out 3 player win?"
Gyne just say recommended Harmony, and/or go for anmio.
*Does it mean in his field of expertise, he theoretically should know ans liao? Just that dun wan to say out?

Not sure if need more infos?
1st daughter from glendeagles, now 2.5 years old, all good & healthy, can be cheeky at times till make us vomit blood....
This is the 2nd pregnancy, currently is do at thomson medical as glendeagles gyne price increase almost 40% - 50% in total.
Tink today 26/02 is about 14 weeks already.
Both side uncles/auntie/grandparents for at least 2 gen dun have DS.
Fetus have nasal bone which gyne say not so worrying but still must check...as oscar dun give confirm answer which i feel like a bit LPPL.
However, wife got Thalessimia pass down by MIL.

So, i read many recommended Scan by Dr Anandan tat cost below $500/-, but also read ; scan might not tell as some fetus still grow up in tummy.
Then again, if got DS, facial might show if jialet / might no show if its little bit DS?

Should i just go for anmio (taking the miscarriage into consideration) or Harmony which dun tell any Birth Defects or Just go for the Scan by Dr Ananda or the Panoroma?
Reason is i dun have Money Printing Machine. Can save $ i save.
My thinking is to 速战速决 so wife will not everyday also hide her sadness inside.

Have make wife to think rationally to terminate when then worst come thus she very sad.
Reason is when me & her die due to age or what, nobody to take care of child if its with DS, also not to burden elder sister (my 1st child).
As i can see i will go into crazy mode should others make fun of my child.....
I dun want my child to go through those in life, its not their fault, but now if were to terminate i also like slapping myself in the face..
*Did also see b4 some cb people make fun of healthy person tat have DS...see liao also knn dulan...

Will some kind soul spoon feed me; other then the Anmio (tat have the miscarriage %) what else is the one to let me know "confirm have or no have?"
As i am the type of person that rather "Tell me straight in the face then i try to see how to solve".
Read too much till i also blur...as have to juggle between work,daughter,cook,housechore etc as wife emotion no good.

Thank you...

Sry for long winded, brain cannot think how to talk in the least possible words, 2 hours later have to bring daughter to child care liao..need to rest abit.

EDITED: i read this link, page 4 say till > 99% sensitivity..but page 5 say its a risk & it does not mean the baby CONFIRM have it... so ermm.. how ah?
http://www.theportlandhospital.com/uploads/maternity/harmony_test.pdf

Last edited:
Personal suggest that you can go to kkh ,or maybe Dr Ananda for 2nd opinion. See what they advice you. And both you and your wife ,should not be over stress cause both still need to look after your gals. I do come across during my previous pregnancy last year, the fetus has ds found out from very bad oscar scan.last year I'm already 39 years old and is our first bb . When the Oscar results was bad my gynae directly did amniocentesis on the same day. Was admitted in the hospital cause I got bleeding after that , the bb has misscarrege .the prof did the amnio told us ,let the natural take it own cause. it was a very hard time to over come it. And was thought it is hopeless to get pregnant again. After few month finally got pregnant naturally and was so far so well. Has already past 27 weeks now . I hope both you and your wife don't be panic and lost . Look at the bright side , I no say some time is easier. The safe cost of way is to go for 2nd opinion . That will ease the fear, I read alot of false alarm in oscar test result. hope both of you and the bb is fine.

For a peace of mind, I would suggest to go for Harmony test.

My Oscar test result is acceptable. Reading show no DS but due to my age, my gynae still suggest I go for Harmony test which I did and I also did a detailed scan with Dr Ananda at week 22.

Last edited:
hey all... after reading much of the advices here, I actually skipped OSCAR and went straight to HARMONY since it was more accurate and save costs too :)

I personally feel Oscar was created to suck money and tears from anxious parents. Had I known Oscar tests produced so many false results, I would have skipped and did Harmony straight. The risk for DS for mums under the age of 30 is actually 1 in 800.

I am 27 and 15 weeks now. The day i received my Oscar results was the day I realized how much being pregnant is real and how much i longed for a child. My T21 was 1:71. I cried myself to sleep for weeks. Doc at TMC suggested amnio, she was all "chop chop" talk, not putting my feelings into consideration. But mum took me to Dr Charles Tan at Mount E seeking for second opinion. Dr Charles mentioned to go for Harmony straight, do not put baby at risk with amnio. Might get quicker results with Amnio, but Harmony needs 2 weeks at least. Dr Charles charged me 1k and also threw in some discount as he was also my mum's gynae. The wait was horrible esp during CNY when everyone was in festive mood. But I kept convincing myself not to make a wrong decision simply because I can't wait to know the results. Went to pray, and finally on day 7 received call from clinic that everything was well and I'm expecting a boy.

My advice is to have faith in your child.

Back