(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Dont feed too much.. if bb tummy is feeling better liao .. dont feed le..

http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/ask-heidi/is-gripe-water-safe-for-my-baby.aspx

Avoid brands that contain sodium bicarbonate. This can upset the pH levels in your tiny one’s tummy. Also look out for vegetable carbon (charcoal), as it may cause constipation or blackened stool. Gripe waters that are made from herbal oils are the safest and most natural options.

** i bought the Woodward's one.. and it contain sodium bicarbonate. I feed bb two days straight once per day and he got very cranky on the third day..(i stopped feeding him gripe water) the whole day he kept pooping and alot of poop.. i got to feed him 11 small meals the most ever since he's born.. i almost died of exhaustion >_< That was ytd.. today he is feeling better alrdy.. falls asleep right after all the feedings, burp very little, poop is back to 2-3times a day and normal amt, and no tummy rumbling sound.
Omg my mum bought ones also Woodward's brand...This morning I feed her leh...omg I shld stop le...hopefully she can poo well aft this...

this morning at 6am i managed to pump out 150ml, feeling mighty pleased with myself, n decided to offer it all to my boy cos at 3am he drank 140ml. n past couple of days when i only pumped 80-90ml, he will usually finish the supplement FM of 45-60ml. then guess what, he stopped drinking at 100ml, n no matter what i do - change diapers, walk around the house, he will give me that ke lian gagging face when i try to coax him for the next hr. So in the end i had to throw the balance 50ml away. wah, pouring that much BM down the sink is like somebody slicing a piece of flesh from me, sooo heart pain! kicking myself for being stupid, i learnt my lesson, next time i will give only 120ml, which was my previous avg n what he drinks, chill the balance, n if he fuss before the next feed, then give him the 30ml.

i tried so many "boosters" that i don't even know what works n what doesn't. my supply did increase from the 30-40ml in the initial wks to avg 120ml now, but its been stagnant for the past 2 wks. Some of the so-called boosters i have tried r fish soup, lactation cookies, red bean soup, coconut oil, flaxseed, rolled oats, milo.
Omg from 30-40ml to 120ml? Mine is like 30-70ml midnight pumping e least which is ard 30ml or 40ml daytime usually 50ml I'm so upset...

me too having output issues. pump output stagnant at 70-80ml dunno if it will increase with baby's demand or not. sometimes feel tired breastfeeding and wonder why dont just feed formula where it will be less taxing on myself. sigh
Ya lor but think of our lo I told myself dong xia qu...better than nth...

yes my gynae told me if never FULLY dl, meaning u pump, or supplement with FM, AF will return much earlier, as early as 4 wks after your deliver. i think mine came back 6 wks after i delivered. i say "i think" cos up till now, i'm not entirely sure its my AF, cos its somewhat different from my previous AF. firstly, my lochia didn't fully clear before i had fresh red bleeding, the lochia was slowly clearing to a watery light brown discharge, then suddenly, on V-day, i had fresh red bleeding. This bleeding didn't smell, unlike lochia which has a stale smell, so i didn't think it was lochia. Anyway, the bleeding suddenly got even heavier 4 days later, n i had AF cramps 6 days later. i bled fresh red blood for 12 days, n up till now, i still have bloody discharge. its been 2 whole weeks! i'm so confused. but i figured since we just gave birth, it is normal for our AF to be abnormal when it first return.
Seem like AF but normal AF shld be more leh...mine just not much...so abit confuse AF shld be more ba...blur blur

Yeah i have the same thots too... But hubby encouraged me to press on... So now i m On 2hourly pump during the day n evening 3 hrs and mid night 4 hrs interval ... I will try to pump 25 mins now instead of 20 mins... At certain pump, i will extend till 35 mins...
Pump more will have more milk?
My hub opposite he said don't stress or force urself...I more sian but will dong xia qu...

Vomit maybe cuz ur mom thin it? Actually i believe nowadays fm has improved and powder:water mixture is providing enough hydration, therefore wouldnt be "heaty" like what our parents say..by thining the fm, it's the same as u feed baby water.. And by thining fm, meaning ur baby is drinkin more water and less milk.. less nutrient for bb and bb may feel hungry faster? day time ok maybr cuz bb is active? at night maybe too much water cuz indigestion? Im not so sure is these are happening to ur bb.. but instead of thinking whether it is suitable, maybe try to feed the correct mixture and see whether bb still vomit or not first ba..

**im not sure whats the difference bet nan ha nd nan pro.. but shld be the one with the hypoallergenic that has the protein that is easier to digest.

Im currently using similac.. and i heard from my mummy friends, sayin that similac is very sweet and sweet cuz constipation.. so during my visit to the gynae.. i asked dr and he also said the same thing about similac and specifically ask me to get friso or nan ha cuz of the hypoallergenic thing.

Haiz I using similac too cos that is the only brand that has the small tin at the ntuc near my place. Then whenever lo gets constipation I will feed him a lot of breast milk he will suddenly give a few explosive loads of shit. I asked my PD whether similac causing his constipation my PD say all formula actually the same, 惜字如金。 is NAN avail in small tins?

Feel so paiseh every 3 hrs got to go pump for 20mins.. Does ur bosses supports u?

Actually I dunno whether I will be continuing express when return work. At first v idealistic before giving birth thought I will definitely do it, but bow lookin at the amount of time needed am really not sure how to do it without compromising work.
Speaking of work, haiz, my work is evenings, weekends, public holidays all kena kind, now w the kiddo really feel like changing jobs or be sahm. But abit she bu de...

Haiz I using similac too cos that is the only brand that has the small tin at the ntuc near my place. Then whenever lo gets constipation I will feed him a lot of breast milk he will suddenly give a few explosive loads of shit. I asked my PD whether similac causing his constipation my PD say all formula actually the same, 惜字如金。 is NAN avail in small tins?
This is e one my sis help me get from ntuc ytd...

Attachments

• 1425190545225.jpg
    1425190545225.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 159
I dun believe age play in milk production la... Post partum till now have u done any breast massage,? I did three times already cuz of blockages... May have cut the supply after i clear blockages but nvr Follow thru with empty ing the breasts after that
This round I din do any massage lolz maybe I shld go massage but massage not effective after 2 months right

bbcripps what is the diff between DL and pumping ? milk is also produced and I'd expect prolactin levels to be high in both cases

i think the crux here is not DL, but DL on demand, so apparently as n when bb cry n u DL, the body reacts accordingly n produce more prolactin than say we pump out based on a schedule... same theory as why DL on demand will increase supply more than pumping. i tried DL but i really cannot keep it up, cos my boy will latch 30-45 mins one side, then i will need another 30 mins to coax him to take the other side, if he does, that's another 30 mins, if he doesn't, i still have to pump that side. end of day i don't know how much he actually drank, i got abit of phobia after the whole dehydration episode, so if after a while if he cry, i'm not sure if its cos he didn't get enough, no confidence la, so i feel compelled to supplement with FM. n i can't do anything else cos i'm constantly feeding or coaxing him to feed. super duper exhausting. so in the end i decided to fully pump, at least i pump 20-30 mins, feed him + burp him + change him another 30-45 mins, i still have 1+ hr to do other stuff or rest till the next pump. plus i know exactly how much he drank, so if he cries, i can rule out hunger as one of the possible reasons.

this morning at 6am i managed to pump out 150ml, feeling mighty pleased with myself, n decided to offer it all to my boy cos at 3am he drank 140ml. n past couple of days when i only pumped 80-90ml, he will usually finish the supplement FM of 45-60ml. then guess what, he stopped drinking at 100ml, n no matter what i do - change diapers, walk around the house, he will give me that ke lian gagging face when i try to coax him for the next hr. So in the end i had to throw the balance 50ml away. wah, pouring that much BM down the sink is like somebody slicing a piece of flesh from me, sooo heart pain! kicking myself for being stupid, i learnt my lesson, next time i will give only 120ml, which was my previous avg n what he drinks, chill the balance, n if he fuss before the next feed, then give him the 30ml.

i tried so many "boosters" that i don't even know what works n what doesn't. my supply did increase from the 30-40ml in the initial wks to avg 120ml now, but its been stagnant for the past 2 wks. Some of the so-called boosters i have tried r fish soup, lactation cookies, red bean soup, coconut oil, flaxseed, rolled oats, milo.

My bb also liddat.. but i never throw away the remaining leii.. i feed him the remaining on the next feed wo... throw away i also heart pain..had been doing that.. but im using storge bag to feed baby.. and is fbm.. i seldom feed bb with fresh unfreeze bm.. idk is it ok not.. but bb seems ok with it lah

I just woke up at 4pm.. and my last pumping was 7am.. siao liao.. idk why i didnt wake up at all.. got a 预感 my blocked ducts are coming..

Ya.. my similac just finish.. now using nan ha 1 too.. dont worry.. the explosives poop is coming.. xD

talking abt explosive poop, this morning, my boy was making that poopy face, so i know he's trying to poop, so i stood there n wait, n he pooped out quite a fair bit, n then i still gave him another 10 mins, nothing, so i thought the coast is clear, started cleaning him up, then suddenly, omg, one shot of poop so explosive it shot all the way to the end of the changing table, if not for the pack of cotton ball at the end of the table that's in the way, the poop would have ended up on the guest bed next to the changing table. faint! is it normal that the poop got a lot of tiny air bubbles in it? its not watery, there's bits of stuff in it, so i don't think its diarrhea but its also filled with tiny air bubbles, so strange.

talking abt explosive poop, this morning, my boy was making that poopy face, so i know he's trying to poop, so i stood there n wait, n he pooped out quite a fair bit, n then i still gave him another 10 mins, nothing, so i thought the coast is clear, started cleaning him up, then suddenly, omg, one shot of poop so explosive it shot all the way to the end of the changing table, if not for the pack of cotton ball at the end of the table that's in the way, the poop would have ended up on the guest bed next to the changing table. faint! is it normal that the poop got a lot of tiny air bubbles in it? its not watery, there's bits of stuff in it, so i don't think its diarrhea but its also filled with tiny air bubbles, so strange.

My boy literally shot out off the diaper loh.. cover also no use. My blanket , comforter all kena. Dno the stain can wash away anot.. my bb poop quite yellow sia.. is it normal?

I though if got feed bm, the poop will have white white bits inside? is it that?

wah, so shiok, i have forgotten what it feels like to sleep for so many hrs straight already. quickly go n pump now. n massage while u pump!

My mil helping me take care, so i thought go rest awhile then wake up pump. Think my body just concussed. Pumping now 30mins each side.. just finish the left sode and WOw i got 100ml sia..

Ya.. my similac just finish.. now using nan ha 1 too.. dont worry.. the explosives poop is coming.. xD
U wait finish den change? I heart pain c her cant poo well so change ytd even mamil gold opened a week ago...just afternoon she poo once whole diaper full...hopefully she can poo one more b4 night sleep... :)

Oh...mbe slowly will adjust back to normal...aft 1st AF every mth will come or depends?

it depends, but the cycles should regularise over time.

oh once your AF is back meaning your fertility is back ya... so remember to take precautions, unless u want two SG50 babies, lol.

My boy literally shot out off the diaper loh.. cover also no use. My blanket , comforter all kena. Dno the stain can wash away anot.. my bb poop quite yellow sia.. is it normal?

I though if got feed bm, the poop will have white white bits inside? is it that?

My mil helping me take care, so i thought go rest awhile then wake up pump. Think my body just concussed. Pumping now 30mins each side.. just finish the left sode and WOw i got 100ml sia..

wow, 100ml on one side, shiok! think bm babies poop is usually mustard yellow, so its normal. mine has white bits inside, but other than the white bits the poop is filled with tiny air bubbles, very strange. maybe he's gassy.

My LO poop also very yellow. If kena anything the stain quite hard to wash off. Lols. He is on mixed BM and FM

Vomit maybe cuz ur mom thin it? Actually i believe nowadays fm has improved and powder:water mixture is providing enough hydration, therefore wouldnt be "heaty" like what our parents say..by thining the fm, it's the same as u feed baby water.. And by thining fm, meaning ur baby is drinkin more water and less milk.. less nutrient for bb and bb may feel hungry faster? day time ok maybr cuz bb is active? at night maybe too much water cuz indigestion? Im not so sure is these are happening to ur bb.. but instead of thinking whether it is suitable, maybe try to feed the correct mixture and see whether bb still vomit or not first ba..

**im not sure whats the difference bet nan ha nd nan pro.. but shld be the one with the hypoallergenic that has the protein that is easier to digest.

Im currently using similac.. and i heard from my mummy friends, sayin that similac is very sweet and sweet cuz constipation.. so during my visit to the gynae.. i asked dr and he also said the same thing about similac and specifically ask me to get friso or nan ha cuz of the hypoallergenic thing.

Oh ya, u may be right. My mum thin the fm = LO drinking more water instead. I dare not try the fm after the last vomiting coz it really scare me when the milk flow out from mouth and nose very fast and alot. Will try again. If LO vomit again, then I should chng brand right?

Does Nestlé provide sample for nan ha?

Oh ya, u may be right. My mum thin the fm = LO drinking more water instead. I dare not try the fm after the last vomiting coz it really scare me when the milk flow out from mouth and nose very fast and alot. Will try again. If LO vomit again, then I should chng brand right?

No brand will give sample for infant stage ..

Guess you have to try and error

This round I din do any massage lolz maybe I shld go massage but massage not effective after 2 months right
Body massage with binding i think if within 3mths pp still effective cuz the womb also take that amt of time to shrink back in place...

Breast massage is different... Its not enjoyable at all... Its super duper painful bit it clear blocked ducts n made the milk flow better... It is something i def NOT looking forward to have one!!! But I had 3 in the first month!!!

U wait finish den change? I heart pain c her cant poo well so change ytd even mamil gold opened a week ago...just afternoon she poo once whole diaper full...hopefully she can poo one more b4 night sleep... :)

My bb have not been passing motion this two days, changing of milk to mamil gold helps for your bb?

Gov encourage bf so no sample will be given for all fm...in their web is only for sample for 6mths n above...

Gov encourage bf so no sample will be given for all fm...in their web is only for sample for 6mths n above...

Body massage with binding i think if within 3mths pp still effective cuz the womb also take that amt of time to shrink back in place...

Breast massage is different... Its not enjoyable at all... Its super duper painful bit it clear blocked ducts n made the milk flow better... It is something i def NOT looking forward to have one!!! But I had 3 in the first month!!!
My threshold for pain High no issue but purposely get someone to massage Breast for an hour somehow I find it bo Liao leh lolz
So far I managed to clear my engorgment . So I find no reason to get it to date but if it really Dan clear ducts and make milk flow better I dun mind give it a try

But whAt is the definition of better milk flow .. How better is it ?

Binder haiz my 1st one I did
But my tummy still there that is why I not keen lolz

Ya.. cuz baby is ok with the milk.. poop maintained at 2-3times a day.. so i continue to use similac.. but i alrdy intent to change liao..

Idk whether will this happen when u use ur mamil gold.. but my similac cant dissolve well on water.. will have tiny bits left.. so have to like shake quite abit.. then i scared by shaking liddat will have gas.. so i just let it be and dont let baby drink till the end. Just now evening try the nan.. ok leii.. dont even need to shake..

So did she poop before she sleeps?

Last edited:

Back