Itchy , red rashes that spread over the body

jessieyl

Hi,
This is my third pregnancy and I experience itchy red rashes that started from my right thigh , slowly way up to my waist, buttocks and my left side of tummy and now getting to my back. The spots where the itch start become rough and goose bumps like. My neck also feel itchy too. The more I scratch, the more the redder and worsen the skin condition . In my last month visit to my gynae, she said its Fungus infection and give me fungus cream but it doen't work and stop itch. I don't think its fungus infection. Some mummies told me my skin is stretching and dry and thus irritated and intro me to bio Oil. I bought too and applied and it doesn't help too! Any mummies expereince this and recover ? Any advices whatever so?! Thanks!

I have the same problem too and it also started on my thigh. I am using the cream that the doctor gave me Gentrisone Cream. I was told fungus but it stop the itchness for a while but will come back later. I have no solution to it. I have this problem after I gave birth to 2 of my kids.

Hi I did encounter leg itchiness on my 1st pregnancy.. I went to see the docs and gynea.. Was given beta cream and some other cream but no use.. The rash only went away after I gave birth ..

I apply Aloe Vera gel followed by cream (for dry skin) nightly. Aloe Vera gel brand is Nature Republic (Korea brand) cost <$10 for a big tub from G Market!

My itchiness mainly at stomach, calves, butts, & breast area, and even using gynea-prescribed cream doesn't help.

The gel is really life-saver cos it reduces itch and calms the skin instantly. Gel is not enough to moisturize so I apply cream after gel is absorbed. After 1mth, skin improved greatly thought I have light marks at the areas I scratched haha. At times when I'm too tired and didn't apply for one night, skin felt fine.

Hope this helps!

I had the same with my first pregnancy but not with my second.

I had pimple-like sores from my head to the soles of my feet from 30 weeks onwards once my morning sickness stopped. It was later realised that I was allergic to being pregnant and was warned it would happen in later pregnancies. The cure was to deliver the baby which I carried to full-term and delivered naturally. A lot of it is usually caused by heat.

My relief was to bath regularly, cut my hair short, wear cooling open clothes to "air" my sores, bought a good rough body scrub (from Body Shop) and scrubbed the affected areas every bath before I soap myself. When I am home, I walk around naked and sleep naked in aircon room with just a blanket. I used a good strong hydrocortisone to soothe the rash.

Hi jessieyl,

It could be PUPPS. I am suffering from it too. The itch is unbearable. I read online that pine tar soap helps. I haven't try yet. Will be going to Guardian tomorrow to get one and try. Keep the affected area moisturization always. If the itch is very bad, apply lots of calamine-mint lotion. It will soothe the itch for awhile but remember to alternate it between your moisturizer, else your skin will get dry and worsen the condition.

I am thinking of asking my OB to induce me because of this PUPPS. Seeing her this Monday. Not sure she will agree considering I am just entering 37 weeks.

Do share if you have any other remedies that would help ease the itch. Good luck!

Back