Phonics Class

I've heard of this term before, but dont really know what is about. What's the different of this & the normal phonics?

Which school is she studying for her phonics?

Hi,
Could you please clarify what do you mean by 'normal phonics'?

Basically, as a start, you will need to learn the sound of the alphabet. In ZooPhonics, the children will learn to associate the sound of the alphabet with animals. That is why the ctrs are known as 'ZooPhonics'.

My girl, who is currently 21mths+, is attending a weekly lesson at Upp Thomson Road.

Hope the above helps.

Hi mummies,

can you share more about this course and their fee like? thanks!

Understand from their web their programme is for holiday short programme, am I right? something like 5 days or so?

Hi Mummy to PrincessA,

Orh, what i mean is letter phonics. ZooPhonics which you mentioned sound like interesting.
Your girl like the class?

Hi bel,
Most of the enrichment ctrs will conduct holiday programs for kids. You need to check with individual ctr.

Hi black pearl
I think Zoophonics will make it more interesting for the young toddlers to learn as they have animal action to associate with the sound.

My girl enjoys the lesson. When she first attended Growing Up Gifted, she would sit there and listen and see the educators' action (they are also using the same materials). She was then a 14 or 15mths old baby. Now, when she is with Zoophonics, she will try to copy the actions. Very fun lah!!

hi,
any one attended MMI phonics class, Comprehension 1 class and maths class. All these classes are enrichment class. pls post asap.

Hi mummies,

Any comments on "CS Montessori" at Tiong Bahru Plaza and/or "Read a Week" at Tiong Bahru Plaza"?

I intend to send my child(4 yrs) to phonics class but not sure which is good?

Please advise. Thanks. :)

Hi Mummies,

I'm teaching phonics & maths for abt 3+ years as a preschool educator. Currently planning to focus on my tuitions. I'm giving classes for nursery to P2 level. Staying in North. If you think that I'll be helpful pls contact me here in this portal.

Hi.
Anyone keen to register for storytelling with phonological awareness sessions for toddlers?
Only in Punggol.
$15 per session, with phonics activities.
PM me if keen.
Thank you.

hi, what is usually a good age to send our kids to phonics class? can someone share their experience and any recommendations for classes in the queenstown / tiong bahru area?>

Hi,

I find that age of 4 is a good age to learn. Age below 3 yo depends heavily on the kids.

I sent my son to Montessori phonices (MMI) when he was 3.5yo. At the end is he has phobia and disliked the class. He cried on every lesson.

When the child is forced or dragged to the school or enrichment, the fact is the child will not learn.

Do not push the kids too hard.

I believes that reading aloud with kids still the way to go.

I sent my gal to zoophonics after she turned 2 yo and i'm satisfied with the results.
She knows A-Z and can associate objects with all the alphabets, she's adding on to her words bank.
On top of the zoophonics class which is once a week for 1 hour only, I started my own phonics lesson for her once a week and each lesson around 30 min, she enjoys it so far. I start to blog about her progress for my future reference, if you interested can refer to:
http://learnthefunway.blogspot.com/

Just some update:
My girl attended Zoophonics in April this year when she was 25 mths old, she was promoted from Zoo toddler class to Zoo kids class when she's around 30 mths old, and she'll be promoted again to Zoo Inny class next year Jan which is for 4 years old kids but my girl will be turning 3 only next year March. I think she's making a good progress.

You may search for Kidz Literacy Cove on facebook. They are a literacy enrichment centre which uses Jolly Phonics in their program. They run Victoria Carlton's program, which is developed in Australia for over 20years. Victoria Carlton's approach has proven to help children perform at least 1 year ahead of their academic level. They cater for children age 3-6 years old.

Hi mummies,

Any comments on "CS Montessori" at Tiong Bahru Plaza and/or "Read a Week" at Tiong Bahru Plaza"?

I intend to send my child(4 yrs) to phonics class but not sure which is good?

Please advise. Thanks. :)
Hi there,
I read this thread you wrore few years back. May I know which Phonics class you finally ended up for your kid, and how was it?

Hi there,
I read your reply written few years back. May I know which phonics classes or teachers are good and hope you could recommend me?
Thanks lot! David

Hi friendofdavid,

My dd is currently with a tutor who is doing phonics with her and I am quite pleased with her progress so far, she also does creative writing as well. You can pm me if still interested! She goes to your house and charges a pretty reasonable rate for that, all materials are provided for. I know some phonics tutors who charge up to $150/session and I find that outrageous!!!

Hi friendofdavid,

My dd is currently with a tutor who is doing phonics with her and I am quite pleased with her progress so far, she also does creative writing as well. You can pm me if still interested! She goes to your house and charges a pretty reasonable rate for that, all materials are provided for. I know some phonics tutors who charge up to $150/session and I find that outrageous!!!

Hi,
Thanks lot for sharing the info on Phonics! I would very much appreciate it if you could kindly email me your dd teacher's contact and details @ [email protected] at your convenience.
Thanks lot again!
Best
David

Dear David,
Kindergarten teacher with over 20 years of experience in teaching phonics. Will prepare materials to conduct hands-on teaching activities and most of the children enjoy the phonics classes!
Kindly contact: 8644-0935.
Thanks lot for your information! May I know what would be the timing of the teacher, how many times/wk, and rate/hr? Thanks lot again!
Best
David

Hi Mummies,

I'm teaching phonics & maths for abt 3+ years as a preschool educator. Currently planning to focus on my tuitions. I'm giving classes for nursery to P2 level. Staying in North. If you think that I'll be helpful pls contact me here in this portal.
Hi i can I know ur charges. My boys 4 yrs n 3 yrs

Hi friendofdavid,

Hi lovellejoy,

May I have the tutor contact number? Tq.

Back