IVF/ICSI Support Group

hugs...

I had everyday 1xcrinone, 3x utrogestan and 3x lutinus (leftover from my previous clinic I took with me so I could save on)..

verdict : crinone easiest to apply and non messy with liquid discharge but tad ex ard $12+ a stick, utrogestan made me hv oily lumpy discharge and I also had yeast infection with it, it also do not come with applicator so inserting with fingers made it extra messy cos they tend to stick to fingers, as for lutinus- I dun think it is available here although I find them kinda big bullet type pill, but they hv applicator and non oily discharge thereafter.

@chrisl , appreciate yr detailed sharing.

Do u mean u used 3 types of progesterone support everyday?

1st cycle, i used utrogestrone 3x per day.
2nd cycle, i used crinone 2 x per day.

it sounds like you were given more support. I wonder if i sd ask Dr to increase mine in the next cycle.

Hi Ladies,

This is one 1st fresh cycle. Just started my stimm with Puregon yest. Feeling bloated yest, drank a can of isotonic drink and feel much better. So drinking isotonic drink works! Today feeling better. Want to check with you ladies whether ER and ET will feel any pain? A bit worried about ER and ET.

@Kitgal , my 2 ET were a breeze. Just need to take more water as instructed (i took 2x more hahaha ). If bladder not full enough, we will be sent out of ET room to drink and wait for fuller bladder.

As for ER, the actually procedure was not painful for me at all. Maybe due to sedation.

However, i reacted badly both times after ER. 1st time I suffered bad nausea and vomitted after waking up from sedation and on my way home. But ok in the evening.

2nd time i woke up much earlier from sedation, fit to leave hosp very fast. But in the evening, i was very unwell, vomitted, diarrhoea, bad cramps. lower abdominal area also feel funny, like engorged but empty Feeling.

But please don't worry to much, it's non eventful for most ladies. Discomfort likely to resolve in short time.

Jiayou!

@chrisl , appreciate yr detailed sharing.

Do u mean u used 3 types of progesterone support everyday?

1st cycle, i used utrogestrone 3x per day.
2nd cycle, i used crinone 2 x per day.

it sounds like you were given more support. I wonder if i sd ask Dr to increase mine in the next cycle.
no problem gal, sharing here for all to benefit:)

I previous all cycles I find like not enough also..like only 3 x100mg lutinus a day. Then those all bfn, mostly af came even before 2ww is up, I attributed it to low progesterone. For my bfp 2nd fresh cycle, I was told to stop support in week 7.5-8, then I mc..i told another ivf doc in sg and she said should not stop until at least 12weeks until placenta takes over job. 'Lutal phase defect' was what she mentioned some women experience..body not producing enough progesterone. Then previously sisters who bfp I asked them, they mentioned they were given more..so I took their dosage as a reference and used a tad more this time..but also I heard nuh gives more inserts as support..so I think yeah no harm asking for more from ur doc..sometimes I think ok to be more kiasu

yup everyday, 9am-3x utrogestan, 3pm-1 crinone +estrofem inserts, 9pm-3x lutinus --these for 2ww, then thereafter, the lutinus I finished so replaced with utrogestan..also 6 tablets a day + crinone, for another few weeks, then slowly decrease inserts to just crinone till early 2nd trimester..

oh and if ur doc allows, u can also ask for hcg as support jab during 2ww..just a little to 'trick' the mind so it will more accepting of the embryo(s)

Hi Ladies,

This is one 1st fresh cycle. Just started my stimm with Puregon yest. Feeling bloated yest, drank a can of isotonic drink and feel much better. So drinking isotonic drink works! Today feeling better. Want to check with you ladies whether ER and ET will feel any pain? A bit worried about ER and ET.
Not painful for both er/et for me..

ER I was knocked out, didn't feel anything, was just crampy and light spottings after in recovery room, not much side effects apart from sleepy from sedation.

ET was a breeze! I was initially tensed cos my previous docs used those bigger sized speculum (thingy to pry open our cervix) so it was so painful for me!! This time was the best!! I read up and found out we hv our patients' rights to request for a smaller sized speculum! And my doc was so nice to accommodate. U can try asking on that day if the normal sized ones are painful for u too..Actually good to hv a smooth ET too as to prevent less trauma to the womb as possible for the embryo to implant well..

more reads here
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-speculum-sizes.htm

http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/lauren-streicher-md/speculums-are-not-one-size-fits-all

I had similar experience..AMH was about 12+ in 2012, last year I tested again (after #1 turned 1y/o) and it jumped to 24+. Few months later it went back down to 7+.

So maybe these AMH tests also hv errors?
maybe hor? SGH never check AMH. i asked my dr last time and she said they do not check amh as they think checking the follicle count is better. she said check so much for what? after all u want more follicles and more eggs, check the number of follicles u have is gd enuf. i myself do not understand wats the difference though

after miscarriage den can test for chromosomal abnormalities. its so unfair for us doing ivf which we should test before we transfer. :(
yalor...alot of drs have tried requestg MOH to allow such testings but to no avail. some gynaes will ask their patients to appeal and write in too.hopefully more peope write in one day moh will approve such testings. but iguess such things in singapore will move very slowly

@only_you , we are under the same doctor. I din manage to see the units of measurement. Dr showed me his and said its quite good for age. He also said with this reading, i will get OHSS if my dosage is high. I am 35 this year and this is my last fresh liao. After tt will have no more funding. Imagine only 2 BFPs (1 ended with MC) after so many cycles... but gotta persevere.

I dun tink Dr will write u off unless u give up urself. Anyway they are earning from us as private patients, dun tink they reject patients for practical reasons.

Shiro when i was 35 one of my fresh i got ohss too. Really not a nice situation to be in.

Lets see what he say when i meet him again. When i saw him before my 6th fresh and with AMH 1.4 back then he said "lets do 1 last cycle." That cycle i had enough for fresh and fet transfers and after the failed transfers he actually asked have i considered just settling down with 1 kid. Thats why i feel he is not going to help me already.

Anyone has their ovulation haywired after a postponed ER?

I postponed my transfer due to high progesterone level last month and I plan for a natural thaw cycle. However my ovulation seems to delay a bit. Still negative.

Shiro when i was 35 one of my fresh i got ohss too. Really not a nice situation to be in.

Lets see what he say when i meet him again. When i saw him before my 6th fresh and with AMH 1.4 back then he said "lets do 1 last cycle." That cycle i had enough for fresh and fet transfers and after the failed transfers he actually asked have i considered just settling down with 1 kid. Thats why i feel he is not going to help me already.

When would you be seeing him for your review?
In my past reviews with him, he presented himself as a kind, understanding and factual person. He looked at all past records before he made any recommendation. Though he doesn't say things like "Let's do 1 last cycle", during the reviews after every failed cycle, he always ask me "How ah? What do you intend to do?". He would listen to me first before he present his recommendation. So far, i always tell him that i want to continue with either a fresh or a thawed cycle. He will take it from there and start planning for the next cycle.

He explained that he made certain recommendation because he doesn't want his patients to pin their hopes too high when stats are not optimistic and then having to go through the jabbing which could be quite a challenge for most of his patients. He would present the facts but would leave it to his patients to decide. Just like when i proposed to do long protocol in my next cycle in Apr, he counter-proposed to a short protocol coz less jabbing required. He understands the agony of jabbing and waiting for BT. He listens to his patients so i really don't think he will just write you off like that. My two-cents.

In my past reviews with him, he presented himself as a kind, understanding and factual person. He looked at all past records before he made any recommendation. Though he doesn't say things like "Let's do 1 last cycle", during the reviews after every failed cycle, he always ask me "How ah? What do you intend to do?". He would listen to me first before he present his recommendation. So far, i always tell him that i want to continue with either a fresh or a thawed cycle. He will take it from there and start planning for the next cycle.

He explained that he made certain recommendation because he doesn't want his patients to pin their hopes too high when stats are not optimistic and then having to go through the jabbing which could be quite a challenge for most of his patients. He would present the facts but would leave it to his patients to decide. Just like when i proposed to do long protocol in my next cycle in Apr, he counter-proposed to a short protocol coz less jabbing required. He understands the agony of jabbing and waiting for BT. He listens to his patients so i really don't think he will just write you off like that. My two-cents.
Which dr is this?

@chloe_ng, my dr is THH from KKH. And i carry my #1 during my ivf cycle. I tink unavoidable if #1 is still young, but try not to carry too long and dun allow him/her to kick you lorr.

Hi, I wonder can I take blackmores conceive gold while on lucrin? Also can excess folic be passed out in the urine? This is because I am taking 5 mg of folic acid every morning and take conceive well gold with my meals. Thanks.

Wow! It is indeed a brave decision. And sounds like it has been a good decision for you! I'm at this cross road as well. (Current job pays ok, people there ok, but stress is there) are you now doing another job or still taking the break?

I'm also considering and giving myself next few months to consider and save up. I too am thinking I have to continue to support my parents but of cos I myself can lead a simpler life during that time. (Earn less, spend less)
Still taking a break. No good news yet, so will continue to take the break. I am a workaholic. When I start working again, I will forget about having a baby. Time and tide waits for no man. Most importantly, spouse must support. After all, it is a confirmed lost of income against a less than 50% chance of conceiving with IVF. But got to have faith.

She's not allowed to do anymore ivf cycles in Singapore as she has exceeded the limit. So apparently doing the jabs here are ok, but ER and ET must be done outside of Singapore

Hi Bel, exceeded limits? Is it exceeded 10 fresh cannot do anymore in Spore?

I am seeing him this month. Actually Dr Tan is a nice doctor. I agree with you he is nice, kind and softspoken and ever willing to help. During my pregnancy he did alot for me too. But the last fresh cycle, his response changed. I am not angry with that but just feel disappointed with myself. From asking "how what do i intend to do?" he gave me a sorry face instead and asked if i would consider stopping at 1. I think my case different from most IVFers, i have done too many cycles and my AMH then was low. Maybe he felt he didnt want to give me hopes knowing it will be tough.

But when i next see him i do wish he has a better explanation about my AMH and that if the levels are not that bad, then does it change his opinion that i should not try further. I know an acceptable AMH only mean still got some eggs to try to retrieve but quality wont change as age dont stop. But i was thinking at least got eggs can hope for 1, at least 1 good enbryo, just 1. Maybe i am very naive. But i still feel i want to try my best to give my child a sibling.

I am seeing him this month. Actually Dr Tan is a nice doctor. I agree with you he is nice, kind and softspoken and ever willing to help. During my pregnancy he did alot for me too. But the last fresh cycle, his response changed. I am not angry with that but just feel disappointed with myself. From asking "how what do i intend to do?" he gave me a sorry face instead and asked if i would consider stopping at 1. I think my case different from most IVFers, i have done too many cycles and my AMH then was low. Maybe he felt he didnt want to give me hopes knowing it will be tough.

But when i next see him i do wish he has a better explanation about my AMH and that if the levels are not that bad, then does it change his opinion that i should not try further. I know an acceptable AMH only mean still got some eggs to try to retrieve but quality wont change as age dont stop. But i was thinking at least got eggs can hope for 1, at least 1 good enbryo, just 1. Maybe i am very naive. But i still feel i want to try my best to give my child a sibling.

I share the same sentiments. Where possible, i will try my best to give my DS a sibling. So hoping for the best now. Anyway, don't give up and we jia you together.

Hi , I stopped taking soy products for some months after a high FSH number and sinseh commented that is it I took a lot of soy products which Is true. Was drinking it daily. How often should we take soybean milk? I have going to start taking
red bean soup for lining. Quite anxious as my AFC scan was last Sep so I am sure things have changed quite abit since.

Hi , I stopped taking soy products for some months after a high FSH number and sinseh commented that is it I took a lot of soy products which Is true. Was drinking it daily. How often should we take soybean milk? I have going to start taking
red bean soup for lining. Quite anxious as my AFC scan was last Sep so I am sure things have changed quite abit since.
I have same issue as u too. Since then I reduce intake of soy pdt greatly. Even the soup from chicken rice stall outside the previous sinseh ask me not to drink as the hormones injected into the chicken flows into the soup. Those hormones are not gd for us with high fsh.

Also, ladies with fibroids dun take too much soy pdt and herbs like dang gui as those promote the growth of fibroids.

Hi all, soy products really does mess with your hormones so please cut down esp for ladies with high fsh like me.

Re: soya bean I took it for my 2nd cycle which was bfn. Aft which I read somewhere ( can't recall ) that soya products then to "harden" the embryos and shd not be taken frequently.. So 3rd cycle I stopped drinking it altogether..

Re: carrying #1 during cycling. I stopped carrying my girl since cycling. Hubby is doing most of the work now.. Gonna b a tough 1 yr not to carry her but then for the sake of #2, none if us dare to take the risk..

Hi ladies, I have just gotten a tentative bfp and am going to see my gynae later this week. Am absolutely terrified because there are still so many milestones to meet. But wanted to share what happened. Like I said, I stopped all soya milk during the treatment and cold drinks. I drank only 1 cup of coffee but stopped completely when I bfp. Also have stopped yoga until my gynae gives me the go ahead.

Ah and wrt carrying my son, absolutely no choice cos he will want me sometimes and I cant bear to reject him. But try not to carry too much. Also jia lat cos he sometimes kicks my tummy when he sleeps but now im more careful.

Oh no, then maybe I should not take soy products at all. Btw, does that mean we should reduce chicken intake because of the hormones? Hai, don't know is it too late for me to cut back.

Back