Any good confinement lady or agency to recommend?

Dear mummies, my Malaysian mother in law is interested to help mummies in confinement, she has helped me care for my twins when they were prematurely born, they are now 4 years old, if you are interested, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Hi, May I know how much she charge? my EDD date is Mid May 2015.

called a few last 2 months mostly $2600-2800,got to be quick coz most good 1 ord been booked even when i called 2 months back my edd 14 may 15

Dear all, please do not engage this lady call xin hua. She is damn irresponsible. I booked her in apr 14 for my confinement in nov14. I contacted her in after i deliver and she ended up told she cant do my confinement cos she engaged till dec. she refer me to her sister who is inexperience and im paying her the same price 2500. Really regret not engaging agency. I read from another post that xinhua also refer other ladies to do their confinement. I think she simply take bulk orders and refer the mummies to her friend. Very unethical.

hi mummies!

i have a couple of great confinement nannies to recommend! i had 8 confinement nannies so i know which ones are good... can't guarantee they will be available but can try. they can handle twins too! cannot recommend them enough! can cook better than restaurant! and can whisper baby to sleep. amazing.

they are very popular, but their prices are reasonable and sometimes below market rate becoz they have "heart". doing the job becoz they enjoy babies. not just for money. of coz they also have families to support. so please give big red packets if you find them to be very good!

PM me for contacts. i am not agency or getting any commission. just want to recommend good aunties.

Just for sharing...I have called a few CN, they are quite expensive now compared to my first confinement last year, cost me S$2000. I decided to try agency for my second baby. Agency quote me S$2150 and they do have optional package such as herbs package for 28 days and so on. Quite pro.

nope. i am not PEM and i tried PEM and was super hugely disappointed. tried GPLS which was fantastic but they closed down. so now i don't go with agencies. i had 8 nannies because i have multiple children, multiple confinements and a few nannies per confinement. mine are not standard confinements so got to try a few nannies. PM me for details only if you are looking for a nanny. please advise location, edd, etc... i am not agency. these are nannies i personally tried.
also, i do not have 8 nannies to intro. i have tried 8 nannies. a few of them i will NOT intro as they were terrible.
i am saying that i have enough experience to know, after having 8 nannies, which ones are good.

nope.
i am not PEM and i tried PEM and was super hugely disappointed.
tried GPLS which was fantastic but they closed down. so now i don't go with agencies.
i had 8 nannies because i have multiple children, multiple confinements and a few nannies per confinement.
mine are not standard confinements so got to try a few nannies.
PM me for details only if you are looking for a nanny. let's not waste each other's time trying to gossip or other agendas.
please advise location, edd, etc... i am not agency. these are nannies i personally tried.
also, i do not have 8 nannies to intro.
i have tried 8 nannies.
a few of them i will NOT intro as they were terrible.
i am saying that i have enough experience to know, after having 8 nannies, which ones are good.

my first confinement actually i paid $2800 at that time. still have to add red packets. 2nd one i paid much more due to dragon year. and later ones the price held steady around $2600. plus red packets. and herbs.

a lot of nannies actually have the same names as well, so can get confusing.
i tried two very hot and popular nannies who were being promoted all over the forums. turns out they were terrible. one wants a lot of money, and don't want me to get work permit!
another one took off after 1 week and said family had problem!
so becareful about all these easy advertising of nannies.
some are just fake!!
i've been burned twice!

Dear mummies, my Malaysian mother in law is interested to help mummies in day care confinement, she has helped me care for my twins when they were prematurely born, they are now 4 years old, available anytime after march 2015, if you are interested, please feel free to email me at [email protected]
Hi, How much she charge?

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

She nearly cut the unbilical cord off with a scissors and her reply was 'always its done like that'. Luckily we consulted our mother and advised us NEVER to cut off the remaining thread of umbilical cord. Let it drop off! Because once its infected after you cut , baby might get very sick!

She doesnt clean and wash for baby bottles. She uses tap water to rinse it off remaining milk and we later found out about.

She loves to argue and insist on her own ways. not open to feedback.

Please Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443. You might regret it.

Hi mummies, I had popped my little boy 2 weeks earlier on xmas eve due to water bag burst. My hubby contacted PEM and send a nanny by the name of Wen Bi Xiu to us. Due to my bb had high jaundice level he was booked into phototherapy on 26 Dec . My hubby and gynae advised to stay 1 more day in Tmc to check on bb. Nanny came on 26 Dec but sent to the wrong address initially. My mil commented that the CL is very loud and remarked why didn't I do confinement at her place since environment beta. I brushed it off as casual remark.She was then sent to my place. 26Dec night she came tmc with my hubby n I tot she was ok. Help me with bf bb n cooked red dates water tell me cannot drink hot water?? Anyway after that night it had been a nightmare with her around and she made me cry and stress and didn't rest and sleeo for my first week of confinement. She is terrible and to think she boosted that she had worked 6 years & nobody send her away before in such short time frame. My hubby was so angry that he took urgent leave and came back to help me with bb and called PEM to change the cl immediately. I had overall posted in FB breastfeeding mum also on this. To think she told me she close to boss Jason when mummy from that group asked me to provide name to lodge complaints to Jason. Overall, she was loud, talked too much, snored very loudly and cannot handle bb at night, cannot wake up to bb cries, dozed off burping or carry my bb, dozed in kitchen doing nothing, don't know busy what as took long to cook my meals, garang gabo, made my bb cried a lot for long time cos slow and many more. If i don't have maid I think I will end up doing confinement myself cos she cannot cope. If you are interested to know more let me know so I can give details. Anyway she is a monster! Even talked like hooligan to many phones calls when I terminate her, majiam want to bash my place. The second cl yang ming yue auntie is so much beta n I finally know what is sleep n bb cried less smiled more too.

I am still disappointed though as my friend recommended PEM to me and I tot the CL looked pro. But this Wen Bi Xiu proved otherwise. Food normal only nothing fantastic but it's fine with me as I don't pick on food. Knowledge so so only n messed up the herbal package and red dates water I purchased according to the second CL. Told second CL what happened she was shocked too. Anyway I just want to get it over and done with and end the misery of confinement.

I replaced mine with Aunty Gui Xiang after my first horrible experience with a CL from Malaka.

Hi

I am a first time MTB and am looking for a day time CL. Any good recommendations? I am staying in Sembawang. Thanks.

Hi, dear all mummies. My Malaysian mother is working as confinement lady for 28 days. She definitely provide the best to mummy and baby. I was proud with my mum as she never disappoint mummies. Whenever she finished her work, my mum still received calls from mummies, even Skype! She is available at July 2015, please feel free to drop an email at [email protected] if you are interested.

Dear MTB, my mum (Malaysian) is a experience confinement lady. She not only able taking good care of your baby but can cook confinement food like Ka Chang Ma (good for body recovery after giving birth). She even employed by a customer as a confinement lady to work in New Zealand for 2 months. If interested do PM or WhatsApp me 9368 0323 for further discussion.

Last edited:
I can recommend a fantastic confinement Nanny, she is Singaporean so did not need an work permit or Visa to work here. I had searched for a CN for months hoping to find a good recommendation but found that communication was a problem with many of the tradition CN as my husband and I only speak English. the other issue we found with the CN from Malaysia were that they had to live in and we also wanted some personal time together. Then we found Nanny Su - she was just what we were looking for. Someone to help us to know what we were doing when we first got home with the baby, plus to cook the confinement meals for me. She was open minded, a fantastic cook and flexible to prepare both confinement and other types of meals for us. She was just amazing with the baby and taught us so much giving me confidence and much needed rest. during the day. She would come only during the day giving us our own space at night which was perfect for us. I would highly recommend Nanny Su - [email protected]

I can recommend a fantastic confinement Nanny, she is Singaporean so did not need an work permit or Visa to work here. I had searched for a CN for months hoping to find a good recommendation but found that communication was a problem with many of the tradition CN as my husband and I only speak English. the other issue we found with the CN from Malaysia were that they had to live in and we also wanted some personal time together. Then we found Nanny Su - she was just what we were looking for. Someone to help us to know what we were doing when we first got home with the baby, plus to cook the confinement meals for me. She was open minded, a fantastic cook and flexible to prepare both confinement and other types of meals for us. She was just amazing with the baby and taught us so much giving me confidence and much needed rest. during the day. She would come only during the day giving us our own space at night which was perfect for us. I would highly recommend Nanny Su - [email protected]
Hi Selina, how many hours did you engaged her for and what is the rate like?

Hi Selina, how many hours did you engaged her for and what is the rate like?

I was with Selina and baby E for 28days ( 9 am to 6pm) do all baby related stuffs , cook 2 meals for them and have to keep asking Selina to go sleep / rest . Cos baby E is so cute ... Selina cant take her eyes off him even when he is sleeping
Below TMC market rate .
Regards

We had Aunty gui xiang last 21 days. I would recommend her. Cooks well and clean.
Let me know if you want her details. She is definitely better than my first CL

anyone looking for great nanny, please PM me. nannies with more than 10 years experience. very very good at baby whispering and cooking! highly recommended. please PM only if seriously want to book. need your location details, order of birth, etc. nanny can have interview with you but as they are from malaysia they will only meet once, and have to place deposit... the nannies are very super popular as they are so good... so please get in early! can do twins as well. PM only. thanks

Dear mummies,

I am currently doing my confinement till 9 Mar and would like to recommend my CL. She was recommended to me by a friend whom had recommended her to 5-6 other friends.

Her name is Yan Jie and she is a chinese speaking malaysian in her mid 40s. She has 10 years of experience in this field and I feel that she is good in handling newborn and cooking for mothers to recuperate from delivery. She encourages breastfeeding and reminds mothers to get ample rest during the day.

She is currently staying in my hse till the end of my confinement. If you are keen to find out more about her rates and availability, do contact her at:

9035 4629 (Singapore)
+60169752811 (Malaysia)

If you like to find out from me, you may also PM me directly :)

Hi mummies,

Am looking for experienced confinement lady that can take care of twins. Please pm me or provide me their contact details... I'm expecting to due in May 2015.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mummies,

I am looking for good & easy going confinement lady for my bb#2.. my edd is around early Aug 2015.. please provide their contacts details... thanks alot!

Hi Mummies,

I am looking for good & easy going confinement lady for my bb#2.. my edd is around early Aug 2015.. please provide their contacts details... thanks alot!
Hi...Mummy, I have one of my ex Cl's friend currently doing the confinement for another mummy in spore now. Are you interesting ?
If you keen, you can pm me at 92217257, I will get her to contact you so you can interview her over the phone.

Hi , my confinement nanny is caring. Currently doing with her. Her rate is reasonable and she is very good in taking care newborn. If you keen, let me know. My contact is 90222507.

Hello Ladies,

Does anyone know the going rate for "Opening" and "Closing" Angpaos for Confinement Lady?

Thanks!

Hello Ladies,

Does anyone know the going rate for "Opening" and "Closing" Angpaos for Confinement Lady?

Thanks!
Angpao is just a small token, my personal view angpao when ended svc is depending how good you appraisal her services to you during confinement days. As opening angpao is it necessary? I dunt think so...

Hi mummies, I'm looking for daytime lady, edd on 10th April 2015. I'm staying at pandan garden. The CL I booked, I decided not to use her as some bad feedbacks from my cousin.
Please help, thanks.
Can contact me at 87770191.

I would like to endorse my current nanny for the really pleasant experience so far. Yes, I am doing my confinement now.
I think I am really lucky to have this nanny Jenny, Malaysian about 40 years old, I am quite sure I may have post natal blues without all her help.
Got her thru a fren's recommendation, she did confinement for my fren too. Before my Edd, she will call me to see if I coping well with pregnancy and give me useful tips.
She is really sincere, cooks well (family owns Zi Char stall); highly responsible, honest, cheerful and punctual (especially in delivering her cooked meal; I've heard stories of friends' nanny not preparing breakfast or late in preparing meal when the nanny had a late night or simply not good with time management. Not this nanny)and good with LO.
I also like it that she will find chance to educate me on how to handle LO. As a new mummy, I'd struggle with breastfeeding or handling LO plus trying to rest & recover plus managing mum who has been trying to make me follow all the old wives' tales/confinement rules.

Breastfeeding has been particularly tough and I Thank god for her who save me from engorgement twice! Otherwise, I would have gotten fever, lose the bf supply and given up on breastfeeding journey. My poor Little one would not have mummy's breast milk. How did she help me? By relentless help me massage with hot towel over and over again to clear the blockage. The water she used to soak the towel was really pretty hot, her fingers are all red but it did not stop her from helping me in the middle of the night. AND the next day, she prepared breakfast on time again and everything else was on schedule. I am so grateful that I choose her as my nanny. She is also not naggy and insist you must follow her way. Cannot stand those nanny that is so naggy, when new mummy are already so stressed!

Jenny can be reached at +65 8204 2147; +60 16 660 0358 can call her to see if she is available/interview her. I am highly recommending her.:)

Last edited:

Back