(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

My girl waking up every 1 hr from 11pm till 530am need to pat pat den can sleep n waking 1 hr later pat her to sleep again...
Same with my boy. Every one hr since 1 am. Takes 20 min put him to sleep n he is up at 2 am, then 3 am, 4 am, 5 am, 6 am, 7am, 8 am, n now still awake !

Me too so demoralising...mine combined both only 50ml...double sian...how to increase ss la depite having supp to support to boost up e milk...

You can try this 中药 called 六通.. i add into my red date drink. It works for me lah. You can go 药材店 ask how to prepare..

Last edited:
Same with my boy. Every one hr since 1 am. Takes 20 min put him to sleep n he is up at 2 am, then 3 am, 4 am, 5 am, 6 am, 7am, 8 am, n now still awake !

Should be growth spurt. Mine start on the third week and end mid of fourth week. Bb will be eating alot and gets hungry very fast.. i didnt restrict the amount he eats.. but on ave per day is arnd 1000ml.

Should be growth spurt. Mine start on the third week and end mid of fourth week. Bb will be eating alot and gets hungry very fast.. i didnt restrict the amount he eats.. but on ave per day is arnd 1000ml.
Yes true
Last night I increase the amount of FM first half of the night still ok
Second half suddenly every 1.5 hr wake up and can keep drinking
Apart from that is shit and keep burping

Only ard 6am can sleep awhile aft feed her den waking up in between cos she cry pat her to sleep. Ard 10am plus I'm awake to wash bottles bathe her feed n now pumping milk...bf haven eat also...
If awake can self entertain without crying okie but is cry for attention...put down only she feel it n cry liao...

You can try this 中药 called 六通.. i add into my red date drink. It works for me lah. You can go 药材店 ask how to prepare..
Now u still fully drink red dates without water or start drinking water le?
Oh isit? Later got to ask my sis help me to buy...I pump till so demoralising n midnight no motivation to pump lor...
How u drink it? One cup of red dates mix w it or pour into jug of red dates?
Is red dates drink consider as sweet drink? Cos worry my mid march blood glucose test...

Last edited:
So every feed still same amt of milk? Will they drink too much n causing bloated tummy? Urs is fbm? Cos midnight I feed fm worry too full for her n cause stomach upset later on...
I worry feed too much so only feed ard 2 hrs once for midnight...

Last edited:
Yes true
Last night I increase the amount of FM first half of the night still ok
Second half suddenly every 1.5 hr wake up and can keep drinking
Apart from that is shit and keep burping
I worry skali midnight drink too many fm cannot poo well...now morning n nighttime poo but ytd morning got poo nighttime no till this morning abit only...aiyo why like that

Now u still fully drink red dates without water or start drinking water le?
Oh isit? Later got to ask my sis help me to buy...I pump till so demoralising n midnight no motivation to pump lor...
How u drink it? One cup of red dates mix w it or pour into jug of red dates?
Is red dates drink consider as sweet drink? Cos worry my mid march blood glucose test...

I got drink water and red dates drink too.. confinement food wise, best is do 40days.

I using slow cooker to boil tgt with the red dates mix.. water arnd 2litres add 5-6粒六通. Best if u ask the 中药店 regarding the amt to use cuz the 六通 might be different packaging.. red date sweetness is ok for diabetes.. if u think too sweet than add lesser red dates.. and monitor your blood sugar.

Last edited:
I using slow cooker to boil tgt with the red dates mix.. water arnd 2litres add 5-6粒六通. Best if u ask the 中药店 regarding the amt to use cuz the 六通 might be different packaging.. red date sweetness is ok for diabetes.. if u think too sweet than add lesser red dates.. and monitor your blood sugar.
Oh okie...will ask my sis check w e staff later...
Oh okie I still so worry lor...haha cos blood test time coming soon...lol
How many little of red dates drink u have everyday?

Last edited:
So every feed still same amt of milk? Will they drink too much n causing bloated tummy? Urs is fbm? Cos midnight I feed fm worry too full for her n cause stomach upset later on...
I worry feed too much so only feed ard 2 hrs once for midnight...

Ya.. that time he per feed he eats arnd 100ml.. but i think better eat lesser.. cuz now he keep having tummy upset.. maybe stomach got stretched during growth spurt. I feed bm in the day then fm during night.. if day not enough than supplement w fm.

*ya fbm. I nvr latch baby. All the way bottle feed..

** i drink 1 litre of red dates and other times all water.

Last edited:
I worry skali midnight drink too many fm cannot poo well...now morning n nighttime poo but ytd morning got poo nighttime no till this morning abit only...aiyo why like that

My bb on average poo arnd 2-3times a day. What fm you using? My dr recommend friso and nan ha cuz their protein is easier to absorb, so not eaay to constipate.

Ya.. that time he per feed he eats arnd 100ml.. but i think better eat lesser.. cuz now he keep having tummy upset.. maybe stomach got stretched during growth spurt. I feed bm in the day then fm during night.. if day not enough than supplement w fm.

*ya fbm. I nvr latch baby. All the way bottle feed..

** i drink 1 litre of red dates and other times all water.
My sis went to hock hua no 六通...which chinese herb shop u went? Possible to show me e pic? Thanks
I feed 2 hrsly twice for midnight feed now also like stomach upset...stomach bloated making her uneasy...

My bb on average poo arnd 2-3times a day. What fm you using? My dr recommend friso and nan ha cuz their protein is easier to absorb, so not eaay to constipate.
In hospital she had mamil gold so she continue had it as night feed all these while okie but these two days like not really poo liao...
Nan ha can get from ntuc?

My sis went to hock hua no 六通...which chinese herb shop u went? Possible to show me e pic? Thanks
I feed 2 hrsly twice for midnight feed now also like stomach upset...stomach bloated making her uneasy...

Sorry mine used finish liao.. i only drink a few times then i stop liao since got milk le.. i tired googling.. dont have lol.. hmm.. It's also called 通草.. when you google, 六通 is a more common name in china, then on singapore is 通草。

http://www.360doc.cn/article/307381_6108284.html

煲汤的药膳:煲各种汤时,应该适当放些补气血的药膳,我只服用当归、黄芪、党参、通草(下奶的)。要哺乳的妈妈还是不要乱吃的好。

http://www.zysj.com.cn/zhongyaocai/yaocai_t/tongcao.html

【别名】 通花根、大通草、白通草、方通、泡通

If your bb now having growth spurt also bobian have to let then eat what they deem is enough for them.. i got try to cut down the amt bb eat, from 100 to 60. But end up he cant even last 1.5hrs. 100ml can last 2.5-3hrs.. and the total amt he drinks per day is even more than me feeding 100ml per feed. maybe you can feed half way burp bb then see if she wanna continue? And now i also use pacifier.. at least when he wanna suckle for comfort he dont drink milk.. and using pacifer is not a bad thing (if you do not latch baby at all).. cause rather than they suckle their fingers/hand, which is super difficult to kick that habit, pacifer is easier.

Last edited:
I was half hearted about dropping it at first. But its really affecting my sanity cos im taking care of LO myself. So on top of feeding, washing, housework and my own wellbeing its an additional task. :/
Totally understand what you are going esp when there is no help around and everything seem to be waiting for you to do ..

I am going thru exactly the same .. That explain why my bm dun increase after confinement always stuck at 90-120ml

But i still try to give as much bm as possible til 6 months and supplement fm As night feed

Last edited:
Totally understand what you are going esp when there is no help around and everything seem to be waiting for you to do ..

I am going thru exactly the same .. That explain why my bm dun increase after confinement always stuck at 90-120ml

But i still try to give as much bm as possible til 6 months and supplement fm As night feed
Me too... Still! All sort of boosters also not working... Frustrating!

Sorry mine used finish liao.. i only drink a few times then i stop liao since got milk le.. i tired googling.. dont have lol.. hmm.. It's also called 通草.. when you google, 六通 is a more common name in china, then on singapore is 通草。

http://www.360doc.cn/article/307381_6108284.html

煲汤的药膳:煲各种汤时,应该适当放些补气血的药膳,我只服用当归、黄芪、党参、通草(下奶的)。要哺乳的妈妈还是不要乱吃的好。

http://www.zysj.com.cn/zhongyaocai/yaocai_t/tongcao.html

【别名】 通花根、大通草、白通草、方通、泡通

If your bb now having growth spurt also bobian have to let then eat what they deem is enough for them.. i got try to cut down the amt bb eat, from 100 to 60. But end up he cant even last 1.5hrs. 100ml can last 2.5-3hrs.. and the total amt he drinks per day is even more than me feeding 100ml per feed. maybe you can feed half way burp bb then see if she wanna continue? And now i also use pacifier.. at least when he wanna suckle for comfort he dont drink milk.. and using pacifer is not a bad thing (if you do not latch baby at all).. cause rather than they suckle their fingers/hand, which is super difficult to kick that habit, pacifer is easier.
Oh diff words being use here...
Yes intro pacifier already at least can smooth her when she cry badly...my sis said they suck for comfort...

Wat fm brand are u giving yr LO?
How to noe whether which is suitable?
I gave mine enfac and my mum made it very thin for LO to drink.
Daytime LO drink ok, but suddenly vomit at night. Vomited 3 times in total till 24hrs later then stop. Does it meant nt suitable?

Yah lor me too .. I am thinking should I try Breast massage by professional lolz see whether it help

I also think age play a part bah
When we are younger factory just started so can over produce

And now old Liao factory also obsolete lolz so dun produce much bah haiz
Daytime LO drink ok, but suddenly vomit at night. Vomited 3 times in total till 24hrs later then stop. Does it meant nt suitable?
If not suitable why day time ok leh ?

Btw I am using enfa too

I tried alot boosters also doesnt work. The green papaya fish soup during confinement didnt work for me.
I bought fenugreek, it did increase but there's maple syrup smell everytime i expressbm.
Recently, my friend bought me lactation cookies, it did increase too but suddenly yesterday and today my supply dropped. I think bcos not enough fluids and i didnt really eat. Lost weight out of a sudden, dont have time to even eat when there are so many things to do....

I tried alot boosters also doesnt work. The green papaya fish soup during confinement didnt work for me.
I bought fenugreek, it did increase but there's maple syrup smell everytime i expressbm.
Recently, my friend bought me lactation cookies, it did increase too but suddenly yesterday and today my supply dropped. I think bcos not enough fluids and i didnt really eat. Lost weight out of a sudden, dont have time to even eat when there are so many things to do....
Me too n now AF coming my supply dropped again...mine is already super little...double triple sian

Lactation cookies work? But not cheap right one piece of cookie cost around $3

Hi,

Where did you get the lactation cookies from? I am trying to look for it to boost up my supply too.

Thanks.

Vomit maybe cuz ur mom thin it? Actually i believe nowadays fm has improved and powder:water mixture is providing enough hydration, therefore wouldnt be "heaty" like what our parents say..by thining the fm, it's the same as u feed baby water.. And by thining fm, meaning ur baby is drinkin more water and less milk.. less nutrient for bb and bb may feel hungry faster? day time ok maybr cuz bb is active? at night maybe too much water cuz indigestion? Im not so sure is these are happening to ur bb.. but instead of thinking whether it is suitable, maybe try to feed the correct mixture and see whether bb still vomit or not first ba..

**im not sure whats the difference bet nan ha nd nan pro.. but shld be the one with the hypoallergenic that has the protein that is easier to digest.

Im currently using similac.. and i heard from my mummy friends, sayin that similac is very sweet and sweet cuz constipation.. so during my visit to the gynae.. i asked dr and he also said the same thing about similac and specifically ask me to get friso or nan ha cuz of the hypoallergenic thing.

Last edited:
Yup let her had it only once n afternoon once le...
Dont feed too much.. if bb tummy is feeling better liao .. dont feed le..

http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/ask-heidi/is-gripe-water-safe-for-my-baby.aspx

Avoid brands that contain sodium bicarbonate. This can upset the pH levels in your tiny one’s tummy. Also look out for vegetable carbon (charcoal), as it may cause constipation or blackened stool. Gripe waters that are made from herbal oils are the safest and most natural options.

** i bought the Woodward's one.. and it contain sodium bicarbonate. I feed bb two days straight once per day and he got very cranky on the third day..(i stopped feeding him gripe water) the whole day he kept pooping and alot of poop.. i got to feed him 11 small meals the most ever since he's born.. i almost died of exhaustion >_< That was ytd.. today he is feeling better alrdy.. falls asleep right after all the feedings, burp very little, poop is back to 2-3times a day and normal amt, and no tummy rumbling sound.

Lactation cookies work? But not cheap right one piece of cookie cost around $3

Ya the cookies worked for me. But I think depends on individual.. A lot people swear by green papaya fish soup, but no effect for me. So got to keep trying...

Yah lor me too .. I am thinking should I try Breast massage by professional lolz see whether it help

I also think age play a part bah
When we are younger factory just started so can over produce

And now old Liao factory also obsolete lolz so dun produce much bah haiz

If not suitable why day time ok leh ?

Btw I am using enfa too
I dun believe age play in milk production la... Post partum till now have u done any breast massage,? I did three times already cuz of blockages... May have cut the supply after i clear blockages but nvr Follow thru with empty ing the breasts after that

this morning at 6am i managed to pump out 150ml, feeling mighty pleased with myself, n decided to offer it all to my boy cos at 3am he drank 140ml. n past couple of days when i only pumped 80-90ml, he will usually finish the supplement FM of 45-60ml. then guess what, he stopped drinking at 100ml, n no matter what i do - change diapers, walk around the house, he will give me that ke lian gagging face when i try to coax him for the next hr. So in the end i had to throw the balance 50ml away. wah, pouring that much BM down the sink is like somebody slicing a piece of flesh from me, sooo heart pain! kicking myself for being stupid, i learnt my lesson, next time i will give only 120ml, which was my previous avg n what he drinks, chill the balance, n if he fuss before the next feed, then give him the 30ml.

i tried so many "boosters" that i don't even know what works n what doesn't. my supply did increase from the 30-40ml in the initial wks to avg 120ml now, but its been stagnant for the past 2 wks. Some of the so-called boosters i have tried r fish soup, lactation cookies, red bean soup, coconut oil, flaxseed, rolled oats, milo.

me too having output issues. pump output stagnant at 70-80ml dunno if it will increase with baby's demand or not. sometimes feel tired breastfeeding and wonder why dont just feed formula where it will be less taxing on myself. sigh

When will AF returning aft delivery? I saw my friend dl AF nv come...now AF coming is that due to nv dl?

yes my gynae told me if never FULLY dl, meaning u pump, or supplement with FM, AF will return much earlier, as early as 4 wks after your deliver. i think mine came back 6 wks after i delivered. i say "i think" cos up till now, i'm not entirely sure its my AF, cos its somewhat different from my previous AF. firstly, my lochia didn't fully clear before i had fresh red bleeding, the lochia was slowly clearing to a watery light brown discharge, then suddenly, on V-day, i had fresh red bleeding. This bleeding didn't smell, unlike lochia which has a stale smell, so i didn't think it was lochia. Anyway, the bleeding suddenly got even heavier 4 days later, n i had AF cramps 6 days later. i bled fresh red blood for 12 days, n up till now, i still have bloody discharge. its been 2 whole weeks! i'm so confused. but i figured since we just gave birth, it is normal for our AF to be abnormal when it first return.

me too having output issues. pump output stagnant at 70-80ml dunno if it will increase with baby's demand or not. sometimes feel tired breastfeeding and wonder why dont just feed formula where it will be less taxing on myself. sigh
Yeah i have the same thots too... But hubby encouraged me to press on... So now i m On 2hourly pump during the day n evening 3 hrs and mid night 4 hrs interval ... I will try to pump 25 mins now instead of 20 mins... At certain pump, i will extend till 35 mins...

Yeah i have the same thots too... But hubby encouraged me to press on... So now i m On 2hourly pump during the day n evening 3 hrs and mid night 4 hrs interval ... I will try to pump 25 mins now instead of 20 mins... At certain pump, i will extend till 35 mins...

jia you mummy! are you ep? or dl and pump? did you see an increase in your output as time goes by?

jia you mummy! are you ep? or dl and pump? did you see an increase in your output as time goes by?

Ecym,
Wow.....it's great to hear that your very supportive hb continues to push and motivate you to go on! I thinking rarely there are such man around. How blessed you are!
I Ep my girl since her birth... She latches a few times for comfort... Now the yield per session still avg 50/30 at good times, 70/40...still trying this method... But cfm the longer duration i pump my breasts get more emptied... So i may revert to 3 hrly but longer duration... See when i cant tahan the 2 hrly pump... Its almost a week...

I m really blessed for this hubby. He is very hands on... He can bathe the 1 week old newborn of cos with my supervision...

bbcripps what is the diff between DL and pumping ? milk is also produced and I'd expect prolactin levels to be high in both cases

yes my gynae told me if never FULLY dl, meaning u pump, or supplement with FM, AF will return much earlier, as early as 4 wks after your deliver. i think mine came back 6 wks after i delivered. i say "i think" cos up till now, i'm not entirely sure its my AF, cos its somewhat different from my previous AF. firstly, my lochia didn't fully clear before i had fresh red bleeding, the lochia was slowly clearing to a watery light brown discharge, then suddenly, on V-day, i had fresh red bleeding. This bleeding didn't smell, unlike lochia which has a stale smell, so i didn't think it was lochia. Anyway, the bleeding suddenly got even heavier 4 days later, n i had AF cramps 6 days later. i bled fresh red blood for 12 days, n up till now, i still have bloody discharge. its been 2 whole weeks! i'm so confused. but i figured since we just gave birth, it is normal for our AF to be abnormal when it first return.

I totally EP my first dotter ...my menses came only after I slowed down my EP at 8th month... that time i was producing enuf for her needs.. now this second dotter, i also EP-ing but i need to supp 1-2 feeds with fm... will see when my menses will come la

Vomit maybe cuz ur mom thin it? Actually i believe nowadays fm has improved and powder:water mixture is providing enough hydration, therefore wouldnt be "heaty" like what our parents say..by thining the fm, it's the same as u feed baby water.. And by thining fm, meaning ur baby is drinkin more water and less milk.. less nutrient for bb and bb may feel hungry faster? day time ok maybr cuz bb is active? at night maybe too much water cuz indigestion? Im not so sure is these are happening to ur bb.. but instead of thinking whether it is suitable, maybe try to feed the correct mixture and see whether bb still vomit or not first ba..

**im not sure whats the difference bet nan ha nd nan pro.. but shld be the one with the hypoallergenic that has the protein that is easier to digest.

Im currently using similac.. and i heard from my mummy friends, sayin that similac is very sweet and sweet cuz constipation.. so during my visit to the gynae.. i asked dr and he also said the same thing about similac and specifically ask me to get friso or nan ha cuz of the hypoallergenic thing.
So now u change brand for e fm? I changed to nan ha since ytd night feeding till now don't really poo leh only super little one small small pc..

Back