IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hmm hormones inbalanced like my wife but she not regularly taking those.pills provided by raffles. But not sure if these are the same type.... Haisss thanks for the heads up, have to inform the mrs else she think go Mcdonald place order can liao.

Hmm hormones inbalanced like my wife but she not regularly taking those.pills provided by raffles. But not sure if these are the same type.... Haisss thanks for the heads up, have to inform the mrs else she think go Mcdonald place order can liao.
Lol. Its after much experience so familiar with public v private hosp. Public hosp must book early early early.

Lol. Its after much experience so familiar with public v private hosp. Public hosp must book early early early.

Wow like that this journey is going to be long, given that the first appointment have not fulfilled yet. Really admire the ladies in here.

We are trying to try natural see can success anot. Our appointment with doc tan is in August so by then no news than shun plan consult doc tan see what he say ba
Good luck! I also wanted to try naturally but auntie nv show up since sep so probably not even ovulating. My tcm doc also give up, tell me go see western doc. Sigh. So im starting my journey all over again.

Hey Ladies, i just came back from my appt with Dr Tan. Apparently no need to q if it is not our first time doing ivf. Dr Tan told me to start short protocol after my menses in Feb if i want. I also check with the nurse how come no need to join the q. She said coz not first time, no need to go through counselling etc and they have my records. So can jump straight into it le. Is it true?

Hey Ladies, i just came back from my appt with Dr Tan. Apparently no need to q if it is not our first time doing ivf. Dr Tan told me to start short protocol after my menses in Feb if i want. I also check with the nurse how come no need to join the q. She said coz not first time, no need to go through counselling etc and they have my records. So can jump straight into it le. Is it true?

Hi Shiro, I'm with Dr Sadhna. From what i gathered from her prior to starting the 2nd cycle is that if the month is full then i cannot start, so it's also subjected to queue availability. this is quite confusing...

Ur q is referring to which type? If in turns of start doing jabs then no need. My first time only 1 egg grow so doc tan suggest iui but failed. So the next mth when my menses came I start doing the 2nd cycle Liao

Ur q is referring to which type? If in turns of start doing jabs then no need. My first time only 1 egg grow so doc tan suggest iui but failed. So the next mth when my menses came I start doing the 2nd cycle Liao

@snow19, my Q means call on D2, start to take jab and go for scan. Come to think of it, in my last fresh cycle, i also didn't wait long to start. Hmm.... should i call KKIVF to confirm? or wait till Day 2 then call. Hmm....

It can be very draining so must be mentally prepared. But also try to keep a positive mindset!

Hi Mqiu, Thank you for the heads up mrs is in such good spirits after the visit but been slowly but surely feeding her to get ready for the work involved and the emotional roller coaster. Another query, i had been seeing the work what BXX and cycle what does it actually means. Also the cost which some ladies mentioned is about 18,000 - 20,000 is thru-out the journey?

Hi babe, just popped in my head to this thread and saw this post of yours. My last review with Dr Tan was in December and I had wanted to start my 2nd fresh (I failed 1 fresh & 1 natural-FET) for February slot. I'm on short protocol again and Dr Tan also mention anytime when I'm ready. But few days later, kkhivfc nurse called me and informed that it's all fully booked from Jan-Mar and the earliest I can start is in April! That said, she mentioned if my af comes say end march, that's where I will start my stimulation jabs & scans....so that makes ER to fall in between April. Also, I asked the nurse and appears that Dr Tan might be overseas for a few days in April but I can't remember the dates. Coz I'm definitely more comfy with him doing my ER & ET since he's working closely with my other doc on my case this time. Anyway, you might wish to call kkhivf to double confirm. Otherwise, to wait for their call.

@snow19, my Q means call on D2, start to take jab and go for scan. Come to think of it, in my last fresh cycle, i also didn't wait long to start. Hmm.... should i call KKIVF to confirm? or wait till Day 2 then call. Hmm....

Oh after ur menses day 2 then u call them. They will ask u when to go down for scan n start to jab urself

Hi babe, just popped in my head to this thread and saw this post of yours. My last review with Dr Tan was in December and I had wanted to start my 2nd fresh (I failed 1 fresh & 1 natural-FET) for February slot. I'm on short protocol again and Dr Tan also mention anytime when I'm ready. But few days later, kkhivfc nurse called me and informed that it's all fully booked from Jan-Mar and the earliest I can start is in April! That said, she mentioned if my af comes say end march, that's where I will start my stimulation jabs & scans....so that makes ER to fall in between April. Also, I asked the nurse and appears that Dr Tan might be overseas for a few days in April but I can't remember the dates. Coz I'm definitely more comfy with him doing my ER & ET since he's working closely with my other doc on my case this time. Anyway, you might wish to call kkhivf to double confirm. Otherwise, to wait for their call.

@milogal88, thks for sharing. Indeed KKIVF called me this evening to confirm my booking. They said the earliest is May. So i told her to help me to check because Dr Tan said i can start anytime. And i re-confirm with his assistant when i came out from his room on when i should call. She said i should call after my Feb menses, unless it falls within the new year period, then may be postponed to Mar. I will try my luck with KKIVF coz my hubby is supposed to travel for business on Day 2 of CNY and because of that, he went to swop with his colleague who will fly in May/Jun . It's a bit troublesome to change again coz there are lotsa things to do administratively. Anyway will wait for them to call after they have check with Dr Tan. *Keeping fingers crossed* Thanks for sharing!!

Hi Mqiu, Thank you for the heads up mrs is in such good spirits after the visit but been slowly but surely feeding her to get ready for the work involved and the emotional roller coaster. Another query, i had been seeing the work what BXX and cycle what does it actually means. Also the cost which some ladies mentioned is about 18,000 - 20,000 is thru-out the journey?
not sure what bxx stands for. But the cost 20k is for private with no subsidy.

Hahaha.. We r the same age, both have a little princess fr BFP FET after putting 3 snowbabies..

Wat's ur plan next?

I started on my 2nd fresh last year and miscarried at 12 weeks. Regulating AF now before re-trying FET in Mar/Apr.

While I know my plans very clearly, my husband is thinking of stopping. He says that he is not sure of the next step. Seeing me go through the miscarriage, my mom asked me to stop trying. My MIL was surprised when I mentioned that I'm re-trying in Mar/Apr. Slowly slowly, I become alone on this journey... Glad to be finding support here.

not sure what bxx stands for. But the cost 20k is for private with no subsidy.

hi @WJZKEV I paid ~$10K for my recent fresh cycle at IVF at KKH. I am on minimum dosage of drugs. This amt is before govt grants which vary for couples of citizenship/PR. Good luck to you and mrs. Seldom talking to the mister.

I started on my 2nd fresh last year and miscarried at 12 weeks. Regulating AF now before re-trying FET in Mar/Apr.

While I know my plans very clearly, my husband is thinking of stopping. He says that he is not sure of the next step. Seeing me go through the miscarriage, my mom asked me to stop trying. My MIL was surprised when I mentioned that I'm re-trying in Mar/Apr. Slowly slowly, I become alone on this journey... Glad to be finding support here.
Im so sorry to hear that. Can imagine the feeling of wanting to try again but no one seems to support. Im sure cos they feel heartpain that u had to go through all that pain. But also can see how nothing would ease that ache but another child.

Im so sorry to hear that. Can imagine the feeling of wanting to try again but no one seems to support. Im sure cos they feel heartpain that u had to go through all that pain. But also can see how nothing would ease that ache but another child.
I really want another child, but I am also psycho-ing myself to not try any more. We'll probably exhaust all we can from this 2nd fresh (three fertilized frosties and 12 eggs left unfertilized) My fertilization rateis ~40%. I estimate that I have 2-3 more FETs to go only. Once I try these, I will "give up" :) It's a sign.

Hi ladies, Just want to check wht is the age limit to put 3 embbies? Over age 35? If my bday is in aug and my cycle is in April. By year im 35, can i put 3??

@wondersss you are still too young for this... iaw MOH guidelines

@queenie122009 and I both have a singleton pregnancy from transferring 3 frosties, before that got regulated. I researched that transfering many frosties increased pregnancy rates and live births rates marginally, but increased the risk to the live births significantly (eg pre-mature, health issues). Hence, MOH regulated that to balance against the aim of optimizing live births from singletons versus the other risks.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-with-kkh-tan-hh.3800/page-69#post-7781282
Sharing -

Under the prevailing regulations (accurate as of end 2014), Singapore healthcare institutions providing IVF services are not allowed to implant more than two embryos at any one time. However, they may implant up to a maximum of three embryos if all the conditions below are met:
(a) All children conceived as a result of the IVF procedure will be delivered and care for in a hospital equipped with Level 3 neonatal intensive care facilities;
(b) The patient is at least 37 years old; and
(c) The patient has undergone at least one stimulated IVF cycle which was unsuccessful or there is no good quality embryo available.

Last edited:
Hi, I have arranged to do ivf with Dr THH in March. My menses is late for 16 days already but got a bfn for pregancy test. What shall I do if my menses is not here yet till March ? Can i just go to any GP to get medicine to induce my menses ? Anyone experience this ?

Hi, I have arranged to do ivf with Dr THH in March. My menses is late for 16 days already but got a bfn for pregancy test. What shall I do if my menses is not here yet till March ? Can i just go to any GP to get medicine to induce my menses ? Anyone experience this ?

I was also urgently waiting for my menses to start so that i can start my fresh cycle, if start too late, the monitoring will clash with CNY and have to postpone. So i 'self-induce' by drinking canned coconut juice. And menses came 1 day+ later. Could be coincidence. While it's unwise cos it's cooling and bad for ttc, i would prefer it to taking more medication since we already dunk in so much meds for ivf.

Hi, bunnymuimui,
Sorry to hear ur story..
I feel u when u said tt u r alone on this journey.. My hub dont mind having a #2 but can't reali b bothered much (or not as kan Cheong as us ladies). I won't tell my mil abt my journey coz to her, ivf = borrow someone tummy to conceive.. :-S I didn't tell my mum abt my last fet coz I didn't wan to cope with disappointment besides my own..

U have a decent number of snowbabies & m sure something good will come ur way v soon.. Take care, dear..

Hi all who reply to my queries, thank you for the replies and wish all the best in this new goat year with all getting BFP!!!! Cossing at my last leg of nature course .... Else Mar will be new cycle for mrs and myself

Another disappointment for both us via the natural cse, thought cny will have better luck........ Guess is with science aid cse.........

Hi Ladies,

Do you have any recommendation for Acupuncture? Going for my second Fresh in Apr. I think I need to seek TCM help too this round. Thanks.

Hi Ladies,

Do you have any recommendation for Acupuncture? Going for my second Fresh in Apr. I think I need to seek TCM help too this round. Thanks.
I am now with dr zhao from raffles hospital. She does whole.body accuputure and not juz for fertility which I thought is pretty good. She can probably solve other problem of yours besides fertility. I used to visit dr zou at amk for a year without much success.. She focuses very much on fertility and has helped alot of other gals to conceive but her waiting time is v long.

I am now with dr zhao from raffles hospital. She does whole.body accuputure and not juz for fertility which I thought is pretty good. She can probably solve other problem of yours besides fertility. I used to visit dr zou at amk for a year without much success.. She focuses very much on fertility and has helped alot of other gals to conceive but her waiting time is v long.
Hi bbpooh81, may i know when is the right time to start accupture? During stimulation, after ER or after ET?

Btw, how much is the charges for dr zhao? Many thanks :)

Usually one will do accupture extensively during stimulation and after ER. Rarely sisters here do accuputure after ET though some physician encourage. Accuputure is mainly to prepare the lining for implantation. You could also do accuputure before ivf to improve ur overall health. I have a friend who manage to conceive naturally after doing accuputure.
Dr zhao price is pretty steep at $90 plus for accu but no or limited waiting time; appt required. Dr zou is $30 but has to wait for hrs as they do not accept appt.

Usually one will do accupture extensively during stimulation and after ER. Rarely sisters here do accuputure after ET though some physician encourage. Accuputure is mainly to prepare the lining for implantation. You could also do accuputure before ivf to improve ur overall health. I have a friend who manage to conceive naturally after doing accuputure.
Dr zhao price is pretty steep at $90 plus for accu but no or limited waiting time; appt required. Dr zou is $30 but has to wait for hrs as they do not accept appt.

Thanks bbpooh81 for ur detailed advice...many thanks!!! I hv a better understand now :)

Sorry!!! One more question...extensively is how often? Every 2 days or....??? Many thanks for the advise :)

Hello,
can someone tell me the full name of this gynae? Recently one of my friend also recommend me this gynae. I need to know his full name in order to book an appointment with him.
Thanks

Sorry!!! One more question...extensively is how often? Every 2 days or....??? Many thanks for the advise :)
When I was with dr zou @ amk, it's twice a week up to ER. After ER, it's daily. For dr zhao, I am not sure. I juz started with her...but I know she has an ivf booster package.

Back