Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘)

Thanks Master for advice. Yes I'm referring to the Rumbia LRT station 的那座庙宇.
你说的就是这座庙宇了 (click here)。

Also, read post #1721 <- click. Ask @Tulipsrainbow .

" 经常抱去给妈祖和注生娘娘普照更好" does it mean we bring her go pray often? Like 初一十五? Or normal days?
不用等到初一、十五。普通日子可以。不要等到有事才去求神。
选择固定的时间。每个星期五傍晚或者二、四、六早上。
初一、十五有去好。只是人多烟多罢了。
静静来,悄悄离开。不需要跟来拜的三姑六婆打成一片。

Can we bring her on 大年初二?
可以。

If the temple having 法式,is it better not to bring my girl go pray?
是的。Baby可能会受惊。

Does the temple itself sell 金纸 or we need to buy ourselves? If buy ourselves, which kind should we buy?
有好几种方法:
  • 你踏入天后宫内的右边,有摆放香烛钱箱。没记错,一份(元宝香烛)是$2.50. 自己投钱自己拿,self service. 若你没去崇义庙拜关公,得拿香向外拜天,然后才往内拜。
  • 若你经常去,想省$2.50的话,可以自备香去烧。用同一种香。

注意:
(1)在妈祖诞(农历三月廿三日) 、注生娘娘诞(农历农历三月二十日),献供可以特别。总不能跟平时一样。供寿桃、鲜花等等。别供鸡、鸭、鱼了。一些道教门派普遍的做法是供三牲。不必跟他们一样。不怕你笑,福德正神大伯公吃全素。连三清道祖、玉皇大帝、九皇爷统统必须是供素的。仍然有不少师父,依旧用老套的传承方法。
(2)用火柴、打火机、油灯点香。不能用蜡烛点。
(3)香脚有开叉、掉地板必须扔了。要是炉内的其中的香灭了,必须赶快插新的,然后才把灭掉的香拿出来。

你说的就是这座庙宇了 (click here)。

Also, read post #1721 <- click. Ask @Tulipsrainbow .

不用等到初一、十五。普通日子可以。不要等到有事才去求神。
选择固定的时间。每个星期五傍晚或者二、四、六早上。
初一、十五有去好。只是人多烟多罢了。
静静来,悄悄离开。不需要跟来拜的三姑六婆打成一片。

可以。

是的。Baby可能会受惊。

有好几种方法:
  • 你踏入天后宫内的右边,有摆放香烛钱箱。没记错,一份(元宝香烛)是$2.50. 自己投钱自己拿,self service. 若你没去崇义庙拜关公,得拿香向外拜天,然后才往内拜。
  • 若你经常去,想省$2.50的话,可以自备香去烧。用同一种香。

注意:
(1)在妈祖诞(农历三月廿三日) 、注生娘娘诞(农历农历三月二十日),献供可以特别。总不能跟平时一样。供寿桃、鲜花等等。别供鸡、鸭、鱼了。一些道教门派普遍的做法是供三牲。不必跟他们一样。不怕你笑,福德正神大伯公吃全素。连三清道祖、玉皇大帝、九皇爷统统必须是供素的。仍然有不少师父,依旧用老套的传承方法。
(2)用火柴、打火机、油灯点香。不能用蜡烛点。
(3)香脚有开叉、掉地板必须扔了。要是炉内的其中的香灭了,必须赶快插新的,然后才把灭掉的香拿出来。

Thanks master for advice. Think I getting more understand after you explain.

If I choose a fixed date go, wed also can right?

hello, i think teacher meant anytime at your convenience. the key is to go regularly dont only pray when there is issue. hope this helps :)

每做一样,都有定义和目的。

要不然,
  1. 为什么不叫你三更半夜或者suka-suka有空才去拜?
  2. 为什么嘱咐你不要用蜡烛点香?
  3. 为什么提醒你庙宇在办法式时不宜带小孩去?
  4. 为什么不叫你香灭了,干脆点着就好了?
  5. 为什么不索性交待你直接拜注生娘娘就好,而其余的不用拜?
  6. 为什么不干脆叫你求4D,在家翘儿郎腿等钱掉下来给你?
@Rubilite explained.

你自己定时间去。你有时间,天天去no problem. 神明不会觉得你烦。

有工作就要去工作,家庭要兼顾。

Teacher..

Why do people say the more you see fortune teller, it will get no good? Does it mean our life get more unlucky? I only seen fortune teller for my house renovation, for wedding dates and for my child name. Is it also considered as see fortune teller? I dont really see fortune teller every year but some I know see yearly buy crytsals etc and their luck 'appears' to be getting better.

My hubby told me he seen a fortune teller years ago that he will have children late in his life and is true as I'm a 高龄产妇. I myself did not see as I don't wish to know (also scared to know). Does that mean my fate is also to have children late?

I rem u say baby born on 4 specific dates in August (ghost mth( is not good. How to avoid these 4 dates - choose CS date can avoid? Are you able to help me calculate CS date? Actually I hope to have natural birth but for my case doc says risky to do natural for my case.

I know someone whose 2 children become children of kuan yin i think. I heard that her mum just want the 2 children to be the children so just bring them to temple. U mean if we want we can just bring them to the temple and inform kuan yin? How do we know the god accept or agree? U mentioned u should be informed by a teacher at the temple or the parents receive dreams from the god?

My helper has moved a guest bed not our master bedroom bed (as in lift it up) and I did not move but just wipe the floor below because my little girl pee seep inside the divan bed frame. What can I do now as I'm pregnant at that time? What is done has been done. Very worried now. Besides I have also attended one good fren's wedding - asked and she agreed.

About lighting candle or joss stick in temple, u say we should use the flame in the oil lamp or use our lighter. Never borrow another candle flame to light our candle/joss stick right?

I hear someone tell me if u pray very hard for a child, you will get it but the child will be easily taken away from you because its not meant to be yours but u prayed for to come. Have you heard of this? Dunno true a not.

I'm intending to go to this Wong Seng Beo Temple at Tanjong Pagar MRT station to pray to ZSNN. Sometimes I pass by and see people doing a procession ( stand inside the metal gate) and with someone in robe chanting. What kind of procession do they do? If i see it, do need to do or say anything? I just look away and continue walking.

So I go in to pray to all the gods first and then lastly to Zsnn. Buy those fruits with seeds like apple or orange? Do I buy 2 sets of fruits one for the main god and one for Zsnn. Fruits leave there at the alter after praying? If I'm asked want to pray to Tiger god, should I? I'm pregnant now and wish to thank Zsnn for answering my wishes and pray for overall well being of my babies and smooth delivery. Doc says I'm in high risk pregnancy and if I'm bed bound/ rest by 6th month and I can't go and pray, I suppose it's alright? Actually is there a proper way to pray and talk to the god? I do not know if I do it correctly. I just talk as per normal but in a more polite way. Teacher, what is meant by this temple is the biggest? Biggest as in area or the god is the highest rank?

To read 经 for baby - Im not good in reading because there are maby chinese words that I do not know, do I skip them or maybe I copy it instead? Am I able to get this经书from Zsnn temple at Tanjong Pagar? If I want to listen to music, is there any buddhist music good for baby?
Thank you very much for reading my long post and your advice.

Last edited:
Hi @toblerone Teacher,

I have not heard from you via WeChat since December 2014 when you told me to ‘wait’ regarding my query on chanting.

I have read on the article/link you shared with us on “没孩子的原因”. Based on the 5 factors, it seems the closest I could link it to my case is “业障”. My parents in-law are butchers and my husband will help them out as and when is needed. If he doesn’t help, it’ll be unfilial right?

I understand from @Rubilite that chanting can help to 消业, and not only that, it is beneficial for one too. That was why I would like to find out more from you last year and prepare myself to start chanting at the start of CNY.

I hope you could also advise me on my queries:
1. In the link, 业障 also includes eating fresh seafood, sushi, chicken/duck rice and etc. But many people eat these foods too. So does that mean they are sinned too?

2. If I need to eat 长斋, is it ok to keep eating 肉边菜 only on normal days, but full vegetarian on 初一,十五?

3. As my mother in-law (MIL) is still selling pork, will it still help to 消业 if I chant? Or it is useless?

4. I was advised chanting cannot be done in the bedroom shared by the couple. But the living room is inconvenient for me to chant too; moreover I do not wish to let my in-laws know about it. I have a spare room used more store and laundry, is it ok if I move my laundry out of the room before I chant?

5. If it’s really due to my in-laws’ pork business, is it for as long as my MIL is still selling pork, den it’ll be that long we won’t have healthy kids?

6. What else can I do??

Sorry to bother you with your busy schedule. I hope you could advise and help me.

Many thanks in advance, 老师。

Why do people say the more you see fortune teller, it will get no good? Does it mean our life get more unlucky? I only seen fortune teller for my house renovation, for wedding dates and for my child name. Is it also considered as see fortune teller? I dont really see fortune teller every year but some I know see yearly buy crytsals etc and their luck 'appears' to be getting better.
老师不鼓励人算命,曾经写过了。I no need to repeat.

算过命又如何呢?戴水晶只能暂催化时罢了。水晶是助元体,人兴旺带起来就顺。人衰的话越倒霉。很多水晶expert认为能cure this cure that, 实际上是不可能的。家居风水摆设水晶有一定的效用,用于改善气场为佳。

水晶太亮摆在外面,或者悬空挂着的水晶灯,搞不好有鬼躲进去的。这种例子占少数,不过还是会发生。就好像在Pattaya骑motor不用戴helmet,发生意外,头破脑浆飞出来的案例很少,但是还是有可能发生这种意外。道理是一样的,明白吗?

人家‘好命’是他的福报。就算对方不算命不佩戴水晶的话,也一样会顺利。你只是看到好的一面,何不看看对方坏的一面?

My hubby told me he seen a fortune teller years ago that he will have children late in his life and is true as I'm a 高龄产妇. I myself did not see as I don't wish to know (also scared to know). Does that mean my fate is also to have children late?
那当然了。最好不要知道。

知道算命可以很准,还去算啊?!准和相信就ok了,不要去执著想知道未来。明白吗?

I rem u say baby born on 4 specific dates in August (ghost mth( is not good. How to avoid these 4 dates - choose CS date can avoid? Are you able to help me calculate CS date? Actually I hope to have natural birth but for my case doc says risky to do natural for my case.
老师什么时候说鬼月不能生啊?一个月至少3-4天是不能生的。

Any info you wish to know about 择日生产,please click here. There are numerous posts.

There is a thread about a mummy who had went for caesarean section for her first baby. And then, successfully delivered naturally in her second pregnancy! Use search engine, read that thread.

不要懒惰麻,多练yoga and exercise. 同时,不要乱吃东西。

I know someone whose 2 children become children of kuan yin i think. I heard that her mum just want the 2 children to be the children so just bring them to temple. U mean if we want we can just bring them to the temple and inform kuan yin? How do we know the god accept or agree? U mentioned u should be informed by a teacher at the temple or the parents receive dreams from the god?
看来老师要repeat.

民俗做法有很多。一般是在庆典才有办仪式的。

除了菩萨神明托梦指示要收契子之外,小孩有特别情况的话,看得准的命理/神通师父会交待父母让孩子‘过契’给菩萨神明。

命理/神通师父不想罗嗦太多,最好不要怀疑也不要逼他们说原因。不然,泄天机也带给人精神上的痛苦。父母不能做伤天害理的事,不然,孩子会很快“kee-chiia”载去烧了!

在马来西亚Johor, 有个奸商专门做修车生意。老板的儿子契给菩萨神明。缺德的是,新加坡车子开进来维修,就要莫名其妙地被宰!老板为人很how-liian. 人家没什么钱修车,敢敢吃秤头,收人的费用简直害人口袋出血。过不久,他的ah boy很快mati susa了。修车奸商还是很有钱,妻子傻傻了。怪谁啊?!

My helper has moved a guest bed not our master bedroom bed (as in lift it up) and I did not move but just wipe the floor below because my little girl pee seep inside the divan bed frame. What can I do now as I'm pregnant at that time? What is done has been done. Very worried now.
不去都去了。过去了,就不要想了。希望没事就好。

Read related post #63#279#331#498#964.

Besides I have also attended one good fren's wedding - asked and she agreed.
是你怀孕,为什么你问她能不能去?!
若你家办丧,根本不用去。

I hear someone tell me if u pray very hard for a child, you will get it but the child will be easily taken away from you because its not meant to be yours but u prayed for to come. Have you heard of this? Dunno true a not.
老师替过很多次了。生孩子不能硬求的 - read Post #420, #487, #992

You may read related post #863 #1555. 要菩萨神明帮不是不可以,前提必须得看夫妇本身的根基。

比如,夫妇要跟银行贷款买房子,必须得购物者的每个月的收入的。你要申请向Citibank申请credit card,银行要知道你的年薪收入。你要领养小孩,MSF肯定会调查夫妇的背景。

夫妇向求菩萨神明祈求一男半女,也是一样的道理!Same logic, same principle. 夫妇拿不出条件(根基),菩萨神明是绝对 and guarantee不会动因果。明白了吧?往往人就是这样,肚子不争气就说菩萨神明不灵。

若夫妇向菩萨神明硬求孩子,恐怕必有反效果。Just like human beings, keep-on asking and begging, it is likely to upset somebody. 菩萨神明最多帮她找前世亏欠过她的人。可以是好几世前结过怨的亲人。

比如,她和一个男人是父女关系,在那世时,女儿不孝把老爸赶出家门了。这世硬求来的baby boy, 妈妈就要受报了。这就是为什么你会看到,老妈妈被儿子送到老人院的下场,无依无靠孤苦伶仃的。

比如,前世他和一个女人是父女关系,在那世时,自私省钱不给重病的女儿接受治疗而病逝。这世硬求来的baby girl, 爸爸必须受报。这就是为什么你会看到女儿和爸爸的关系not close, 接着年轻的爸爸中cancer过世不然就是跳楼自杀了。

2015年天时变化,因果爆发很快,阎王要收人不会手下留情。老师亲眼看过地府的人在日落前上来捉人!一个ah-pek的魂被铐手铐脚从Zion Road的HDB 10楼拖到1楼。ah-pek被drag到啊啊惨叫。这种哀号呻吟,普通人是听不见的。老师看到,脊椎发麻,理都不能理,连看都不行的。

Last edited:
I'm intending to go to this Wong Seng Beo Temple at Tanjong Pagar MRT station to pray to ZSNN. Sometimes I pass by and see people doing a procession ( stand inside the metal gate) and with someone in robe chanting. What kind of procession do they do? If i see it, do need to do or say anything? I just look away and continue walking.
Tanjong Pagar 那间城隍庙的后殿是安奉故者牌位。有请法师办法式是平常的。
孕妇不要接近。掉头走。

So I go in to pray to all the gods first and then lastly to Zsnn. Buy those fruits with seeds like apple or orange? Do I buy 2 sets of fruits one for the main god and one for Zsnn. Fruits leave there at the alter after praying?
你经济条件好许可下,准备两份(2 sets of (apples and oranges)).

像这种庙宇,拜完之后,可以收回。带回家吃嘛!有些庙宇不同,香火鼎盛的temples, 负责人收到的fruits转送给人的。老师在海外去过冷冷清清的庙宇,fruits不会拿回。因为是有原因的。

有很多吝啬和无知的信徒,拜完四马路的观音菩萨,拿回鲜花和水果转供给家里的菩萨。This is horrible, please don't do it.

If I'm asked want to pray to Tiger god, should I? I'm pregnant now and wish to thank Zsnn for answering my wishes and pray for overall well being of my babies and smooth delivery.
要拜虎爷又要拜注生娘娘?你要拜虎爷有什么目的啊?

要拜注生娘娘,挖一挖帖子。

Doc says I'm in high risk pregnancy and if I'm bed bound/ rest by 6th month and I can't go and pray, I suppose it's alright? Actually is there a proper way to pray and talk to the god? I do not know if I do it correctly. I just talk as per normal but in a more polite way.
有心要拜,Search the posts. Mentioned before.

Teacher, what is meant by this temple is the biggest? Biggest as in area or the god is the highest rank?
不知道你指的是什么。

指的是城隍庙吗? If yes, use search engine. Read and compare the posts.

To read 经 for baby - Im not good in reading because there are maby chinese words that I do not know, do I skip them or maybe I copy it instead? Am I able to get this经书from Zsnn temple at Tanjong Pagar?
这个问题问得好。经是这样,经文的字不能跳。跳过字的话,出来经没“力” - no power的。吃肉、骂人、讲是非,说脏话,就等于walkie-talkie没battery,菩萨不会应的。

有很多经书都有拼音注在旁边。念的时候,不就方便了吗?字要咬的清楚,不能模糊。

佛教经文拼音是高僧所著,不是老师说了算。可以follow网上或者其他的hardcopy的经书查看拼音。

你念熟了,自然会琅琅上口的。等到你真的背得出,老师说你行!一个人若能背熟,肯定跟经有缘了。若一个人真的背熟《大悲咒》,不犯重罪的请况下,guarantee阎王见都不想见他。说真的,会背《大悲咒》但不修心不修口,阎王也会他放过他。这种人生前持《大悲咒》,一旦往生后就是享有免死金牌了!

哪里不明白,老师教你准确拼音。

比如,《大悲咒》的是汉传焚音,就要照着念。不能自己改音。《心经》97%是汉语拼音,只有结尾几句才是汉传焚音。必须依旧照着念。

很多地方都有经书可得。你要拿经书,就到那里拿 -〉Read post #176.

If I want to listen to music, is there any buddhist music good for baby?
念有念的好处。听有听的利益。

若你要是纯顺胎教方面,一直播来听,百分百对胎儿就有正面影响。请往往经书的地方,也有DVD (f.o.c)。

若你要托起母体和baby的功德,让baby长大和以后人生顺利的话,非得要用嘴巴念才行。Baby在肚子一直听妈妈的声音,成长过程要管教容易了!

Thank you very much for reading my long post and your advice.
Your queries are common. 你的问题多。适量地发问。

读老师的帖子要有信心,不用回头double confirm.

Also, please make full use forumboard search engine. SMH search engine tool 超好用!

Last edited:
I have not heard from you via WeChat since December 2014 when you told me to ‘wait’ regarding my query on chanting.
Actually, I have replied.

You must launch WeChat and/or check WeChat regularly.

Some mobile phones do not have WeChat/Whatsapp auto-alert (in-coming message) function too。

My parents in-law are butchers and my husband will help them out as and when is needed. If he doesn’t help, it’ll be unfilial right?
没这回事。是谁说要帮父母经营生意才是有孝心呢?

I hope you could also advise me on my queries:
1. In the link, 业障 also includes eating fresh seafood, sushi, chicken/duck rice and etc. But many people eat these foods too. So does that mean they are sinned too?
吞进肚子,要偿还的。人家的福报嘛!人家要享受,驾BMW/Mercedes,吃高级海鲜是他们过去/上辈子做的好。要承受怎样的报,是之前种下的seed.

2. If I need to eat 长斋, is it ok to keep eating 肉边菜 only on normal days, but full vegetarian on 初一,十五?
可以。

3. As my mother in-law (MIL) is still selling pork, will it still help to 消业 if I chant? Or it is useless?
最好,想都别想。自身难保了,顾自己最重要。

4. I was advised chanting cannot be done in the bedroom shared by the couple. But the living room is inconvenient for me to chant too; moreover I do not wish to let my in-laws know about it. I have a spare room used more store and laundry, is it ok if I move my laundry out of the room before I chant?
你的情况乱跟Rubilite接近。你何不问一问她怎么解决的呢?

有没有念经,你家人迟早会知道。没什么好隐瞒的。

5. If it’s really due to my in-laws’ pork business, is it for as long as my MIL is still selling pork, den it’ll be that long we won’t have healthy kids?
这个很难讲的。你能做的,最好不要参与生意。

家翁家婆赚的钱,最好不要用。

打个比喻,4个人打劫Poh Heng金铺. 你没参与抢劫,但是抢回来的金银珠宝典当后,分了贼赃($)给你。被逮着了,法官相信你不是同党才是傻瓜。所以,老师必须嘱咐你,家翁家婆所赚的一分一角,是碰不得的。明白吗?

I understand from @Rubilite that chanting can help to 消业, and not only that, it is beneficial for one too. That was why I would like to find out more from you last year and prepare myself to start chanting at the start of CNY.
你肯做,老师愿意教。
不用上网查,到处问。

先用心在饮食方面做调整。不然,徒劳无功。

Last edited:
:(
Actually, I have replied.

You must launch WeChat and/or check WeChat regularly.

Some mobile phones do not have WeChat/Whatsapp auto-alert (in-coming message) function too。

没这回事。是谁说要帮父母经营生意才是有孝心呢?

吞进肚子,要偿还的。人家的福报嘛!人家要享受,驾BMW/Mercedes,吃高级海鲜是他们过去/上辈子做的好。要承受怎样的报,是之前种下的seed.

可以。

最好,想都别想。自身难保了,顾自己最重要。

你的情况乱跟Rubilite接近。你何不问一问她怎么解决的呢?

有没有念经,你家人迟早会知道。没什么好隐瞒的。

这个很难讲的。你能做的,最好不要参与生意。

家翁家婆赚的钱,最好不要用。

打个比喻,4个人打劫Poh Heng金铺. 你没参与抢劫,但是抢回来的金银珠宝典当后,分了贼赃($)给你。被逮着了,法官相信你不是同党才是傻瓜。所以,老师必须嘱咐你,家翁家婆所赚的一分一角,是碰不得的。明白吗?

你肯做,老师愿意教。
不用上网查,到处问。

先用心在饮食方面做调整。不然,徒劳无功。

@toblerone 老师, many thanks for taking your precious time to reply me. :)

Upon seeing your reply, I tried telling my husband about not helping out his mum at the stall, but his response was quite negative. He asked me "Do you think it's possible?", which seriously I think it's not easy as my MIL is handling the business all by herself. Just yesterday (Sunday), my MIL has requested him to help out at the stall as it was the last weekend before CNY, so business was brisk. I told my husband I can tell his mum tactfully about it, but I can sense he's not very supportive and I could forsee my FIL and MIL will be upset too.

Personally, I do not help out nor get involve in the business at all. For many years, my husband used to help out every Sunday, but for the last 3 years, he'll only help when my MIL ask for his help and that is mainly to deliver pork. 老师, do you have any advice/suggestion? :( I do not wish to upset anyone, but I hope there's a way out.

I will now slowly try to adapt to 肉边菜. It's quite tough when eating outside, especially when there's not much choices. But I'll try my best as I start. So meantime, I will work on that first before I go into chanting.

On a seperate note, I also have some queries, hope you could enlighten me too:
1) Can a vegetarian eat onion, garlic, shallot, leek and chive?
2) 初一,十五,最好不要洗头? (Haha, I know it sounds absurd but I've heard of it.)
3) If soup is boiled with meat, is it ok to drink the soup only based on "肉边菜" concept?
4) My mum told me 拜观音娘娘, don't eat starfruit. Is it true?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions, but you are the best person to consult! 谢谢老师!

Upon seeing your reply, I tried telling my husband about not helping out his mum at the stall, but his response was quite negative. He asked me "Do you think it's possible?", which seriously I think it's not easy as my MIL is handling the business all by herself. Just yesterday (Sunday), my MIL has requested him to help out at the stall as it was the last weekend before CNY, so business was brisk. I told my husband I can tell his mum tactfully about it, but I can sense he's not very supportive and I could forsee my FIL and MIL will be upset too.

Personally, I do not help out nor get involve in the business at all. For many years, my husband used to help out every Sunday, but for the last 3 years, he'll only help when my MIL ask for his help and that is mainly to deliver pork. 老师, do you have any advice/suggestion? :( I do not wish to upset anyone, but I hope there's a way out.
你老公要帮家族生意,是他的造化嘛。

老师没学法没学佛之前, did lots of horrible things. 见了、信了、服了、输了、怕了,软了、360度大转变,吃素就吃到现在。

人在享受或者没有经历挫折的时候,不会改变的。

I will now slowly try to adapt to 肉边菜. It's quite tough when eating outside, especially when there's not much choices. But I'll try my best as I start. So meantime, I will work on that first before I go into chanting.
In Singapore, it is fairly easy. It is your determination.

在外吃素不容易。老师conquered the entire Southeast-Asia,很多国家去过。The longest stay was in US. 老师跟ang-moh吃饭,从来不给洋老外低头。Answer firm and with punch, otherwise, they think Asian "lembeh" and treat no respect. 有的吃就吃salad. 没得吃就吃pizza or bread. 吃bread喝白开水很丢脸吗?

老师给一位住在Bukit Timah有钱人请,家里有游泳池,跑车、佣人。请来的贵宾有头有脸,in fact, some guests appeared in the Straits Times newspaper a few times. 佣人端来的是smoked salmon fish, 鹅肝, oysters. 那些没吃素的,统统都吞下去了。跟你讲这个的原因实是,要学会应变。

On a seperate note, I also have some queries, hope you could enlighten me too:
1) Can a vegetarian eat onion, garlic, shallot, leek and chive?
首先,吃素可以分有和无宗教信仰。你区分你自己是哪一类。
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/different-types-of-vegetarians.html

南传佛在饮食上不在乎。藏传佛教的喇嘛吃肉,咱么不能批评。在汉传佛教,基本上蛋奶素是可的。Ovo-lacto vegtarian相当接近的饮食。现在的大德高僧,都有吃蛋奶。现在取的蛋奶都是high technology,没有威胁母鸡、母牛的生命。

那么,vegans基本上是不吃蛋、奶、燕窝,他们应该无任何宗教信仰。There are vegans like to influence and confuse people that it is unmerciful to take by-products of chicken and cow and they think onions and garlics are good for the human body! Vegans完全不了解汉传佛教,若你碰到这种强硬的vegans,不需要跟对方啰嗦。

For Hindu vegetarians, they consume onion and garlics. Minority of them, take eggs too!

To answer your question, 汉传佛教你要忌五荤。汉传佛教的吃素=慈悲。持斋=守戒+慈悲。‘吃素’与‘持斋’是有差别的。

2) 初一,十五,最好不要洗头? (Haha, I know it sounds absurd but I've heard of it.)
通书有记载。实际上,这没多大影响。不用忌讳这个。

3) If soup is boiled with meat, is it ok to drink the soup only based on "肉边菜" concept?
那你说呢?

4) My mum told me 拜观音娘娘, don't eat starfruit. Is it true?
杨桃别供。自己吃可以。

老师。 由于我现在有了生育, 但是因为高血压的影响, 我被医生 order admission and bed rest into KKH. 请问现在有什么佛经我可以念来, 来保住肚子里的健康和成长到生吗? 而且也确保我为母亲的健康和安全等吗? 谢谢你。 我等待你尽快回复。

嗨@toblerone 老师,
你老公要帮家族生意,是他的造化嘛。
Actually I know he doesn't wanna help out also, but he has no choice as his mum requested. Morever, he always help when asked to, so how to tell his mum "no", it will definitely will create lots of unhappiness. 昨天(星期一) 又去帮忙了... My MIL keep complaining she work till very very tired but still as stubborn. My husband and I have told her many times not to sell so much, but she refused to listen and said 能赚多少就赚多少! 真是无话可说! :confused:

You mentioned not to use my MIL's money earned from the pork business, but she has another side business unrelated to pork. So if she cooks at home, does that mean we better not eat what she cook too, since all ingredients are bought by her?
人在享受或者没有经历挫折的时候,不会改变的。
My FIL had heart attack in year 2013 and suffered mild stroke, still love to eat meat. When he was healthy, he was not very kind to my MIL, very 大男人 and bad-tempered, alot of stories... Deep in my heart, I detest him alot, but because he's my FIL, I will still give him the slightest respect.

So, I guess 还是有些经过挫折也不会改变的吧.

吃bread喝白开水很丢脸吗?
我也不觉得很丢脸,只是不喜欢那些讲那么多话的人. Sometimes I don't wish to say so much to these people, but they ask so many questions...

跟你讲这个的原因实是,要学会应变。
Noted.

To answer your question, 汉传佛教你要忌五荤。汉传佛教的吃素=慈悲。持斋=守戒+慈悲。‘吃素’与‘持斋’是有差别的。
Ok, so at this moment I'll continue to avoid 五荤 during vegetarian days.

那你说呢?
Haha, 那就是不行.. 可能我还不太明白肉边菜的意识.

还有,老师, if I wanna cook vegetarian food at home, do I need to use new pots/pans, including cutlery, that have never been used to cook meat?

Those frozen vegetarian food, is it ok to keep them together with meat/seafood in the freezer?

谢谢老师的指点。_/|\_

Hello Glacier chocolate :)

My FIL had heart attack in year 2013 and suffered mild stroke, still love to eat meat. When he was healthy, he was not very kind to my MIL, very 大男人 and bad-tempered, alot of stories... Deep in my heart, I detest him alot, but because he's my FIL, I will still give him the slightest respect.

恨人非常辛苦。心里难受,看到难受,做什么都看不过眼。别人也未必有感觉。不是自找痛苦吗?我曾经有多恨我家婆和先生。那种恨是入骨的,恨到会做愚痴事情。后来做功课,受戒,慢慢想通了。不就是我前世修不好,欠一家人才会嫁进去。何况自己也一定有过失。自己怎么对别人,别人就会怎么对自己。

现在学佛法,又有念经,更不可以对别人不好,起不好的动念。家人也会拿来讲啊,学佛学到这德性。放下了,就不恨了。现在和家婆和好如处。先生对一家人做对不起的事 (虽然还在做),但现在心如直水,绝望了。自己种的因,自己得承担。不要把恨锁在您家翁身上,到头来还得解铃还须系铃人。

我也不觉得很丢脸,只是不喜欢那些讲那么多话的人. Sometimes I don't wish to say so much to these people, but they ask so many questions...

明白的人不用解释,不明白的为何多讲。最多人问的是为何吃素。笑着回答,因为宗教。每个继续吃。:p

还有,老师, if I wanna cook vegetarian food at home, do I need to use new pots/pans, including cutlery, that have never been used to cook meat?

为了让家人方便,都用一样的锅等。我不想 create unnecessary unhappiness and tension :)

Those frozen vegetarian food, is it ok to keep them together with meat/seafood in the freezer?

都放在一起。我无所谓。Don't want to create problem again :)

Hope my answers can help you. 老师若有答错的地方,请指证。谢谢老师。:) sorry I don't know how to quote so make it bold. Paiseh.

Last edited:
她没说错。香赞可以跟着法师念。居士林每个星期日早上诵经,一开头就香赞。

若没集体/跟团诵念,可以免去‘香赞’。任何经文在念之前,条件是嘴巴必须要干净。指得不是刷牙漱口,而是嘴巴荤肉的荤腥。

整体属‘阴’。有讨债的鬼来找你,你选择用热水泼他,还是要观音菩萨的甘露?

脾气火爆、人缘不好、读书没脑、手术前后等等,可以用《心经》。但不能单一用。

Hi 老师,

想问一下是不是不能只单单念《心经》 而已 和不能晚上念? :eek: 那我弄错了。。Bcos for past few months I have been reciting 单单 《心经》 during in the train ride to work in the morning and back to home during evening and even night time when at home. The reason I chosen 《心经》 as the 经文蛮简单念的。

For the "条件" u mention to 念任何经文,I fully understand..and I am also try hard to 吃素 which now having 素食about 75% of my meal plans now :D ( I used to be 无肉不欢)。

Guess 老师 will be also busy preparing for CNY. Look forward to your reply after CNY.

羊年即将来临。。在此,我祝老师和所有Sin Motherhood forum members 新年快乐,身体健康 :p

images

Hey @Rubilite! :) Thank you for advice, appreciated it.

Actually, I fully understand what you meant and to be honest, I even thought about it whenever at times I was so upset. But I guess hatred just got over me too much. I need to release the hatred myself, but I dunno how. Sometimes I have awful thoughts too :( But he always like to turn and look at me when my back is facing him, that's when I'm in the kitchen and he's sitting in the living room; caught him a few times but he always acted he's twisting his head! :mad: When I eat at the dining table, he also like to stare at me using the feature mirror wall in the living room which reflects the dining area! So sometimes I eat in my room! So upset!! My MIL used to tell me last time her MIL (who is my FIL's mother), will also do the same when she ate her meals! GOSH! But well, I didn't tell her about my case... Maybe I should.

笑着回答,因为宗教。每个继续吃。
That's what I normally do, but there's always still exceptional few.

为了让家人方便,都用一样的锅等。我不想 create unnecessary unhappiness and tension :)

都放在一起。我无所谓。Don't want to create problem again :)
Ok, noted. :)

I also didn't know how to multi-quote until just now I managed to figure it out. You just need to highlight the sentence you wish to quote and there will be a 'Reply' option to click... That's it! :D

You mentioned not to use my MIL's money earned from the pork business, but she has another side business unrelated to pork. So if she cooks at home, does that mean we better not eat what she cook too, since all ingredients are bought by her?
她自己心甘情愿煮给大家吃,没办法的。除非你们搬出去。

每个人都有三毒 - 贪 嗔 痴. 会有起不满意 - 恨。

学佛的人也会发脾气的。老师也会,减低减低再减低。老师在Joo Chiat马路轻轻地闪过一个Malay cyclist,那个 cyclist摔倒在地方上,手脚破皮流血。按理来说是cyclist的错,但是老师还是一直向他说sorry sorry,my fault my fault. 把所有身上的钱都给他。一点都不生气。不管是不是前世的错,今世就解决,再不想要结怨了。 换成别人,早就放在STOMP和YouTube! 没完没了。

你跟没吃素的人在一起,难免会叽叽喳喳。这是人生学习吃素的过程嘛。Confirm sure have! 吃素没碰钉子,没给人‘酸’是骗人。多么难听和丧气的话,你都要准备听和接受。

老师。 由于我现在有了生育, 但是因为高血压的影响, 我被医生 order admission and bed rest into KKH. 请问现在有什么佛经我可以念来, 来保住肚子里的健康和成长到生吗? 而且也确保我为母亲的健康和安全等吗? 谢谢你。 我等待你尽快回复。
一部经 - 初学要得花15分钟以上才念的完。必须天天念,有增无减。念得快,少过10分钟可以搞定。实际是针对母体,不是胎儿。要是母体好,胎儿就ok. 爸爸有念更好,double. 妈妈念的功德,孩子没完全吸收到。以后,妈妈和孩子的bonding会好。

OR Alternatively,

若是要是实实在在保胎,就用经文组合保胎。挺辛苦的!No fish, chicken, pork, beef. 一天花的时间,怀孕初学者至少30mins. 这是最低限,不然没效。有必要增加,肯定不得了!胎儿把功德‘吸’过来。This forum 只有2个向老师请教。念到生了!Healthy babies!

There are some related posts about for chanting during pregnancy. click here.

想问一下是不是不能只单单念《心经》 而已 和不能晚上念? :eek: 那我弄错了。。Bcos for past few months I have been reciting 单单 《心经》 during in the train ride to work in the morning and back to home during evening and even night time when at home. The reason I chosen 《心经》 as the 经文蛮简单念的。

For the "条件" u mention to 念任何经文,I fully understand..and I am also try hard to 吃素 which now having 素食about 75% of my meal plans now :D ( I used to be 无肉不欢)。

Guess 老师 will be also busy preparing for CNY. Look forward to your reply after CNY.
应该说功效不大。比如说,你的人感觉不舒服发高烧。Panadol本来需要两粒,但是你吃了smaller than a quater.

若《心经》夹起其他经文念,完全不同了。和尚尼姑有这能耐单一念。

在bus mrt 哪里都可以念!不用管人家怎么看。你手拿经书专心的念。人家笑你他百分百会kenna.

Hey @Rubilite! :) Thank you for advice, appreciated it.

Actually, I fully understand what you meant and to be honest, I even thought about it whenever at times I was so upset. But I guess hatred just got over me too much. I need to release the hatred myself, but I dunno how. Sometimes I have awful thoughts too :( But he always like to turn and look at me when my back is facing him, that's when I'm in the kitchen and he's sitting in the living room; caught him a few times but he always acted he's twisting his head! :mad: When I eat at the dining table, he also like to stare at me using the feature mirror wall in the living room which reflects the dining area! So sometimes I eat in my room! So upset!! My MIL used to tell me last time her MIL (who is my FIL's mother), will also do the same when she ate her meals! GOSH! But well, I didn't tell her about my case... Maybe I should.

他看也没恶意,就一个习惯。毕竟您家翁也老了,要他改难。或许就是如我说,因为有恨有主观了,别人做什么看了就不舒服。自己要调节心情更实在。换位思考,多体谅他,或许他在看,您就不觉得怎样了。:) 其实您向家婆讲的目的是什么? 现在看的人不是您家婆的家婆了而是她先生哦。您在 complain 她先生。三思而后行,不然得不偿失。

应该说功效不大。比如说,你的人感觉不舒服发高烧。Panadol本来需要两粒,但是你吃了smaller than a quater.

若《心经》夹起其他经文念,完全不同了。和尚尼姑有这能耐单一念。

在bus mrt 哪里都可以念!不用管人家怎么看。你手拿经书专心的念。人家笑你他百分百会kenna.

谢谢 老师,

I printed the 心经全文 from internet and recite in bus and train,so far didn't notice any 异样眼光。。Just that sometime I recite a bit too loudly :oops:

请问老师念完心经之后应该再念哪一个经文?念经的数次应该是念越多越好吧 :p

心经应该也是适合男士读?I also printed 心经 for my hubby to read. My hubby do not eat as many vegetarian meal as me, but I requested he 至少初一和十五吃素 和 念几遍心经。 I know 老师 did mention 没吃素念经,功效也大打折扣。But I was thinking better than nothing? 或者我不应该叫我老公这样做, 毕竟 不是素食者,去念经反而对他不好?

谢谢老师,等老师有空才帮忙我解答。。 

P.S 老师, my new house will be doing renovation in March, will check with contractor the approx time of completion time. So will PM 老师 next month to help choosing a auspicious date and time moving into new house..Thanks ;)
upload_2015-2-18_10-26-33.jpeg

I printed the 心经全文 from internet and recite in bus and train,so far didn't notice any 异样眼光。。Just that sometime I recite a bit too loudly :oops:
Please note. See post #1773. Pay attention to this clause "《心经》97%是汉语拼音,只有结尾几句才是汉传焚音。必须依旧照着念。" You have to find out yourself.

请问老师念完心经之后应该再念哪一个经文?念经的数次应该是念越多越好吧 :p
咳嗽药水有咳嗽药的chemical ingredients. 分量刚刚好,吃不死人。经文也有成分(遍数)。以后再教。

心经应该也是适合男士读?I also printed 心经 for my hubby to read. My hubby do not eat as many vegetarian meal as me, but I requested he 至少初一和十五吃素 和 念几遍心经。
菩萨的经给众生。男女皆可诵念。

用途写在post #1754

I know 老师 did mention 没吃素念经,功效也大打折扣。But I was thinking better than nothing? 或者我不应该叫我老公这样做, 毕竟 不是素食者,去念经反而对他不好?
那当然了!总得什么都不念。你念你的,他吃他的。

Please note. See post #1773. Pay attention to this clause "《心经》97%是汉语拼音,只有结尾几句才是汉传焚音。必须依旧照着念。" You have to find out yourself.

咳嗽药水有咳嗽药的chemical ingredients. 分量刚刚好,吃不死人。经文也有成分(遍数)。以后再教。

菩萨的经给众生。男女皆可诵念。

用途写在post #1754

那当然了!总得什么都不念。你念你的,他吃他的。

Hi 老师,

羊年快乐!!!

Saw your reply before CNY,thinking better to raise my qs after your holiday. Hope you have enjoyed your new year. 正月初一我去了四马路观音庙拜拜,and to the place where u mentioned (post 176) the place where they have free CD 和 佛学的一些书籍。。But 没有经书,心经也只有CD版。。不过拿了一本“弟子规“ 回家阅读..

I am not sure if I have interpreted your answer wrongly. Am I right to say it will be good to combine 心经和大悲咒?如对,请老师指点是否念完心经之后念大悲咒。。但该念几遍呢?I koe 老师 did mention经文也有成分(遍数)。以后再教.. hmm..那我可以念三遍心经之后念三遍大悲咒?

But if I interpreted wrongly,麻烦老师指点错误。。

谢谢老师指点。。

一部经 - 初学要得花15分钟以上才念的完。必须天天念,有增无减。念得快,少过10分钟可以搞定。实际是针对母体,不是胎儿。要是母体好,胎儿就ok. 爸爸有念更好,double. 妈妈念的功德,孩子没完全吸收到。以后,妈妈和孩子的bonding会好。

OR Alternatively,

若是要是实实在在保胎,就用经文组合保胎。挺辛苦的!No fish, chicken, pork, beef. 一天花的时间,怀孕初学者至少30mins. 这是最低限,不然没效。有必要增加,肯定不得了!胎儿把功德‘吸’过来。This forum 只有2个向老师请教。念到生了!Healthy babies!

There are some related posts about for chanting during pregnancy. click here.

老师, 我已经在除夕夜,Emergency c cect 诞下我的婴孩。 但宝宝不主月生 , 所以现在的在医院里留一段时间。 请问我可能念什么来保她健康平安成长, 顺利克服前面的路程? 谢谢你, 等待你的回复。

老师, 我已经在除夕夜,Emergency c cect 诞下我的婴孩。 但宝宝不主月生 , 所以现在的在医院里留一段时间。 请问我可能念什么来保她健康平安成长, 顺利克服前面的路程? 谢谢你, 等待你的回复。
这种post令人heart attack.
该不会是生男的吧?

早产又拖了6 days才找老师啊?
你肖什么?你老公肖什么?

老师, 我诞下了一个女儿。 我很伤心, 在整理心情和身体, 所以才迟找你。 我是羊, 老公是兔子。生产后, 老公变成另一个人, 我们一直在冷战和吵架, 不知道怎么的。

shirevan.. 不要难过,toblerone 老师非常热于助人的。。你可能可以先学习吃清淡或多吃素。。 月子餐也可以全素的。。

老师, 我诞下了一个女儿。 我很伤心, 在整理心情和身体, 所以才迟找你。 我是羊, 老公是兔子。生产后, 老公变成另一个人, 我们一直在冷战和吵架, 不知道怎么的。
当务之急,不是夫妻的问题。你别跟他吵!

不知道你肯不肯做。全部有原因,但不想说。
  1. 这baby girl别抱去给人算命。
  2. 你在家好好地休息坐月30天,哪里都不要去,也不要去医院!干脆让你老公跑医院好了。
  3. 看你家人哪位愿意为baby girl祈福。就‘祈福出院’,最好别求有的没的。Don't ask for anything else. Simple, Straight and Specific. 要不然,惹神明生气还差不多。
    • 固定那位为baby girl祈福直到出院为止。
    • 这个人必须是跟baby girl有关系。
    • Baby的爸爸是最好的人选,看他愿不愿意。不然婆家或者娘家的人可以。
祈求的时候,报出父母的名字、baby名字(not registered is ok)、阳历出生日、医院、床位。- “我XXX,为YYY ZZZ在A年B月C日产下的女儿WWW祈福出院。因早产而留院,至今在新加坡竹脚妇幼医院,育婴室XXX。请求观世音菩萨/神明保佑女婴WWW健康出院”。这样就行。不要啰哩叭嗦了。磕头后、zip mouth离开。

坐月完后,你得经常拜太岁。窍门不是只等在初一、十五才拜。365天内你能拜超过120天吗? 没跟你说笑。时间自己安排。不用花钱烧金纸,就插香磕头。
今年你早就该拜太岁了呀!平时有念经,用不着临时抱佛脚。教你念的话,恐怕你现在念不下而且又会分神。

老师在facebook说过,‘四碧木’很多人会中。一些出生年份的肖牛、羊者很快‘挂’(up lorry)的。老牛最麻烦了。不想多讲这个。

跟你坐月婆讲,别弄什么麻油鸡、生鱼汤。I have seen pregnant mummies, everday eat fresh live prawns, fishes. 说什么要是没有摄取新鲜鱼/肉,胎儿没有营养。没听完之前,my eyes already rolled up. 后面的故事,不想讲了。有空读一读老师的帖子。FYI, there are tons of Singapore veggie mummies坐完月后非常健康!

Shireven,

Pls try to stay positive and have faith in Buddha and what teacher said. It is unhealthy to be constantly upset as post natal depression might set in. Especially during this period where the hormones have gone haywire, mood swings are perpetual. The phase will pass, your gal will be strong and healthy. Jia you!!!!

初九拜天公时, pray sincerely to tian gong and 叩头。朝天空拜就可以,no need to go temple as you are doing confinement.

I'm new to this forum, My husband and i planning to make a visit to toapayoh's ZSNN next friday. :) Any blessed couples dropping eggs next week? :)

Last edited:
Happy New Year!

正月初一我去了四马路观音庙拜拜,and to the place where u mentioned (post 176) the place where they have free CD 和 佛学的一些书籍。。But 没有经书,心经也只有CD版。。不过拿了一本“弟子规“ 回家阅读..
看DVD不是更好?

I am not sure if I have interpreted your answer wrongly. Am I right to say it will be good to combine 心经和大悲咒?如对,请老师指点是否念完心经之后念大悲咒。。但该念几遍呢?I koe 老师 did mention经文也有成分(遍数)。以后再教.. hmm..那我可以念三遍心经之后念三遍大悲咒?
tea_star glacierchocolate要学念,老师回复她们的post. 你读了没?
你知道她们得先做什么吗?

Hi老師,
Happy cny! I am mostly on vegetarian diet for 1 month plus but took some fish on 2 days:(
Will report back in a month's time. Hopefully I will be a full vegetarian by then.

Cheers:)

Back