(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

YES. That's the thing. It doesn't matter how you get the baby out, so long as both mummy and baby are safe.... But you can still feel the judgey stares/looks when you share your birth plan :mad:

BTW, what exactly is a doula/or the role of a doula?!

@furbee I think it's good to be informed... But I do agree that the more you read/the more you know... The more worried you'd be.

My birth plan is just to get baby out safe and sound, in the best possible way for both of us.... - though for epidural, I'm still really freaked out by how huge the needle is; and the back aches you'd feel the day after or so....

Haha judgey looks… just smile politely and thank them for their opinions, then ignore hehe! Unfortunately when you get to the breastfeeding part then lagi get more judgey opinions i tell ya :D Im super dreading the breastfeeding part… think already sianz half.

Erm I nvr really saw the epidural needle, and I dont want to. For me, no backaches after epi, but I'll usually vomit afterwards with any type of anesthesia. Did a day surgery before with GA and vomit like mad too.

A doula is there to calm the mother, help with breathing exercises, etc for those who wans to go natural birth w no epi. I think they may do abit of hypnosis? Haha not really dat sure exact duties too…

Went for appt today and baby really put on weight super fast during last trimester. In 3 weeks increased abt 600g. Baby is now 2.1kg. Head is in position. My iron count is still on the low side, 9.6, hence was given another dose of iron injection. :(

On the other note, it is just a tiring day today. And I actually just cry my heart's out coz I am feeling sooooooooooo tired. Short breath, legs tired, butts cramp, tummy heavy and the list goes on....

Suddenly emo wreck at the moment...

Oh dear hope you feel better soon? Maybe a prenatal massage will help with all the aching? Get plenty of rest over the wkend k. Hugss

I had that almost throughout 2nd trimester. Under left breast to be exact. The pain can be super painful like someone just punch and rupture your ribs.

Its due to expansion and also cld be due to the baby's vigorous movement, I suppose. It will go away after sometime. Just something that we gotta endure.
Yes yes..the pain is on and off..didnt get any worse..juz annoying and uncomfortable..told my gynae on last appmt at 26th weeks he said its normal...baby at normal weight..not sure abt now..next check up is on the 10th March :)

That is awesome! At 27weeks now and I think I've gained about... 8/9 kilo... Do you know what's the "ideal" weight that you should gain? Or the max that you should hit? For e.g. I've heard that the best would be not more than 15kg?
I heard is abt 10 to 15kg
But japan theres a strict diet. Preggy should gain only 7kg haha
Thats their ideal.

For me is as long as bb is healthy

Haha judgey looks… just smile politely and thank them for their opinions, then ignore hehe! Unfortunately when you get to the breastfeeding part then lagi get more judgey opinions i tell ya :D Im super dreading the breastfeeding part… think already sianz half.

Erm I nvr really saw the epidural needle, and I dont want to. For me, no backaches after epi, but I'll usually vomit afterwards with any type of anesthesia. Did a day surgery before with GA and vomit like mad too.

A doula is there to calm the mother, help with breathing exercises, etc for those who wans to go natural birth w no epi. I think they may do abit of hypnosis? Haha not really dat sure exact duties too…

Haha a doula is like a mid wife. But she goes through ur pregnancy with. Giving u knowledge abt pregnancy and birth. What type of way u choose to give birth in, she will be there to assist u. But of course they highly recommend natural birth. Im with a doula now and i agree with what she says fully haha

At my 29 weeks. Next tue is 30 Liao. I can feel my chest bursting out after every meal. Start to eat a lot n feel more hungry than ever. Eat too much then I feel like my whole chest n body going to explode. Very easily tired n leg cramps in the middle of the night. Can't really drive anymore cos the baby can kick really hard at times. Don't know if he is playing soccer in the stomach. More n more emo even when I listen to music I can also cry. So now my comfort is my 2 dogs at home. Oh I also sleep more often now. Can just sleep even in toilet. Grrhh

Been having a slight one sided headache and feeling so tired and lethargic lately...not sure if it is the weather or pregnancy.

I don't know about websites with things to buy checklist. I have my own list that I created based on what I think I will need. It's quite long and hope it helps you :)

PixiePosh things to buy list

For us
Antenatal classes
Maternity photoshoot
Newborn photoshoot
Post natal jamu massage
Confinement package
4D scan

For me
Our mattress disposable protector in case of water bag burst
Nipple cream
Stretch mark cream
Maternity clothes (pants/dress/tops/front opening pajamas)
Belly wrap
Nursing bra
Nursing bra pads
Sanitary pads
Panties

Baby sleeping stuff
Cot bed
Sleeping bag
Blankets
10 in 1 pillow
Infant pillow - for use when a few months old
Beansprout pillow
Baby shusher
Cot bed mobile
Waterproof cot bed mattress protector
Wall decal
Fitted bed sheet
Swaddling blanket
UV anti dust mite vacuum

Baby feeding stuff
Breasts pump
Infant milk powder - in case no milk supply
Feeding bottles
Bottle teats
Bottle washing brush
UV bottle sterilizer
High chair with tray for meals - for use when introducing solid foods
Bowl set - for use when introducing solid foods
Plate - for use when introducing solid foods
Spoon set - for use when introducing solid foods
Sippy cup set - for use when introducing liquids
Roll up bib - for use when introducing solid foods

Baby safety stuff
Safety socket pack
Safety corner blocks
Safety gate

Baby bath and grooming
Hooded towels
Bath towels
Face towels
Bath wash set
Comb n brush set
Ear buds
Cotton balls
Nail filer
Nasal cleaner
Finger toothbrush

Baby diaper stuff
Diaper changing table
Diaper table changing pad
Diaper rash cream
Baby non talc powder
Cloth diaper
Disposable insert for cloth diaper
Wet wipes
Disposable diapers - in case as back up

Baby play stuff
Gym mat
Baby bouncer
Play pen - for use when baby start crawling

Baby travel stuff
Car seat
Baby carrier
Stroller
Diaper bag

Baby clothes
Baby laundry detergent
Laundry drying rack
Baby clothes (vests/rompers full suit/short sleeve body suit/socks/booties/mittens/hats/beanies)

Baby toys
Cot bed side toy
Toys and books - for use during later months
Soother toy
Teething toy
Pacifier - as back up

Other stuff
Baby thermometer
Gold anklet
Thanks so much. This is very useful for me. I havent prepared anything at week26.

There is this warehouse sale at AMK today and tml... maybe @positivelife u can pop by if u're staying around the area..

@ellieteow ...oh, the bratop price reverted back to $29.90??... during CNY period there is promo only $19.90 and I posted here too.. PicsArt_1425094978861.jpg
PicsArt_1425096204597.jpg

Hi Mummies,

I just passed 26 weeks and gained about 4 Kg from pre pregnancy weight. Baby is in her 60th percentile and people are commenting on my small bump and looking at me sympathetically like my baby is suffering lol. Had my first calves cramps last night and also feeling of heartburn surfaced. My ankles are starting to disappear too even though my limbs still looked skinny. How have ur appetite been thus far?? Can stomach one normal meal? Or bloating easily?

I went baby r us today.. saw 20% off for avent and dr browns bottles. Also 15% off for medela.. is it a good deal or normal?

i think is about 6k. we wanted to store cordblood initially but decided that buying a policy for him is better. so we got a policy to cover any complications during birth, his childhood and can be converted into a endowment plan until he reaches 21. the plan can also be transferred to his name after he reaches 21 if he choose to continue with it. he will get 75k once he reaches 21.
Hi can I kw what policy and from which insurance company for this?

Hi mummies..hopefully everyone is doing well..i am coming into my 29th weeks.

Anyone of u experiencing sore ribs or pain? I am always having this pain under my breasts near my ribs when at night or when i am too tired. Basically my whole rib area till the back of my shoulder blades are sore..haiz..
Sometimes it hurts more when i lie down on one side too long..

Anyone knows the reason y?
@furbee SAME HERE. Just entered by 27th week.. Have never felt those aches and pains until a little earlier; around my ribs area. There were other experienced mummies around... And they told me that it's just your body expanding/catering to your growing baby. - the pressure round the ribs definitely do not feel too good.

But late apr do the shoot wont everyone tummy b too big to be in the photos? Hehe. Cant imagine cos nv tried taking group pregnant photos. Sounds fun....
Whats the link to the fb may mummies ? Thanks!
Not sure if "too big" is a bad thing.... Have seen some photos where some of the bellies were huuuuge. But still adorable:) The date is yet to be fixed thou... We can definitely discuss more :) I think @PixiePosh has already given you the link...

Been having a slight one sided headache and feeling so tired and lethargic lately...not sure if it is the weather or pregnancy.
Must be a combination of both - though I think if I weren't pregnant... I'll still feel sick/faint from this heat wave that's been going on.... Drink more water and non-gassy isotonic drinks!

I heard is abt 10 to 15kg
But japan theres a strict diet. Preggy should gain only 7kg haha
Thats their ideal.

For me is as long as bb is healthy
The Japanese certainly have a very peculiar (and strict) mindset when it comes to birthing....
Have a Japanese friend in her 40s; and apparently, during her time, (and even now!) going for epidural or c-sect is simply NOT an option. They feel that they have to "suffer" or go through the pain for the benefit of the baby; either that or the meds will affect the babies' health, etc....

I'm glad we aren't like that anymore here; but I still have to watch my weight a little and no eat too much junk food (said me, who just ate mcdonalds earlier :D )

@mommymich @cynn04 I'm sure... What with all the judgey looks... We have been judged for everything that we do... Somehow, people just feel that they have the right to butt into our business, don't they?:)

That's some great info about doulas... @mommymich, where are you delivering? Do they allow both your hubby and doula to be in the delivery suite?

Hi Mummies,

I just passed 26 weeks and gained about 4 Kg from pre pregnancy weight. Baby is in her 60th percentile and people are commenting on my small bump and looking at me sympathetically like my baby is suffering lol. Had my first calves cramps last night and also feeling of heartburn surfaced. My ankles are starting to disappear too even though my limbs still looked skinny. How have ur appetite been thus far?? Can stomach one normal meal? Or bloating easily?
How do you know which percentile is your baby in? - I got to check with my gynae when I'm going in for my appt in two weeks'! I'm at my 27th week and people still look at my stomach in amazement when I tell them which month I'm at!
- had an old lady tell me that it's "good"; 会收肚子; and that baby is tucked inside of my body for a longer time. Oh well; So long as my gynae isn't concerned, I wouldn't be too... Perhaps you're taller/have a longer body; hence you're not showing as much?
As for appetite, I feel that I'm back to what I've been eating pre-preg... One proper meal, no problem. Thou sometimes I feel that I don't have an appetite and don't really eat alot...

Hi Mummies,

For me, I'm also 27 weeks next week. Can no longer take 1 full meal, have to eat small meals or half the portion. I can't stand fried & spicy food and acidic fruits and chocolates too, will have bad heartburn. Taking soupy stuff mostly, forced to be healthy :(

I went baby r us today.. saw 20% off for avent and dr browns bottles. Also 15% off for medela.. is it a good deal or normal?

kiddy palace or even metro (members) have 20% promo sometimes.. Rare that medela have 15% promo too..even mums and babes dont have that much discount.

How do you know which percentile is your baby in? - I got to check with my gynae when I'm going in for my appt in two weeks'! I'm at my 27th week and people still look at my stomach in amazement when I tell them which month I'm at!
- had an old lady tell me that it's "good"; 会收肚子; and that baby is tucked inside of my body for a longer time. Oh well; So long as my gynae isn't concerned, I wouldn't be too... Perhaps you're taller/have a longer body; hence you're not showing as much?
As for appetite, I feel that I'm back to what I've been eating pre-preg... One proper meal, no problem. Thou sometimes I feel that I don't have an appetite and don't really eat alot...
Yes my gynae said for taller women it is easier to hide the baby bump. I am also back to eating normal pre pregnancy meal...most times also no appetite to eat could be due to the weather and the lousy indisgestion feeling I get. Wndering if bb is getting enough nutrients...

Hello mummies,

Yes i am standing at 168cm and does have a long body (according to my friends haha). My gynae, Dr Irene Chua, will print this piece of report containing baby's abdominal circumference, weight and percentile from my 24 weeks checkup. I eat half the quantity of what i used to eat now cos of the bloat and slight heartburn too. I try to avoid fried food cos will have pimples and also people say nt good for baby >.<

Hi, jus managed to join the fb page, may i know if theres any confirmed group photography already? Cos i can ask if my friend keen to take for us, will try to push FOC if can do it within an hour or so..but studio at ubi..

I also din see the long thick needle till my hubby described to me.. I can feel the 'part' of my spine where it was inserted at tat point of time, but i couldnt care, it really eased the contractions. I also puke after it wears off... Sigh.
And now after 4yrs, can feel aches at the 'part' where it was being poke ..

Yes my gynae said for taller women it is easier to hide the baby bump. I am also back to eating normal pre pregnancy meal...most times also no appetite to eat could be due to the weather and the lousy indisgestion feeling I get. Wndering if bb is getting enough nutrients...
Exactly. However, the small bump is slightly inconvenient at times... Especially on the train when you're given the priority seat by some kind soul; and judged for being on the seat, by another. Oh well.
As for feeling guilty, I always feel that I'm not eating the best, as I'm eating out a lot (rarely at home due to my schedule)... So I try to force myself to drink a glass of mummy's full cream milk a day.

@Twirlycandy We're the same height! So perhaps that's the reason why... OK. I shall ask my gynae for more info on the growth chart when I'm there next week... (As for avoiding fried food... My weakness is spicy food actually. Been taking spicy food on a more frequent basis after pregnancy... In your experience, would it cause heat burn, etc as well?)

Hi, jus managed to join the fb page, may i know if theres any confirmed group photography already? Cos i can ask if my friend keen to take for us, will try to push FOC if can do it within an hour or so..but studio at ubi..
One of the mummies, Hunni Ang have gotten a quote from Studio Memories.
That's really nice of your friend though! Do you have any links for your friend's portfolio so we can see his past works as well? Thanks!

Morning. I'm at the hospital now. Just took the first blood and urine test and gulp down 75g of glucose water. Another 2 more blood and urine samples to do. :(

finally stepped into my third trimester today @ 28 weeks! Bump is growing bigger and moving so much in the day. Another 10 weeks to go before starting to countdown to the arrival! really looking forward to the April baby fair to get some last minute buys...

anyone into sewing? I am looking at buying some fabric from fabric.com to sew for baby stuff after delivering (pantang husband say cannot use sewing machine when pregnant)

finally stepped into my third trimester today @ 28 weeks! Bump is growing bigger and moving so much in the day. Another 10 weeks to go before starting to countdown to the arrival! really looking forward to the April baby fair to get some last minute buys...

anyone into sewing? I am looking at buying some fabric from fabric.com to sew for baby stuff after delivering (pantang husband say cannot use sewing machine when pregnant)

Just realised i'm oso in my third tri already haha! A couple more days to wk 29 and switching to my old gynae for my coming appt this thurs.

Busy week this is, having a maternity / family photoshoot this wed as well. Hope my energy level keeps up on top of work! My bump progressively bigger now, and i'm preparing my gal for arrival of didi by asking her to sing to my bump. Interestingly, didi responds more to her voice than my hubby's.

All the aches and pain… considering prenatal massage already. Noticed my feet are getting fatter oso due to water retention. Arghhh!

haha congrats to progressing to week 29! can't say time flies but it's amazing we 'knew' one another since beginning of our pregnancies in this forum and now we are all moving into last leg of the journey! Jiayou mamas!

How come you switching to old gynae during third trim?

Me too...backache especially and legs muscles so tight after just doing some walking. Thinking of trying prenatal massage to alleviate these aches.

haha congrats to progressing to week 29! can't say time flies but it's amazing we 'knew' one another since beginning of our pregnancies in this forum and now we are all moving into last leg of the journey! Jiayou mamas!

How come you switching to old gynae during third trim?

Me too...backache especially and legs muscles so tight after just doing some walking. Thinking of trying prenatal massage to alleviate these aches.

Actually its my plan all along to switch back to my old gynae for delivery. Cos he is more experienced and not gan jiong type, makes me feel more assured. But the waiting times at his clinic in TMC is horrific and TMC is far, thus decided to get a gynae near my place for e monthly visits. Plus my current gynae, altho clinic is in e neighbourhood, rates are quite high leh.

Yup lets all jiayou for the last tri!

Morning. I'm at the hospital now. Just took the first blood and urine test and gulp down 75g of glucose water. Another 2 more blood and urine samples to do. :(

Jiayou... Close ur eyes and relax at the meantime.
Anw my gynae also advised me against maternal powder milk since my glucose lvl on higher side...
I just manage to complete my glucose home test , and given green light so no need further test. Hope ur results will be good too!!! Being in hospital is the worse place to be...

Jiayou... Close ur eyes and relax at the meantime.
Anw my gynae also advised me against maternal powder milk since my glucose lvl on higher side...
I just manage to complete my glucose home test , and given green light so no need further test. Hope ur results will be good too!!! Being in hospital is the worse place to be...
Your doctor told you not to drink maternal powder milk? Oh no. All along, I've been a fan of drinking cold, fresh milk.. But I'm under the impression that it is not as good or nutritious, though my gynae said it was fine. Finally switched to powdered milk (which I have to force myself to drink)... Now what? How do you usually get extra calcium into your body?

Is everyone here taking glucose test?? My gynae nvr request for me to take leh…
@bbtessa I would think this is a compulsory test? We'd usually be tested for GD is our 25-27th week if I'm not wrong... Perhaps you might want to ask your gynae about this? I paid about $40+ for the test.

i think this is the first time i jump so happy when i got weight gain. i gain 2kg since i last saw my gynae. total of about 5kg. the baby weighs 1.1kg now. very active and according to the gynae, the head is already down. i ask if he will reverse and turn other direction, he say possible but unlikely cos he grows bigger n not much room for him to somersault anymore. the growth is good n when the gynae put the scanner on his legs, i think he doesnt like it and keeps kicking it away lol. today we can see the baby face too. looks very cute with high cheek bones.

@bbtessa I would think this is a compulsory test? We'd usually be tested for GD is our 25-27th week if I'm not wrong... Perhaps you might want to ask your gynae about this? I paid about $40+ for the test.

Not compulsory. My gynae says if you dont have family history and every appt the urine test on the pee stick doesnt reflect you have high glucose no need do. Unless the pee sticks 3 consecutive times you have glucose in test stick then will need to do glucose test.

For the milk powder, my gynae also advised the same thing. Not to drink maternal milk because of the high glucose level...

Your doctor told you not to drink maternal powder milk? Oh no. All along, I've been a fan of drinking cold, fresh milk.. But I'm under the impression that it is not as good or nutritious, though my gynae said it was fine. Finally switched to powdered milk (which I have to force myself to drink)... Now what? How do you usually get extra calcium into your body?

I been taking multivaitamins, just started on calcium pills AGAIN, stopped during 2nd tri but i realise i need since i seldom buy milk to drink. Ya, low fat or skimmed cold milk is good enough to get the calcium (3 cups a day!!!)

Is everyone here taking glucose test?? My gynae nvr request for me to take leh…

@icyjol is right.. if got family history or if u request to do it then gynae will do.if not its not neccessary.

i think this is the first time i jump so happy when i got weight gain. i gain 2kg since i last saw my gynae. total of about 5kg. the baby weighs 1.1kg now. very active and according to the gynae, the head is already down. i ask if he will reverse and turn other direction, he say possible but unlikely cos he grows bigger n not much room for him to somersault anymore. the growth is good n when the gynae put the scanner on his legs, i think he doesnt like it and keeps kicking it away lol. today we can see the baby face too. looks very cute with high cheek bones.

Thats great news :) !! My baby din turn during my feb checkup, plus add in my high glucose, doubt got space for baby (already 1.23kg in feb) to be head down. Now waiting for miracle or have to opt for c-sec (dread at the tot of it since my previous 2 epi+ natural delivery).
Doc advise me to place pillow under back for 10mins daily b4 bedtime and talk to baby hope he faster head down...

Back