IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Will start stimulation today... Given 350 dosage... High leh..scared scared.. No choice because I got low egg reserve ... :(

I dunno y i need 2 more days of orgaulaton. Seems like to improve e egg response by supressing it first.

Anyway,start simulation early is good i think. I need to wait 2 more days :(All e best!
Wats yr amh?did e nurse count e no of follicles for u just now?

How big is yr cyst when measured in e first scan? Mine was 14mm

I dunno y i need 2 more days of orgaulaton. Seems like to improve e egg response by supressing it first.

Anyway,start simulation early is good i think. I need to wait 2 more days :(All e best!
Wats yr amh?did e nurse count e no of follicles for u just now?

How big is yr cyst when measured in e first scan? Mine was 14mm
Chubby,when do you need to start ogulaton jab again?how many days after e simulation jab?

My AMH is slightly below 1. I'm not sure about the size but when I asked the nurse, she said belonged to big size. I will start the blocker on the 5th day. Is this same as yours.

Same! Day 5 for e blocker. All e best to you chubby!

I urge e nurse to count for me 1. Else she wont count. I also ask her abt e size. Tts where i found its actually somethg i am born with which my previous gynae had detected many yrs ago n told me its ok to leave it alone.

Jiayou jiayou to us! Oosh!!

Same! Day 5 for e blocker. All e best to you chubby!

I urge e nurse to count for me 1. Else she wont count. I also ask her abt e size. Tts where i found its actually somethg i am born with which my previous gynae had detected many yrs ago n told me its ok to leave it alone.

Jiayou jiayou to us! Oosh!!
I see. Okay let Gambatte :) Is this your 1st IVF? Pardon me if this is a insensitive question to you. When is your next review ? Now our focus is to hope our body can produce many eggs and lining at least 8mm right? Feeling a bit loss. Good to have a cycle buddy as cheerful like you :)

Hope you have a great year ahead. Gong Xi Fai Cai!!!!

Chubby,when is yr next scan? Yr day 5 is after 5 days of jabbing puregon then start e blocker jab rite?

I a bit blur also

This is my 2nd ivf. Bo bian have to stay cheerful else life very difficult. n hope its a good good (goat goat yr ) smooth smooth for us.

Connie, mine only 4 days of puregon and then jab the blocker before heading for scan this weekends. So you need to jab 5 days and on the 6th, the blocker? Your next scan is on next Tuesday ?

Me 4 days, then blocker. So good u scan so fast. My scan is on next week.

Yr dr is dr matthew lau ma? Strange,so different though we both scan same day got a big follicle at day 2.

Did u go to room 4 today n see dr on duty to get e instruction on jabs?
But yrs sound more normal protocol. Mine sounds wierd

Last edited:
Chubby,how are u? Must be Octye retrieval stage for you already ya? Did dr lau arrive as per scheduled time?was e retrieval done exactly 36 hrs after e trigger jab at per stated on e paper or will it be delayed?

Hope u are doing well

Chubby,how are u? Must be Octye retrieval stage for you already ya? Did dr lau arrive as per scheduled time?was e retrieval done exactly 36 hrs after e trigger jab at per stated on e paper or will it be delayed?

Hope u are doing well
I'm fine . You sounds excited :) when is your ER?

I must say dr matthew lau egg retrieval skills is good. I did my 1st fresh at private 14 eggs retrieve, i have lots of blood passed out on 1st urine after e retrieval n cramping then. It took me 2 days to recover

With dr lau, there was minimal blood passed out in urine n no cramps after retrieval.i was ok tt night n Next day, i have recovered.

I must say dr matthew lau egg retrieval skills is good. I did my 1st fresh at private 14 eggs retrieve, i have lots of blood passed out on 1st urine after e retrieval n cramping then. It took me 2 days to recover

With dr lau, there was minimal blood passed out in urine n no cramps after retrieval.i was ok tt night n Next day, i have recovered.
Totally agree! He retrieved 28 eggs from me. For my case, only terrible pain due to badly swollen ovaries and few drops of blood bleed.

Wish u all the best! I used to take lots of red beans stuff during tww. Rest more. Don't do much hse work. Watch something u like, so time pass easier. Most importantly, try not to deal w any office stuff. U r the queen now. Bb dust to u. :)

Wish u all the best! I used to take lots of red beans stuff during tww. Rest more. Don't do much hse work. Watch something u like, so time pass easier. Most importantly, try not to deal w any office stuff. U r the queen now. Bb dust to u. :)
Thanks bb_love for your well wishes and dust! Wish u a smooth 9 mths! :)

Ladies, I think my iui cycle is burst!!! No more symptoms felt, Can feel abdominal cramp like AF coming.. Test upt: -ve on 13dpiui
Feeling so depressed now!!! Dunno when AF come Shld I go ahead w 2nd iui or jus call them to arrange IVF for me... Then take a break while waiting for ivf. Feeling so lost now!!!
Can anyone of u advise me if I wan to proceed with IVF in KKH what shld I do now?

Ladies, I think my iui cycle is burst!!! No more symptoms felt, Can feel abdominal cramp like AF coming.. Test upt: -ve on 13dpiui
Feeling so depressed now!!! Dunno when AF come Shld I go ahead w 2nd iui or jus call them to arrange IVF for me... Then take a break while waiting for ivf. Feeling so lost now!!!
Can anyone of u advise me if I wan to proceed with IVF in KKH what shld I do now?
PreciousBeanie, when is your next appt with Dr lau? I think he's a better person for advice. In the meantime, take good care of yourself.

PreciousBeanie, when is your next appt with Dr lau? I think he's a better person for advice. In the meantime, take good care of yourself.

He never give me any appt to f/u leh... Haiz shld I call the clinic to ask them if can slot me in? Or still waiting for mon blood test at KKIVF if AF Haven come?

Despite of that, you can still call and fix an appt for your review for this cycle, then discuss with Dr Lau to see whether to proceed with SOIUI or IVF based on your situation then.

Hubby say try few more mths.. If come back from holiday still dun haf.. Den go.. So i postpone to oct

I see. Dun think so much ok. Then just follow both of your intentions on this. Who know, you are pregnant during these months without going through IVF... Relax and Enjoy the holiday and wish you all the best...

AF come le... Can't proceed to 2nd iui immediately due to body need to wash out all the remaining injection in the body. I've booked for ivf in jun & counseling in mid May. Meanwhile I dunno if this decision is right, coz Dr Matthew wrote in my case for 2nd iui/ivf. Wonder if I shld make an appt with him jus to ask his opinion? During this break I think I wanna visit TCM. Any sister seeing or seen Dr Su from bukit batok before?

AF come le... Can't proceed to 2nd iui immediately due to body need to wash out all the remaining injection in the body. I've booked for ivf in jun & counseling in mid May. Meanwhile I dunno if this decision is right, coz Dr Matthew wrote in my case for 2nd iui/ivf. Wonder if I shld make an appt with him jus to ask his opinion? During this break I think I wanna visit TCM. Any sister seeing or seen Dr Su from bukit batok before?

hi PreciousBeanie..I have been to Dr Su from Bukit Batok...I have seen her for I think 6 months to tiao my body after an etopic pregnancy. (I lost 1 F tube) I wont say she is bad..given her q. but I personally don't find her v good. if u read her thread, seems like 90% of the ladies have the same diagnosis...I worked at raffles place and I rush to her clinic at bukit batok hoping to get the first few q. (her clinic opens at 6pm but usually there is already a few in q). once I was late...reach around 615. I waited till 10+ 11pm for my turn! in between I called like 50 times trying to make an appt but the nurses are too bz to pick up the phone (they allow phone appt from 2nd time onwards) and within 5mins I am out. after that..i stopped going back to her as I don't feel much impact on my body. I changed to another TCM recommended by one of the mummies who hit jackpot immediately after seeing her (very lucky). and also it is nearer to my home.

only con is I think this TCM don't take phone appt. so is queing system. I go on Friday am to take q. (usually 1st 5) and go back at 6pm for my appt. I like this tcm better because she track BBT and tell you when u should try. and also her med are brew type. unfortunately I still did not succeed under her but she help me see the pattern of my BBT. she suggested I do acupuncture if I don't don't BFP after 4 or 5 times (I cant remember exactly). I do feel her med did me good as I felt my period more accurate and CM also easier to track.

so end up I embarked on IVF journey under Dr Lau and managed to hit my jackpot. ( im 22 weeks today) not forgetting my roller coaster ride in 1st trimester. I think it is good to tiao your body before going to IVF since u also had an IUI done.

btw Dr Su med is powder form..so just add water and drink. whereas Dr Xu is the brew form.

wish you plenty of baby dust.

hi PreciousBeanie..I have been to Dr Su from Bukit Batok...I have seen her for I think 6 months to tiao my body after an etopic pregnancy. (I lost 1 F tube) I wont say she is bad..given her q. but I personally don't find her v good. if u read her thread, seems like 90% of the ladies have the same diagnosis...I worked at raffles place and I rush to her clinic at bukit batok hoping to get the first few q. (her clinic opens at 6pm but usually there is already a few in q). once I was late...reach around 615. I waited till 10+ 11pm for my turn! in between I called like 50 times trying to make an appt but the nurses are too bz to pick up the phone (they allow phone appt from 2nd time onwards) and within 5mins I am out. after that..i stopped going back to her as I don't feel much impact on my body. I changed to another TCM recommended by one of the mummies who hit jackpot immediately after seeing her (very lucky). and also it is nearer to my home.

only con is I think this TCM don't take phone appt. so is queing system. I go on Friday am to take q. (usually 1st 5) and go back at 6pm for my appt. I like this tcm better because she track BBT and tell you when u should try. and also her med are brew type. unfortunately I still did not succeed under her but she help me see the pattern of my BBT. she suggested I do acupuncture if I don't don't BFP after 4 or 5 times (I cant remember exactly). I do feel her med did me good as I felt my period more accurate and CM also easier to track.

so end up I embarked on IVF journey under Dr Lau and managed to hit my jackpot. ( im 22 weeks today) not forgetting my roller coaster ride in 1st trimester. I think it is good to tiao your body before going to IVF since u also had an IUI done.

btw Dr Su med is powder form..so just add water and drink. whereas Dr Xu is the brew form.

wish you plenty of baby dust.

Hi twinsy, thanks for sharing. May I know where is this Dr Xu u seeing? Also where is thread about Dr Su? I can't find it.

Wish ya have a smooth preg journey.. ;)

Hi ladies... I am thinking of going to Dr Matthew Lau for IVF, do I call KK direct to ask for an appointment?

Hi cctc ,if u are referred from polyclinic,e pre test and visits before doctor confirm u need to go ivf will be cheaper. You may get dr lau assigbed as yr dr. Subsidy doc i think there is jerry tan,dr lau,dr steven and dr veron (if i am not wrong). You can save ard $200 to $300 from subsidised vs private.

After doc confirmed you need to go ivf,all rates are private and it does not matter u have a poly clinic referral letter or u call direct to name a doctor

Hi cctc ,if u are referred from polyclinic,e pre test and visits before doctor confirm u need to go ivf will be cheaper. You may get dr lau assigbed as yr dr. Subsidy doc i think there is jerry tan,dr lau,dr steven and dr veron (if i am not wrong). You can save ard $200 to $300 from subsidised vs private.

After doc confirmed you need to go ivf,all rates are private and it does not matter u have a poly clinic referral letter or u call direct to name a doctor

Thank you Connie! Any idea if Dr Matthew Lau's success rates are as good as Dr SF Loh?

Thank you Connie! Any idea if Dr Matthew Lau's success rates are as good as Dr SF Loh?

Hmm..i think sf loh is better?cos he in this trade longer in terms of experience.

Dr lau er skills is ok. I dun feel pain e next day. He is also a very patient doctor who listens n answers to all my questions.

Some gals bfp with dr lau in this thread. So i will think,choose a doc that you are comfortable with and a lab that you have confidence in. :)

Agree with connie helpful.

Dr do make a different, but the biggest part come fr our body. So for dr part is u mus be comfortable with him. As subsidies patient at the initial stage before ivf is cheaper but can't guarantee Ur dr who will be seeing. So if seeing a consistent dr matter to u then u need to consider to call direct for making appt under dr Lau. I also saw ur qn fr other thread: 1st cycle govt grant 6K, medisave 6.3k(both sporean) Balance u pay cash. Hope this help.

With my experience with kk and went in to be treated for infertility,i think they allocate e same doc u are assigned to. I was assigned to dr lau and was given him for all e subsidised apptment. I was absolutely comfortable with dr lau so much more better than another famous male doc in kkh. (I did make an effort to visit another doc in kkh as i heard he has high success rate n its good n patient,but ultimately i still choose dr lau to do my ivf at kkh)

Yes ultimately,its e quality of yr egg n sperms that have e most weightage for ivf besides doc n ivf lab

Hi @connie_helpful and @PreciousBeanie, thank you so much for the information! I also wish to check something with you ladies. How do they retrieve the sperms from the men???

Hi @connie_helpful and @PreciousBeanie, thank you so much for the information! I also wish to check something with you ladies. How do they retrieve the sperms from the men???
The guy goes into a room and DIY, put into a bottle and pass to nurse. Can also do at home but must deliver to hospital within the hour.

Hello ladies, how have u been? I had such an eventful pregnancy and delivered in March by Dr. Lau. Husband was with me during delivery and impressed with Dr. Lau's skills. Baby's 6 weeks old now. :)

Did a review with Dr. Lau recently. I'm likely to embark on frozen cycle for #2.

Back