IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oic.. I m also very new and still learning those term too. This is my first fresh cycle but luckily there are lots of info here and many helpful ladies. And it helps cos i dont feel so lost and know what to expect even before the procedure. Hehe

But i still don't understand what dp/dt is. I always see people post like 2dp6dt and i don't understand how it is counted.
dXpdYt refers to gestational age of the embryo.

On ER date, the egg is fertilised. That is considered d0.

Assuming ER is on a Monday, if you hv a d2 transfer, that will be on a Wednesday.

By the Sunday, you will be d4pd2t ("day 4 past a day-2 transfer", or 6 days past ER). By the following Monday, you will be d5pd2t, etc.

Hope this helps.

Before i start the jabs, there are a form to fill up for us to choose if we want to put how many embryos. The diff is the insurance cost. I was not told so far that we cannot put 2...ww can choose 3 with higher insurance cost...and off course they said more complication

you mean we need to pay for the insurance aso? can i noe the cost of the insurance and what does it cover?

Hello ladies, anyone tried more than 3 fresh cycles and still trying? I am turning 39 soon. Wonder if its time to throw in the towels. Feel sad. I did succeed in a previous fet and my child is 3 years old now. Really feel like giving her a sibling. :(

Me!! I've tried 4 fresh which the follicles did not grow so aborted the cycle. Each time my cycle was aborted during the stimming stage. I'm currently in my 5th fresh cycle which I've successfully retrieved 3 follicles (finally! I've not have follicles growing for the longest time due to extremely low AMH) but only one was fertilized thus transfered one on tue. Currently on TWW. And I'm 39yo this year too. I did conceive my gal thru my first attempt of ivf in 2010. That was so easy. I didn't know I will encounter so much difficulties now trying ivf again. I have also told myself I will keep on trying till I turn 40 which I will stop and concentrated on my other children. Thus give yourself a timeline... I told my hubby we can't possibly keep on trying, we need to agree on a time that we will stop, which is when I turn 40yo. So I guess this will be our last try regardless successful or not cos we have also used up the $15k medisave and all govt cofunding...

Assuming ER is on a Monday, if you hv a d2 transfer, that will be on a Wednesday.

By the Sunday, you will be d4pd2t ("day 4 past a day-2 transfer", or 6 days past ER). By the following Monday, you will be d5pd2t, etc.

Hope this helps.

Ahhh... Thanks so much for the explanation. Now i understand already. Ur example was exactly the day i did my ER and ET. At first i was still confuse if mine was a day-2 or day-3 transfer now i no more confuse. Hehe. Appreciate ur detailed explanation.

most miscarriages r due to chromosomal abnormalities , so it is actually qte common. dunno when moh will allow drs in singapore to screen our embryos befre transfer. think have to wait long long..

after miscarriage den can test for chromosomal abnormalities. its so unfair for us doing ivf which we should test before we transfer. :(

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the details.
I suppose this is meant for fresh cycle only which ET happened in few days after ER?

Hello ladies, anyone tried more than 3 fresh cycles and still trying? I am turning 39 soon. Wonder if its time to throw in the towels. Feel sad. I did succeed in a previous fet and my child is 3 years old now. Really feel like giving her a sibling. :(

Me! Done 1 IUI, 1 fresh then FET than succeed. Tried for 2nd and succeeded after 2 fresh and 2 FET. Now i am 41 and like to have a last try for the 3rd... looking back the record, this may not be easy. My egg is lesser and lesser during collection time. But IVF is up to 45 yrs old & i don't have much time le.

you mean we need to pay for the insurance aso? can i noe the cost of the insurance and what does it cover?
Humbaobao,
Yes, each embryos trsf required insurance coverage. I am not sure which hospital you are with, NUH charge 1 embryo $100+, 2 embryos $200+ and 3 embryos is $900+. I cant remember the exact amount. This is to cover for in case the complication of your pregnancy, higher risk for multiple babies hence higher insurance cost for more embryos transfer

Thank you Ron, Happy MTB and Greed! Makes me more hopeful now. Going for a review with my doctor soon. Hope he dont write me off again. Will be my 7th fresh cycle next. Had 3 miscarriages before succeeding in my first child.

I think maybe he think too many cycles and too many failures to derive at 1 child may be tougher pushing ahead for a second one. I have to agree its tough but i also cant bear to give up yet since maybe still got 1-2 years more to try?

Last edited:
Humbaobao,
Yes, each embryos trsf required insurance coverage. I am not sure which hospital you are with, NUH charge 1 embryo $100+, 2 embryos $200+ and 3 embryos is $900+. I cant remember the exact amount. This is to cover for in case the complication of your pregnancy, higher risk for multiple babies hence higher insurance cost for more embryos transfer

its usually the same. Coz only one insurance company cover it for IVF. And only compulsory for Govt Hospital. Private no need if you dont want. But i heard fm this forum, there are ladies fm KKH never submit the cheque after ET, coz you need to submit it within a week after ET. I think KKH nurse also busy to keep track. If not valid liao for insurance. NUH always ask for the cheque on the ET day.

But insurance is only for if u BFP, and your baby is premature and requires intensive care. Coz they believe ivf babies tends to be premature and more complications. If never BFP, burn bye bye $.

1 embryo - $68.48
2 embryos - $291.04
3 embryos - $924.48 (for age 37 & above)
4 embryos - $2,739.20 (GULP)

Hi only you, you are a strong woman and jiayou!

Btw... can you tell me how much it cost for a fresh cycle? I think i have used up the co-funding, just wondering if i need to cough out hard cash $15k (estimated ) or still can use medisave?

Thank you Ron, Happy MTB and Greed! Makes me more hopeful now. Going for a review with my doctor soon. Hope he dont write me off again. Will be my 7th fresh cycle next. Had 3 miscarriages before succeeding in my first child.

I think maybe he think too many cycles and too many failures to derive at 1 child may be tougher pushing ahead for a second one. I have to agree its tough but i also cant bear to give up yet since maybe still got 1-2 years more to try?

Don't give up, and don't let doc write you off. My friend tried for 10 fresh cycles before she gave birth to her first. Now pregnant again after her 12th fresh! Jia you

What time does the scan start in the morning? 7.30 or 8 am? I saw the operating hours start at 7.30 am but was told ultrasound is 8 am.

Greed it depends on drugs. The higher dose the more vials required and more costly. Otherwise ER and ET and other miscellaneous charges are about $8k. So add in drugs maybe will come to $15k. If you have not used medisave previously bulk of these can deduct from there. Otherwise if exceeded medisave limits will have to fork out cash.

What time does the scan start in the morning? 7.30 or 8 am? I saw the operating hours start at 7.30 am but was told ultrasound is 8 am.
Greed3, ultrasound starts at 8am. Eg. I wan to be the first one to be scanned, I will go much early.. Say 7.30am ..Hoping I can take the first no. For the scan Q. :p

Greed it depends on drugs. The higher dose the more vials required and more costly. Otherwise ER and ET and other miscellaneous charges are about $8k. So add in drugs maybe will come to $15k. If you have not used medisave previously bulk of these can deduct from there. Otherwise if exceeded medisave limits will have to fork out cash.

Sorry for the suaku-ness, but medisave got limit meh? I tot can use until d account goes "bankrupt"?

Hi Chubby 1314, i hope i can get 1st in the queue too as i hope will not disrupt my work hours. But i doubt so as I start work at 8.30 am, don't think can make it on time.

Yes the jab prep is difficult... I have 3 vials of Pergoveris to prep daily... Have to wake up earlier to do it...
Me too...woke up earlier for the jab..i hv 2 vials for 4 days...how abt urs? How many days?

Btw, 3 vials is 1 botl water to 3 botl of powder, is it?

Ya very stingy hor? Limit at 15k only and across both spouses. I thought should at least allow 15k from each spouse meaning we get to defray cash of 30k

Hi Ladies,

This is one 1st fresh cycle. Just started my stimm with Puregon yest. Feeling bloated yest, drank a can of isotonic drink and feel much better. So drinking isotonic drink works! Today feeling better. Want to check with you ladies whether ER and ET will feel any pain? A bit worried about ER and ET.

Hi Chubby 1314, i hope i can get 1st in the queue too as i hope will not disrupt my work hours. But i doubt so as I start work at 8.30 am, don't think can make it on time.
Greed3, if u want to be first must be there even before 730am! There are already pple q-ing outside before 730am to wait for nurses to open door! I ever reach at 715 am & there are already pple q-ing. Dunno what time those early birds reach. :)

Btw ladies anyone tested AMH? I m perplexed. Before my first pregnancy i was measuring 2.3 ng/ml then dip to 1.4 ng/ml after childbirth and before i try ivf again for a 2nd child. My doctor say the dip shows i have no more eggs so that may be why he dont want to help me with more cycles too.

But today i just got my latest AMH report done the BT 2 weeks ago. Its 2.5 ng/ml??? Can increase one? I thought once decline is hopeless liao and will just deteriorate?

Btw ladies anyone tested AMH? I m perplexed. Before my first pregnancy i was measuring 2.3 ng/ml then dip to 1.4 ng/ml after childbirth and before i try ivf again for a 2nd child. My doctor say the dip shows i have no more eggs so that may be why he dont want to help me with more cycles too.

But today i just got my latest AMH report done the BT 2 weeks ago. Its 2.5 ng/ml??? Can increase one? I thought once decline is hopeless liao and will just deteriorate?
2.5 is good reading ! Why cannot try? Yr doc also strange to say u no eggs...

For your information, Amh measurement in 2 units:

Low AMH range
1.5 to < 6.5 pmol/L
0.21 to < 0.91 ng/ml

Normal AMH range
6.5 to < 19.8 pmol/L
0.91 to < 2.78 ng/ml

i also have chromosome problem, also trisomy when i sent the tissues for lab test. it was stated in the report that trisomy is the most common chromosome abnormalities in first tri pregnancies
hopeful78, all the best for your amnio test . hope your baby grows well and fast
may i ask where did you do your womb massage? any contacts? tks . take care!

At the massage plc at Club Street..
67351101. Tell them u want womb massage..

@only_you, who is your doc? My AMH is 7.8 and dr says its good for my age. I ever asked him if it is possible for a huge dip, he said it shldn't. Nonetheless, he said if AMH is low, can try but have to use very very high dosage.

Bel13, wow your friend is really persevering! Do you know who is her doctor?

Yes, it's Prof SC Ng, he's at o&g partners at gleneagles and also at sincere ivf. She had to go to Bangkok for her ER and ET, but consults and medication/jab all done here in Singapore.

Thanks for the chart tsf0205. If like that now i should be in normal range but a year ago was real low maybe thats why my doctor gave up on me. But strange my AMH so big difference. Makes me feel like retest to see really or not.

Hi only you, you are a strong woman and jiayou!

Btw... can you tell me how much it cost for a fresh cycle? I think i have used up the co-funding, just wondering if i need to cough out hard cash $15k (estimated ) or still can use medisave?
I have used my medisave and not eligible for Co-funding cos my age. Just did a fresh cycle with kk....around $11k

Thanks for the chart tsf0205. If like that now i should be in normal range but a year ago was real low maybe thats why my doctor gave up on me. But strange my AMH so big difference. Makes me feel like retest to see really or not.

I had similar experience..AMH was about 12+ in 2012, last year I tested again (after #1 turned 1y/o) and it jumped to 24+. Few months later it went back down to 7+.

So maybe these AMH tests also hv errors?

Back