Newborn sleeping in yaolan(cradle)

wennsays

Hi, any mom here let their baby sleep on yaolan after being discharge by the hospital? Would appreciate if you could share some experiences here as I'm a first time mum :)

I also let my new born sleep in yao lan. Not all the time though, she likes it as it's more cooling. Sometimes sleep on tummy, sometimes upright. Sometimes sleep on my chest. Got to try all sorts to ease a fussy baby and find a way to let baby sleep longer. My baby can sleep 4-5 hours on her tummy facing down.

I did let my baby sleep in the yaolan on his 2nd month but switch to cot on his 3rd month. As i need to work after my maternity leave and have to place my baby in infant care centre, hence is better not to let baby get use to sleep in yaolan.

Generally babies sleep better in yaolan as it feels like being in womb, being protected. But so far I never let my 3 kids sleep in it cuz I don't want to make it a habit that they only sleep in it. If baby is easy, it's better to use cot in the long run. Hope it helps.

What about letting baby slp in the cocoon a baby the shape looks like is in our womb shape

hello, my baby sleeps in a cot or mattress because discourage building a habit that baby has to be rocked to sleep. But baby does sleep in yaolan at times when going to in law's place.

My confinement lady also discourages yao lan BUT she has a TIP for those who wants to use yaolan..stop the rocking once baby is sleeping and verge of falling asleep and let baby fall asleep. Prevent the habit of being rocked and need to be rocked to return to sleep.

hello, my baby sleeps in a cot or mattress because discourage building a habit that baby has to be rocked to sleep. But baby does sleep in yaolan at times when going to in law's place.

My confinement lady also discourages yao lan BUT she has a TIP for those who wants to use yaolan..stop the rocking once baby is sleeping and verge of falling asleep and let baby fall asleep. Prevent the habit of being rocked and need to be rocked to return to sleep.

Hihi' not having the intending of rocking my baby which sound pretty weird for baby sleeping in yaolan but for the thought of letting my Lo sleep more sound and longer. Hoping my confinement nanny will listen to me and not rock the baby to sleep if not after her leave, I will have a hard time to coax my Lo one to sleep.
Thanks for your reply :)

Back