(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Hi all,

I'm a first time mum with a baby girl due late June. I am trying to find a stay out confinement nanny, any recommendations? Have been having a lot of difficulty finding stay out nannies!
Thanks!

Hi LilP,

try contacting this volunteer with KKH Wings. May 6250 1012 or email [email protected] for KKH Wings certified confinement nannies. You may state whether you want full time/ part time nannies for 14/28 days basis.

Stay-out nannies usually only Singaporeans.

The last i enquired part-time to full time ranges from 1800-3500, depending on the nanny you contact. You negotiate the price with the nanny.

SINGAPORE
TAI SING CORPORATION PTE LTD
Office: 730-732, North Bridge Road, Singapore 198700.
Showroom: 748-758, North Bridge Road, Singapore 198722.
Tel:65 6291 2633 Fax:65 6291 0974
Email:[email protected]

Sure.. I also looking for combi stroller and car seat.. Not sure if they got baby cot mahx

Thanks! Have u been there before? Isit much cheaper? Those at the recent bb fair is only like $50 cheaper than market price

Thanks! Have u been there before? Isit much cheaper? Those at the recent bb fair is only like $50 cheaper than market price
Welcome! I haven been there before, is my bro's friend told me one.. She said there got more models for the stroller compare to mothercare.. Coz is the sole distributor.. I not sure about the price ye plan to go there see during one of the weekends ba.. :)

sometimes i scare buy liao, either dun like the taste or end up having diarrhoea and it's going to be such a waste as they are quite expensive
yes, I think better try sample first if can get. v difficult to finish the whole can if cannot stand the taste.

SINGAPORE
TAI SING CORPORATION PTE LTD
Office: 730-732, North Bridge Road, Singapore 198700.
Showroom: 748-758, North Bridge Road, Singapore 198722.
Tel:65 6291 2633 Fax:65 6291 0974
Email:[email protected]

Sure.. I also looking for combi stroller and car seat.. Not sure if they got baby cot mahx

Thanks for the info! :)
Intend to get stroller and car seat too since no 2nd hand to pass over :D:D
Baby cot is also one of the need-to-buy item

Thanks for the info! :)
Intend to get stroller and car seat too since no 2nd hand to pass over :D:D
Baby cot is also one of the need-to-buy item
Sure no problem! :) ya same and combi ones shld be not bad haha see many parents using that though..
Ya.. But maybe I will get travel cot instead..

Anw, I read bongqiuqiu's blog and she mentioned that there's 2 places selling cheap baby stuffs they are at industrial parks.. U all can google baby hyperstore and baby kingdom.. I not sure if they are really very cheap anot hehe.. Just wanna share with you mummies :) maybe can take a look yah..

Anw, I read bongqiuqiu's blog and she mentioned that there's 2 places selling cheap baby stuffs they are at industrial parks.. U all can google baby hyperstore and baby kingdom.. I not sure if they are really very cheap anot hehe.. Just wanna share with you mummies :) maybe can take a look yah..

Thanks for sharing @Ice_Tea =)

Sure no problem! :) ya same and combi ones shld be not bad haha see many parents using that though..

My sis has a combi stroller since she bought 7 years ago and still in good condition. Unfortunately she still needs it for my 2 year old niece

actually travel cot is good if u bring bb out to ur mum/other places often..and when bb bigger can convert into playpan

u got any in mind yet? at first I wanted this model
http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/pack-n-play-playard-with-newborn-napper-elite-vance.aspx
but in the end got this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N=B004K1EUWY&linkCode=as2&tag=tracotandcri-20

2nd one I like the height of the changing station..good for our back not to bend too much after birth and if u c-sec..

My sis has a combi stroller since she bought 7 years ago and still in good condition. Unfortunately she still needs it for my 2 year old niece
Wow that means combi stroller is actually pretty good yah and long lasting :D really can consider that as my first choice! Hehe

actually travel cot is good if u bring bb out to ur mum/other places often..and when bb bigger can convert into playpan

http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/pack-n-play-playard-with-newborn-napper-elite-vance.aspx
but in the end got this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N=B004K1EUWY&linkCode=as2&tag=tracotandcri-20

2nd one I like the height of the changing station..good for our back not to bend too much after birth and if u c-sec..
Yup, will be putting one at my mum's place coz she said there's wheel so easier for her to push the baby to the living room at least she can see what the baby is doing..

I haven see any models yet, Saturday went to mothercare and see but mostly are baby cot only saw one travel cot..

The second one looks really cool yah, ya is better that the height can be adjusted coz when the baby is older can just become playpen which save some money too haha..

I like the changing bassinet on the cot, helps to save our poor backs!

But I haven't gone around to seeing playpens yet. Wonder if the little one will be willing to stay in there alone as he grows older.

Went to check out the different glass bottles available. Lightest glass bottle goes to Nuk and Pigeon. Dr Brown and Tommee Tippee has got heavier bottles. The sales lady saw me and said its a bit early to be getting bottles :D

I read an Amazon review of a mum switching over from plastic to glass bottles as the plastics gave off a smell after sterilizing.

And also looked at swaddles. There is this particular brand made popular by Duchess Kate, the Aden + Anais muslin ones from Mothercare are so ex! The material is soft but feels too filmsy, the baby will struggle and get its hands out in no time.

Last Sat I went for my checkup at 21 weeks, abdominal circumference is 15.89cm and I put on almost 5kg. Now my flats feel a bit tight, anyone here has the same feeling?

I am beginning to feel more of my baby's kick. Once he kicked harder and made me yelp out in surprise at ticklish feeling. LOL.

But I haven't gone around to seeing playpens yet. Wonder if the little one will be willing to stay in there alone as he grows older.

Went to check out the different glass bottles available. Lightest glass bottle goes to Nuk and Pigeon. Dr Brown and Tommee Tippee has got heavier bottles. The sales lady saw me and said its a bit early to be getting bottles :D

I read an Amazon review of a mum switching over from plastic to glass bottles as the plastics gave off a smell after sterilizing.

And also looked at swaddles. There is this particular brand made popular by Duchess Kate, the Aden + Anais muslin ones from Mothercare are so ex! The material is soft but feels too filmsy, the baby will struggle and get its hands out in no time.

Last Sat I went for my checkup at 21 weeks, abdominal circumference is 15.89cm and I put on almost 5kg. Now my flats feel a bit tight, anyone here has the same feeling?

I am beginning to feel more of my baby's kick. Once he kicked harder and made me yelp out in surprise at ticklish feeling. LOL.

I was size 36 b4 my 1st pregnancy.. and grown to 38..
Which remained stagnant during my 2nd pregnancy..
Den b4 this pregnancy.. I lost 14kg in a very short time frame and my shoe size dropped to 37..
Now 37 is tight..
And 38 is loose.. between sizes now..
Guess all the melissa heels n flat has to be put on the rack till a later date...
I have gained 2kg so far, at week 19.. no MS ... no food adversion...
Baby sized to date..
Guess I m losing wt to the bb bah.. which is a good thing I hope...

Any mummies having chestpains? That occurs in-between the cleavage line there? Been so annoyed by the pain there,lost my appetite for dinner just now. Still got 2days more t see my gynae.......

I was size 36 b4 my 1st pregnancy.. and grown to 38..
Which remained stagnant during my 2nd pregnancy..
Den b4 this pregnancy.. I lost 14kg in a very short time frame and my shoe size dropped to 37..
Now 37 is tight..
And 38 is loose.. between sizes now..
Guess all the melissa heels n flat has to be put on the rack till a later date...
I have gained 2kg so far, at week 19.. no MS ... no food adversion...
Baby sized to date..
Guess I m losing wt to the bb bah.. which is a good thing I hope...

As long as Dr says baby's weight is ok and you're feeling well shouldn't be any problem at all.

So far no MS for me but I noticed my stomach is very sensitive to oily food and have vomitted on 3 occasions. Only food aversion is certain types of fish. Those which I used to like now seems to have a strong fishy smell.

What happened to you and caused you to lose14kg in a short time frame? My shoe size also between size 36 and 37 now.

Any mummies having chestpains? That occurs in-between the cleavage line there? Been so annoyed by the pain there,lost my appetite for dinner just now. Still got 2days more t see my gynae.......

Is it accompanied by shortness of breath and light-headedness? Must have been bad enough to make you lose appetite. Do take care and hope the gynae has a solution for it.

My discomfort is mainly from loss of sleep due to frequent urination and baby protesting when I try to sleep sideways. :oops:

Is it every checkup the gynea will measure the weight of the baby? Or need to wait until certain weeks den can know the weight yah? I have not know my baby weight yet :( and the next appointment is next week.. So scare that she didn't gain enough weight >.<

As long as Dr says baby's weight is ok and you're feeling well shouldn't be any problem at all.

So far no MS for me but I noticed my stomach is very sensitive to oily food and have vomitted on 3 occasions. Only food aversion is certain types of fish. Those which I used to like now seems to have a strong fishy smell.

What happened to you and caused you to lose14kg in a short time frame? My shoe size also between size 36 and 37 now.

I was on a weigh loss regime..
Been running actively and eating more than regularly to lose wt.
Who knows.. half way through my target .. I realised i m preggy.. haha..

I only experienced short of breath whenever I wake up.. I dunno why too.. I need to sit on the bed awhile den can start moving..

Chest pain and shortness of breath is due to the wombie taking up more space causing ur stomach intestine lungs to move up..
The worse has yet to come..
In mid 3rd trimester.. you may experience heart burn cost ur digestive track is pushed way up high..

Is it every checkup the gynea will measure the weight of the baby? Or need to wait until certain weeks den can know the weight yah? I have not know my baby weight yet :( and the next appointment is next week.. So scare that she didn't gain enough weight >.<
I also dun know the weight yet..:( my gynae didn't say thing during scans too

that height was one of the reasons why we decided on the cot hehe..

how is ur abdominal circumference measured?

that height was one of the reasons why we decided on the cot hehe..

how is ur abdominal circumference measured?

My gynae doesn't give me the baby's weight. It was only during the FAS that the sonographer did an estimate of the weight.

I remember after week 20, they don't measure growth using Crown Rump Length (CRL) but measure the Abdominal Circumference (AC). From the scan I see him taking a cross-section of the body trunk and not the full length of the baby, this round my scan pic I don't see the full baby pic, only pics of circles.:confused:

Chest pain and shortness of breath is due to the wombie taking up more space causing ur stomach intestine lungs to move up..
The worse has yet to come..
In mid 3rd trimester.. you may experience heart burn cost ur digestive track is pushed way up high..
Dontkniw isit chestpains, but it's below of your right breast
I don't feel any shortness of breath. The painess is pissing me off.. 1st trimester headaches occur almost everyday. Now 2nd trismeter pains at ribcage...... phew *

My gynae doesn't give me the baby's weight. It was only during the FAS that the sonographer did an estimate of the weight.

I remember after week 20, they don't measure growth using Crown Rump Length (CRL) but measure the Abdominal Circumference (AC). From the scan I see him taking a cross-section of the body trunk and not the full length of the baby, this round my scan pic I don't see the full baby pic, only pics of circles.:confused:
What is FAS? Does the detailed scan must be done on week 21? If after that ok?

since last 2 checkups, my gynae started to measure the weight of the baby

I'm still able to take oily food though, today just had mcspicy.. So sinful >.< only spicy food can make my appetite better but not very good I think coz may lead to heartburn ba

I tried to take less spicy food nowadays.... cos i felt miserable when i vomit out. fried kway teow is considered oily food, right? hahaha, i still can take it....

Dontkniw isit chestpains, but it's below of your right breast
I don't feel any shortness of breath. The painess is pissing me off.. 1st trimester headaches occur almost everyday. Now 2nd trismeter pains at ribcage...... phew *

There r times whr i have to lay down awkwardly by a side.. to feel more comfy.. try to get a comfy positiin..
Yeah .. sure it is.. annoying..

I only experienced short of breath whenever I wake up.. I dunno why too.. I need to sit on the bed awhile den can start moving..

When I wake up, i try to get up from the side slowly. sit on the bed awhile before getting up.

The problem that i'm facing now is I already got swelling legs. My gynae advised me not to walk for too long and put legs up whenever resting..... any mummies encounter this problem already?

When I wake up, i try to get up from the side slowly. sit on the bed awhile before getting up.

The problem that i'm facing now is I already got swelling legs. My gynae advised me not to walk for too long and put legs up whenever resting..... any mummies encounter this problem already?

Sit 30 mins shd get up and walk ard..
if stand 30 mins also shd tk a break have a sit..

thats wad my gynae advise... swelling can be water retention.. or salty food intake ..

Hi all mummies! Went to gynae today! I'm at 22weeks3days! Half way through the pregnancy. Btw gynae told me, there these AMNIOTIC SHEETS ard my uterus. MAY CUT BABY SKIN BUt nothing much they can do. I asked if it's gonna be an big issue, He says that He seen many cases like me,but asked me not to worry. Any mummies heard of this or encounter this?

Sit 30 mins shd get up and walk ard..
if stand 30 mins also shd tk a break have a sit..

thats wad my gynae advise... swelling can be water retention.. or salty food intake ..

Yeah, my gynae said it's water retention.... cos check up last week and bp normal

I tried to take less spicy food nowadays.... cos i felt miserable when i vomit out. fried kway teow is considered oily food, right? hahaha, i still can take it....
Haha yeah but I preferred fried hokkien mee than fried kway teow xD another fav is fried carrot cake haha

Ya, ever since I started to feel breathless I try to get up at the side den sit for awhile.. I realized that when I'm lying on my back I also can't breathe well =X so I hv to sleep on my side..

Back