When to start looking for confinemt lady?

babibambi

Hi all,

I'm currently 5th week preggy and wonder when to start looking for confinement lady. Should we start now or is this too early? Start after 1st trimester will be more sensible?

any recommendations too, in Hougang/Buangkok area.

Thanks so much!

Hi,
I know a lot of people start after their 1st trimester, but again some of the good reliable ones might be taken up as well.
Recommend to start now;)

It doesn't matter where you stay, most of the CL are from Msia so they will just stay with you. You can start looking for one now.

i have a very good confinement nanny to recommend. .she is aunty jin hua from malaysia and she did my confinement during year 2013.she very good in handling baby and very experience on taking care of new born..my son was very difficult to handle because he's a colic baby and jin hua aunt still very good and very patient for the whole confinement period..her cooking was delicious and can manage to help me on my housework..i'm really appreciated what she had done for me so i decided to post here to those who need her service.i can said that she is very experience in bathing baby and even sing song to make my boy sleep.to those who need her service can call83752166 or0167472485..

ps:i posted here not for any comm..i feel thankful to have her with me during the period that i need help and just to share it here...

My EDD is in Feb 2015 and I started looking for a confinement lady/ confinement nanny in Oct last year. I would like to warn everyone NOT TO HIRE Chin Soo Choon who also goes by the name Irene Chin, Malaysian phone number +60 16469 3429, Singapore phone number +65 8506 7169. She is from Alor Star.

Here's a brief account of my very bad experience because I don't want any mother to have to go through what I just did.

Irene asked for a very exhorbitant amount of S$7,000 per month for her to come to HK to help us for 2 months over Chinese New Year. We agreed becuase (1) she came well recommended, (2) we were having twins, and she claimed to very experienced with multiples; and (3) she had to work over Chinese New Year.

However, she resigned after working for just 2 days after I came back from the hospital. Her "resignation letter" cited reasons such as the lack of a "starting work ang pow" and the fact that I hadn't paid her for the herbs she brought over to cook for me. This is despite the fact that I explained I wasn't aware of a "starting work ang pow" tradition (I only know of "perfomance angpows" which you give at the end of the period of service), she didn't tell me how much the herbs cost and I thought at some point I would have the chance to pay her since she was going to be with us for 2 months, and that I had paid her a 30% deposit in October 2014 to secure her services.

Withtout going into details as to her practices, I can also confirm that she is not as experienced as she claims she is and that she has no idea how to care for multiples. Long story short, she is unprofessional and no new mother should have to go through what I did with her.

I have a photo of the letter she wrote me and a photo of her and will gladly share my view on her if anyone needs to know more.

Hi

Popular confinement lady is quickly taken up.You can start to source for a reliable confinement lady now.

My EDD is in Feb 2015 and I started looking for a confinement lady/ confinement nanny in Oct last year. I would like to warn everyone NOT TO HIRE Chin Soo Choon who also goes by the name Irene Chin, Malaysian phone number +60 16469 3429, Singapore phone number +65 8506 7169. She is from Alor Star.

Here's a brief account of my very bad experience because I don't want any mother to have to go through what I just did.

Irene asked for a very exhorbitant amount of S$7,000 per month for her to come to HK to help us for 2 months over Chinese New Year. We agreed becuase (1) she came well recommended, (2) we were having twins, and she claimed to very experienced with multiples; and (3) she had to work over Chinese New Year.

However, she resigned after working for just 2 days after I came back from the hospital. Her "resignation letter" cited reasons such as the lack of a "starting work ang pow" and the fact that I hadn't paid her for the herbs she brought over to cook for me. This is despite the fact that I explained I wasn't aware of a "starting work ang pow" tradition (I only know of "perfomance angpows" which you give at the end of the period of service), she didn't tell me how much the herbs cost and I thought at some point I would have the chance to pay her since she was going to be with us for 2 months, and that I had paid her a 30% deposit in October 2014 to secure her services.

Withtout going into details as to her practices, I can also confirm that she is not as experienced as she claims she is and that she has no idea how to care for multiples. Long story short, she is unprofessional and no new mother should have to go through what I did with her.

I have a photo of the letter she wrote me and a photo of her and will gladly share my view on her if anyone needs to know more.
Hi Mummy,

Read your story, may I know are you friend of Kathy Ong who stay in HK too?
She did ask favour from me to recommend confinement nanny for her friend who having twin in HK, EDD in Feb 15. Are you the one?
But at the end I do not have any confinement to recommended, because the cl I knowing do not had experience taking care twin baby.
I do not want to keep the empty promise and deceive you. I am feel sorry for the incident happened to you.

Hi Mummy,

Read your story, may I know are you friend of Kathy Ong who stay in HK too?
She did ask favour from me to recommend confinement nanny for her friend who having twin in HK, EDD in Feb 15. Are you the one?
But at the end I do not have any confinement to recommended, because the cl I knowing do not had experience taking care twin baby.
I do not want to keep the empty promise and deceive you. I am feel sorry for the incident happened to you.

Hi there. Yes, I am Kathy's friend. I ended up using the same confinement nanny as her but my experience was the total opposite from Kathy's. It's good that you didn't recommend anyone who did not have experience with twins. In my view, it is far worse to have a confinement nanny who cannot cope with twins and quits on you than to not have one at all. I still cannot believe she wanted to quibble with me about money just 2 days after I was discharged from hospital even though she had my 30% deposit (which I am sure I will never see a cent of again). Very unprofessional!

Hi there. Yes, I am Kathy's friend. I ended up using the same confinement nanny as her but my experience was the total opposite from Kathy's. It's good that you didn't recommend anyone who did not have experience with twins. In my view, it is far worse to have a confinement nanny who cannot cope with twins and quits on you than to not have one at all. I still cannot believe she wanted to quibble with me about money just 2 days after I was discharged from hospital even though she had my 30% deposit (which I am sure I will never see a cent of again). Very unprofessional!
Hi.... nice to meet you here, so how are you handling now?
In my personal view, "angpao" is a token appreciated to the CL if they did a good job for you end of the day, is not compulsary at all, how much the angapo is depending how good is she in your appraisal.
I am not agreed there is such call "Starting work angpao". It's rediculars in my view that the cl have not starting do anythings yet, hence she wanted get the angpao from Mummy. dun't forget we paid her for what they supposed to do for us. it's not free man......:(, but i learnt from mummies told me, most of Malaysian nanny required starting angpao, if you did not give her, they do not performance well and show black face to you.

I think your cl is afraid can not handling twin baby, It's not easy, may be this is an excuses to run away from you.
I did ask my ex cl about taking twin for you, because i myself knowing her very well and she did a good job for me, but her frankling to me she is not confident to handling twin babies, event the paid might be very interesting. Somemore she have been booked for CNY period.

Back