IVF/ICSI Support Group

I will be starting my suppression jab next month.. My first IVF so quite worried. Not sure what to expect Haiz. I had bad allergy reaction last year when I did SO-IUI. This time will be worse with so many weeks of injection.
What allergy reaction did you encounter during so-iui? I suppose ur doc won't be giving you the same medication since you suffer an allergy right? There are several different types of stimulate for ivf, so don't worry and let your doc know what happened in your last so-iui cycle to prevent a repeat. Do also take lots of egg whites (3-4) a day to prevent OHSS and this can help with egg growth too. There are also some food intake recommended by some of the sisters here during tww in the earlier thread which you can take a look.. Dun be too stressed.. we have all been thru it before and can share the experience..jia you!

Ah I am worried about the weight gain. Does it start with the suppression ( lucrin) stage or stimulation stage? I am desperately trying to shed 4 kg before embarking on IVF.

Mine is more observable after the 2ww. The progesterone also can cause weight gain, so i do not know exactly who the main culprit is.

though we complain abt this, i think we must also be careful not to try drastic measures to lose weight during or just before the cycles. Even exercising too much will take a toll on our bodies, and it may affect the ivf outcome.

in fact I've stopped exercising once i started the injections cos during the last cycle i was advised by kkh nurse to do so. at the stimulation stage, our ovaries may twist during strenuous exercise or even housework.

Let's hope that our sacrifices will be all worth it :)

Wondering can Progynova be insert to V? I was told to insert by nurse but the prescription said oral ? Also I always forget to rest for 10 min after insert utrageston. Can Continue with coq10 n folic acid during 2 ww?

Kymkym,

Dr Sadhana advised that it's ok to take blackmores conceive well gold during 2ww, it has folic acid and some coq10, so i think these 2 sd be safe during 2ww,but I'm not sure what the safe amount of coq10 is during 2ww.

happy peanuts, gooiee n jumbo girl

so it is true tt ivf will have weight gain? i was weighing myself n have been seeing the weighing scale increase by the day~ i've prob gained like 1+ kg sine starting of stimulation n was wondering is it e food i eat..:eek:

Haiz.. my hard earned weight loss over e last 2 yrs shrinking away ah..
Actually not sure if it's the medicines. But in ivf most of the time u would be lying down in bed (after jabs or after er or et) and plus a lot less exercise and more good food. A normal person without medications would also put on weight in such circumstances I guess

Actually not sure if it's the medicines. But in ivf most of the time u would be lying down in bed (after jabs or after er or et) and plus a lot less exercise and more good food. A normal person without medications would also put on weight in such circumstances I guess

Ya I agree. N I think it's more of the good food we tend to take during this period

I am Actually up one size now Man. Scary!!

No matter what you become, your husband will understand and will never be bothered about any weight gain as long as he knows that it's because both of you are trying for the same goal. My wife has put on weight also and definitely with all these negatives it has put a strain but never once so I blame her even if she puts on weight and no baby. End of day he knows how hard it is for u as well

Gooiee, thanks, it's comforting to hear your points of view as a husband.

Sometimes I'm wary of sharing my ivf worries too much with hubby bcos i do not know if he can really empathise with the big and small obsessions over ivf. He does not talk much about his emotions of going thru the ivf journey, and he also seldom ask abt my feelings, though he is very supportive by accompanying me to the appts, giving me injections and cooking. I'm the type who like to talk about things, i like him expressing his support and concern with words. But I'm quite tired of being the one who usually initiate talks about details of ivf and abt feelings, so i find myself more inclined to keep things to myself now.

Sometimes I'm wary of sharing my ivf worries too much with hubby bcos i do not know if he can really empathise with the big and small obsessions over ivf. He does not talk much about his emotions of going thru the ivf journey, and he also seldom ask abt my feelings, though he is very supportive by accompanying me to the appts, giving me injections and cooking. I'm the type who like to talk about things, i like him expressing his support and concern with words. But I'm quite tired of being the one who usually initiate talks about details of ivf and abt feelings, so i find myself more inclined to keep things to myself now.
I'm just like your husband and any other husband I believe. Men do not express much as we believe that doing is better than talking. Fact that he goes with u to appt and gives u a jab means he is giving u his highest silent support. I also do not ask my wife too much even though I would like to because I don't want to give her too much hope or stress thinking that I really desperate too (that definitely doesn't help her in any way) so I have to present a bit concern abit nonchalant and end of day when it fails, I just can only say "it's ok, I never worried about baby making ever, I'm sure we will have ours someday" as opposed to showing her I'm devastated too.

Both wife and husband going through this ivf is tough but we just need to go on and on and on.

Hi all, hope to get some advice from ladies here. I ve done 2 cycles if so-iuu before. May I know if the procedures are more or less similar to ivf? Of cos I know ivf is more complicated. Just want to understand n convince myself to proceed to to ivf if our next round of so-iui fails. I hope ivf is not as scary as I may imagine. Tks!

I was reading through you ladies sharings....I know how it feels to be constantly asked abt conceiving & all tht crap. There's never an end to other's over-inquisitiveness. It's down right disgusting & frustrating & irritating.
I've been married for 4 years plus & ttc for that long. My hubby is ten years older than me & already has a child from a previous marriage. So naturally all the evil ppl of this world (his parents included!!) thought the problem was with me. So I underwent medications (clomid & metformin) Curz one gynae suspected I had PCOS. Tht same gynae tested hubby sperm & it had morphology issues. But we didn't tell his parents. So blame was still on me.
Den I switched gynaes & end up doing laparoscopic. Den changed gynae & was on folic acid & metformin.
So after 3 gynaes & no results, our marriage was on the rocks. My hubby wanted his son back so he stopped communicating with h me. Den we reconciled & went to our 4th gynae. He decided tht tests must be done for hubby also before we started IUI. And results came back his morphology still as bad. This time round I made him tell his parents because they were starting to blame me & kept on saying tht if they wanted to, they'll get their son to go back to his ex Curz she gave him a child. I got so fed up & asked him to make tht choice to tell them. After tht they shut up but not for long.

So with 4th gynae we did 2 rounds of iui & both failed. By this time my friends who got married 1-2 years AFTER me all conceived & gave birth, some to even 2 children. My SIL also suddenly had a second & third child after 6 years! It was the darkest moments of my life....
Till a year later we spoke to the 4th gynae & said we wanted to do ivf so he recommended his friend, Dr Roland.

First ivf cycle failed. After breaking down badly, it's this secondy cycle Thts BFP. But still in danger zone now...left another few more weeks to clear over to safe zone.
Throughout all this I won't say my hubby has been the most supportive. Neither were his parents. Even my parents at time were not understanding. And as for relatives & friends, forget about it. Relatives kept asking why no baby yet. Friends couldn't understand why I was so hung up on trying for a child. In short no one understood. I even lost my faith in my religion & it was distressing.

Slowly I rebuilt my faith & I persevered on by myself. I'm glad today tht I never backed down & didn't let the detractors affect me.
It's not an easy journey & for some it's been years. Don't give up hope & just persevere!!

Last edited:
I understand how u feel when I failed my fresh Cycle n went to see dr Sadhana for review the only thing she talk about is donor egg and said ivf not suitable for me. Her words were quite uncaring at that time and I was really upset about it. I was thinking U didn't even suggest other things to me. However now I think back maybe what she suggest is trying to open doors to other option just that her way of putting across is not tactful.

Yes dr Loh also encouraged me to try at public cos he said have govt grant don't waste it. There are many ladies who tried more than 3 times before they succeed so if financially n emotionally U can then try again. However give yourself a deadline and other options. Having a backup plan really help emotionally. Take care.
Mayb a male doctor is more tactful in expressing themselves...

Wondering can Progynova be insert to V? I was told to insert by nurse but the prescription said oral ? Also I always forget to rest for 10 min after insert utrageston. Can Continue with coq10 n folic acid during 2 ww?
Yup! Can insert. I hv tried..apparently it helps in better absorbing and bypass the gastric..minimsing side effects..

I was reading through you ladies sharings....I know how it feels to be constantly asked abt conceiving & all tht crap. There's never an end to other's over-inquisitiveness. It's down right disgusting & frustrating & irritating.
I've been married for 4 years plus & ttc for that long. My hubby is ten years older than me & already has a child from a previous marriage. So naturally all the evil ppl of this world (his parents included!!) thought the problem was with me. So I underwent medications (clomid & metformin) Curz one gynae suspected I had PCOS. Tht same gynae tested hubby sperm & it had morphology issues. But we didn't tell his parents. So blame was still on me.
Den I switched gynaes & end up doing laparoscopic. Den changed gynae & was on folic acid & metformin.
So after 3 gynaes & no results, our marriage was on the rocks. My hubby wanted his son back so he stopped communicating with h me. Den we reconciled & went to our 4th gynae. He decided tht tests must be done for hubby also before we started IUI. And results came back his morphology still as bad. This time round I made him tell his parents because they were starting to blame me & kept on saying tht if they wanted to, they'll get their son to go back to his ex Curz she gave him a child. I got so fed up & asked him to make tht choice to tell them. After tht they shut up but not for long.

So with 4th gynae we did 2 rounds of iui & both failed. By this time my friends who got married 1-2 years AFTER me all conceived & gave birth, some to even 2 children. My SIL also suddenly had a second & third child after 6 years! It was the darkest moments of my life....
Till a year later we spoke to the 4th gynae & said we wanted to do ivf so he recommended his friend, Dr Roland.

First ivf cycle failed. After breaking down badly, it's this secondy cycle Thts BFP. But still in danger zone now...left another few more weeks to clear over to safe zone.
Throughout all this I won't say my hubby has been the most supportive. Neither were his parents. Even my parents at time were not understanding. And as for relatives & friends, forget about it. Relatives kept asking why no baby yet. Friends couldn't understand why I was so hung up on trying for a child. In short no one understood. I even lost my faith in my religion & it was distressing.

Slowly I rebuilt my faith & I persevered on by myself. I'm glad today tht I never backed down & didn't let the detractors affect me.
It's not an easy journey & for some it's been years. Don't give up hope & just persevere!!
Idazahs, u been through a lot. Hugs. I think sometimes we gals are power as only we know how tough this journey is. Others is best to stay silent else they dunno it will give us unnessary stress with their salt and peppers.

Yr 1st ivf was it with roland?

Idazahs, u are 1 strong lady. Big hugs to you. hope you have a smooth pregnancy and a healthy and cute baby! This ttc journey is never easy for any couple. For your hubby to also admit to his parents that he has issue with conceiving is also a very brave move. As men see conceiving as their manhood and pride. Like gooiee said b4, most men are not good at expressing themselves and appearing nonchalant or Bochup does not necessary mean they don't care.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

Hugs babe. U have really been through a lot especially when everyone blames u and u have to tolerate all these.

Your story is surely an inspiration for all. Hope u have a Safe pregnancy k

Mine is more observable after the 2ww. The progesterone also can cause weight gain, so i do not know exactly who the main culprit is.

though we complain abt this, i think we must also be careful not to try drastic measures to lose weight during or just before the cycles. Even exercising too much will take a toll on our bodies, and it may affect the ivf outcome.

in fact I've stopped exercising once i started the injections cos during the last cycle i was advised by kkh nurse to do so. at the stimulation stage, our ovaries may twist during strenuous exercise or even housework.

Let's hope that our sacrifices will be all worth it :)
happypeanuts, omg.. ovaries twisting sound scary!! i still thinking to maybe do light exercise~

Thks. Hmmm do we need to do lot of bed rest ? I noticed that I keep forget and keep sitting up right or walking to do my errand.

Idazahs, u been through a lot. Hugs. I think sometimes we gals are power as only we know how tough this journey is. Others is best to stay silent else they dunno it will give us unnessary stress with their salt and peppers.

Yr 1st ivf was it with roland?

Thank u :)
Actually I know women around me with equally motivating stories but they are reluctant to share. I shared because I think no one can motivate us except those who went through this before.

Yeap first ivf cycle with dr Roland. I would recommend him because when we brought all our reports to him first thing he said was tht there's nothing wrong with my hubby's sperm. He said it's fine even for conception via naturally & my case he said nothing wrong. He gave us hope...

Thank u :)
Actually I know women around me with equally motivating stories but they are reluctant to share. I shared because I think no one can motivate us except those who went through this before.

Yeap first ivf cycle with dr Roland. I would recommend him because when we brought all our reports to him first thing he said was tht there's nothing wrong with my hubby's sperm. He said it's fine even for conception via naturally & my case he said nothing wrong. He gave us hope...
Thank you! I am actualli thinking abt fallback plans for my 2nd fresh if e 2nd fresh at kkh cannot make it.

I did tot abt roland.As we still have frozen sa at sincere clinic with prof ng which kkh don allow us to port over. But was pulled back by e steep cost as i already spend some money for 1st fresh at private.

See how it goes first . May i know how much u spent with roland for e 1st fresh try n 2nd try?

I hope u have a smooth pregnancy ahead n e irritating uti goes off soon!

Last edited:
Thank you! I am actualli thinking abt fallback plans for my 2nd fresh if e 2nd fresh at kkh cannot make it.

I did tot abt roland.As we still have frozen sa at sincere clinic with prof ng which kkh don allow us to port over. But was pulled back by e steep cost as i already spend some money for 1st fresh at private.

See how it goes first . May i know how much u spent with roland for e 1st fresh try n 2nd try?

Connie, fet is way cheaper than fresh ivf. I paid abt 2.5 k I think. Get your snow babies back into your warm womb. :)

Oh. I just took a nap. N had a dream about one of the ivfers in this forum became my colleague n went to pee on a stick n told me it's a bfp!!

Then I got excited n quickly went to buy hpt too in my dream n rushed to the toilet. On the way bumped into another colleague n he was telling me his wife also pregnant. Then when I was abt to test in my dream I woke up.

N I woke up feeling AF cramps. Ahhhh!!!

I just went to buy hpt . Super tempted to test.today I'm 11dp2dt. I'm thinking to use first morning urine n test tomorrow. Do u all think the results will be more and less accurate tomorrow.?

Both my cycles with him are FET. This doctor's usual style is FET & he rarely does fresh cycle, based on what the embryologist told me.
First FET I spent abt over $12k I think, inclusive ER & storage of frozen embryos. I can't recall total amount but it was around there.

He is expensive :eek:but I decided I'm ok with his style so I went ahead. It's hard on our pockets too!...

Thx! Yea I'm worried abt the UTI & the blood in my discharge. Sigh...so stress

Actually if I'm pregnant, by right now should show on pregnancy kit alrdy
Sigh

Hang in there...if ur 11dp2dt den not yet...
Technically u still have about 3 more days. Don't test again till BT.
Good luck!

I also had cramps & all kinds of feelings. Only thing my body was warm all day & night which apparently is sign of BFP for some ppl also. And monitor ur heart beat also. U won't feel difference till 1-2 days before BT.

Actually if I'm pregnant, by right now should show on pregnancy kit alrdy
Sigh
Ttc77 as u know my story, I have gone through the whole internet on our bfn so far and the glimmer of hope is that apparently there are a lot a lot a lot of women who never test positive in hpt even until after their beta. Let us both be part of that and tell our stories one day

Let's both wish for some miracle

Hang in there...if ur 11dp2dt den not yet...
Technically u still have about 3 more days. Don't test again till BT.
Good luck!

I also had cramps & all kinds of feelings. Only thing my body was warm all day & night which apparently is sign of BFP for some ppl also. And monitor ur heart beat also. U won't feel difference till 1-2 days before BT.

Oh dear.this time throughout the cycle,my whole body keep feeling very cold.

Both my cycles with him are FET. This doctor's usual style is FET & he rarely does fresh cycle, based on what the embryologist told me.
First FET I spent abt over $12k I think, inclusive ER & storage of frozen embryos. I can't recall total amount but it was around there.

He is expensive :eek:but I decided I'm ok with his style so I went ahead. It's hard on our pockets too!...

Thx! Yea I'm worried abt the UTI & the blood in my discharge. Sigh...so stress
Thanks idazahs for e info. :)

Hello ladies, it's been a month since I log in.. Haha trying to catchup with all your postings :)
Ttc77 don't give up hope, as long as you don't spot red, there is a chance as both the symptoms are similar.

Thank u girls. I cried a bit just now and am actually feeling much better now. No matter what the results will be, I will be strong and preserve.

I'm thinking of changing doctor if this cycle fail.my Dr is Dr Loh n I know many sisters bfp under him But feel he is quite unprofessional in many areas and also very impatient.

This cycle,I caught him using his hp while doing ET for me. I think he was waiting for the embryologist to deliver the embryos, But still...
I asked him Why were u on the phone n he says he wanna call his maid to ask the maid to not cook dinner for him. I was like wth.

Then when I was doing Intralipid drip. Dr marianne adjusted to a slower pace for me Cos previously the face was too fast and I was in pain n my hands turned red n veins were visible. Then Dr loh suddenly came in n never ask anything and turned full speed.Walau.I was really crying in pain.and haven't drip finished he told the nurse to remove for me.Cos they all wanna close the clinic already. I was like I already paid the full amount n they don't Let me drip finish

So though he had good reputation of creating many bfp for many sisters here, But I think I have many bad experiences with him as he is very impatient. I prefer to have a Dr That's more patient.sisters, any recommendations in case I need

Hi all, hope to get some advice from ladies here. I ve done 2 cycles if so-iuu before. May I know if the procedures are more or less similar to ivf? Of cos I know ivf is more complicated. Just want to understand n convince myself to proceed to to ivf if our next round of so-iui fails. I hope ivf is not as scary as I may imagine. Tks!
Hi dragon gal,
I'm doing first ivf. Let me share, from what I know, there's 2 protocol to ivf, short n long, the doc will decide for u. Im with KKIVF , On first day of menses, call KKIVF. Then do scan on day 2 or 3 of menses to make sure all is well to start ivf. Then u be ask to purchased injected medications by doc instructions, around 8 days of injections, Then go back for few more scan, if ur egg r ready, then trigger shot. Then egg retrieval , u be put under sedation. After will b egg transfer if there is fertilization take place. Then the 2ww starts!

Hi ttc77, sorry to hear abt your bad experience. It is important to have a good relationship with the ivf doc. You need to trust him to do the right thing for you. Why don't you consult more than 1 gynae and have a feel what it is like. You might not like my gynae though I can't recommend him enough. Raffles hospital have good ivf clinic. I did mine at sincere. You might want to ask abt the experience of the embryologist as well. The lab is where the 'magic' happens. All the best sweetie.

Hi dragon gal, I've been thru so-iui before too. I found the procedure is almost the same as ivf, only difference in ivf there's the egg retrieval. during ER you'll be sedated so no real pain, maybe some stomach cramps thereafter...

The scans are the same as so-iui, injections are similar except the higher dose and extra jabs to stop the eggs from releasing before ER day... You still have the same trigger jab... The ET procedure is somewhat similar to IUI too... Instead of transferring washed sperm, they'll transfer the embryos.

Main difference maybe is the hospitalization leave. With IUI they don't give hosp leave & you can be back to work next day. I had major cramps after my IUI but with ivf found the cramps to be milder.

Hi @HappyPeanuts , heard of the 5 languages of love? Sounds like your husband's preferred language is service, through accompanying you to appointments, injections and cooking! WOW! While your preferred language is expression of thoughts. IVF is an emo road and you'll need his support more than anything else. He could be lost for words too on where to start discussing all his emotions of anxiety, uncertainty and "xin-tong" for you. Talking's perhaps not his inclined way of expressing love. Keep the conversation going so that you won't drift apart on this tough road that is IVF.

PS. Your hubby's expression of love really goes beyond what the usual guy does. I "give chance" to my husband and always attend the pre-ER appointments myself. He's there only ER and after... I told him that he has zero contributions at the pre-ER appointments :p

AF is back 6+ weeks after the m/c at 12 weeks! This means that I can start planning for FET 2 months later, provided that the next 2 cycles are of usual duration and usual flow (as Dr instructed). Never thought I'll be so happy to see my AF back with all the full glory of PMS and cramps. @@

Back