(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hey all. I took the glucose test at my 25th week. As my dad has diabetes, my gynae ordered one for me just for peace of mind. At kkh, it's not a concentrated orangey drink but a room-temp cup of sugar water. Not concentrated but not very diluted also. Didn't have a problem chugging down 3/4 of the cup. The last 1/4... was a challenge. So I cheated and put in tissue to absorb the rest hahahaha. Childish, I know. So anyway, everything's a-ok! Except that she's still concerned about my low placenta. I don't know what can be done to move the placenta up though....
Me also low placenta, doctor said take more rest and don't walk/stand/sit for too long. Meaning I better rest on bed most of the time.

The other day I had craving for mee goreng but forgot to say non-spicy..turns out to be really spicy! I was really hungry and ate it anyway, and had root beer to curb the spiciness. Oh my...the combi made my bb boy kick furiously for the 1st time lol

Since then, I've been eating mild stuff and he's not "protesting" like that time. but it was really funny to see him react like that! Lol
I am having a baby gal, I am craving for spicy food. Everyday want to eat Tom yam soup. I eat spicy food, I drink cold drinks, but she seldom kick me leh.... Why ah...

My glucose test is on 26th Feb. but I blur enough to fast on 25th Jan and went to hospital in 26th Feb 8am! Nurse told me no appointment for me, I said how come? She said because u came one month early!
;)

Hehehhehhee..... come so early somemore! u made the nurse's day lah that day. Hehehhehhee

Hi mummies!!

Just a quick qn...any of u experiencing itching on your tummy?? My tummy is itching so bad that i scratch till my skin is so red and looks like a bit of rash!!! Its not all the time..but when it starts to itch, i will scratch it non stop...

Tried applying cream and changing my body soap...it helps a little bit..anyone knows the reason?

Dun scratch..it'll leave marks...now u cant really c it, but after delivery it be very obvious... Maybe the soap or lotion u use not suitable...? During preg our skin condition may change also due to hormone blah blah...or what de... I had bad rash but it took 2 weeks to go off... Remember dun scratch!!!!!!

Hi mummies!!

Just a quick qn...any of u experiencing itching on your tummy?? My tummy is itching so bad that i scratch till my skin is so red and looks like a bit of rash!!! Its not all the time..but when it starts to itch, i will scratch it non stop...

Tried applying cream and changing my body soap...it helps a little bit..anyone knows the reason?
Use strecth mark oil or cream will help. Also happen to me super itchy n sore. I think thats bcoz the skin is stretched to give space for bb. Wat i heard dun scratch as it will leave very ugly marks after give birth..

Dun scratch..it'll leave marks...now u cant really c it, but after delivery it be very obvious... Maybe the soap or lotion u use not suitable...? During preg our skin condition may change also due to hormone blah blah...or what de... I had bad rash but it took 2 weeks to go off... Remember dun scratch!!!!!!

Wah 3.47am awake already?

Haha..was not asleep yet...n now awake alrdy coz got things to do...i know will leave marks but....cannot help it!!! Hehehe...so itchy....i think will tell the gynae when i have my visit next week...hopefully it goes away soon..

Haha..was not asleep yet...n now awake alrdy coz got things to do...i know will leave marks but....cannot help it!!! Hehehe...so itchy....i think will tell the gynae when i have my visit next week...hopefully it goes away soon..

which cream are u using? I read from jan forum that cetaphil cream n wash is good. Maybe now skin is more sensitive since going through expansion... i use palmers cocoa butter n crabtree jojoba lotion, so far ok. But clarins tonic oil give me strange feeling like contractions which I'm too scared to use liao

I am having a baby gal, I am craving for spicy food. Everyday want to eat Tom yam soup. I eat spicy food, I drink cold drinks, but she seldom kick me leh.... Why ah...

I feel like having tom yam soup!!!!! Maybe your bb used to the taste liao hehe

mine was a one off incident, now he kicks after meals mostly. This morning i sang n he kicks a bit, hubby says he buay tahan my singing maybe haha!

Hi mummies!!

dun scratch ya. It will heal ugly if u break skin. Perhaps you should consult a dr. Check if its rashes. my limbs also feel itchy and I thought it's just eczema acting up but it is getting worse after a week so I buay tahan and go see dr. In the end it's hives.
Cetaphil is good. It is non drying and gentle on skin. Watsons is having offer. QV is also good too. Choose those brands that is hypoallergenic.

dun scratch ya. It will heal ugly if u break skin. Perhaps you should consult a dr. Check if its rashes. my limbs also feel itchy and I thought it's just eczema acting up but it is getting worse after a week so I buay tahan and go see dr. In the end it's hives.
Cetaphil is good. It is non drying and gentle on skin. Watsons is having offer. QV is also good too. Choose those brands that is hypoallergenic.
Kinda worried too..but it is an on off thingy...will check with gynae during next week visit...thanks mummies for the advice :)

Wonder how much weight have you all put on so far? I'm 23 weeks n already put on 5kg...dunno if it's too much?
I start with 43kg. ytd measure at 47kg. currently at 24 weeks. I feel that it's okay as long as baby is healthy. I asked a couple of friends who gave birth recently. their weight gain ranged from 9kg to 16kg. Also depends on your BMI. also that in last trimester, will probably gain a kg a week. So agar agar gauge. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a554810/weight-gain-in-pregnancy

Wonder how much weight have you all put on so far? I'm 23 weeks n already put on 5kg...dunno if it's too much?
I am at 24 weeks now and im sure i have gained more than 5kg...lol

First 3mths i didnt gain much probably abt 400g only...but my last visit at 20weeks....i gained 4kg!!!

It was so sudden...n gynae advise me to try not to gain more than 2kg per mth frm now on..but like so hard lei...

@sunstarmoon so slim at 43kg!! Are u petite or tall? Wah 1kg per week :eek:

@bhiphop29 i know! Actually i don't feel like i ate a lot, like usual amount. But i will feel hungry before sleeping, if i don't eat anything i will definitely wake up in middle of the night n stomach growl so i will eat 1/4 to 1/2 of wholemeal bread.

No la @blythylively . I last measured at 46kg at week 20 scan. So I only gain a kg a month since week 20. Not tall leh. Standing at 158cm. So my bump is still quite small. on mrt ppl sometimes dun give up seats for me. belly hide too well.

:confused: I gained 10kg from pre preg to 54kg when i went to check at week 26.. Think by time i deliver shld hit 60kg, hopefully can control the cravings....!

So far I gained abt 7kg at 30w+6. During the first trimester, lost abt 3kg tho.
This whole week however, appetite is a lil haywire. Will be hungry but whenever I see food, like got no feel at all. In the end, eat bread or make milo with nestum.

43kg?! The last time I was that weight when I was in sec 1 which is more than 20yrs ago. Hehehhe....

So far I gained abt 7kg at 30w+6. During the first trimester, lost abt 3kg tho.
This whole week however, appetite is a lil haywire. Will be hungry but whenever I see food, like got no feel at all. In the end, eat bread or make milo with nestum.

43kg?! The last time I was that weight when I was in sec 1 which is more than 20yrs ago. Hehehhe....

haha me too! Think I was at 45kg in sec sch only.

is it like ms nauseous this week?

Very similar to my condition when I have MS in the earlier months. I hated rice to the max and avoided them for 4 months. Try noodles?

So far been eating bee hoon only
Come back home, MIL cooked bee hoon. Went my mom's place, mom cooked bee hoon. Went wedding on Sunday, also got bee hoon. Become bee hoon face alrdy. Hehehe.... at least get to eat something lah.

Another thing is, eat not so much also, go toilet many times. I can do big business for at least 3 times a day. Shld I be worrying?
Anyone also like this?
I heard of pregnant mummies having constipation, but never have to do big business so many times leh.

Hi mummies!!

@bhiphob29, yeah... you better mentioned that with your gynae. I also experience that before, then gynae said maybe the stretch mark oil that I use is not suitable, so advise me to stop. Then he give me non-steroidal cream. He told me that it is hormonal changing during pregnancy. Some mummies even have red rashes all over the body, including legs, etc. My itching still come on and off, just try not too scratch.

Around when will baby's head starts to turn down? Have been feeling movement all over the places. Just curious.
@sunstarmoon, my gynae said would be around week 34-35 should be turn down already, otherwise he may interfere to make my baby turn down le. lols.... I am doing half bridge pose everyday, to make my baby turn around. Dunno if it is effective. lols.....

Around when will baby's head starts to turn down? Have been feeling movement all over the places. Just curious.
I am 25week, baby doesn't move much, only can feel she scratch from inside a little bit. Once or twice a day. Maybe I am too fat, the tummy far too thick, can't feel much movement, hehehehe....

I am 25week, baby doesn't move much, only can feel she scratch from inside a little bit. Once or twice a day. Maybe I am too fat, the tummy far too thick, can't feel much movement, hehehehe....

Hello Beautiful mummies,

Hope all of u are in the pink of health and cruising through this beautiful journey:)
This is my first time here & my EDD is Mid May 2015.
Am consulting Dr Loke Kah Leong from Simgapore Women's Clinic (Tampines).

How are all of u doing today?

I've put on 1kg but I was originally on the chubby side pre pregnancy (50+kg). So i shouldn't be gaining so much too.
At week 24-25 now. Hope baby is gaining weight!

I tink i gained like 4kg so far. Tmr gynae checkup so will see how big bb is. Generally bmi lower pre preg, tend to gain more weight. I gained 16kg last time! The last tri really really ballooned :( trying to control more on wat i eat, just as well cos my appetite not as good this time round.

I forgot to apply stretchmark cream on my butt for past few months and got stretchmarks already!! Booohooo!! (altho who will see my buttcheeks right lololol) So ladies pls apply diligently to avoid looking like a watermelon.

Complexion really changes due to hormones. Ultra dry now everywhere incl face even tho I dun on aircon at nite. Weird cos i previously have oily skin, end up now hv to moisturize moisturize moisturize. Makeup become very difficult :(

What have you ladies bought so far for the bb? Other than a chest of drawers for additional bb clothes storage I haven bought anything else hahaha…

I tink i gained like 4kg so far. Tmr gynae checkup so will see how big bb is. Generally bmi lower pre preg, tend to gain more weight. I gained 16kg last time! The last tri really really ballooned :( trying to control more on wat i eat, just as well cos my appetite not as good this time round.

I forgot to apply stretchmark cream on my butt for past few months and got stretchmarks already!! Booohooo!! (altho who will see my buttcheeks right lololol) So ladies pls apply diligently to avoid looking like a watermelon.

I also quite worried last trimester i will balloon! How fast is the ballooning? 1kg per week?

There was a period of thime, my bb did not move/kick at all for 3 days!!:) My gynae was soo relaxed...still can say, so long as no bleeding, no pains...no need to worry... but thankfully after that it has been salsa lessons in my belly la...haha! maybe it normal la. but for 1st ime mum can be soo nerve wrecking.

I also quite worried last trimester i will balloon! How fast is the ballooning? 1kg per week?

I cannot remember how fast is the ballooning, just dat most of my weight gain was in the third tri. Sadly, I never lost all of my weight gain. Maybe subconsciously hoping for a #2 so why bother losing all the weight only to gain it back hahaha. Ahhh the beauty of excuses.....

Btw the most I heard was a fren's wife gaining 30kg :eek:

Hello Beautiful mummies,

Hope all of u are in the pink of health and cruising through this beautiful journey:)
This is my first time here & my EDD is Mid May 2015.
Am consulting Dr Loke Kah Leong from Simgapore Women's Clinic (Tampines).

How are all of u doing today?

Hi Sheran, welcome here :) My EDD is 21 May, so slightly later than yours. Are you having a boy or girl?

EDD 27 May. How about you? Is your gone from Mt A too? Mine is Dr HK Ho.

Hello Happy08, hae u gone for the maternity tour at Mt A?
I have been to the maternity tour at Mount E, Novena, will skip tat hospital.Too new and the nurse happen to immediatly recommend the Junior suite, instead of the rooms.
Now am confused between Mt A & Thomson medical..
any advise pls?

@mylilsheep half bridge pose..wah. Yoga master. I saw a lot of pregnancy yoga on YouTube but never try any. Haha.

@bbtessa my tummy skin feels tight too. it feel rock hard upon touching especially after meal.

@happycsk my friend said she balloon 1kg per week in the last trimester.

@cynn04 30kg!!! Gt go back to pre pregnancy wt? Women really sacrifice a lot for baby.

@Sheran welcome to the may baby club. I'm having a girl too. Edd 24 may. first time mum too. The date look so far yet so near now. the thought of going thru labour still terrifies me.

Any idea if can exceed the number of stretch mark oil application a day? The bio oil bottle indicate 3 times a day. But my tummy feel so solid that I feel the skin will crack.

Hello Cynn04:), im expecting a lil doll:)). how abt u?

I'm having a boy :) Does your gynae deliver at both TMC and Mt A? I delivered my #1 at TMC, took a 2-bedder but had the room to myself. Okay I supposed? Nurses were more busy, took awhile to respond to me. Went to visit frens at Mt A before, seems cosier and the nurses more attentive. Just a feel only, you might wanna go for both hospital tours if have the time.

Just a sharing on my stay at TMC (2011 & 2013) I tried 2bedded, single bed and deluxe single at Tmc.. I must say the better the 'price' the better n more attention given..

2bedded- i asked for milo from 1am, did not come till i was push to delivery room. Den i requested for bread and milo again!

1 bedded - crowded during visiting hours as there are more rooms, nurses try their best to respond but couple of times they forget to bring in bb (cos bb was slping n relatives wann to see). Only brought bb when she cried for milk.

Deluxe single- much quieter, or maybe cos i gotten the last room at end of row... Nurses seems more friendly ...

Overall, i think its the confinement food at the hospital that is tasty.. Haha. Cant expect much from the nurses esp this year is baby booming year, so i hope the hospital bill dun balloon so much... I will still take single bed unless last min got complications or what den i will downgrade lor.

Back