(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Thanks! Yea I liked the page already but was not aware that they had another fair coming up.

We're using a cot, btw. Got it at the fair before my #1 was born. We'll be reusing it for sure. We got one that can be adjusted to quite low so she hasn't fallen out yet. The cot is in our room at the moment. We put her there for naps and bedtime but when she wakes at night to nurse, i move her to our bed and she can have her "buffet" while I continue to sleep. So, it's good so far but we'll transition to toddler bed soon cos #2 will need the cot.. For #2, we may put the cot in the nursery and have baby sleep there. Hopefully we get a good sleeper, otherwise, plan B is to put the cot back in our room. Like @Vermont mentioned, it's your own sleeping plan and preference.

Strollers wise, we're got a heavier one. Lightweight ones didn't work for us but it's definitely more convenient if you take public transport. However, we hardly use the stroller cos my girl is a bit "high needs", so i have a few carriers and slings and a hipseat.

Just curious what sort of toddler bed are you planning to get? Where from?

So far, I only know ikea has. Contemplating to get the extendable kind.

I'm glad I didn't get a convertible cot back then (converts to toddler bed) cos the length and width is too small for toddlers, quite a waste of money.

So far my girl KO within 10-15 mins of going to bed and doesn't wait up in the middle of the night, so I'm hoping she will transition well to her own bedroom. It'll be a good time to redeploy the baby monitor again lol... we have decided to not let the maid sleep with her too.

Baby will sleep in the master bedroom with hubby and I but I plan to wean baby off night feeds starting from 3 months, just like what we did with my my girl. But they say every child is different, so really gotta pray hard.

In fact can get 2nd hands for many baby items. Steriliser and breast pump too :) Breastpump just need to change some of the parts.

For my girl, she's been sleeping in the cot since birth, 2.5 yo now and hasn't fallen outta the cot before. Because u the cot base can be lowered as they grow older so they are not able to climb out. Plus don't have big pillows in the cot for them to use as stepping stones for climbing out.

1 benefit I've experienced fr using baby cot is that, I don't have to bend down that far to change her diapers or when tending to her. Cos the cot base is high, higher than our master bed. Many mummies seems to experience lower back pain after childbirth and it's great when bending is kept to a minimum. Then when baby is older, eg 8 months, can lower the cot base by 1-2 level, by then, the lower back pain should be gone, if any.

For using mattress, babies will start to roll around by 6 months or so, I'm not sure how to prevent them from falling off the mattress onto the floor/mat. No doubt the fall distance is very little but still I'm not sure if it's ok. Maybe mummies can shed some light on this.

I think some mummies will co-sleep with their babies...like both mummy and baby sleeping on mattress on the floor. Then perhaps the mattress option is viable.

But co-sleeping does have it's pros and cons.

I also see some friends moving their kids from cot to mattress at about age 2, I think they pad the mattress surroundings with pillows.

I will be skipping this mattress stage as I intend to shift my girl to a child bed (with bed rails) very soon. But I know from experience, some parents don't trust child bed cos their kids are very active and will potentially fall off the bed a lot. So far, my girl quite guai, she doesn't jump off the sofa, etc (phew...).

Thus there are definitely many sleeping arrangements to explore and don't be surprised if we keep getting it wrong lol... kids, they can really test our patience and resourcefulness :)

Haha... in that case im not a sahm. After ML will go back to work. Quite true that steriliser and breastpump can get it at 2nd hand but tot of hygiene esp breastpump jiu abit have to reconsider, cuz if its from friend jiu can accept but if from stranger online... :eek: I probably will go do a price survey at department stores etc VS bb fair promo price VS 2nd hand price online. I think I saw like bundle bag including of breastpump, bottles, nipple pad selling in metro. Like a whole set promo. Will check out price too. :)

Hi all, I have been following this thread for almost a mth.. I m in 11weeks edd 22Aug , my 2nd baby.

Intend to join after 1st trim but reading conybrown post made me worry.. I have a shock this Tuesday too when I wake up n pee, clots of blood came out. This nv happen to me before, we rush to Kkh A&E. After scan doc say bb ok got heartbeat.. Did not ask me to bed rest or wat. For the past 2 days, every time I poo, clot of blood will flow out..
and today become brownish, like end of menses.. Any one face this problem before.Is it normal. Should I go back to KKH again?

Seriously after spending time at kkh for my wife's issue, i feel that thats really nothing much the doc can do if you bleed a lot at this point of time, maybe a jab. If is brown blood and not the period second day amount should be fine. My wife is still having brown discharges for the past few days until now. Can only watch and see and wait till gynae appt on monday. But her ms is very bad, even in the middle of the night, keep waking up with gastric pain and sometimes to vomit.

Hi mummies, as you know cny is coming. I want to colour my hair but i wonder whether it will be harmful for baby. Any advice?

I asked my gynae the same question, he said ok coz we also not doing it often. I dunno why, I am not quite convinced leh. haha
But I want to do rebonding, mummies here have any views?

Think I will skip doing anything to my hair. I am more wary of the smells that we will be exposed to at the hair salon during this busy period.

Do you ladies know when it is ok to stop folic acid? I forgot to ask my Gynae, so I called the nurse to ask. She said I can stop since I started the multi-vit, which contains folic acid too. Really?

hihi,
now he is in his terrible two stage. sometimes quite hard to manage and so tiring. yours is a dragon baby too? how is it?:)

Same here, quite a handful. She's like a change person the moment she turned 2, a lot of nightmares for us then :( But she's much beta now after we started quiet corner, reasoning with her, listening to her, giving her more responsibilities, preparing her in advance for situations, giving her more attentions, etc. Most importantly we kept ourselves calm and as such her tantrums were also greatly reduced and shortened. Hubby started taking over recently cos of my ms, so we have been comparing notes a lot and so far quite lucky she hasn't regressed cos hubby hasn't been as hands on in the past. Hope will stay this way for long long long, fingers crossed :)

These days, I will keep motivating hubby to be up to the 'job' cos when no.2 comes, almost all my attentions will be on no.2. Fortunately he has now taken over all her chores competently, except food preparations. His next challenge will be the positive discipline part as he is still trying to figure out what buttons to push and what not. I hope he can figure her in and out before no.2 comes so will be easier to handle when/ if she should regress with no.2's arrival.

My girl, she's quite a good child, so I'm praying hard the good days we are seeing now will continue on and on and on lol... though I know it's not possible lol... not looking forward to her next thunderous phase.

How about yours? What's your biggest challenge with him now?

@Vermont there's a nice shop at United Square that sells kiddy beds and furniture. We'll be taking a look there after CNY. Otherwise, ikea is a good affordable option. Another option is to get a futon. We were just at my aunt's and my cousin's got a futon. Little one loved it.. You're so lucky that your girl is a good sleeper! My girl is terrible! She hates sleeping. Like me. Hahaha. Hope #2 is more like daddy and sleep lots.

I did my hair while preggers and also while bfing. I was told that its ok cos the amount that is absorbed is negligible. Also, your body will metabolise it. The smell, however, was a uncomfortable for me during pregnancy cos maybe a bit more sensitive to smells.. It's individual preference, i think. If you're not ok with it, then best to avoid.

Hi mummies, as you know cny is coming. I want to colour my hair but i wonder whether it will be harmful for baby. Any advice?

For me, I will nt do any chemical treatment on my hair as my mil very "pantang". Cuz old ppl believe that whatever we do will affect bb. So I play safe, I nv dye nor rebond my hair. Also becuz of the chemical smell, i have a feeling that it will be harmful to bb. It depends on individual. Try to do more research and feedbacks from others :)

Hi all MTBs, do u all have experience facing difficulty in sleeping? Since last week, I have alot of difficulties to turn in at night, flip n toss till middle of the night to get a comfortable position. My tummy always feel uncomfortable in certain position I sleep, eg. Cramp, tired etc. Anything that can help to slp better? I slept at 3am last night even thou im very sleepy n tired, its was terrible.

Hi all MTBs, do u all have experience facing difficulty in sleeping? Since last week, I have alot of difficulties to turn in at night, flip n toss till middle of the night to get a comfortable position. My tummy always feel uncomfortable in certain position I sleep, eg. Cramp, tired etc. Anything that can help to slp better? I slept at 3am last night even thou im very sleepy n tired, its was terrible.
I sleep poorly too but partly cos i am a light sleeper. Maybr u can get another bolster or pillow to support ur back? It helps me sometimes. If really cannot fall asleep maybe get up and read a bit instead of tossing and turning.

Same here, quite a handful. She's like a change person the moment she turned 2, a lot of nightmares for us then :( But she's much beta now after we started quiet corner, reasoning with her, listening to her, giving her more responsibilities, preparing her in advance for situations, giving her more attentions, etc. Most importantly we kept ourselves calm and as such her tantrums were also greatly reduced and shortened. Hubby started taking over recently cos of my ms, so we have been comparing notes a lot and so far quite lucky she hasn't regressed cos hubby hasn't been as hands on in the past. Hope will stay this way for long long long, fingers crossed :)

These days, I will keep motivating hubby to be up to the 'job' cos when no.2 comes, almost all my attentions will be on no.2. Fortunately he has now taken over all her chores competently, except food preparations. His next challenge will be the positive discipline part as he is still trying to figure out what buttons to push and what not. I hope he can figure her in and out before no.2 comes so will be easier to handle when/ if she should regress with no.2's arrival.

My girl, she's quite a good child, so I'm praying hard the good days we are seeing now will continue on and on and on lol... though I know it's not possible lol... not looking forward to her next thunderous phase.

Like Vermont, I am big on positive discipline too! Find that it really helps in shaping desired behaviors. There is a good series of books by jane nelson on positive discipline.

Something to share with mummies. Not sure if u have experienced the same. Another thing i realise is how much my mood affects my boy. Yesterday at lunch i waited 45 min for my food and was so hungry so i got angry. When my boy sensed my angry vibes he started to get whiny. When i calmed down and spoke to him nicely he became alright. Makes me really think twice about losing my cool in front of him even though he is not my intended audience.

I sleep poorly too but partly cos i am a light sleeper. Maybr u can get another bolster or pillow to support ur back? It helps me sometimes. If really cannot fall asleep maybe get up and read a bit instead of tossing and turning.

Sighh... this crazy sleeplessness is part of the glorious preggy package deal...

For me I can fall asleep very fast but when I wake up at 1-2am to pee, that's when I'll have difficulty going back to sleep again. Will usually toss and turn up to 1 hour.

For my last pregnancy, what I do before bedtime is, I'll read. Read pregnancy books and also the right brain ones - Glenn Doman and Shichida. Shichida wrote a book about prenatal education, this really helped me greatly to connect with the baby inside of me, and it's very calming, helped puts things into a different perspective, very eye-opening.

Music is another great companion. I love fm 96.3, it's a foreign channel, daytime featuring Jap, French, German etc news and songs. I only tune in at night, 10pm onwards, they play nice soothing instrumental music. I hope they still do that now.

These days, I need NO sleep antidote, simply too exhausted by my girl's endless energy, so I'll hit the sack and KO immediately lol...

There's also this very popular app now, called Spotify. Has great songs and music in there...lotsa nice cover versions, beautiful acoustics. They have very good classical music mix too, my girl loves it when we play through Spotify, soft rock, acoustics, or classical music :)

Hope this helps :)

@Vermont there's a nice shop at United Square that sells kiddy beds and furniture. We'll be taking a look there after CNY. Otherwise, ikea is a good affordable option. Another option is to get a futon. We were just at my aunt's and my cousin's got a futon. Little one loved it.. You're so lucky that your girl is a good sleeper! My girl is terrible! She hates sleeping. Like me. Hahaha. Hope #2 is more like daddy and sleep lots.

I did my hair while preggers and also while bfing. I was told that its ok cos the amount that is absorbed is negligible. Also, your body will metabolise it. The smell, however, was a uncomfortable for me during pregnancy cos maybe a bit more sensitive to smells.. It's individual preference, i think. If you're not ok with it, then best to avoid.

Oh I've been to that shop in United Square, a kids room paradise :) Had a hard time removing my girl from the store lol... but unfortunately the price tags are over our budget :(

You know how usually the kids in the same family are very different... Hence I'm prepared for a rocky bedtime routine for No.2. But this dragon of mine is quite hot tempered, so I'm hoping the goat will be a gentle natured one, pray pray pray.

Haha... in that case im not a sahm. After ML will go back to work. Quite true that steriliser and breastpump can get it at 2nd hand but tot of hygiene esp breastpump jiu abit have to reconsider, cuz if its from friend jiu can accept but if from stranger online... :eek: I probably will go do a price survey at department stores etc VS bb fair promo price VS 2nd hand price online. I think I saw like bundle bag including of breastpump, bottles, nipple pad selling in metro. Like a whole set promo. Will check out price too. :)

Oops so sorry, I must have mistaken you for another mummy here :(

For breastpumps, there are sellers here in SMH forum. I got my Medela from a trustworthy seller (many friends got theirs from her too, over down if few years) who imports from the states. I think I paid abt s$600 then and locally was going for $899 offer price.

There is a Medela service center locally, so even the pumps bought overseas can be serviced here, be it with or without warranty.

I got Avant milk bottles during the Philips bi-annual factory clearance at Toa Payoh, about 40% off, including Avant breastmilk containers, sippy cup, etc.

For preloved breastpump, only need to change the parts (eg tubing, discs, funnels, 2 milk bottles). The motor gotta get from reliable friend/person as this is the only thing that can't be replaced. Right now my sister is using my Medela, she was using Avant previously and had lotsa issues with it. Breastfeeding is a rather tedious yet so so very important process, so to me, the pump is very important. A good pump can definitely help yield MORE breastmilk and REDUCE this time consuming process. As a newborn needs to be fed about every 2 hourly, the mummy is kept extremely busy - latching, burping, pumping, washing pumps, etc and the process repeats itself throughout the day. Sorry for my lengthy naggy descriptions heee :(

What brands are you currently looking at?

Like Vermont, I am big on positive discipline too! Find that it really helps in shaping desired behaviors. There is a good series of books by jane nelson on positive discipline.

Something to share with mummies. Not sure if u have experienced the same. Another thing i realise is how much my mood affects my boy. Yesterday at lunch i waited 45 min for my food and was so hungry so i got angry. When my boy sensed my angry vibes he started to get whiny. When i calmed down and spoke to him nicely he became alright. Makes me really think twice about losing my cool in front of him even though he is not my intended audience.

Indeed it's so so true. Since our mood greatly rubs off on our spouse, so not to mention even more so to our kid/s.

When she first started acting out at 2 yo, I felt quite desperate (anger, sadness, frustrations, helplessness, etc.) and this really didn't help with supporting her through this tough time because this phase isn't easy for the kids too. There was this very tough week for me where I'll be getting gastric pain every night, caused by too much panic attacks during daytime lol... it's not funny when the dragon breaths out fire from her mouth, nose and all over her skin lol... I really hope the goat will have a better temper and self control.

But we have come quite far since. She's much better now cos we are aware of what will potentially trigger her, employing positive discipline methods, taking away the anger, removing ourselves from the situation. We observe that this state of calmness gets rubbed off on her too, it's like a position 'vicious' cycle :) The results are indeed very different when we get angry at her versus staying calm. But staying calm doesn't mean her behaviors are all permissible, just that by staying calm for everyone, it's so much easier to instill positive disciplinary methods and for all
to understand and analyse the situations and try to raise above it.

I love the Positive Discipline book by Jane Nelson too :) I'm into her second book now - preschoolers. Though I feel the 1-3yo one is better.

Now I'm trying to find books on introducing the second child into the family. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Oops so sorry, I must have mistaken you for another mummy here :(

For breastpumps, there are sellers here in SMH forum. I got my Medela from a trustworthy seller (many friends got theirs from her too, over down if few years) who imports from the states. I think I paid abt s$600 then and locally was going for $899 offer price.

There is a Medela service center locally, so even the pumps bought overseas can be serviced here, be it with or without warranty.

I got Avant milk bottles during the Philips bi-annual factory clearance at Toa Payoh, about 40% off, including Avant breastmilk containers, sippy cup, etc.

For preloved breastpump, only need to change the parts (eg tubing, discs, funnels, 2 milk bottles). The motor gotta get from reliable friend/person as this is the only thing that can't be replaced. Right now my sister is using my Medela, she was using Avant previously and had lotsa issues with it. Breastfeeding is a rather tedious yet so so very important process, so to me, the pump is very important. A good pump can definitely help yield MORE breastmilk and REDUCE this time consuming process. As a newborn needs to be fed about every 2 hourly, the mummy is kept extremely busy - latching, burping, pumping, washing pumps, etc and the process repeats itself throughout the day. Sorry for my lengthy naggy descriptions heee :(

What brands are you currently looking at?

Im looking at Avent. Seems like alot of mummies using Medela? Why?

Another question for all experienced mummies, for bb milk bottles, I understand every few months will have different milk bottle due to the different teats hole and volume of the bottle (not sure whether what is it called). Does it really a need to buy all? I tot of saving abit from here whereby purchase a milk bottle (regular volume) but getting separate teats to change when needed. Pardon me for my weird questions haha.. 1st time mum here hehe :oops:

Hi all Aug'14 moms!!

I am 10weeks preg now. This is my second child. Right now I am having ms too hope it goes off soon after first trimester. 2 weeks later I am going for Oscar test instead of harmony. Cost saving hee...hope everything goes well and jia you all mommies!!

Im looking at Avent. Seems like alot of mummies using Medela? Why?

Another question for all experienced mummies, for bb milk bottles, I understand every few months will have different milk bottle due to the different teats hole and volume of the bottle (not sure whether what is it called). Does it really a need to buy all? I tot of saving abit from here whereby purchase a milk bottle (regular volume) but getting separate teats to change when needed. Pardon me for my weird questions haha.. 1st time mum here hehe :oops:

No worries, we are all here to learn and ask questionssss... :) It's a good sharing.

From what I've heard 3 years ago, for the avant pump, many mummies have difficulty getting all the breast milk out, ie their breasts isn't emptied after pump. There are also more cases of the Avant pump breaking down. But since, Avant has came out with new model, so am unsure what's that like.

I can think of 2 reasons why it's important to empty all the breast milk out:
1) to prevent blockage of the ducts so that more breastmilk can be produced the next round and also to prevent engorgement and infections

many mummies ended up having to hand express the breast milk out :( Time consuming and painful process.

2) to get all the nutritional hindmilk out for the newborn

Why the Medela is better than the older Avant model, mainly because it doesn't have the above issues. Though the motor is rather sensitive (for the model 3 years ago), so it's best to treat it like a baby, and don't drop it.

The hands-free Medela model is great. Medela Freestyle (not sure if the name has changed since). With the hands free up, many gets to multitask whilst pumping :) For me, I'll massage the breasts same time as the pump is working and this helps to yield more breastmilk as a result. I also get to iron out tiny knots (blockades) in the ducts (if any) as both my hands are free during the pump.

Milk bottle wise. From my understanding, they gotta be changed every 6 months (pls correct me if I'm wrong due to my poor memory) This is because of the wear and tear through repeated sterilizing and brushing of the interiors, something about the bottle material being unsuitable for use after this wear and tear. Hence, since we gotta change the bottles, so may as well get the small ones first then switch to the bigger ones 6 months later.

The magic number is 6, 6 milk bottles for newborns, as they drink every 2 hourly at the start - sterilize twice a day.

You are correct in that the teats are changed as and when the baby is ready for an upgrade.

Hope this helps and perhaps other mummies can help fill in the gaps too :)

For medela.. my fren says it broke after a few times usage.. so now she is using spectra S1, and she recommends it. . I'm look at spectra m1 instead.. hmmm.. price wise is alot cheaper than medela and avent

How's everyone doing? Been quite silent recently.ms doesn't seems to improve & I am losing appetite.hope things gets better..cross fingers.
Mtb, I have been having Engorged Breast but today, just today, it's like back to normal.can't help feeling worried.going oscAr tuesday

I read usually when approaching 2nd trimester, breasts wont feel so sore & swollen..

Dun worry cos u still having Ms, right?

All the best for ur oscars test..

How's everyone doing? Been quite silent recently.ms doesn't seems to improve & I am losing appetite.hope things gets better..cross fingers.
Mtb, I have been having Engorged Breast but today, just today, it's like back to normal.can't help feeling worried.going oscAr tuesday

Hi Vermont,

You are very lucky that your hb is so hands on. My hb is not that hands on in terms of taking care of my son as he works pretty long hours and he usually leaves it to my in-laws. And this is where the trouble comes in.
I find that grandparents overpamper the child and my son can be quite bad tempered at times. I used to have less to time to spend with him but now with more time on hand, I try to be more patient and reason with him more. And of course, a child being a child, he would compare why ah ma and ah gong so "nice" to him and this mama here so strict. Sigh :( I just hope things get better when he starts school so he stops being sticky to the grandparents. To be honest, I do not agree with some of their ways and sometimes, I really feel too exhausted to interfere.
Is your kid going for any classes at the moment?

Spoke to my sister yesterday. She said the latest model avant pump may be as good as Medela, could be worth a try :) Medela is somehow the most popular in the recent years because of the suction, I hope Avant has finally caught up so there's more choices when comparing pumps of that grade.

It's a very big headache when the suction isn't good, will cause a lot of issues and may potentially 'fault' the Breastfeeding career, so it's advisable to do more research and asking around before settling for 1.

Medela motor is quite sensitive but I'm not sure if their latest model has improved on that. At the Medela service center here, they will provide a temporary Medela replacement whilst the current one is being fixed, I'm not sure if at a costs though. But so far, most of my mummy friends use Medela and I've only heard of 1-2 breakdowns which is very little compared to other brands.

For the lesser known brands, perhaps good idea to check on the suction performance, as this is normally the most common complain amongst Breastfeeding mummies using brands outside Medela.

But pls note that my knowledge relevance only goes up to 1.5 years ago as it has been this long since I stopped Breastfeeding :)

So please do more research and ask around more more.

Hi Vermont,

You are very lucky that your hb is so hands on. My hb is not that hands on in terms of taking care of my son as he works pretty long hours and he usually leaves it to my in-laws. And this is where the trouble comes in.
I find that grandparents overpamper the child and my son can be quite bad tempered at times. I used to have less to time to spend with him but now with more time on hand, I try to be more patient and reason with him more. And of course, a child being a child, he would compare why ah ma and ah gong so "nice" to him and this mama here so strict. Sigh :( I just hope things get better when he starts school so he stops being sticky to the grandparents. To be honest, I do not agree with some of their ways and sometimes, I really feel too exhausted to interfere.
Is your kid going for any classes at the moment?

Oh, my girl is a complete spoilt brat when she's at my parents place lol... :( :( fortunately we only visit once a week so I usually let her be, as my folks dislike it when I try to discipline her there, says I upset the zen in their house arghhh.... I've try sending her to quiet corner once, my parents got so upset with me as a result :( She is totally a grandma's girl, grandma dotes on her a lot and mummy is of zero significance there. To be honest, I do quite enjoy having her off my hands so I can properly catch up with my siblings and parents.

I think with grandparents, 1 factor is their energy level - they do get tired much more easily due to their age hence when it comes to disciplining, they may spare the 'rod' more and spoil the child wee more in the process. I totally can't imagine how my folks would have coped with my girl on daily basis especially during her most terrible 2s phase back then. Even until today, my folks will avoid bringing her to the playgrounds cos they can't seem to get her home in peace haaa. So these days before we head over to my parents place, I would hv to pyscho her starting from the night before, asking her to share with my older niece and not to fight with her etc etc, nag nag and constantly remind her until we reach the doorstep :(

My girl started going to full day childcare at 18 months but she normally goes for 2-3 days a week, up to about 5pm. Now she goes 5 days a week cos of my ms. Outside classes wise, currently she's doing GUG and swimming, we will drop GUG after this term as it's getting harder for me to bring her to weekday classes now and she has started zoophonics in her childcare this year, so there'll be some duplications there with GUG I feel. Swimming wise we are keeping cos it's a good bonding with daddy :) And it's much easier now when we bring her swimming on our own. Before my second pregnancy, I was planning on starting music middle of the year but I guess will have to push that backwards, maybe it's a good thing afterall heee... When she was little, we did Kindermusik and Shichida, she likes these.

Kids get bored very easily, so it's great to set up a good learning environment for them from young. I feel that they may get up to mischiefs more when they are bored, hence when they are taken care of by grandparents (who likely have lower energy level compared to us not-so-young adults heee), they may try to test their boundaries more and constantly push limits. Kids need lotsa stimulis and attentions, that's why I feel it's good for them too, if they can attend classes on daily or periodic basis...helps to work their little minds more and hopefully with lesser idling time at home, they won't get up to mischiefs that much.

Therefore I feel you may see positive changes with your boy once he starts school. He will be learning lots lots lots out there and he will come home bearing gifts - displaying his gifts of songs, nursery rhythms, knowledge, improved craftsmanship, increased curiosity, etc. :) Then your parents will be able to enjoy his creativity more and hopefully create a better synergy at home :)

Will he be starting childcare or daily few hours program?

Okie, now I gotta try to go back to lala land again...

hi all I'm 11 weeks in and starting to feel my tummy expanding. Cant fit into tighter clothing and trying to camouflage pregnancy at work is getting hard..:) any advice for maternity clothes shopping I.e. When and where to buy good value clothing?
Hi! U can try qoo10, h&m, top shop and online USA store ASOS allot of nice clothing :)

Just to check, I rem I read somewhere, expecting women should avoid green papaya right?

I read that it's good to reduce papaya consumption in general. Cos the enzymes (or something in papaya) is pro contraction. I normally google in Chinese websites, they are fairly informative.

I read that it's good to reduce papaya consumption in general. Cos the enzymes (or something in papaya) is pro contraction. I normally google in Chinese websites, they are fairly informative.

My friend's gynae say too and she stopped me from eating papaya and anything yellow. Hehe ....

Glad to see many moms-to-be here also in the weight loss/ minimal weight gain situation. I think my in laws are v worried , cause it seemed like they knew quite some time ago (we told them at ard 5 wks) and now its 13w and they dont see any difference. Yesterday got pep talk about eating more n not moving around so much due to my active lifestyle.

but its still hard to assure the old folks ya

Hi All, just an update after visiting Doc Han today. did ultrasound and cervix scan, my baby is 10wks + 5days today. Cervix is closed and normal length which is ok. everything seems fine now.
Kinda heaven and hell from last week. Next appointment in 4 weeks time. Thanks all for all the well wishes and prayers :)

Oh, my girl is a complete spoilt brat when she's at my parents place lol... :( :( fortunately we only visit once a week so I usually let her be, as my folks dislike it when I try to discipline her there, says I upset the zen in their house arghhh.... I've try sending her to quiet corner once, my parents got so upset with me as a result :( She is totally a grandma's girl, grandma dotes on her a lot and mummy is of zero significance there. To be honest, I do quite enjoy having her off my hands so I can properly catch up with my siblings and parents.

I think with grandparents, 1 factor is their energy level - they do get tired much more easily due to their age hence when it comes to disciplining, they may spare the 'rod' more and spoil the child wee more in the process. I totally can't imagine how my folks would have coped with my girl on daily basis especially during her most terrible 2s phase back then. Even until today, my folks will avoid bringing her to the playgrounds cos they can't seem to get her home in peace haaa. So these days before we head over to my parents place, I would hv to pyscho her starting from the night before, asking her to share with my older niece and not to fight with her etc etc, nag nag and constantly remind her until we reach the doorstep :(

My girl started going to full day childcare at 18 months but she normally goes for 2-3 days a week, up to about 5pm. Now she goes 5 days a week cos of my ms. Outside classes wise, currently she's doing GUG and swimming, we will drop GUG after this term as it's getting harder for me to bring her to weekday classes now and she has started zoophonics in her childcare this year, so there'll be some duplications there with GUG I feel. Swimming wise we are keeping cos it's a good bonding with daddy :) And it's much easier now when we bring her swimming on our own. Before my second pregnancy, I was planning on starting music middle of the year but I guess will have to push that backwards, maybe it's a good thing afterall heee... When she was little, we did Kindermusik and Shichida, she likes these.

Kids get bored very easily, so it's great to set up a good learning environment for them from young. I feel that they may get up to mischiefs more when they are bored, hence when they are taken care of by grandparents (who likely have lower energy level compared to us not-so-young adults heee), they may try to test their boundaries more and constantly push limits. Kids need lotsa stimulis and attentions, that's why I feel it's good for them too, if they can attend classes on daily or periodic basis...helps to work their little minds more and hopefully with lesser idling time at home, they won't get up to mischiefs that much.

Therefore I feel you may see positive changes with your boy once he starts school. He will be learning lots lots lots out there and he will come home bearing gifts - displaying his gifts of songs, nursery rhythms, knowledge, improved craftsmanship, increased curiosity, etc. :) Then your parents will be able to enjoy his creativity more and hopefully create a better synergy at home :)

Will he be starting childcare or daily few hours program?

Okie, now I gotta try to go back to lala land again...

Wow, I thought I sleep late, you are even later. haha
I guess so, they need a lot of attention. Even toys play for a while already not interested
He would attending 3 hours daily, not full day type.
Ya these days they know how to demand for things and can be quite stubborn. They would insist on their own point of views...anyway, hope all get better as they grow older! haha

Hi All, just an update after visiting Doc Han today. did ultrasound and cervix scan, my baby is 10wks + 5days today. Cervix is closed and normal length which is ok. everything seems fine now.
Kinda heaven and hell from last week. Next appointment in 4 weeks time. Thanks all for all the well wishes and prayers :)

thats great news! Mummy must rest well

Wow, I thought I sleep late, you are even later. haha
I guess so, they need a lot of attention. Even toys play for a while already not interested
He would attending 3 hours daily, not full day type.
Ya these days they know how to demand for things and can be quite stubborn. They would insist on their own point of views...anyway, hope all get better as they grow older! haha

heee...I sleep at 9 ish these days. then get up at abt 2am toilet break...then will toss n turn :(

technically they start to understand better and accept reasoning better by 3...so there's light at end of the tunnel... pary hard hard

So happy for you guys! Ask your wife to rest more and stay happy. Take good care. Pregnancy is not easy but with husband and wife putting in efforts together, it definitely feels better. :)

Happy for u all!
meanwhile u should still continue to rest well n take things slow and easy.

Do you all really avoid using scissors, thread n needle during preg? I juz used scissors to trim my hair.. n suddenly remember such myth. Kinda worry.. although i keep telling myself it is juz a myth...

Do you all really avoid using scissors, thread n needle during preg? I juz used scissors to trim my hair.. n suddenly remember such myth. Kinda worry.. although i keep telling myself it is juz a myth...

I think if you did not use scissors, thread, needle on bed then it is still not so bad. :) but some pple prefer not to cut anything off themselves, e.g like cut clothes label when wearing the clothes.
You be fine. :) hows your oscars?

My first pregnancy, I really didn't use these at all except scissors. Now I'm using all these but away from the bed.

btw can we eat on the bed, according to myth that is.

I think if you did not use scissors, thread, needle on bed then it is still not so bad. :) but some pple prefer not to cut anything off themselves, e.g like cut clothes label when wearing the clothes.
You be fine. :) hows your oscars?

I saw some mtb have concerns abt coloring and rebonding, me too but i cant do without rebond. Im thinking to cont doing "treatment rebond", those 90% treatment and 10% chemical so ur hair will still be healthy and not so much of chemical?

Another quest.. how about trimming hair? After first tri shld b fine right...

We r also speculating on gender and some of e myths are quite interesting and challenge by Science. My MIL said usually Aug is galgal. Nonetheless, like what all wish and want, healthy is most impt.

I talked to my mum about painting my girl's bedroom. She objects saying if painting duration crashes with the wrong 'timing' 时辰 can be potentially bad. I've never thought of this 'timing' issue before. So have decided to shelf my painting plans

I talked to my mum about painting my girl's bedroom. She objects saying if painting duration crashes with the wrong 'timing' 时辰 can be potentially bad. I've never thought of this 'timing' issue before. So have decided to shelf my painting plans

Can take a look at the lunar calendar on auspicious timing/date and where is e 胎神 located on the day? But if u can kiv ur plan, just kiv since no hurry.

Can take a look at the lunar calendar on auspicious timing/date and where is e 胎神 located on the day? But if u can kiv ur plan, just kiv since no hurry.

I see, thanks for enlightening. To be honest, I'm more and more paranoid about painting now lol...

Someone close to me, during preggy, the mummy did some sewing on the bed. When baby was born, the skin in between 2 toes were joined (but there are 2 separate toe bones). Quite freaky.

Back