Confinement nanny

Hi mummies

just to share the contact number of my confinement nanny Auntie Tong's confinement service. Her contact number is 0127685878 (msia hp).

Auntie Tong loves baby and she can handle baby very well. She also can cook very well. She just told me her next available slot is april15 onwards. I would love to recommend her since she did a good job during my confinement. Hope more mummies can benefited from her service.

Pls avoid CL name miki lee. She can look after and can cook but very kaypoh, likes to gossip and likes to carry tales. Caused rifts in my family by the end of her stint with me. She sticks her nose into everything and even wants to know me and hubby's salary then go round commenting about it.

I would like to recommend confinement nanny Auntie Susie.
She cooks well with confinement foods, being caring for the baby.
She is honest, kind, hygienic, flexible and friendly. She handles baby very well.
All babies that being looked after by her growing very well. She is very responsible lady.
She only takes alternate month job thus she come on time and able to extend her services if requires. Her next available slot will be April 2015.
She has good reviews from all jobs that she had completed.
Her contact number: +6012 6489568 or 98837948

Anyone heard of the confinement lady by the name of Jiao jie ?
She's currently doing confinement in AMK.

Have not heard of jiao Jie but would like to alert all mummies to avoid CL by the name of miki lee. She likes to gossip and carry tales and caused a lot of unhappiness amongst my family members. Not worth the additional stress she will give you.

Our CL was a nightmare to us. Her name is Aunty Yee Mei from somewhere near Selangor.

We contacted her in June 2014 for our baby EDD 21 November 2014. She agreed to one month confinement with us with no deposit taken.

My wife was late for 4 days and she gave birth on 25 November 2014. We told her on 25 November to come down to Singapore on 28 November 2014 (the day my wife was discharged from hospital), by 12pm.

1. She reached at 6pm, 28 November, and needed a lift from the custom.
2. Next morning, told my wife at 8.30am that there will be no breakfast for her as she said she had many things to do such as arranging groceries (we were just back from wet market at 8am), and told my wife to grab a piece of bread for breakfast.
3. There was no soup for the 2nd and 3rd day of confinement month.
4. When my wife asked her what is there for confinement food, she said "it depends on what you want to eat, normally is just one vege, one meat, sometimes got soup."
5. Sweep and mop the house once in 2 weeks.
6. Kept complaining that she needs my wife to tell her what to cook for the next day early if not she got no time to cook.
7. She said she does not know how to cook bak chor, and chicken soup and red rice wine chicken. Other than these she loves to use soy sauce in every dish she cook, even though my wife is a c section birth.
8. She said she does mostly Singapore confinements, and said that Singaporeans only eat 3 meals a day and the Singapore moms will have only bread for their breakfast. She does not cook for tea times for Singapore moms and does not make sure you are not hungry and says that she does not usually do Malaysia style which includes tea breaks food. If you are hungry during tea times, she will complain you did not give her enough time to prepare by saying "you never tell me earlier, you should have told me early, now where got time to prepare?" Plus the you owe me big time face and attitude.
9. She said she has NEVER seen any woman who has late labor, in Singapore or Malaysia, in her entire life and time working as confinement nanny for 20 odd years.
10. She said she has NEVER seen a baby who had her fill of milk and still does not want to sleep but continues crying.
11. She cannot calm baby to sleep at night, and pass the baby to my wife and she complains that she is having a hard time taking care of baby since ON THE FIRST NIGHT already because my wife needed to breast feed to get the milk flowing.
12. She constantly discourages my wife to breastfeed and encourages artificial pacifier and fully change to formula milk for easy caring of the baby.
13. Baby poo not cleaned thoroughly from baby bum and she claims its because she was not wearing her specs.
14. Read 60ml of breastmilk as 40ml, then feed further 20ml of formula milk to a newborn in her second week of birth and caused baby to puke out milk from nose and mouth. She refuses to wear her specs for the rest of the confinement period even after she claims its because she has bad eye sight.
15. She rarely smiles and its like we owe her something so big that she almost cried when we were sceptical of her ability and tend to ask a lot of questions which made her felt that she was not trusted by us.
16. On the first day she arrives, she said she can only do 2 weeks due to her son's wedding in Malaysia, and said her cousin will replace her. We trusted her, BUT her cousin reach for one night only, then her cousin said she cannot do the two weeks due to her dad in law had an accident at home and she needs to go home. We had NO PLAN B. So we have to find second nanny now. Emergency.!!!

Besides her menopause symptoms (she is 57 years old this year), she actually has her strengths;

1. a lady who does baby clothes washing every single day, and
2. showers baby twice a day and
3. Cleans and sterilize baby bottles and milk pumps everyday.
4. Cooks for my wife and I.
5. She eats very little and most of the times the leftovers. We wanted her to eat with us but she refuses.
6. Mop the kitchen floor everyday.
7. Sweeps and mops the living room and baby room once in two weeks.
8. Changes baby diapers.
9. Tries to calm baby to sleep in the day and night.

@AJK, u have her pic?...can share?..

We have not taken any photo of her. She is leaving this Thursday early morning, so practically her day 14 at our house will be less than one working day; we still however agree to pay her $1300 (half of $2600 a month). She still can work, just that she needs to work for mommies who doesn't eat breakfast/ tea breaks and moms who hate breastfeeding.

She seems useful to new mommies only if you have a second helper at home, because Aunty Yee Mei asked my wife to take and warm refrigerated breastmilk bottle for her while she waits in the baby room and baby still crying in her arms during noon feeding. Aunty walked out of the room after couple minutes asking "Is the milk ready or not?"

Other than her attitudes, her working style is fine so long as you follow her way and don't ask for more than what she gives you. Though at times if you praise her and tries to make her happy, she will smile.

She cooks really delicious soy sauce chicken, soy sauce pork strips, steamed soy sauce cod fish, soy sauce bee hoon with carrots, stir fry cabbage and carrots, etc.

The food is really good with the rice if they are not for new mommies. My wife's feet was swollen (water retention) for the first 4 days after eating her food. It only got better after we tried to convince her to not use soy sauce and use very little salt during cooking. Somehow she still reverts back to soy sauce dishes. She even said "if steamed cod fish don't add soy sauce, how to eat?" We were pretty dumbfounded and due to lack of experience in cooking, we did not know how to answer her ridiculous claim.

She said it should be fine even if u r a c sect mom. So following which everyday we have a soy sauce dish...

We are looking for new confinement lady who can do day and night for 2 weeks from this Friday onwards. Any recommendations? This time, I hope it will not be as bad as the current one.​

@AJK,
In the beginning, she shd hv inform that her son wedding and cant do 1 mth contract, this is really terrible...
Some more, your wife is breast feeding but she still cook cabbage?...Breast feeding cant eat cabbage, coz cabbage is milk production killer..:(
Btw, where do u stay?....i try to ask my CL whether she can help for short period or not, coz she actually has 1 contract EDD 6 Jan 2015 but probably the mummy will deliver early...so if she can help till 25 Dec 2014 shd be ok ba coz ur bb already full month le...:)

Oh my. Wht she cook soy sauce. She didn't has the basic knowledge as cl? My cn never put salt in my dish at all.

@AJK,
In the beginning, she shd hv inform that her son wedding and cant do 1 mth contract, this is really terrible...
Some more, your wife is breast feeding but she still cook cabbage?...Breast feeding cant eat cabbage, coz cabbage is milk production killer..:(
Btw, where do u stay?....i try to ask my CL whether she can help for short period or not, coz she actually has 1 contract EDD 6 Jan 2015 but probably the mummy will deliver early...so if she can help till 25 Dec 2014 shd be ok ba coz ur bb already full month le...:)

Irresponsible.. Tonight, I tried to discuss with her timing to leave on Thursday, at least to cook lunch before she leaves, or we would like to negotiate for reduction of one day wage, in total is roughly to pay her $1207.20 instead. Then she said "then I will leave on Wednesday night instead and you can pay me 13 days salary." Taken aback, it must have been the wage negotiation that has set her off her top.

If your CL can help day and night, from Thursday or Friday onwards, and end by 25 December 2014, we are okay with the timing.

How is your CL like? Can we know how she worked for you? Pricing and telephone number too, thanks! We stay at Sembawang, roughly 500 metres from Sembawang MRT.

Oh my. Wht she cook soy sauce. She didn't has the basic knowledge as cl? My cn never put salt in my dish at all.

We were confused by her response too. As new daddy and mommy, we are taking many opinions at the same time too. Our mothers said no soy sauce. But our CL insisted that soy sauce will not kill and will not leave scars and she claimed that all her mommies she did confinement for the past 20 odd years all got eat soy sauce food during confinement no matter natural birth or C sect. Then she gotten upset because we have different opinions from her. My wife had to apologise to her and told her it is okay to cook soy sauce dishes and then our CL gotten happy for a couple of days until the tea breaks problem kicked in.

Hi, just to share.

I paid a deposit of $300 to a CL name-Anna Wong who later called me a week later to claim that she want nothing to do with my 8years old and that she would recommend someone else to take my job. I therefore rejected her offer feeling that she is not genuine. Prior to this, I brought my girl to meet her and eventually she didn't return my deposit despite saying she will return me partially.

Although I was skeptical about looking for another reliable CL (due in 3 months at that time), I knew I needed the help because I've no helper and I've another 8years old girl and my birth was a planned C-section.
By words of mouth, I gotten the contact number of my recent CL. The one reason she was recommended to me is because she is a very hardworking person.

I contacted her and she came to my place for a meet up. We discussed what to prepare (food and herbs) before the birth.

She is in her mid 40s and she keep fit when she is not on consignment. I hardly ever hear my baby cried in the night course she always wakes before the baby 'scream' for her feed.

She stayed with us for 11 weeks and my 8 years old cried badly the day she left. I gave birth in early June and she left us 2 weeks ago.

She is not attached to any agent and therefore accept confinement job solely through recommendation.

Frankly, I can't see any bad points (besides being thankful) in her even after 11weeks. Basically, she does what a CL would do (or sometimes more). My baby was well taken care of and the day
she left, she ensure everything is back in place and she even took the effort to clean the whole kitchen.

I guess at the end of the day, communications and considerations for each other plays an important part for a smooth sailing confinement journey.

Please PM me if you are keen to have her contact. Please note that I do not receive any commission from recommending, I only wanted to share my experience with other Mum to be.

Hi can i have her number thks.

Hi All,

My mother is an experience confinement lady in Singapore & Malaysia & she is very experience. I'm saying that because i asked for her help twice when i gave birth of 2 little monsters of mine. :) I've also received good comment from her employers for years.

Do contact me for more info if you are looking for one 98160846. I can let her speak to you as well. Or probably meet up!

Cheers!
Eury

Hi does anyone here have confinement Ah kee Singapore number as her malaysia number cannot be reached ?

Thank u ;-) in advance

Ctctct

My mum is a Singaporean, 55 years old, first time being a confinement nanny. However, she is a really good cook and takes good care of baby.
Traditional yet flexible. Cantonese, Chinese can also speak other dialect like Hokkien.

You can contact her @90212833- Aunty Bao Zhu
Basic services below, can negotiate for other adhoc work.
Prepare confinement meals and tonic soup for mother
24 hours baby care, wash baby laundry
Share experience and guidance and support

To all mums-to-be!

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny, Kui Jie, to all of you. She is an extremely experienced confinement nanny and her service has really helped ease my entry into motherhood!

Kui Jie is an amazing cook and she prepared many delicious and nutritious dishes during my confinement, like mee sua with ginger and wine, pig trotters with black vinegar, fish head green papaya soup, chicken with dang gui, chicken essence chicken, pig intestines soup and many many more! She made it a point to prepare two types of herbal soups/tonics for me everyday. I was really weak when I was discharged from the hospital after my delivery, but within a few days of Kui Jie's cooking and care, I have recovered significantly! My milk production also increased dramatically with the huge amounts of soups/red date tea she prepared for me, and now, I have even excess breast milk to freeze! When she learnt that I have sweaty palms, she even took the initiative to prepare ginger wine tonic for me to improve my condition!

Kui Jie is really good with babies. She taught us ways to love and care for our baby without them being too high maintenance (e.g. need to carry all the time). She took care of the baby at night and only wake me up for night feeds (only because I requested that as I would feel engorged otherwise).

In addition to taking good care of me and my baby, Kui Jie also helped to do the household chores. She washed all the dishes/milk bottles, did all the laundry and even cleaned the floor for the common areas. That enabled me to have a rest well so that I can recuperate fully from my delivery.

Kui Jie is still doing my confinement now, and she can be contacted by her Singapore mobile number: 9240 5765, otherwise, she can be contacted by her Malaysia mobile: + 60 14 3485 236. :)

Hi

Not sure if this is in the right thread ..
As my confinement lady is leaving and cannot be extended , i would like to find another nanny to look after my boy for 1 month . Not sure where to look as this is purely to look after my baby boy

Thanks

Hi Yang Yang,
Like to know who have you engaged for your confinement lady and how is she?
Can you pls share your experience with her?

Thank you

To all mums-to-be!

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny, Kui Jie, to all of you. She is an extremely experienced confinement nanny and her service has really helped ease my entry into motherhood!

Kui Jie is an amazing cook and she prepared many delicious and nutritious dishes during my confinement, like mee sua with ginger and wine, pig trotters with black vinegar, fish head green papaya soup, chicken with dang gui, chicken essence chicken, pig intestines soup and many many more! She made it a point to prepare two types of herbal soups/tonics for me everyday. I was really weak when I was discharged from the hospital after my delivery, but within a few days of Kui Jie's cooking and care, I have recovered significantly! My milk production also increased dramatically with the huge amounts of soups/red date tea she prepared for me, and now, I have even excess breast milk to freeze! When she learnt that I have sweaty palms, she even took the initiative to prepare ginger wine tonic for me to improve my condition!

Kui Jie is really good with babies. She taught us ways to love and care for our baby without them being too high maintenance (e.g. need to carry all the time). She took care of the baby at night and only wake me up for night feeds (only because I requested that as I would feel engorged otherwise).

In addition to taking good care of me and my baby, Kui Jie also helped to do the household chores. She washed all the dishes/milk bottles, did all the laundry and even cleaned the floor for the common areas. That enabled me to have a rest well so that I can recuperate fully from my delivery.

Kui Jie is still doing my confinement now, and she can be contacted by her Singapore mobile number: 9240 5765, otherwise, she can be contacted by her Malaysia mobile: + 60 14 3485 236. :)

Is Kui Jie still available?
My EDD is 23rd Feb 2015 and I am urgently looking for a good CL. Pls PM me for contact details Thanks!

Hi all, I am desperately looking for a CN. My EDD is on early April 2015.
I need someone who is willing to sleep in the living room because I am currently staying with MIL, FIL, hubby, and hubby's 2 sisters. There are no more room available and my own room does not have enough space to place a mattress for the CN.
Anyone have any good CN that are humble and easy-going to recommend?

I have been calling up CNs but the good and easy-going ones are all fully-booked! :(

Did anyone here employ a CL called 碧娟 (Bi Juan) before? I was being referred to her by a friend. Not sure if she is good or nt. Pls help. Ty

Please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She told me she only given 21 days pass to be in Singapore.! so i ask her how? She ask us to apply work permit which would be another $200+. on top of S$2800.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443

My CL also don't encourage bfeeding coz i think bottle feed makes their life easier.

She lied a few times too and I'm letting her go soon. Haven't let her know. Sarcastic and caused my baby to have heat rash. Though heat rash is a mild issue. I think it was preventable as we have been highlighting the room they slept in was too warm. Now, baby sleeps with us.

Hi all mummy (who want to have breastfeeding to your baby)

My friend Shana (Shang Xiuxia) is a Licensed TCM Physician (Singapore).

She provide TCM Lactation Acupressure home service in Singapore.

She focus on TCM confinement service in Singapore.

You can reach her by SMS 98648647 or email at [email protected].

Her website is tcmconfinement.com.

Common problems mummies encounter during breastfeeding:

1)产后无乳或分泌过少 (No or insufficient milk)

2)乳房肿胀 乳出不畅 (Breast engorgement)

3)乳腺炎 (Mastitis)

4)乳头扁平或内陷 (Flat or inverted nipple)

5)婴儿无法正确吸奶 (Latching on related issue)

6)回乳 (Ablactation)

She will visit the baby and mummy at your place

and prescribe the best treatment plan base on individual’s needs.

Treatments may include one or more of the following:

acupressure, Chinese herbal medicine, diet recommendation,

acupuncture and advice on breastfeeding concerns and issues.

Regards,

Angela

Hi mummies, I am looking for a reliable confinement lady for my EDD in July this year.
Any genuinely good recommendations? Thank you!!

To all mums-to-be!

Hi, I'm a new mummy and my EDD is near end August. Wanted to share my experience as its all thanks to the postings here that I am able to find information on confinement nannies.

I tried calling Kui Jie but unfortunately she has a confirmed booking in July 2015 so won't be able to take up my assignment as she was afraid I might deliver early and didn't want to leave me hanging which I thought was really nice of her to be frank and upfront about.
She was also surprised that Blessed Cookie had helped post her number and called back quite promptly so I would have confirmed her if she was available. Even when she couldn't take up my assignment she did advise me to try and eat more saying that babies that she has taken care of have better appetites when their mummies tried to eat larger meals during their pregnancies instead of frequent but small meals. I had a really nice conversation with her and she was really nice, jovial and pleasant and though I have not experienced her help personally I was confident I would have gotten along fine with her.
Call her at her Malaysia number as she is back in Malaysia at the moment.

I asked Kui Jie for a recommendation and she asked me to contact her friend Seow Lan Jie whom she says is quite good. Seow Lan Jie was also prompt in calling me back though she sounded more serious. She is 52 and from Ipoh and has about 6 years of experience. She usually does assignments in Malaysia but has done some in Singapore. She was also quite motherly and nice when I couldn't make up my mind in booking her. I had a direct recommendation which I decided to go with in the end but for mummies still looking around maybe can try calling her and interviewing her as well? She uses WeChat and has two numbers you can call her at +60 16 590 2368 (use WeChat with this) or +60 12 727 1762. Because she was patient with me and my questions, I thought she might possibly be an ok CL too.

These are my personal experiences, do interview them and be clear with your requirements and only book them if you feel comfortable. I am so glad to have been able to confirm my CL so just wanted to share info with those still looking?

Dear fellow mothers

it is with much thought and hesitation before I decided to pen this comment hesitation as I do not want to break this nanny rice bowl however I decided to pen my experience as a caution to other mothers if they have expectations that is the same as me to not to hire this nanny.

Her name is YI ZHEN 9246-1037 from MSIA.

I got her thru a friend who just did a confinement with her the feedback from my friend was she was okay. I didn't probe further and went down the next week while she is still with my friend to pass her the 200 deposit.
she pass me a list of items to buy for cooking however we add on items like DOM etc. ourselves as my grandma and experience relatives was very surprise by her strange list certain items was not requested not even (dafeng pill for clearing wind and blood) and a mattress and pillow for her to sleep, and later on for the next 4 months sms to her was not replied, we only get her thru her Malaysia number when I am few days to my C-section date.
Pardon the long post this was how the whole journey of my confinement stress and anguish developed.

I had c-sect on 27th Dec it was a traumatized experience as throughout the pregnancy the clinic asst was unhelpful, we have to keep calling her to remind her to book our bed, she will always say oh this will be booked by the doctor so in the end in early December we call the hospital to double check just in case she miss out, before that she will always be quite impatient when we ask her questions, one week before my c-sect I went for my routine check and I ask the doctor what should I be prepared for and should I fast for my c-sect on 27th and the doctor replied he was unaware I have c-sect next week....
He say next week is holiday and hard to book anaesthetist
Honestly at that moment I almost want to break down and cry.

The doctor was very relax he just make some sms and then he turn to me, where is your letter?
I look at him blankly I have no letter nothing no letter nothing so he shouted at the reception nurse in front of us and say why no admission letter since surgery is next week, and he wasn't aware and hospital wasn't aware too as he just went this morning.
nurse kept quiet but after we left the room she was very black face and say the doctor is crazy she already book so on and so forth...( still refusing to admit her mistake)
on 27th the hospital has no idea I opt for epidural my husband was asked to stand outside and I was at the outside of op theatre for almost 15 mins and all the nurses just keep asking me the same question your are GA right? I say no again and again mine is epidural and they keep repeating the same sentence your clinic nurse never let you sign a form.....

I was asked to sign the form in complete blurry they have taken my glasses before I was wheeled in.
However I was blessed with a very kind anaesthetist sadly I couldn't see her face clearly as I was shivering the whole one and half hours. I continued to shiver after being wheeled out as well, this normal side effects of epidural.

The first night I couldn't sleep as the lady opp me keeps going to the toilet and seem in pain.
second to third night a tremendous backache and inability to sit up on my own w/o immerse pain ( c-sect wound this is normal) I ask the nurse for something to sleep on the second night as I overhead the lady opp me was prescribe sleeping pill
However my doctor refuse and will only prescribe me salonpas.

I was discharged on 30th on the 29th my hubby call Yizhen again she insisted we must pick her up from Jurong at first we thought we are in time however we realized after that we don't have enough time, so my hubby called her to take a cab, and we pay her the fare.
On 30th upon reaching my house she order my hubby and sis around, went out and buy many items from food, to buckets that day we spent 4-500 dollars. All these items were not in the list she gave me.

· She say the pillow was too soft even before sleeping on it insisted my hubby go get a new one.

· She complain my kitchen was the smallest she ever seen in her life.

· She requested to buy new things every day I have a dozen of pots now even though I already have a full set of pots as I do cook, I can understand the first two days but no she wanted to buy things every day I have buckets and basins from mini to large I only realise it after she left she overbuy and kept it under my sink.

· She say the steriliser was too small insisted I buy a huge one

· The first day dinner, was already horrifying…..I have never eaten fish steamed with longan ( I am a teochew hokkien my grandma and mum are excellent cooks)

· She cook me xiaobai cai the most windy vegetable for confinement

· She cook my pumpkin soup very windy food as well

· Every day she continue to cook horrible food which I endure, every single day I was depress.

· She naps daily in the afternoon for 2-3 hours I just kept quiet even though I only pass her the baby around 2-3am and she will wake me up at 6 plus to carry baby if she cries she will say “baby yao bao bao” and she will cook my breakfast and don’t care if by the time I finish pacifying baby and brushing up the breakfast was already cold.

· She will watch TV from 9 plus to 11pm then she on the aircon and sleep she will on it on her afternoon naps as well, even though we have a fan and December was rainy.

· She keeps talking all the time bragging about her sister and how others have more breast milk than me and breast was bigger I was very depress then I will just keep quiet even though in my heart I feel horrible.

· She criticise and claims that others took it easier than me why am I still in pain after 5 days??? Even though I never complain top her I merely tell her I need better food and as I need it for breast milk and my wound still hurts badly ( I got out of bed myself on second day forcing myself as doctor wants me to, to prevent blood clots on feet there are mothers I know that only got up off bed on 3rd day)

· She will cook early or arrange the timing of bath for bb according to her convenience and insisted the dafeng cao is only for afternoon 12 for me to wipe my body when I ask her she will tell me must adhere this timing however when she wants to change it she can.

· My baby belly cord fell off only after 8 – 9 days in the tub even though I told her baby is colicky and umbilical cord cannot get in contact with water she refuse to listen insisted that is my fault bb have huge umbilical cord. I have to bring my baby to a paediatrician and they told me her umbilical cord was not clean properly and hence there was a stump in it the doctor have to insert a blue silver nitrate to absorb the moisture, when I went home I told her again she insist that she did clean properly when I ask her to prevent any more contact with water she continue to do so

· During the whole confinement I could not rest I have to walk around in pain with my wound just to see what she is doing to my child especially during bathing the worse is I told her stop doing it and she continue totally ignoring my existence.

· Every time I tell her nicely she will retort back, if I show my displeasure she will just smile at me...however nothing gets done.

· The ultimatum came when even giving her the cook book she still can’t cook a decent meal, she do not want to take the trouble to cook separate dishes so she will always alter my meal to fit her taste.

· Every time she will be hungry I will let her eat first.

· She will always cook raw chicken this got me very upset as I was breast feeding

· She will water cook vegetable to save time in the morning and fried it in the afternoon and after frying add a tablespoon of salt and I can’t taste a mouthful of salt in it.

· When confronted she will smile again.

· She don’t bath my baby with soap only water.

Above is just a list of things she do actually there is so many that I lost count and whole journey I was tremendously depress, not only be her and my baby refuse to latch on and the experience in the hospital etc., it doesn’t help that relatives keeps coming and all have comments on this auntie and why I aren’t resting why am I eating the wrong food, in true honesty I have no choice.
The ultimatum came final week of my confinement after several rounds of discussion she still cooks horrible food, never feed my baby med at night and insisted if fed bb will cry (lazy to pacify the bb) and she spoilt my 179 shoes even though I already hinted to her by shifting her shoe and clear a space for her on the second shelve she still purposely put my hubby shoe on top of my shoe and when I open it I saw it the whole top of my shoe was bent. I didn’t confront her this happen several times she keeps doing it she insist to put her shoes on the last shelve as is easier for her to slot her feet in..and continuing putting blame on my hubby when things go wrong she will go:” your hubby say one” when I tell her I will ask my hubby she just smile.

To cut story short I let her go one week before confinement ends.
I paid her the full 20 + 1 day as a goodwill, taxi fare of 25.00 and a 20.00 “shou gong” ang bao when she just came I also gave her 50.00 “kai gong” angbao even though I really feel she doesn’t deserve it for the stress she caused me.

I was weeping the whole 20 days. My body was not rest well, and I didn’t get the right food I am feeling the effects of ache in my body now.

However she can wash clothes very well it was all very clean she hand wash it.
Not discrediting her 9 years of experience which she repeating over and over again I also took time the whole 20 days to adjust myself and accept her criticism and endure her however I really think that if you want a confinement lady who can cook traditional and nice food she is not the right person, if you want someone who will listen to you she is definitely not the right person too.

Oh gosh, beewife, I feel you. My CL wasn't good as well and she was so sarcastic too. The whole confinement made me upset and surprise surprise, after she left, my breast milk supply increased. She of course was the cause of my stress. I wish I could have given her $20 too but hubby gave her $68 angbow when she left.

All these lousy CL, I wonder whether they even have proper training. We trust them merely by what they said/claimed.

Sad to hear that, I really hope those can recommended good CL to mummies in this forum.
Please do not created this mental problem to mummies, I am simply pity and understand how is the feeling if you have just delivery and have to facing so much problems.

Hi. I like to recommend Mums who have given birth to give Pat a call. My figure improved so much....After the free advice and consultation. Of course. The products are not cheap... but it's so worth it. After birth I'm all bloated up.. It helped push the fats away from where it should be. .After to where it should be....Now I've a fantastic figure....All the men are ogling at me. Sms Pat 96862138. Seems the lady who does it is in Spore again this week.

Hi, I just gave birth 2+ weeks ago and is having confinement now. Will like to recommend my CL whom I find to be responsible and good. She is currently avail from mid Aug onward. Pls PM me for her contact if interested.

hi i am new here. just wondering, is there any mum survived well without a CL? i am trying to get one for my August baby but i guess it's abit too late now.

To all mums-to-be!

Did anyone manage to contact / hire auntie kuijie as recommended by blessed cookie? I made a booking with her on 1sr Sept however after transferring the deposit of $200, i asked her whether she received it through sms for the past 1 mth and there is no reply. Tried calling just now also did not pick up sg no and msia no not working. Will call again tomorrow. I m thinking it may be a scam as blessed cookie and crankygal only msg onced in forum. Anyone has any idea?sigh feel like an idiot.

Did anyone manage to contact / hire auntie kuijie as recommended by blessed cookie? I made a booking with her on 1sr Sept however after transferring the deposit of $200, i asked her whether she received it through sms for the past 1 mth and there is no reply. Tried calling just now also did not pick up sg no and msia no not working. Will call again tomorrow. I m thinking it may be a scam as blessed cookie and crankygal only msg onced in forum. Anyone has any idea?sigh feel like an idiot.

You may want to check with the bank.. who is the account holder.
With the account name, go and make a police report. Is our hard earn money.
This is what my CN told me the other time about some CNs trying to cheat $$ also...
must be careful. Deposit in the account cant go wrong.. SIN is a small country.. these ppl cant run far..

Last edited:
Hi mummies,
Anyone doing confinement and can recommend your cl to me. I need in latejul15. thanks[/QUOT
Hi..mummy, i hv my ex cl friend is doing confinement now with mummy in spore, if u keen, pm me at 92217257
Hi mummy, sorry for the wrong inf, the cl might not be able end of Jul, she has been booked for end of Jun. If u keen with my recomendation, still can pm me, i hv another cl friend shd be available in Jul, she ended her svc next week in Indo.

Last edited:
Just want to let mummies out there know to avoid CL by name of miki lee. She gossips and loves to spread stories between relatives causing a lot of unhappiness, not to mention stress to me. Totally regretted hiring her.

Hi I highly recommend my confinement nanny Aunty Chan. She took such good care of me and my baby that we extended her for 3 months. She cooks well, is knowledgeable and experienced and hygienic which is important for baby. She is easygoing and has a pleasant personality and is great at interacting with babies. My baby is so happy with her that he smiles and laughs each time he sees her, and she was able to gently get him into a routine and he could sleep through the night after a few weeks! She is pro breast feeding and boils herbal soups which are good for my milk supply. All her clients usually extend her stay as they like her so much. Her contact is 83607995 or Msia mobile 010 705 7296

Hi Mummy,
Could you please share the price range she charge you?

Back