Advice for where to go to buy kids furniture

pinkysymphony

Hi everyone, where do you got to buy your kids furnishing? So far I've been to Kiddy Palace and Casa Kidi... Where else is good?

Personally I think a children's table/chairs set will suffice. Small furniture like bed, wardrobe, rack, etc. tend to last a few short years only. I observed my kid actually prefers adult-size bed & bookcase, for me in fact it will be more cost-effective & practical as he grows up.

Ikea is practical, versatile and reasonably priced. Best to not over-clutter room with lots of kiddy furniture but add relevant ones as time goes by. Like Joyce Lin recommends, a large mattress, short desk, chair and shelf will be most practical in the long run.

Other than a playpen we used till kid was abt 1 year old, my son sleeps on a single size mattress on the floor. No frame/cot = super safe. Money can be better spent on learning resources and good quality toys/clothes/food/diapers/toiletries this way!

Any updates? I am looking at decorating my gal's room now and get her to sleep alone herself. She said that if she got her own room she promise to breakoff with parents. LOL

CASA KIDI
goods are import from Germany,USA and turkey.
certain brands only they carry in Singapore. Cannot find elsewhere.
I have bought a berg set from them.
versatile and save space.good choice!
my kid love it!

I found a fantastic car bed for my child from www.supercarbeds.com and ordered.
My child will love it. car bed has realistic looking, sounds and lights with a remote. Furthermore, it made in Europe with good quality.

Here is the picture of car bed ;

car-bed.jpg

hi David.

Love the bed.
How much was the full cost? 499€ + 250$USD shipment to Singapore? + extra?
How long did it take for you to receive? You went to port to pick it up? Condition of the package was ok?

Thanks,

Recently we bought a bunk bed from Kids Haven. The workmanship is very poor. They have a number of white stickers to cover the holes and the paint work is ugly. The worst thing is the bed squeak a lot. When we request them to take a look, they replied us that the squeaking sound is normal. How can it be normal for a bed? With so much squeaking, how can one sleep on the bed. We ended up inspecting the bed ourselves and realised some of the slats are bended or shorter than others. We requested them to change and they replied us to go to their warehouse and change ourselves. With such service and workmanship, it is indeed over priced. Buy at your own risk.

Back