(2014/12) Dec 2014 Mummies

I think 90ml is ok. Mine was about there too and will have a bit spilled out sometimes if we lay her down too fast.

Thanks for the reply.
CL ah choo intends to cut my sons umbilical cord with kitchen scissors just like that. She said "I always do that for every kid"
We initially thought of letting her cut it but it sounds a little bit worrying until we called our mother to check.
Don't ever let any CL cut the remaining umbilical cord. Infection might sets in and baby could get very sick.
Just let it drop off naturally. When it eventually dropped, we placed a sterile 20cents coin on the umbilicus to prevent umbilical hernia.

My baby is 14 days old now. We managed to find a lovely replacement CL called Aunty Gui Xiang from JB and we could trust her very minute looking our son. Baby is waking every 2-3 hours for breast milk. Quite tiring but CL would hold her and feed her about 80mls each feed. She is open to suggestions and feedback. Cooks quite well as well. Clean well and hygienic.

if you want her contact please let me know.
Cutting of umbilical cord is no no! Should always let it drop off naturally.

Does putting a 20 cents coin help to prevent umbilical hernia? My girl's umbilical cord dropped off when she was 5 days old. Then she developed umbilical hernia after her full month. When we brought her to see doctor, she said hernia is caused by a weak spot in her abdominal wall. It's a hole. It's supposed to close by itself when she's born. She said it's usually harmless and will resolve by itself by age 1.

It's advised by my mother who had 3 children including me and she used this 20cent coin method, all of us has no umbilical hernia (protruding umbilicus when cough,laugh,sneeze). Make sure your 20cent coin is properly sterilized and covered with a sterile gauze wrapping the coin and place and belt-like band cloth to help stabilize the coin in place.

If you want I can take a picture for u.

This method "preferably"applied before the umbilical cord dropped off. The reason this weakness on the abdominal wall is common from birth is because of the constant high pressure force on the abdomen from e.g crying, coughing, laughing. By using a coin to prevent it "worsening" can hopefully reduce baby chances of developing into umbilical hernia.

By norm, baby should develop a full seal of their abdominal as they grow older. Meaning their abdominal wall will have stronger muscles by then and you should see less of the umbilical hernia worsening - and hopefully it resolves on its own.

For those that gave birth naturally, how long did the stitches take to melt away?

Today is day 12 since I delivered. I still feel my down there sore. Going to toilet is a chore.

2 weeks+ or so then it feels tender. After 2 weeks, it feels kinda normal. I'm at 3 weeks now and don't feel the stitches anymore.

For those that gave birth naturally, how long did the stitches take to melt away?

Today is day 12 since I delivered. I still feel my down there sore. Going to toilet is a chore.

Hi, tdy is my day 14 after giving birth n I dun feel the stitches alrdy. Actually I didn't feel them after 1 wk.

ooo so u delivered on Boxing Day. :)

After 14 days.i dont feel any pain and the stitches gone.

Hi, had ur lochia ended? Mine already 4 weeks... but today suddenly had alot again when I thought it is stopping soon....

Hi, had ur lochia ended? Mine already 4 weeks... but today suddenly had alot again when I thought it is stopping soon....

I dun hve a lot of flow. It is just like spotting every day.

Urs 4wks alrdy? It is ok. Cos mine didn't stop totally till after 2 mths for my 1st pregnancy.

Hi, tdy is my day 14 after giving birth n I dun feel the stitches alrdy. Actually I didn't feel them after 1 wk.

ooo so u delivered on Boxing Day. :)

delivered on xmas day. He he he.

Wow your gynae must have done a very good stitch job!

I can still feel the wound down there. Can't wait for this feeling to be over.

Hi all, can you recommend any good confinement nanny in term of cooking confInement, helping some simple homework and clean and tidy. If possible can I have the contact and name? Currently looking for one in 2015. Thanks

i m post delivery 3weeks already and still feel sore. i guess its normal. but stitches takes 10-14 days to melt.

i m post delivery 3weeks already and still feel sore. i guess its normal. but stitches takes 10-14 days to melt.

I see..

I have been very heaty from confinement food. Almost after every meal will need to poo and the poo is blackish in colour. Urgh.

I can't really tell the sore is due to the excessive poo sessions or the stitches!

Just as I thought my wound seems to b recovering fine, I had menses cramps feeling this morning. Had to lie on bed. And my flow is heavier than previous days. Wondering is it cos I have been carrying bb too much for the past few days...

Hi
Can add me to dec 14 mummies in fb or any chat ??
Thanks thanks I am new here.
Given birth to my baby son 21 dec 14:)

Dear Mummies! Hope everybody is enjoying motherhood! Sorry to intrude on this group. But I'm a Nov'15 mommy. And I'm looking for a CL. Just wondering if anybody has a good one to recommend? Thanks!

Any mummies at west or Bt Panjang need fbm? I have about 20 over packs dated February for bless. Please text me at 97472522 if keens

Back