any 35 and above trying for their first?

@darkrain75 I guess if it goes up and down every other day then likely not yet ovulate. If 36.2 is about your lowest temp for your usual months, then maybe you could be ovulating soon. Just wait up another few more days to see if your temp goes up and stays up.

This not my lowest, i can go even lower than that, and ya, gonna see what the numbers gonna be the next few days before decide what to do

I read if e bbt is consistant 36.7 and above after when menses suppose to come,ie late 2 days or more n this temp above, chances of positive bfp is high

My 1st or 2nd bfp showed a good typical bfp bbt chart (although wasn't viable). Sharp hike after ovulation. Then also triphasic. After presumingly implantation, there was a consistent raised temp pattern from 8dpo.

I think must be high after menses countdown date.

I am sick of taking bbt n i have given up on it.

Its shows high but when menses coming,it drops. Zzz

Yup we tend to analyze bbt unnecessarily so I don't like to do it anymore. However I'm doing it from last cycle to get into the motion since I can show them to TSB. She might be able to pick up something from there which I don't.

@connie_helpful you are right. Generally if your bbt hits that high or even higher and maintains that for 18 days at least past ovulation, high chances you are preggie.

That day I saw TSB and it was my cd16. Normally I would have tested positive on opk by cd12 and ovulated on cd13 latest. But this month, I still haven't ovulated so I asked TSB if it's alarming. She mentioned that actually if I ovulated early, not really good cos insufficient time for lining to form well. I also told her though I ovulated late last month, I also come AF quite early and spotted also. She said that's cos luteal phase is not good and mentioned that best for luteal phase to be about 14 days ideal. She also mentioned that spotting before AF is not really good cos it means that AF going to come but is coming out very slowly.

@darkrain75 I guess if it goes up and down every other day then likely not yet ovulate. If 36.2 is about your lowest temp for your usual months, then maybe you could be ovulating soon. Just wait up another few more days to see if your temp goes up and stays up.
Yup,but It never happens to me its stays up at least 3 days after menses suppose to arrive.only Got 1 time 2 days af late and high but 3rd day bbt goes down n af came. Bleah.

Nowadays i being to ask, shall i let loose n tell myself to forget abt this ttc,resign to fate n focus on early retirement n travel ard e world with just 2 of us. Maybi tts not a bad choice at all if its meant to be this way :)

Maybi its self consolation

Last edited:
Connie, I was telling my hubby last night too. If the IVF fails, maybe I should forget about ttc anymore and just accept my destiny. Not considering adoption also. Sometimes really tired going for acu and taking Tcm medicine.

Connie, I was telling my hubby last night too. If the IVF fails, maybe I should forget about ttc anymore and just accept my destiny. Not considering adoption also. Sometimes really tired going for acu and taking Tcm medicine.
Hello oceandeep,i read yr story before i think yr case not tt bad still. Should be better than me.
Keep a positive attitude n chiong for e coming ivf. U may succeed with ivf with beginners luck as ivf yields a higher chance than iui. As long as u have a good egg n 1 good sperm n a conducive womb environment,chances will be still there. Also no work stress n no other stress to hinder. Never try never know. Have u ask e clinic on yr long cycle thgy question? I rem doc tols me long cycle lucrin is starts on day 21. Better clarify with clinic.

jiayou!

Snap, I also not considering adoption. Lets hope e goat yr will be a better luck for us! :)

Yup,but It never happens to me its stays up at least 3 days after menses suppose to arrive.only Got 1 time 2 days af late and high but 3rd day bbt goes down n af came. Bleah.

Nowadays i being to ask, shall i let loose n tell myself to forget abt this ttc,resign to fate n focus on early retirement n travel ard e world with just 2 of us. Maybi tts not a bad choice at all if its meant to be this way :)

Maybi its self consolation

@connie_helpful this journey really can be very long and tiring but dun give up ok. Soon it will come. Who knows? Maybe when u give up, it reqlly comes? :)

@oceandeep78 jiayou wor!! It really can be a drag to go for acu n take tcm med. Possibly your body already tiao until better liao then you do ivf it will be a success case. Have faith ok :)

Thanks Connie and Grace. I am trying to think very positively but somehow kept thinking about work. I really dislike our work culture where we glorify being constantly busy and overwhelmed. I am taking few days leave and I am receiving so many work calls. I can't imagine being on HL. I must find time to talk to my boss. I am not sure how understanding she would be but after my mc more than a year ago, have no luck ever since. I think largely due to last year's work stress which hit new levels. Only hope to have my own child and experience motherhood also so tough sigh! Oh yes, somehow my long protocol is different. I am starting lucrin injection beginning of my cycle. Connie, when is your IVF scheduled in? How about grace?

Thanks Connie and Grace. I am trying to think very positively but somehow kept thinking about work. I really dislike our work culture where we glorify being constantly busy and overwhelmed. I am taking few days leave and I am receiving so many work calls. I can't imagine being on HL. I must find time to talk to my boss. I am not sure how understanding she would be but after my mc more than a year ago, have no luck ever since. I think largely due to last year's work stress which hit new levels. Only hope to have my own child and experience motherhood also so tough sigh! Oh yes, somehow my long protocol is different. I am starting lucrin injection beginning of my cycle. Connie, when is your IVF scheduled in? How about grace?

@oceandeep78 haiz I tik a big part of many ppl having probs to conceive is always cos of stress. But it's really inevitable to have stress also. I'm going to see gynae to do 1st checkup after taking tcm med for half yr so will see what he say first.

That day I saw TSB and it was my cd16. Normally I would have tested positive on opk by cd12 and ovulated on cd13 latest. But this month, I still haven't ovulated so I asked TSB if it's alarming. She mentioned that actually if I ovulated early, not really good cos insufficient time for lining to form well. I also told her though I ovulated late last month, I also come AF quite early and spotted also. She said that's cos luteal phase is not good and mentioned that best for luteal phase to be about 14 days ideal. She also mentioned that spotting before AF is not really good cos it means that AF going to come but is coming out very slowly.
Like my last sinseh commented about me about my pre AF spotting. He says 1-2 days still ok. But mine can be like 4days. Sometimes siao siao just one day of spotting. He says AF should work like a tap. On and off. Not abit abit flow then full flow.

It's good to have plan B if TTC doesn't succeed. Must remind ourselves having a kid is not everything (or too major).

Must take everything that comes in our stride and make the most out of it.

Like my last sinseh commented about me about my pre AF spotting. He says 1-2 days still ok. But mine can be like 4days. Sometimes siao siao just one day of spotting. He says AF should work like a tap. On and off. Not abit abit flow then full flow.

@redvel agree with ur sinseh. That's wat TSB said. She mentioned if spotting for v long not good cos it means the AF want to come out but take long time to come out. She said this kind need to tiao which will take time. Last time my spotting at least 4-5 days. Now better, abt 1-2 days. And that day I went in evening also waited about 1 hr+ to see her @@. Now her appointment is at mid march already.

That's good improvement Grace.

My call was done in Jan but scheduled for end March lor. But it's ok...take it easy.

I haven't discuss with my man but I personally prefer to stick with TSB (if 有缘)for max 6 months. And I will quit this ttc plan if nothing positive comes out of it. But that's what I think...have to see what my ahlao says.

Hi oceandeep,yes i also feel its tough to have a own child and experience motherhood. Even tcs actresses pop babies like nobody's biz right after marriage. It seems so easy..but so tough for me n hubby.

am scheduled to cycle next mth,hope all goes well. Maybi we will be cycle buddies :)

Hi graceakaclouds,thanks for e encouragment. Will stay positive. Me also seeing tsb at e 6th mths already under her :)

Hi Connie,
My ET will be in March so we will be cycle buddies! Jia you!!
Oceandeep,thought yrs is next mth? me in feb. I doing short cycle. I will face e battle first.. Nonetheless, I wish u all e best! Lets hope we got good luck in e sheep yr! :)

Last edited:
Yeah next month but start with 2 weeks of suppression then stimulation so ET will be in March. I won't make it for sheep year but I dont care. I just wish for a BFP!! Not sure how short cycle works. Do keep us updated on your progress! Lots of good luck and blessings to you!!

Yeah next month but start with 2 weeks of suppression then stimulation so ET will be in March. I won't make it for sheep year but I dont care. I just wish for a BFP!! Not sure how short cycle works. Do keep us updated on your progress! Lots of good luck and blessings to you!!
Thanks for yr well wishes!!! Same to you too!!

I conceived last year.
my edd is on june 2015. Hopes everything is smooth.
my age is 35 yrs old tis year.
before that i actually when to see tcm For the past 1 year.
the clinic is
si en tcm medical clinic.
doctor is ms teo.
maybe you can give a try.
hi there.. tot of starting a thread for pple as myself whos above 35 and trying for their first.. well, a little about myself.. am 37 and married late at 35. we didn't really start trying actively till e beginning of this year, a bit bo-chup I say... gotten a bfp on end july but alas its not a viable pregnancy. Gynae did a check and turn out to be a blighted ovum. My joy at getting a bfp was short lived. actually I knew something not right coz when I tested on the hpt, the second line was quite faint, barely visible... sigh.. cried like mad on one of my trip to the Gynae.. did a D&C on mid aug... very disheartened.. but we r still trying and nope, I m not giving up.

The higher the age,the higher the risk.
but i think still worth to try lor.

zoe tay and fann wong give birth at the age of 38 and 43 respectively.

QUOTE="SloshySoupy, post: 6568775, member: 154147"]thks.. will try to talk it over with him.. actually think he'll give in eventually coz i used to get watever i wat with him, bahahahaha...

sometimes i m wondering is it worth all these? i read bout bad Oscar test result frm other thread and that got me thinking.. like I fret when we r not able to get preggy as fast and as easy as some, then if we gotten a bfp, worry that the pregnancy might not stick, the pending tests etc, and the tot that by the time i get preggy i m already in high risk group, more to worry about (oscar test result, bb abnormality..) sigh.. maybe i m thinking too much.[/QUOTE]

No luck leh. I also give up liao. So now tryin to sell away all the tins. Yeah guess is like wait n wait.

Also sian. Focus on Chinese New Year preparation :) a great time to be merry n happie

@oceandeep78 I haven't thought of IVF yet. To me, I'm still learning more about it. Not sure if I need to go to that stage yet. I just saw my gynae after 1/2 yr of seeing tcm. It seems that I'm not ovulating so going to be put on clomid for 3 cycles first. Then go back for review. Meanwhile, my hb is going to do his SA. Hopefully will have good news bah. If not, have to see what the gynae say. Dunno how come this journey like so easy for so many but yet so hard for so many including myself.

No luck leh. I also give up liao. So now tryin to sell away all the tins. Yeah guess is like wait n wait.

Also sian. Focus on Chinese New Year preparation :) a great time to be merry n happie

Hello sunbelle,
Have you tried ivf? How long have you been ttcing? For me, I might give up if this fresh cycle fails as I am also afraid of the health risks.

@oceandeep78 I haven't thought of IVF yet. To me, I'm still learning more about it. Not sure if I need to go to that stage yet. I just saw my gynae after 1/2 yr of seeing tcm. It seems that I'm not ovulating so going to be put on clomid for 3 cycles first. Then go back for review. Meanwhile, my hb is going to do his SA. Hopefully will have good news bah. If not, have to see what the gynae say. Dunno how come this journey like so easy for so many but yet so hard for so many including myself.

As time is not on my side, so as much reluctant as I am, I have no choice but to do ivf. Anyway I have gone for 3 rounds of clomid, one round of so-iui and more than a year of ttc, so that kinda tells me I need ART
:(

Hi Ocean Deep, I have tried IVF n got bad OHSS . Almost died. So hubby say no more. Then later got preggie naturally after 2 miscarriages. Dun give up. I has a long journey but never give up .

hihi members

I been TTC for nearly 2 years and am 34 this yr. Have been goes through all the tests already and both are perfectly fine and healthy. But still no news...Aso been TCM at the same time...

I am thinking IUI for the next step but my hubby seems don't really approve as he still prefer the natural way...

Hi Ladies,

I will be going to TSB (1st appt) today. Can I ask, if I need to bring my medical reports for her to see?
for me, i didnt bring any medical reports for her to see because i didnt have any...
she will feel your pulse, look at your tongue, and ask you a list of question then determine how to diagnose.

hihi members

I been TTC for nearly 2 years and am 34 this yr. Have been goes through all the tests already and both are perfectly fine and healthy. But still no news...Aso been TCM at the same time...

I am thinking IUI for the next step but my hubby seems don't really approve as he still prefer the natural way...

Hi Kelle, is ur hb's SA test ok too? Perhaps u can find out more about IUI as well as your chances before speaking to your hb.

Hihi, juz a quick qns. Lately, the last 2-3 days to be specific, i had light spotting and tires easily on off....tried googling it, seems majority of it shows it might be implantation bleeding, advise should test whether is positive or neg, my sis in law more excited than me about the result, but I'm not that keen to take the test...am I too paranoid?

Hi Kelle, is ur hb's SA test ok too? Perhaps u can find out more about IUI as well as your chances before speaking to your hb.
His SA test is fine as well...so basically we both have no issues..so dunno wat went wrong

My Gynae did explain about the IUI procedure to me before and my hubby is aso aware..just he can't really accept this 'advanced' method

His SA test is fine as well...so basically we both have no issues..so dunno wat went wrong

My Gynae did explain about the IUI procedure to me before and my hubby is aso aware..just he can't really accept this 'advanced' method
maybe both of you too stress up?

Hihi, juz a quick qns. Lately, the last 2-3 days to be specific, i had light spotting and tires easily on off....tried googling it, seems majority of it shows it might be implantation bleeding, advise should test whether is positive or neg, my sis in law more excited than me about the result, but I'm not that keen to take the test...am I too paranoid?
i think you can test after 2WW.. if not, the hCG wun be high enough so even you pregnant also cannot detect...

Hey babe, IUI is actually quite natural I feel. Sperm still has to swim to find the egg- only diff is the distance is halved for them to swim. I did iui before and failed but u should try if your gyane adviced U to.

Back