Harmony Test

Hi all!

I just did my harmony test this afternoon. After Gst $1605. As long e result turns out fine $ k earn back.

I did e test cos oscar result positive 1:190. I m turning 37. I sh have go str to harmony instead. Just hope my bb is fine.

Hahaha.thanks. we actually thought is a girl. Nurse just told me that my blood is good...my baby blood is good. All ok. Then told me baby is boy. That's all..

wow...happy for you too. But your result is quite fast..mine..take so long g gg. .until I was worried already whether they need to redo the test.

Maybe is different labs.. So maybe different time frame bah..

In fact yesterday i call the clinic & they say not yet..

This morning i got 4-5 missed call from them...

They like suan me say 'ya, yesterday so gan chiong call us, today cal u so many times u no answer' ..

But tey not rude lah..

Mummies, can advise if I failed the blood test in Oscar, is it advisable to proceed with Harmony since its also blood test?

@rainbobo is the $1000 charged by kkh a prvte or subsidy price?

Babe, u wan to call back your clinic & check wif your gynae if u could proceed wif a harmony test?

When is ur next gynae appt..

Babe, u wan to call back your clinic & check wif your gynae if u could proceed wif a harmony test?
When is ur next gynae appt..

I actually took half day to clinic today after receiving the call cos I can't function well. Sob. Im afraid that Harmony will be bad too cos its related to blood test. Now its decision time that which option Im going for. Was yours also bad result during Oscar for blood test & you went ahead with Harmony? Cos i have no confident in blood test anymore.

So wat was the option ur clinic gave u??

I didnt do oscar test at all. I just went ahead & do harmony test..

I guess maybe u might just have to do a harmony test? Or visit dr ananda to do detailed scan on bb to see if the features/organ are okay.

I am also not very sure wat is the best thing u could do next but just some opinions lah..

I actually took half day to clinic today after receiving the call cos I can't function well. Sob. Im afraid that Harmony will be bad too cos its related to blood test. Now its decision time that which option Im going for. Was yours also bad result during Oscar for blood test & you went ahead with Harmony? Cos i have no confident in blood test anymore.

The options was either amnio or Harmony test. What a smart move that you actually skipped Oscar and go straight to Harmony @fairytale1982
I wished I had done that instead. Actually was thinking of doing the detailed scan at Dr Ananda's clinic too but does that really rule out all DS possibilities?

Btw, what makes you wanna go for genetic scan when you've passed your Harmony?

How many weeks are u now??

I think dr ananda powerful machine might be able to do see clearly bb features/organs. Many so mtb rave abt him. Read this up.

http://www.ssr.com.sg/education.htm

I cannot tel u whether his scan rules out DS 100% anot.. but frankly speaking now whatever u can do just do lor.

I read stories on forums of false negative oscar results, & if oscar results were not good, end up u sure wan to do harmony test to cfm..

So end up spending more & another torturous wait also.

The + point of harmony test was letting me find out gender as early as 12-13 weeks.

Thanks for the link @fairytale1982

I wonder why this genetic scan was not introduce by most gynae. Am ard 14 weeks. What about you? Is this your first child? And all this scan is not cheap too. But for a piece of mind, maybe I should book him too. I wonder if any mummies actually dropped harmony or amnio after visiting him.

I am ard 13w2d today.

So next week do the scan shd be just nice.

I asked my gynae abt this genentic scan, but he tel me when i at 20w he will refer me there.

But i tot i remember reading some mtb gg there for 14w scan..

So i just call in myself to make appt lor.

Ya test are not cheap. During our parents time, she told me where got so many blood test or scan one.. But we also come out like tat, nuthing wrong..

Thanks for the link @fairytale1982

I wonder why this genetic scan was not introduce by most gynae. Am ard 14 weeks. What about you? Is this your first child? And all this scan is not cheap too. But for a piece of mind, maybe I should book him too. I wonder if any mummies actually dropped harmony or amnio after visiting him.

Lol yeah! My parents also said the same thing! And I have to explain to her whats all this test about, and a lil regret for telling her too much infor cos they seems to be very worried. And sometimes ignorance really is a bliss, last time people also don't have such things yet all is healthy too. Save $$ also. Now so many test & scan to take. Only make us more worry only.

Babe, i am not u, so i wont say things like i understand how u feel.

I guess u must be feeling messed up inside..

But there are few options listed for u to go ahead..

Just fast fast make a decision..

The genetic scan is non-invasive.. & i believe it should be able to tell u whether ur bb has ds sypmtons, cos they say ds bb have certain features different from normal ones.

The earlier u go ahead,the earlier u can be relieved or touch wood to make a decision.

Sigh. Thanks alot fairytale! Will think through and make decision soon. Btw, how much did you pay for harmony test & where was it done it?

Hi all,

Can i check whats the diff between the processes of oscar and harmony tests? Could someone explain more details on the 2 tests? Is it just drawing blood samples from the mummy? My sis was telling me harmony test needs to take the sample from the foetus, which would end up harming the foetus and cause miscarriage.. My gynae only told me abt blood sampling required.

My nxt gynae appt is on 23rd feb which I'll be deciding which test i would take..

TIA!

harmony test is definitely not drawing blood from foetus. Tat one is amino & only done if like oscars or harmony result is not favorable..

I think on page 1 or page 2, someone posted the difference between the 2 tests..

Hi all,

Can i check whats the diff between the processes of oscar and harmony tests? Could someone explain more details on the 2 tests? Is it just drawing blood samples from the mummy? My sis was telling me harmony test needs to take the sample from the foetus, which would end up harming the foetus and cause miscarriage.. My gynae only told me abt blood sampling required.

My nxt gynae appt is on 23rd feb which I'll be deciding which test i would take..

TIA!

Last edited:
Hi leeweena,

For harmony test, i had mine done exactly at 11 weeks and 3 days and it yields optimal results as its based on blood test which includes some of your fetal blood as well so its definitely fine :)

Hi Twirly,
I am going for mine at Dr Irene Chua at week 10.

Harmony test will be the first test I do. Is there any test that we go through at Dr Irene Chua?

Hello @SuperBerry,

Harmony test was the first test we did with Dr Chua at around week 11. At week 20, she scheduled my detailed scan with Scotts Medical Centre (she outsourced this portion) for fetal development. For both tests, she will explain in detail the findings to u :) oh, and not to mention for every monthly visit, im required to do a simple litmus paper pee test just to check if my urine is ok etc too. Hope this helps!

Hi @fairytale1982 and @joceymiin ,

Yup i think me and another mummy posted on the difference in the oscar and harmony tests. fairytale1982 is right, there is no harm done to fetus at all for harmony test. In fact, i am 25 yo yet we proceeded with harmony although younger age of mummy, technically the lower the risks of down syndrome etc. we did harmony cos it yields higher accuracy and also hubby says hes paying haha... So dont worry ok. Think ur sister mixed up with amino. Im 22 weeks now and all is fine w me too and my babygirl

Hello @SuperBerry,

Harmony test was the first test we did with Dr Chua at around week 11. At week 20, she scheduled my detailed scan with Scotts Medical Centre (she outsourced this portion) for fetal development. For both tests, she will explain in detail the findings to u :) oh, and not to mention for every monthly visit, im required to do a simple litmus paper pee test just to check if my urine is ok etc too. Hope this helps!
Thank you @Twirlycandy !

So far I m in my week 7, haven't been asked to do the paper pee test yet. Hehe. Will u be required to do any blood test every other visits?

@SuperBerry so far not required to do any blood test. The harmony test was the only one. Unless u suspect ur hubby has any blood disorders (like thalessemia minor which my hubby has bt we knew long ago) then dr chua may advise u accordingly. :) jiayou w forst trimester! Any morning sickness?

@SuperBerry so far not required to do any blood test. The harmony test was the only one. Unless u suspect ur hubby has any blood disorders (like thalessemia minor which my hubby has bt we knew long ago) then dr chua may advise u accordingly. :) jiayou w forst trimester! Any morning sickness?
@Twirlycandy, when do we check for gestational diabetes? Kinda scared of this.

Morning sickness so far... Don't have but I have been greedy. Am greedy by default but now, I got lots cravings, ranging from wantan mee to cheese burger. Haha! Appetite is ferocious but need go watch out lor

@have-faith..Oscar can give false positive result too. Better faster to do the other test such as genetic test then amnio.U google oscar false positive result, there are sharing from other mummies at singapore motherhood about their experience and decision on taking genetic test and amnio test and then decide to abort as the chance of baby to live after born is zero percent. It will not be the same case for you but better knows exactly what happens with our baby and then decide.

Hey mtb,

Anyone went got genetic scanning before??

i gg next week, which i will be in 14w liao..

Wat to expect during the session??

If my harmony test are 'normal' , can i still expect anything 'negative' ??

& also the nurse at dr ananda clinic say they will call my gynae clinic to ask them fax over my harmony test results..

Then i was like 'ermmm' ...

Then the nurse ask 'or u prefer not to let ur gynae know u come here?' ..

I was just puzzled at y she ask tis qn? My Gynae will buay song one meh?

hi
im 33 this yr. my gynae was asking me to do oscar test. i heard its not so accurate. do u think i shld do harmony or oscar?

If your financial means allow, then do harmony test... Cos harmony test is abt triple the cost of oscars..

I read abt many false unfavorable oscars results, & end up mtbs have to do a harmony test to cfm. Unless u r the type who doesnt care & will not be affected by a unfavorable results..

& also harmony test let u know è gender slightly earlier thou it may not be of great importance to u..

I read that most mtb do it ard this timing..

I did at 12th week..

Dr will usually advise u on oscar/harmony when u ard 8-10 weeks

Thanks for the replies :)

My gynae actually encourage me to take the test at 13 weeks.
He said too early might not be able to pick up baby's DNA.
I tot of doing it earlier like 11 weeks wor...

My sister did her OSCAR test and continue with Aminocentesis test because her Oscar test result was no good. We all just wanted to have a peace of mind and be ready for what is coming next. I was angry with the false result from OSCAR when my sister told me about it 2 years back and it was like spending $$ on a test n test but little did I know that I have to go through the same process as her this year. There is a Harmony test but not cheap and not 100% as well.

My sister did her OSCAR test and continue with Aminocentesis test because her Oscar test result was no good. We all just wanted to have a peace of mind and be ready for what is coming next. I was angry with the false result from OSCAR when my sister told me about it 2 years back and it was like spending $$ on a test n test but little did I know that I have to go through the same process as her this year. There is a Harmony test but not cheap and not 100% as well.

hi Hong,

how is ur sis results for amnio test?

im gg for my amnio test next week..

Back